black friday flash "sale"?

wesker
wesker Posts: 84 Arc User
I'm a bit confused. Is it a sale or another "spend" promo? Seems like 2nd option because the 4* orb price is sill 7,5 gold. So if I understand it correctly for spending 5+ gold today i will receive just ONE 4* orb even if I spend 1k gold? If so, I suggest to rename the title of it to "black friday lame spend promo" :/
Still hoping for some REAL sale during black friday...

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    We dont even have Charge promos going - wouldnt surprise me if we got both point redeeming promo and extra 15% zhen promo going on the same time. Can almost promise one or the other starting soon.

As for sales, we are still on sale list prior to black friday sales, I got a strong feeling we are getting some kind of pack sale(s). They bumped prices of all packs up so normalish price would feel cheap when its not. I dislike marketing strategies such as this but meh.

As for this flash sale thingy, its spend X amount of gold get goodie Y. IO imagine there is gonna be worthwhile day for heavy spenders too so I wouldnt throw towel in with this one yet.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @saxroll Actually CN disliked some of the pack prices we were setting before. Older ones they don't seem to mind as much being lower.

I will not confirm or deny your projections, since I already let slip there was going to be really nice stuff on the Black Friday list and that there was acknowledgement of the items that were affected by DST. So people can take that for what they will.

Definitely watch that newspost space and the next couple of days for sure!
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Well considering it's just a 4-star orb, the good news is that we have nowhere to go but up from here :smile: .

As for sochi packs, this is what I expected because the 25G anni pack sales warned us beforehand that this was the last time the packs would be sold that cheap for awhile. It was actually cheap enough that a lot of people broke even or made a lot of profit off opening packs, which is a rarity (of course market prices fell quickly enough to fix that, but if you were patient....)

28-35G has typically been a "normal" sale.
  • weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Any chance r9 s4 mats for boundless equipment may go on sale ?
    Vae Victis.
  • armoftheland
    armoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    .... was really hoping for 12* orbs since the sale ended basically before it began.fox-34.gif​​
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    There may be some issues with certain day's rewards for the Flash Sales. I got the first 4 Star Dragon Orb quickly, but the Primordial Blood rewards for the 21/11/16 have yet to be mailed after 12 hours.
  • keihan007#7641
    aensidhe wrote: »
    There may be some issues with certain day's rewards for the Flash Sales. I got the first 4 Star Dragon Orb quickly, but the Primordial Blood rewards for the 21/11/16 have yet to be mailed after 12 hours.

Yea, havent gotten my primordial bloods either. And those things were my excuse to give into gambling my moneyz away.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    Ah! Seems like a bit of a hiccup on our backend - should be corrected now, but please send in a ticket to CS if you did not recieve your Bloods and they should get you sorted out with the proper item to send to you! I'll go ahead and let CS know what's happening. If you know of other players who missed out on their Bloods and spent today, please have them contact Support as well!
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Holy shamoly same business day fixes and communication. What did you do with my pwe?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited November 2016
    Eh, just poked the hamsters a bit harder today. *shifty eyes* If any other Black Friday Promo's bug out or quantities don't seem right in future dates, drop a line and I'll see if it can be fixed quickly.

UPDATE : it appears that the quantity of Bloods was also incorrect - so if you received less Bloods than advertised, please include that information in your ticket.
    Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on
  • yuyi#4233
    yuyi#4233 Posts: 28 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Are this new sales that just popped on Dawnglory server the actual 'Black Friday Sales' or there's more coming during the actual Black Friday? Seeing how Profaned Wood is also on sale at 18g each would also be nice to at least have the Professional Trophy Chest sale (at 25g each like the last time) during the Black Friday at least for a day since it's also connected to the Profaned Wood (aka homestead stuff).
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Did anyone get the bonus spend promo from 11/22? Spent the gold, over an hour and still nothing.

EDIT: Took somewhere between 2 and 3 hours, but it did eventually come.
    Post edited by perrion on
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @gret2692 The promos that are outside of the game will run simultaneously on top of whatever is in-game. Tonight's Black Friday shop will go live, so these Flash Promo's are not the entirety of the Black Friday sales, but extra bang for your buck. Keep in mind this is laying on top of our Ultimate Spend Promo as well!

We had a sale for all the Homestead related items during the content update/launch, but I didn't think to toss any of that down Black Friday's way-will make a note of it for the future!

@perrion Whew! Well if anything else freaks out let us know!
  • dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    Im sort of hoping for a charge rewards promo as well but it's not looking good. I don't know if PWI ever runs charge promos on top of spend promos, but maybe black friday would be a time to do it *hint hint nudge*. I guess they want to drain the gold from the economy first. As is I can just use gold from AH to obtain the rewards.

Hopefully after the 29th we can get some sort of nice charge promo worthy of the holiday season. Maybe even *gasp* bloods and orbs?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @dregenfox I'm kicking alot of those ideas to the appropriate departments. I'm usually aware of what types of promos are running and I give feedback, but I don't normally sit down and hammer out the particulars. So I know but don't know at the same time, if that makes sense. We shall see what can be cooked up!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited November 2016
  • eirghan
    edited November 2016
    Um so. It took me 24 hours to get my spend rewards. Which isnt really a problem but am i wrong when i assume that i should get tier one rewards when i spend tier one amount of gold, then at tier two i get tier one AND two rewards? Ex: by 250 gold you should recieve 3x ocean orbs.

Thats what i understood from the advertising but i only recieved one copy of each prize. The delay in rewards make me wonder if something is up or maybe the rewards are delayed further...

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10264353-ultimate-spend-bonus:-lorelei
  • arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    eirghan wrote: »
    Um so. It took me 24 hours to get my spend rewards. Which isnt really a problem but am i wrong when i assume that i should get tier one rewards when i spend tier one amount of gold, then at tier two i get tier one AND two rewards? Ex: by 250 gold you should recieve 3x ocean orbs.

Thats what i understood from the advertising but i only recieved one copy of each prize. The delay in rewards make me wonder if something is up or maybe the rewards are delayed further...

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10264353-ultimate-spend-bonus:-lorelei

250 get you only 1 ocean, 1 ocean cost 110 Gold

@kalystconquerer so the sale just started after maintenance is the black Friday sale ? or are we going to get a flash sale on Friday ?

because if this is the black Friday sale then this is too funny you guys putting the normal sale price, thats not a price for black Friday

• dregenfox
    O.O Charge and spend rewards...on top of another spend reward. And orbs on top. It's a holiday miracle!

@eirghan - you can only earn each reward tier once per character, afaik. You can still redeem rewards on another character - the items will be bound, but it's possible to make use of the orbs through an account stash. So I was technically able to get 3 items to +11 on the last spend reward, but it required transferring gold through AH and then using the account stash on different characters, spending 250 gold each.

It does mean you won't get any bonus for spending over 250 gold though, since all reward tiers are character-specific.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    @arcangel786 Some prices have been adjusted down from their usual sale price (like the Medal's of Glory) and the duration of some items are much longer than would be normally acceptable (Orbs). Where you'll see the power in spending is through the promos and the double (and even sometimes triple!) dipping you can achieve if you track the Flash Promos, the Charge Rewards and the Ultimate Spend based on which days you're charging.

You could say we had to get a bit creative to do things that aren't contained in game. So check out the Charge Promo, the Black Friday Flash Promos and the ongoing Lorelei Ultimate Spend Promo to get a good gauge on all our Black Friday offerings!
  • dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    @arcangel786 Some prices have been adjusted down from their usual sale price (like the Medal's of Glory) and the duration of some items are much longer than would be normally acceptable (Orbs). Where you'll see the power in spending is through the promos and the double (and even sometimes triple!) dipping you can achieve if you track the Flash Promos, the Charge Rewards and the Ultimate Spend based on which days you're charging.

You could say we had to get a bit creative to do things that aren't contained in game. So check out the Charge Promo, the Black Friday Flash Promos and the ongoing Lorelei Ultimate Spend Promo to get a good gauge on all our Black Friday offerings!

I don't see any orbs in charge rewards. The rewards only started today, were all 300 orbs already redeemed? All I see are JoSD and Deity code.

If so then that's rather disappointing, there wasn't even enough time to get off work to take advatnage of the orb rewards :cry:
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @dregenfox I'm not in office today, so I'm not actively tracking the quantity of redeemed items. I could have sworn there was something special about the times to redeem the orbs- ah yes!
    Starting 11/23, seven special items will be made available to you at limited quantities. When the quantities are exhausted, the item will be disappear, and the next special item in queue will replace it. Keep on reading for the full item list!

It's a buried reward set with the Charge rewards - as items fall out, the next one should replace it. Right now IG is in, so when that exhausts the next one should be Primordial Bloods and so forth until it hits the orbs.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    @dregenfox I'm not in office today, so I'm not actively tracking the quantity of redeemed items. I could have sworn there was something special about the times to redeem the orbs- ah yes!
    Starting 11/23, seven special items will be made available to you at limited quantities. When the quantities are exhausted, the item will be disappear, and the next special item in queue will replace it. Keep on reading for the full item list!

It's a buried reward set with the Charge rewards - as items fall out, the next one should replace it. Right now IG is in, so when that exhausts the next one should be Primordial Bloods and so forth until it hits the orbs.

I 99% doubt anyone would use reward points to buy IGs. The Ocean orbs wont even make it onto the page as no one will buy the items before them.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User

lol ok. thanks

• dregenfox

Yeah like valdisman said, there's almost a zero chance anyone is going to pay 20 gold of charge points to get 3 ironguard powders worth at most 150k (not even 2 cents...).

I hope it's going to be time-based rather than charge based or else that whole list is just a gigantic troll attempt :disappointed: .
  • po210
    po210 Posts: 39 Arc User
    can someone plz charge 40k gold and take all the useless thing to allow others to go right to orb ocean tks.

Meow!
  • dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    po210 wrote: »
    can someone plz charge 40k gold and take all the useless thing to allow others to go right to orb ocean tks.

Meow!

Great idea!! You go first. Thanks!
  • po210
    po210 Posts: 39 Arc User
    NU!
  • eirghan
    edited November 2016
    I would really appreciate pwi making the spend rewards clearer then.... Saying you get this prize at 1 tier and this prize PLUS previous tiers prizes at 2nd tier makes it seem like you get the prizes however nany tiers you meet (at tier ten x10 tier 1 prize)

Well now i know. Wont spend that much for one orb in the future =_=; why dont they just say you get x at tier 1 and x at tier 2, and you can only earn each tier once? =_=;;; purposely misleading?
  • keihan007#7641
    eirghan wrote: »
    I would really appreciate pwi making the spend rewards clearer then.... Saying you get this prize at 1 tier and this prize PLUS previous tiers prizes at 2nd tier makes it seem like you get the prizes however nany tiers you meet (at tier ten x10 tier 1 prize)

Well now i know. Wont spend that much for one orb in the future =_=; why dont they just say you get x at tier 1 and x at tier 2, and you can only earn each tier once? =_=;;; purposely misleading?
    "If the tier system is a little confusing, here’s an example of how it works:

If you spend 110 gold and qualify for Tier 4, you will receive a Profundity Scroll III Ticket, War Avatar Pack: A, War Avatar Pack: S, and a Dragon Orb Ocean Ticket.
    If you spend another 40 gold, you will receive the Tier 5 prize."

Seems pretty clear to me personally. And really, this is how ultimate spend rewards have always worked. We havent had repeatable spend promos in a while either.