Kalyst Official Introduction Post!

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
I know a few of you have been wondering who this mysterious person is suddenly posting around, so here I am in an Official Introduction Post!

Who are you?
I am a Senior QA Tester for PWI. I also do some backend stuff for the game!

How long have you been working at PWE?
Since April of this year! So I'm relatively new around the company! But I'm not new to the PWI game/franchise as a whole!

Do you play PWI?
Yes! Not as much as I'd like to - this is probably why me and Ars get along so well.

Where is Ars anyways?
Wait, I thought this was about me. In all seriousness, she is finishing up moving into her new place and will get in touch with me when she's done and settled in.

So how long have you been playing PWI?
About as long as Ars has /inb4conspiracytheory. So I've been around for quite awhile. I wouldn't say I know everything about the game, but I have a generally good beat on what's happening.

What class do you play?
I love playing support classes, so Clerics and Mystics are my main beats! I dabble in other classes though, with Venomancers coming in a close second to my main classes of choice.

Do you still play on Live?
Yes but I wouldn't tell you what my main is. Sorry, I like being able to play without getting bluewalled. Also, don't you know? It's against the rules to impersonate a PWI employee ;)

What other games do you play?
Hey now, we breaking forums rules? *shifty eyes* Well I'm a pretty avid Pokemon fan, been playing since it came out in the US. My first Pokemon game was the original Red version. I play all the main series games, a few of the spin offs and also play the TCG. I used to play Pokemon semi competitively, but now I just collect cards. I also love playing Puzzle and Dragons as well and lead Ace Bastet, Summer Myr and Awoken Liu Bei for farming dungeons. If you want to add me for any games, let me know and I can open up a PM thread for you! /shameless plugs

I also own a PS4 (Got it for free from a Cristmas party when I was working at Sony) a Wii U, 3DS, and Wii. I love me my JRPG's as well- the Tales of is a guilty pleasure of mine. I will always and forever say that Yakuza 5 has been one of the best games I've ever seen/played/tested.

Anything else?
NO I'm not Miss Domino, but I have appeared on Official Streams before alongside him. No more lonely chair!

That should be all the relevant stuff! Feel free to ask me anything else you want to know about me! I may or maynot answer certain things though :P

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    Welcome!

So you play on the Etherblade live server?

As before anything I can help with let me know.

Thanks.​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Hi and welcome to the forums!
    I'm very happy to hear you love Venomancers and Pokemon!fox-12.gif
    ​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @heero200 Did I mention it on streams before? I feel like I have, because I don't remember designating a server in any of my posts on here. Whoops, I did forget to post my server but yes, Etherblade server! It's also a bit of a giveaway when I talk to some people on the server on a GM character and are familiar with the users there more than other servers. It does look like unintentional bias, but I like the players across all servers and want to get to know them!

And thanks again for everything you do, the DST server thread you did was particularly helpful!

@catgirldesu *waves* Hello and yeah! I'm one of those people attached to the HA build even if in this meta it's nothing more than, at best, a surprise for the first 5 seconds. I'll admit I have a HA Veno and a regular AA Veno ;O Also all of the Pokemon! Will you be picking up Sun and Moon?
  • catgirldesu
    edited November 2016

@catgirldesu *waves* Hello and yeah! I'm one of those people attached to the HA build even if in this meta it's nothing more than, at best, a surprise for the first 5 seconds. I'll admit I have a HA Veno and a regular AA Veno ;O Also all of the Pokemon! Will you be picking up Sun and Moon?

Hehe, I used to have an alt HA Venomancers as well. It was really fun but what can I say... I'm really the magic/ranged type of person. monkey-2.gif
    I'm definitely going to play the new Pokemon game; I'll be picking up Moon! Though I'm in Europe so I have to wait until next week. monkey-44.gif
    ​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Pokemon Moon ftw. Thankfully I have a friend to send me an Alolan Vulpix from Sun tho.

Which starter are you guys going for? egg-10.gif​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @catgirldesu Gotta avoid all those spoilers online! D: I know some newsites are hiding games plot stuff in Spoiler tags so EU players don't have to see it but Youtube's gonna be a dangerous place for a week. Stay strong!

@chary Woo Moon buddies! I have someone who's picking up Sun so version exclusives won't be an issue.

Me? Cheeto Tiger aka Litten. I'm so glad they made Litten Fire/Dark, I would've made all of the angry faces if he was Fire/FIghting. But I'm so torn too because the owl looks cool, and I think the water starter has overall better base stats and typing. But we shall see >:D
  • chary
    Popplio was my least favorite of the starters when it came out, but Primarina is amazing so I think I'm going to be going with the water starter this time. idk. Haven't quite decided. I still do like Rowlet.

I'm so disappointed in Litten's evo though. ):​​
  • catgirldesu
    I'll be picking Rowlet, but Popplio has grown on me and it does have a pretty neat evolution line. I'll eventually use all three so it's just a matter of who goes first. monkey-2.gif

And yeah... going to have to avoid the internet for a few days. fox-2.gif
    ​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    My breaks and lunchtimes will be consumed by this game and I'm not even sorry...
  • heerohex#3018
    I was an orignal Red player as well. You can tell my age from that as well.
    I have a claim to Fame as well. As Im sure a few people do. I managed to beat NOM at an event.

Not that I am aware of.

If you played on all servers you would not get anywhere so you have to stick to one or two at a push.

Thank you for the Thank You. The game is important to me so I Try to keep everyone comfortable.

Also Is Domino going to be AFG Away From Game for long? Domino was a good person got the right results. Just sometimes the community just wants someone to say "Hi we are here how are you all doing"

So my Thanks for your work on here!

Heero.​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User

I also own a PS4 (Got it for free from a Cristmas party when I was working at Sony) a Wii U, 3DS, and Wii. I love me my JRPG's as well- the Tales of is a guilty pleasure of mine. I will always and forever say that Yakuza 5 has been one of the best games I've ever seen/played/tested.
    So I can not help but wonder; why did you decide to go work for PWE...
    I mean... wat.

Other than that, good taste, I like weebjunk games too and I like the tales of series.

You happen to go play Final Fantasy XV?

Pokemon I am not too big a fan of, but I played all of the games so far.
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Anyone and their mom are going to play FFXV including me xD I even reserved a week of vacation just for that game.

PS: Anyone that hasn't done that yet I highly recommend watching the King's Glaive movie. It's alot better than I had ever anticipated.

Any sort of jrpg is desirable..but esp the FF and SMT (Shin Megami Tensei) series.

Also, I have played Red even 3 days before it came out cause of connections and stuffz and I loved it. However, when I lend my best friend all my pokemon games cause I didnt really pay attention and he thought it would be a good idea to restart EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM (Red, blue, yellow, gold, silver and crystal) I didnt even bother doing it all again. Since then I am a bit out of touch with Pokemon :(

Hope you enjoy your time with us and that you dont abandon us like the ones before you...seeing that you are a player yourself I can only assume that you know what I am talking about. We need YOU!
  • weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Alright I'll give ya that shin megami tensei nocturne is the best , they really need to bring back the hitoshura.

I do have nearly ever single game for every single entry in the series from every system, Atlus makes great games even if they are hard to find , the Persona series are great too.
    Vae Victis.
  • chary
    edited November 2016
    FFXV looks like a hot mess, tbh. Like, it literally looks like two different games depending on the trailer you watch. Pretty much a "buy used when it's $10" sort of game for me.​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @dblaze1 For me in the Bay Area, PWE was up in my Top 10 companies I wanted to work for coming out of college and remained high on my list.

The people who work here are amazing and we do have alot of team building and community events. We have NDA's on specific perks and whatnot, but the work culture is generally enjoyable. Of course, nothing is perfect and missteps do happen (communication breakdowns or things don't get announced in proper order or things get set on fire to the max). My department is pretty cool and pretty tight knit. It does take some time learning the ins and outs of communicating with our parent company, but I enjoy it.

If you were that curious about why I'm not at Sony anymore, I can always hit up PM's about it. Wouldn't want to bore everyone with details XD

We have a chat channel set up for FFXV at work I am super tempted to join it...

@jsxshadow Unless I'm sicker than a dog to the point where I can't post for a few days, or they sack me, I doubt I'm really going anywhere. Plus if I've been around the game for so long, should mean something right? ;D

Dirty secret? I was pretty much a non-CS player up until I got hired, barring small charges here and there (I think the one or two purchases that stick out in my mind was 50 bucks for a Purgatory Lion Lord and maybe 20 bucks for some fashion).

Also, oh BOO to that! I'd be pretty pissed if someone restarted all my games because I have one copy that's a living dex in-box (think it was my Ruby Version?). With Bank now though, I'm wondering if they'll start limiting how many 'Mons you can have game-side.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Hooold the phone. HA veno? Hi nice to meet you fox-8.gif

I hope PWE treats you good you look pretty earnest and active fox-24.gif I'm also looking at you china fox-24.gif
    ​​
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Nice to see another fellow mystic main :smile: There's so few actual mystic players active on forums except for capnk and eoria.

I believe we've met in game. I was on my seeker during the Anni GM pinata event, just standing there innocently trying to pick up random loots, and you nuked me in the face for 97289192912342 damage.

• therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    PS: Anyone that hasn't done that yet I highly recommend watching the King's Glaive movie. It's alot better than I had ever anticipated.

+1 joe
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • heerohex#3018
    dregenfox wrote: »
    Nice to see another fellow mystic main :smile: There's so few actual mystic players active on forums except for capnk and eoria.

I believe we've met in game. I was on my seeker during the Anni GM pinata event, just standing there innocently trying to pick up random loots, and you nuked me in the face for 97289192912342 damage.

all I can say to that is OUCH!​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    dregenfox wrote: »

Hmm? What? *innocent face* I don't know what you're talking about *whistles*
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    LOL, that sounds like something I would do.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Who are you?
    I am a Senior QA Tester for PWI. I also do some backend stuff for the game!
    Real tester?! Really playing PWI?! Finally?? Unbelievable!!! monkey-47.gif*looks with hope*​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • dblazen1
    @dblaze1
    If you were that curious about why I'm not at Sony anymore, I can always hit up PM's about it. Wouldn't want to bore everyone with details XD

Color me intrigued, hit me up with that PM, i'm curious.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    It's so good to see pwi finally deciding it was time to actually talk with the community rather than sending out post news that were sometimes wrong (you, Domino and a few others before you). We were left on our own for years, and as a community, we grew angry and frustrated.

Yeah, it's good to see things have changed.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    @dblaze1

Apparently my permissions aren't set to that - see if you can hit me up? Gosh, Vanilla sometimes...

@ailiadrake Newsposts can have errors in the future, not saying they'll ever be free of them. But if something goes wrong and I've got a solid correction for it, I'll put it up for people. Keep in mind that though I am pretty talkative, there will be some things I can't answer for but I'll explain why I can't at the very least.
  • dblazen1
    @dblaze1

Apparently my permissions aren't set to that - see if you can hit me up? Gosh, Vanilla sometimes...

@ailiadrake Newsposts can have errors in the future, not saying they'll ever be free of them. But if something goes wrong and I've got a solid correction for it, I'll put it up for people. Keep in mind that though I am pretty talkative, there will be some things I can't answer for but I'll explain why I can't at the very least.

Ah I can't, think it's because PWE set it up so that users can't PM. So I can't PM at all.
    @sylenthunder help?
    Jws3dXe.gif

• ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer
    Not saying that the news post should be free of errors. Errors are human things, and we're all humans. What I'm saying is that in the past the community was left to stew on its own, and only mods and your random capable forum user did try to sort things out. There were no words from any GM/CM/WhateverInPower and that got us very angry and frustrated.
    There wasn't even a "we know and we're trying to fix, but we can't say much because of reasons".
    It was like the dark ages.
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer
    Nice to see a friendly face pop up who wants to be involved in the community! A very big warm welcome (Even if we have probably run into each other on Etherblade :smiley: )

Im intrigued, do you shiny hunt on the Pokemon games? Its been like my favourite thing to do ever since Chaining was introduced :blush:
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited November 2016
    @dblaze1

Ah I can't, think it's because PWE set it up so that users can't PM. So I can't PM at all.
    @sylenthunder help?

Use Arc mail. Kaly would need to either set it like mine so anyone can message her, or you can add her as a friend if it's restricted as the default.
    I think myself, and only about 3 other people have the ability to still use the forum mail here without giving infractions.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    @ailiadrake I took a trip down memory lane for old times' sake and man, scary times.

@eternalghost I probably have at one point or another!

I used to do the chaining for shinies in Diamond and Pearl because I wanted a Pink Shiny team (my friend had built an all blue team) I'd stay up for hours building 300+ Pokemon chains. What I haven't been able to do successfully was breed Shinys. I guess even though I had the patience to farm in PWI and the patience to chain, I just couldn't muster the patience to hatch hundreds and thousands of eggs.

@sylenthunder I seriously need to poke someone to see if I can get the cool permissions you have in the forum messaging department. Seems sort of counter-intuitive to not have that as a default.