Skill Glyph System in the next expansion

Options

Comments

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »
    freygin wrote: »
    As long as the publisher still operates, I bet PWI will get this stuff 100%. It's very unlikely a game of the same title gets different development because of different regions, maybe minor stuffs, totally different update path is next to impossible. Like it or not, this update will reach PWI.

With this update, seems like every class will be OP, sin and some other classes are already op so nothing to lose for me, when everyone is op then noone is.

As PvP arena seems xserver, I am very afraid we wont get it completely at its prime,.though it should not have any issues with different time zones as you can do it whenever you want. But other than the tourney from Thursday we need for our g17 weps, we have gotten basically all PWCN content and its only logical we get the next update too.

They also never put in the tank battles pvp instance (sunset valley?). Anything x-server related hasn't worked in PWI basically.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    They'll either have to make the PvP arena work, or they will have to give us a way to farm the skill books and the G17 capes/rings. As far as I've seen, you farm those through the arena. They'll probably just make the arena like our NW.
    ​​
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »
    They also never put in the tank battles pvp instance (sunset valley?). Anything x-server related hasn't worked in PWI basically.

We had the tank battles for a few months. Not too heavily attended because the rewards were **** though.
  • dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    Options
    They'll either have to make the PvP arena work, or they will have to give us a way to farm the skill books and the G17 capes/rings. As far as I've seen, you farm those through the arena. They'll probably just make the arena like our NW.
    ​​

I think the far more likelier option is that they don't implement the PvP arena, but also not implement an alternative way to obtain the skill books or equips.

PWI China doesn't really develop custom content for us anymore, so if x-server events don't work we're just SOL.

I think that's still a good outcome though. Probably better we don't get them so sins will actually retain some semblance of balance.

• samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    Options
    New update they are lowering the difficulty of the ridiculously hard Dawn temple, the new instance.

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20161115/77932.shtml

@asterelle :

"repair some of the skills and the actual results do not match the description of the problem."

It seems they are changing a few skills description, because the description and effect did not match.

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I went through a diff of the latest update on PWCN and these are the changes that were made. Mostly minor stuff. Also I'm not quite sure what that Venomancer Rune 5 stuff is all about. Venusarmani seems unsure too.

Heaven's Flame Rune 4: Duration increased from 6s to 8s
    Blade Tempest: Fixed Damage increase from 200 to 6200
    Redstone Venomworm Rune 5: Sustained damage changed to Fire Damage. (You should take another look at the main description of this one as it has different stats than base)
    Noxious Gas Rune 5: Sustained damage changed to Metal Damage
    Lucky Scarab Rune 5: Sustained daamge changed to Earth Damage
    Purge Rune 5: 50/60/70/80% increased to 70/80/90/100%
    Amplify Damage Rune 4: Duration decreased from 26s to 16s (this is the amp with +50% damage)
    Amplify Damage Rune 5: 50/60/70/80% increased to 70/80/90/100%
    Soul Degeneration: HP recovery rate reduced to 0
    Soul Degeneration Rune 5: 50/60/70/80% increased to 70/80/90/100%
    Spell Cutter Rune 5: Added damage increased from 810/1210/1610/2020 to 810/1215/1610/2025
    Lightning Strike: 100% chance to hit.
    Aim Low Rune 5: Seal duration increased 2.5/3.25/4.0/4.75 to 2.5/3.3/4.0/4.8
    Stunning Arrow: No more 10% increased chance to crit (base version now just worse than sage?)
    Violet Dance Rune 4/5: Cooldown changed from 1s to 15s (was a typo?)
    Ice Bullet Rune 2: Chi increased from 10/15/20/25 to 15/20/25/30
    Lunar Surge Rune 3: 2T 1I charges changed to 1T 2I charges

You can see full diff here: https://www.diffchecker.com/6zmosWh4 (big page)
    ​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I'll take a further look at the Venomancer stuff.
    Edit: Revised the skills with the changes.
    ​​
    Post edited by catgirldesu on
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    Options
    Violet Dance was
    Rune 4- Channeling time reduced to 1s (level 1-4), 0.7s (level 5-7), 0.4s (level 8-9), 0.1s (level 10).
    Rune 5- Support-oriented VD. Lacks the matk bonuses of normal VD. Channeling time of 0.5s, cast time of 1s, and cooldown of 1s.

Violet Dance change : Rune 4/5: Cooldown changed from 1s to 15s (was a typo?)

Final
    Rune 4- Channeling time reduced to 1s (level 1-4), 0.7s (level 5-7), 0.4s (level 8-9), 0.1s (level 10). + cooldown still 15s ?
    Rune 5- Support-oriented VD. Lacks the matk bonuses of normal VD. Channeling time of 0.5s, cast time of 1s, and cooldown of 15s.

Imo cooldown is the huge drawback to this skill than channeling time, if rune 4 and 5 are still 15s then it's really not that useful. Seems like Rune 5 doesn't fit if it's support oriented VD with reduced matk bonuses.

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    B) made changes to seeker thread.

Jk. No changes. Maybe it's a good thing
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    asterelle wrote: »

​​

Yes it was a typo, I noticed that when translating them on my own when they first came out. All runes have 15 seconds base cooldown, rune 5 reduces the cooldown to 1.5s but comes with the before mentioned drawbacks. Rune 4 and 5 incorrectly stated 1 second cooldown base and that was obviously a typo.

Thanks,

• mymbarb
    mymbarb Posts: 60 Arc User
    Options
    I went through a diff of the latest update on PWCN and these are the changes that were made. Mostly minor stuff. Also I'm not quite sure what that Venomancer Rune 5 stuff is all about. Venusarmani seems unsure too.

Heaven's Flame Rune 4: Duration increased from 6s to 8s
    Blade Tempest: Fixed Damage increase from 200 to 6200
    Redstone Venomworm Rune 5: Sustained damage changed to Fire Damage. (You should take another look at the main description of this one as it has different stats than base)
    Noxious Gas Rune 5: Sustained damage changed to Metal Damage
    Lucky Scarab Rune 5: Sustained daamge changed to Earth Damage
    Purge Rune 5: 50/60/70/80% increased to 70/80/90/100%
    Amplify Damage Rune 4: Duration decreased from 26s to 16s (this is the amp with +50% damage)
    Amplify Damage Rune 5: 50/60/70/80% increased to 70/80/90/100%
    Soul Degeneration: HP recovery rate reduced to 0
    Soul Degeneration Rune 5: 50/60/70/80% increased to 70/80/90/100%
    Spell Cutter Rune 5: Added damage increased from 810/1210/1610/2020 to 810/1215/1610/2025
    Lightning Strike: 100% chance to hit.
    Aim Low Rune 5: Seal duration increased 2.5/3.25/4.0/4.75 to 2.5/3.3/4.0/4.8
    Stunning Arrow: No more 10% increased chance to crit (base version now just worse than sage?)
    Ice Bullet Rune 2: Chi increased from 10/15/20/25 to 15/20/25/30
    Lunar Surge Rune 3: 2T 1I charges changed to 1T 2I charges

You can see full diff here: https://www.diffchecker.com/6zmosWh4 (big page)​​

Checking through the changes, I found some you might have missed:

Soulburn Rune 2: The next skill used by the enemy within 4/6/8/10 seconds has its cooldown extended by 1 minute. (added the "next skill" part)
    Soul Degeneration Rune 4: Reduces players HP by the increased amount. Mobs stay at 20% reduction. (added the "players" part)

As for the veno Rune 5 skills, I'm certain now that they work how I wrote earlier in the thread.

All damage (Rune 5 skill) becomes a DoT that can stack up to 10 times and leveling the rune inflicts 20/30/40/50% of the DoT damage instantly and the rest over time still (with 2x critical rate chance to deal 1.5x damage per tick).

So veno gets all elements of damage also:
    Venomous Scarab Rune 5 = wood DoT
    Redstone Venomworm Rune 5 = fire DoT
    Noxious Gas Rune 5 = metal DoT
    Lucky Scarab Rune 5 = earth DoT
    (Frost Scarab stays as it is but is a weak water DoT)
  • freygin
    Options
    Damn, soulburn with that kind of effect is op, 10 seconds without being able to do anything, cast any skill will lose the skill for 1 minute and get hurt by soulburn.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Damn, soulburn with that kind of effect is op, 10 seconds without being able to do anything, cast any skill will lose the skill for 1 minute and get hurt by soulburn.

Shouldn't be a big problem. I mostly use 1 spark for CD increasing skills.

@asterelle thank god Lightning Strike is 100% hit chance. Puh...was worried about that. It's actually good that they have removed the crit gain from Stunning arrow cause Quickshot makes it kinda useless esp since crit buffs do not stack. Is there nothing about Stunning being 100% stun chance just like Aim Low? Lately I am literally planting my head on my keyboard when Stunning Arrow fails in critical situations several times in a row...that stuff is discouraging.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options
    @mymbarb I saw those but thought they were grammar fixes. The soul degen HP debuff being player only I didn't pick up on though. I hope sharptooth gets that treatment someday.

@jsxshadow Yeah base version of Stun Arrow is 100% 4s stun.
    ​​
  • jsxshadow
    Options

@jsxshadow Yeah base version of Stun Arrow is 100% 4s stun.
    ​​

Oh my, oh my, oh my. Hot damn. That's awesome. CN makes PWI great again (well cept for sins ofc). Now I can't wait for the new update. At the latest with that update archer will be ultra-competitive in all aspects of the game again. Neat.

(Seriously getting no stun/freeze several times in a row is the only real point where I could understand the frustration of some archer players..whoever thought it was a great idea to set it at 90% chance should be fired xD)
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    (Seriously getting no stun/freeze several times in a row is the only real point where I could understand the frustration of some archer players..whoever thought it was a great idea to set it at 90% chance should be fired xD)
    Eh, Aim low has always been bit meh but stunning arrow was fine back in good old days. Ranged stun that cost no chi with relatively short CD, yea, it was fine. Then they came out with all the things that broke the game and as archers got none of those, class became pretty lackluster.

Ps. Would have to see how the next expansion pans out but I do agree archers are getting a lot more viable. We still miss damage to drop true endgame players solo like some other classes but thats something I can live with.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • eirghan
    Options
    Hey its a tad rough over here in seeker land too guys. But i really hope the g17 effect plays out for archers. I seriously think that with skills will make archers great.

Its boring to have everyone be a sin/duskblade anyway B)
  • jsxshadow
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Well, I just played around a little and I gotta say...

http://mypers.pw/10/#479190

That stuff is scary indeed. Looking at those raw numbers (and there are rumors that there are actually some chars in PWCN that are geared like this cept maybe for 2 G17.5 weapons) it's kinda understandable that Archer didnt get that much attention yet. Imagine someone having that gear when the majority still runs around with r8r gears...oh god please stop this G17 madness :( A full deity/devil stone char can still get soo many Def lvl...crazy. Just crazy. Besides, an Archer with that gears + GoF...well...that should hurt :)

PS: If you didnt realize...this is kinda satire. It impresses me what is theoretically possible..but it scares me for the most part since it will further imbalance the game and we DO HAVE PEOPLE that would spend enough money to get this stuff or at least close to that. Full offensive shards here or there...doesnt matter. Fully buffed that char would not die easily, esp with the 80 def weap if you dont purge + disarm or debuff.
    eirghan wrote: »
    Hey its a tad rough over here in seeker land too guys. But i really hope the g17 effect plays out for archers. I seriously think that with skills will make archers great.

Its boring to have everyone be a sin/duskblade anyway B)

I think seeker are very fine now. The update really made them kinda OP. The damage possibilities are just crazy...slap an Occult genie on a seeker and bait the enemy with Occult and SS and you can literally walk over them with ulti + Trip spark right after and you won't even need further debuffs to finish off the enemy easily (ofc with full josd or more def lvl built but even with full vit SS is just crazy).

The reason why the majority of seeker have troubles is because they get stuck with their SS debuff way too often. I see so many people panic AD/Faithing when a seeker even just used SS without QPQ. If you hold on to it, chain a stun after Faith/AD is gone and apply the debuff then...just a few hits could end every fight even tho SS won't last that long anymore. Seekers potential got absolutely pumped during the latest update. Especially with maximum def level SS got soo strong that you literally have to use genie to stay alive when a seeker tries to apply it to you via QPQ. That is if the seeker doesnt use the very predicatble Ion-Spike combo cause HoS. Even on melee targets the physical skills deal loads of damage after SS+QPQ unless they miss ofc. Which is a major disadvantage of Seeker and it will most likely stay that way. However..with the possibility of such massive debuffs..a Seeker can easily roll 300 dex+ and add Golden Soulgems to the weapon to increase the accuracy and would still be able to Oneshot selfbuffed targets with a zerkcrit after SS+QPQ. 4k Accu vs LA classes will get you nowhere tho :D
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Well, I just played around a little and I gotta say...

http://mypers.pw/10/#479190

That stuff is scary indeed. Looking at those raw numbers (and there are rumors that there are actually some chars in PWCN that are geared like this cept maybe for 2 G17.5 weapons) it's kinda understandable that Archer didnt get that much attention yet. Imagine someone having that gear when the majority still runs around with r8r gears...oh god please stop this G17 madness :( A full deity/devil stone char can still get soo many Def lvl...crazy. Just crazy. Besides, an Archer with that gears + GoF...well...that should hurt :)

PS: If you didnt realize...this is kinda satire. It impresses me what is theoretically possible..but it scares me for the most part since it will further imbalance the game and we DO HAVE PEOPLE that would spend enough money to get this stuff or at least close to that. Full offensive shards here or there...doesnt matter. Fully buffed that char would not die easily, esp with the 80 def weap if you dont purge + disarm or debuff.

I dont think RA2 is realistic for anybody but super massive CSers - I know I wont get that far. My build, which will hopefully be mostly ready by next summer(Or whenever our next NP cycle ends) looks like this: http://mypers.pw/9/#479206

I missed Astrid and I expect to RA1 every card but that for said reason. I actually have that star chart, though its only aptitude 15 and lvl 45, which I will farm from minion battles, dailies, jfsp and heavenfun tower to 50 by summer. I have the wealth to finish shards and aptitude after I am done spend promoing NP cards. I am missing a CoM but at this rate the prices have been dropping quite a bit and I can "always" just get xTW helm from internal auction being in Karma, I dont expect to pay more than 1,5b.

This wont be some ultimate Archer build, I know there are better geared players already but I feel its disgusting enough from opponents perspective. Only thing will be to be patient enough to make sure I dont drain myself too far with my upgrades when time comes as G17 will be widespread at some point and I need to get into that too. Maybe I should start farming again but everything is so disgustingly cheap it feels like such effort for so little.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Just out curiousity, why would u want a defense bow + attack level stones... Isnt that unreasonably weak to disarm, since it eliminates your 80 defense level AND your attack level stones (cuz u cant attack when disarmed). Wouldnt you just want defense level stones and an attack level bow, because then when you get disarmed your defense level stones still work. Disarm is very common these days, using attack level shards + defense level weapon just doesnt make sense to me in an actual combat scenario.

If you, change your bow to an Attack level bow, and swap the shards in your Armor+Cape+Helmet (72 attack level) to Defense level, and then swap the 4 shards in your necklace to defense level as well (8 attack level) you'll be left with the EXACT same stats as your pwcalc, cept when you get disarmed you'll still have useful defense level, where in your pwcalc you wont. The stats are identical, cept in practice the build is way more effective.
  • dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Just out curiousity, why would u want a defense bow + attack level stones... Isnt that unreasonably weak to disarm, since it eliminates your 80 defense level AND your attack level stones (cuz u cant attack when disarmed). Wouldnt you just want defense level stones and an attack level bow, because then when you get disarmed your defense level stones still work. Disarm is very common these days, using attack level shards + defense level weapon just doesnt make sense to me in an actual combat scenario.

If you, change your bow to an Attack level bow, and swap the shards in your Armor+Cape+Helmet (72 attack level) to Defense level, and then swap the 4 shards in your necklace to defense level as well (8 attack level) you'll be left with the EXACT same stats as your pwcalc, cept when you get disarmed you'll still have useful defense level, where in your pwcalc you wont. The stats are identical, cept in practice the build is way more effective.

His build is NP RB2 + devil stones, he has a +80 attk lvl wep in inventory as well.

...Then again he does only have +10 armors. Maybe his mortgage funds finally ran out.
  • eirghan
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @jsxshadow sorry, your pov is 1v1 and i play almost exclusively mass pvp. Pretty different beasts
  • dingo488
    Options
    @jsxshadow sorry, your pov is 1v1 and i play almost exclusively mass pvp. Pretty different beasts

Ye I think seeker rely too much on their kill combos to empower their other skills, the cooldowns are too long for them to be efficient in mass PvP I think... I dont rly like seeker eithers, havent for a long time, they need reduction on their cooldowns
  • eirghan
    edited November 2016
    Options

Ye I think seeker rely too much on their kill combos to empower their other skills, the cooldowns are too long for them to be efficient in mass PvP I think... I dont rly like seeker eithers, havent for a long time, they need reduction on their cooldowns

Yeah... 1v1 is a non-issue. If you can cheese your debuffs and time your cooldowns its fine.

Mass though... I feel a kind of kinship with archers, though they might take it as an offense. I just feel a lot of the time we play like support DPS while missing valuable buffs or debuffs (our best debuff is single target and short, our best buff is 3% defense level increase of average endgame -will be worse after passives- keep in mind barb is 30%+ HP). And our best damage depends on combining triple spark which personally I NEVER HAVE 3 SPARKS. EVER.

That's why wizards and purify classes are in a good spot for mass PVP in my opinion. An escape will save you 95% of the time while being tanky is just... well, after genie is gone you're a sitting duck hoping your squad can kill them before 1 more person focuses you. Theres a reason I decided to play veno fox-5.gif

Also stupid BMs and your disarm roar. monkey-14.gif

That said our transposition was really moving in the right direction giving us our "own" class escape. I feel pretty decent about the skill update, but then I think everyone is excited for more diversity.
    ​​
  • freygin
    Options

Shouldn't be a big problem. I mostly use 1 spark for CD increasing skills.

Ah I see, I thought it's like belle leun's cd increasing skill, so it's only for ONE skill, no worries then. Thanks for pointing that out. Next skill as in the next skill after soulburn I suppose.
  • dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    Options

Yeah... 1v1 is a non-issue. If you can cheese your debuffs and time your cooldowns its fine.

Mass though... I feel a kind of kinship with archers, though they might take it as an offense. I just feel a lot of the time we play like support DPS as well while still missing valuable buffs or debuffs that other support classes have (our best debuff is single target and lasts about 15 seconds, our best buff is about 3% defense level increase of average endgame -will be worse after passives- vs for example a 30% hp buff from a barb). And our best damage depends on combining triple spark which, what seeker hasn't already spent their sparks on stunning a huge group of people?

That's why wizards and purify classes are in a good spot for mass PVP in my opinion. An escape will save you 95% of the time while being tanky is just... being a sitting duck hoping your squad can kill them before 1 more person focuses you. Theres a reason I decided to play veno :)

Also stupid BMs and your disarm roar. monkey-14.gif

That said our transposition was moving in the right direction. I feel pretty decent about the skill update, but then I think everyone is excited for more diversity.
    ​​

Gotta agree with you there. Seems like both earthguard classes were designed to just facetank everything, but the problem is that damage potential is so high in this game that tankiness doesn't mean much. On paper seekers should be extremely tanky, but in pvp they're often just soft punching bags.

I don't think mystics would actually be playable in the current meta without purify wep. We have a .5 s cast heal that heals 20k hp, and yet the best survival tactic in mass pvp is just to hold down W. It's 10x tougher for seekers.

A wizard with just basic garnet shards and +10 gear is still extremely slippery due to stealth-leaps. I really feel like root on FoW and stealth on distance shrink were some of the most underrated and underappreciated buffs in the last expansion. Oftentimes a wizard can just leap and the opponent will move on to another target.

People wonder why I spend so many resources to peel/protect clerics in pvp, and it's because once the cleric dies, I know I'm next :neutral: .

• dingo488
    Options

Mass though... I feel a kind of kinship with archers
    ​​

I think archers are rly good in mass PvP :open_mouth: always have been. Their QQ isnt justified at all v_v