Implement a way to farm bloods please

Options
dregenfox
dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
edited November 2016 in General Discussion
You need 270 barbaric bloods just for the newest levels of primal skills alone. At a rate of 1/day, people won't finish these skills until next summer. That's a ridiculous amount of time...there's a good chance a lot of people will still be farming for their passives at the next major expansion.

In addition the pressure to do every single daily just to not fall behind has decreased a lot of the activity in the game to just daily grinding instead of actually enjoying the game.

If possible please place a trade option in UCH to let us exhange for barbaric bloods. This would revitalize an old instance while also increasing the amount of viable endgame content.

Comments

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Hello!

We are currently working on ways to get Bloods into players hands though other means outside of in-game sources.

The idea of a sort of "exchange" for the more difficult bloods is definitely an interesting idea, I will contact the proper channels to see if this can be done. ArsPaulina has been a great source of getting this and other types of issues to our attention. I will be actively browsing the forums for feedback and suggestions, so please keep them coming!
  • igoplop
    igoplop Posts: 124 Arc User
    Options
    Hello!

We are currently working on ways to get Bloods into players hands though other means outside of in-game sources.

The idea of a sort of "exchange" for the more difficult bloods is definitely an interesting idea, I will contact the proper channels to see if this can be done. ArsPaulina has been a great source of getting this and other types of issues to our attention. I will be actively browsing the forums for feedback and suggestions, so please keep them coming!

There was this monkey event a few months back, where you'd summon a monkey pet and had to wait 10 minutes for the reward. You'd get to choose from an npc which particular reward you wanted. It seemed really useful and it was something that most people were doing. Wouldn't hurt for that event to maybe be running again for a while.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It's a relief to hear the GMs are at least aware of the Blood problem the players are currently facing. monkey-40.gif​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    @igoplop The Wukong Event would need to be run with the "Invite a Friend" campaign alongside it, so the Cloud Wonder redemption can be done. This would mean two events that would need to run concurrently, and of course would come with the usual testing to ensure these events run the proper timeframe. Definitely an event we would need to plan ahead for, but can be done.

I was told of an event that has an NPC called the Twilight Survivor that has you do a map quest a certain amounts of times a day? According to the PW database, this NPC also allows you to trade 5 Laborer's Insignias for a Barbaric Blood. He also seems to have a crafting service for Primordial Bloods. Does anyone remember this NPC and if so, was this a good reliable source of Bloods when you ran it?
  • igoplop
    igoplop Posts: 124 Arc User
    Options
    I remember that event, just don't exactly remember if it was more than once a day. It was good though, not that many events gave away barbaric blood. And about the Wukong event, it's true, would need to be run alongaside the "invite a friend" but last time it was implemented, they just sent a code with some invitation scrolls so the "invite a friend" wouldn't need to be active.

Either way, any event that actually helps with star chart, cards or bloods is always highly appreciated by the community.
  • dregenfox
    Options
    Twilight survivor event would definitely work, since it is a source of barbaric bloods.

A code with invitation scrolls like orinj gave out would work for vitae, we don't necessarily have to have the wukong event then if it's just a limited code. The cloud wonders were nice but those items are easily obtainable by other means.

Given a choice between those two though, I think barbaric bloods are in much higher demand than vitae, because even vitae can be farmed from sky pirate and boutique. So the main issue right now is the lack of bloods to buy passive skills.

• harajuku91
    harajuku91 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    GM, please implement more events into the game, last year we used to have tons of events frequently, this year we barely had 1 per 5 months.. the only thing u gave us is x2 which is not appealing at all, since it drops the prices (mats such as tt, eods, ws craftings) and we cannot farm anything apart from LONG, TIME CONSUMING TIRING dungeons such as WS TT OR LUNAR.

please activate events such as wokung, smoke over arch, and let them go ahead for a month, its boring just to play them for 1 week, most us work and got a life, and when we want to participate in those events they r either done or the period of duration ended.

make us want to play actively and enthusiastically. otherwise we getting bored.
  • dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    Options
    harajuku91 wrote: »
    GM, please implement more events into the game, last year we used to have tons of events frequently, this year we barely had 1 per 5 months.. the only thing u gave us is x2 which is not appealing at all, since it drops the prices (mats such as tt, eods, ws craftings) and we cannot farm anything apart from LONG, TIME CONSUMING TIRING dungeons such as WS TT OR LUNAR.

please activate events such as wokung, smoke over arch, and let them go ahead for a month, its boring just to play them for 1 week, most us work and got a life, and when we want to participate in those events they r either done or the period of duration ended.

makes us want to play actively and enthusiastically. otherwise we getting bored.

Lets try to stay on topic here. This thread is about the lack of bloods and what options we have to alleviate this problem.
  • agol12
    agol12 Posts: 15 Arc User
    Options
    craz1nf wrote: »
    just give us like 2 barbaric + 6 primordial a day for doing Flowsilver palace, or (3barbaric + 9 primordial) for doing Flowsilver palace judgement mode.

something like this.

OOOOR make nirvana bosses drop bloods :)
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Options
    dailies.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited November 2016
    Options
    You know I've always wanted Nirvana to have a purpose again, but that'd depend on CN to make those changes. In before it's all "party of sins" again in WC, ha! On a more serious note, there would probably need a new mode added or an exchange on forges done to make an excuse for Blood to drop from an older instance like that. For now though I only have Wukong and Twilight Survivor as events that reliable give Bloods or a way to manufacture them. Before I go digging around, was there any others I should be on the lookout for that were enjoyable events?

@harajuku91 Wukong is only meant to run during a short period of time, per the devs. We have run it once this year - we can probably bring it back next year however if the demand is high. Smoke over Archosaur is tied to an Anniversary event that was actually not meant to run more than once. They had increased the amount of redemptions from the Treasure Trove on the backend for the items, but they can not do so again, rendering the rewards from the event useless.

For the anniversary this year, we turned on Wraith Hunters for a whole month, which actually is a rarity and got lucky having that greenlit. Also, Scholarly Challenge was ran, and that is a manual spawn across all four servers. I understand those aren't particularly "wow" events, so I'll dig into the databases again and find more events that can be spawned in the future and have a calendar of more in-game events running. This calendar may or maynot be player-facing due to changes having to be made (feedback from CN, or limitations in code etc.) but rest assured, there is one being built in the background I'm excited to be implementing going forward!

• dregenfox
    edited November 2016
    Options
    You know I've always wanted Nirvana to have a purpose again, but that'd depend on CN to make those changes. In before it's all "party of sins" again in WC, ha! On a more serious note, there would probably need a new mode added or an exchange on forges done to make an excuse for Blood to drop from an older instance like that. For now though I only have Wukong and Twilight Survivor as events that reliable give Bloods or a way to manufacture them. Before I go digging around, was there any others I should be on the lookout for that were enjoyable events?

Wukong doesn't give any access to barbaric bloods, only star chart items/orbs/etc. Probably a moot point since you stated wukong won't be coming back for another year, but seems like our only hope is twilight survivor at the moment?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited November 2016
    Options
    That can't actually be the only event that gives out Barbaric Blood is it? (Twilight Survivor) That'd be extremely disappointing! I'll do a bit of research today if I have time for other sources of Barbaric and Primordial Bloods. Aside from events that can be spawned or patched in, I'd have to hope CN has brought more ways to get them in the next expansion. But we'll see what we can do!
    Post edited by kalystconquerer#0876 on
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    People just got to stop being lazy. I did my primals everyday since i hit shifting sky 10 all those months ago and i already have enough bloods for all my upgrades (only need the sky levels). Its easy enough to get. People just want fast tracks cause theyre too damn lazy.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • tolots
    tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    We can farm 8 primordial bloods each day, i dont see a real need to increase it or make it more easy. I would love the idea to revitalize guild base trials by adding Barbaric Bloods and temporary also adding ancient emblems at earlyer stages (because our version currently have no event to drop those other than packs!)
  • dregenfox
    Options
    valdisman wrote: »
    People just got to stop being lazy. I did my primals everyday since i hit shifting sky 10 all those months ago and i already have enough bloods for all my upgrades (only need the sky levels). Its easy enough to get. People just want fast tracks cause theyre too damn lazy.

That's an extremely narrow, self-centered way to look at it. I've been doing every single daily for the past 4 months since I came back and it's an extreme struggle to catch up. I've known people who are unable to log in some days as well due to work commitments, and while they could normally just replace the time lost by spending money it's simply not possible in this case.

Trust me if I could spend some gold to catch up to primals I'd do it immediately, it's beyond frustrating to be playing at a 200-500 spirit disadvantage + no passives to other endgame players. I do no damage and players do extra damage to me even with equal gears. It's just arbitrary.

Your case is unique in that you had the time to do the daily every single day for 8 months straight.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »
    valdisman wrote: »

That's an extremely narrow, self-centered way to look at it. I've been doing every single daily for the past 4 months since I came back and it's an extreme struggle to catch up. I've known people who are unable to log in some days as well due to work commitments, and while they could normally just replace the time lost by spending money it's simply not possible in this case.

Trust me if I could spend some gold to catch up to primals I'd do it immediately, it's beyond frustrating to be playing at a 200-500 spirit disadvantage + no passives to other endgame players. I do no damage and players do extra damage to me even with equal gears. It's just arbitrary.

Your case is unique in that you had the time to do the daily every single day for 8 months straight.

Just ignore them. They are known for strong opinions that make little sense to calmer minds.

The amount of bloods to catch up is ridiculous and even if I have managed to scratch enough not to run into trouble till Twilight Sky X if then, I still feel there really should be better ways. One of the main reasons my DB and sin are now never logged is the primal grind to get them up to date, which is just so unappealing to me. Do "year of dailies" to get alts up to date, no ty.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    That can't actually be the only event that gives out Barbaric Blood is it? (Twilight Survivor) That'd be extremely disappointing! I'll do a bit of research today if I have time for other sources of Barbaric and Primordial Bloods. Aside from events that can be spawned or patched in, I'd have to hope CN has brought more ways to get them in the next expansion. But we'll see what we can do!

Twilight Survivor when it was active it was only for 1 week, if you keep it as a daily then yes worth to enable it
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Unfortunately, @kalystconquerer#0876 , it is currently the only way to get barbaric bloods (aside from bonus bloods from the sky level quest line but that is a one time bonus) All characters are limited to the 1 blood per day through the mermaid daily.

It looks like there is a few events that can be spawned that offer additional sources. The last one we have already seen in game for a short time.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/36009
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/35650
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/33762
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/28895

As far as what @valdisman says, you need about 263 bloods above the rewards from the sky level quest lines to complete your passives. Given that most current players had no idea until much later that they required bloods still, many players opted to farm B chests to level their cards after their corrosive cold and purity of essence passives were completed.

Disregarding that however I think the original intent was to make it simpler for new characters to catch up to others who have been doing dailies every day for over a year. Laziness doesn't apply to players who didn't know they should do dailies or have access to them in August 2015. Older players can keep farming until next year to finish their passives and not be too behind, but a character who just reached RB2 who may be Arcane Sky has to finish those passives and additionally must farm for another year before they can even imagine being on a similar level as a player like you who has farmed since 2015. And that's if they don't add more passives on top of what current players are trying to catch up on.

Actually it's usually the year of dailies + playerbases' additude that makes the situation so sad. Pretty tough starting a new game and facing a year of dailies, let alone a playerbase who calls you lazy for it. Props to my friends who have returned to game and face the grind.
    ​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @beast21g The event only lasts seven days, but normal maintenance happens weekly. The NPC can easily come back up for its "7 days" duration and run for multiple weeks concurrently, if it can be cleared by the proper channels.

@eirghan Ohhh boy, I know what half those events are now looking at them (I see these in a vacuum with different names during test cycles, but I am not the one who normally tests these, so I don't see the rewards ) . Guess this will be one of those things that will have to get plugged into a calendar and get patches for.

There is no harm in asking for more sources to diversify where you can get Bloods, if the grind seems insurmountable. And if the events are there and can be activated, why not?
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Well i gotta agree atm its 2 much of a grind and some way to speed it up would be really nice , also if there are some more ways to get bloods that cant be abused why not add it if no harm done by them?
    For new players , imagine how they feel once they realize how much dailies they need to catch up, would any of us do dailies for months or a year just to catch up where everyone else is ? Seems like a big waste of time xD
  • belnor
    belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
    Options
    The barbaric blood is also added as a reward as part of the daily calendar check in. Could it's frequency be increased to 4x a month (ie every 7 days) vs 1x per month that it is now. Don't know if this might be easier to request but I don't feel it would be game breaking and would be something everyone could easily do to pick up a few extra.
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Options
    The Thursday tournament rewards (Token of Might) would allow us to craft more blood. But we haven't heard about that in a long time. Wonder if there is still hope.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • belnor
    belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
    Options
    zentfamily wrote: »
    The Thursday tournament rewards (Token of Might) would allow us to craft more blood. But we haven't heard about that in a long time. Wonder if there is still hope.

Kalyst had mentioned on another thread that the local server portion of the Thursday tournamant is broken. The xserver portion is fine but you have to qualify locally first before you can go xserver.
  • tidustheswordwarrior
    tidustheswordwarrior Posts: 50 Arc User
    Options
    Why not bring back assault on archosaur and make it where you can get so many bloods from it based on token drops. Its an event that has been long forgotten and would like to have it revived.

• samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Primordial Blood can be gotten from in game instance (UCH), plus primal daily now give 2 of them. But barbaric Blood is a ridiculous problem, is one per day.

As an example I started a character several months ago, and by the time I reached high enough Sky level to get the Barbaric Blood daily (no ancient gift mind you very slow) the ridiculous amount I needed for HP passive and Charm time debuff, was so insane (5 months of a single daily... 140 Barbaric Bloods), that I had to stop playing it, it was overwhelming. I still play it every now and then but not daily is not worth it.

Now when the new sky level showed up requiring even Barbaric Bloods (a RIDICULOUS amount), it certainly feel like punishing, like if the game was now in punishing mode for anyone new or for any new toon, the insane amount of grind to bring it up to par is simply overwhelming.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    Assault on Archosaur is the running mobs around Archo with the general boss spawns and the shouts about Duke owing a debt to the Wraiths, correct? If this is the same event I'm thinking of, something must have broke with it, because when I test it the mobs won't despawn after the final boss had been cleared. This did not occur before as I definitely remember doing this event on live when it was released. Low levels will end up being trapped within Archo's gates if they do not have flyers as the mobs have high aggro and will one shot low level/geared players. I want to run this event, but this might mean having to run it close to a maintenance, which is not the ideal situation. Editing an old event is not something CN normally does, but I will shoot out a request for it to see if they can fix issues with it. I like the token idea for sure but if we can't get an "official" redemption type system (via a forge or NPC) we will have to do it a more "on the fly" way, perhaps with a catshop set up to buy tradeable drops from players? Hmm. Alot of legwork required.

If there is enough demand for it, we could see about implementing it again into an event schedule, but it will not be at a very convenient time for players without CN fixing it. This is a concern of mine.

@belnor it's a "newer" feature, but it's a hard coded one at that (the daily log in calendar). No promises, but I can shoot out some feelers and see if they're willing to change the table of items.

• beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    BTW an event starting in a specific hour of the day doesnt work for all.
    Better to be something like a npc with quest to take and you can finish that quest during the day.

After merges not all people can follow EU times