PWI Anniversary Contest Winners!!!

thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2016 in Official Announcements
Greetings Everyone!
The anniversary contests have come to a close! Let me tell you they were fun looking and adjudicating all the entries! So now that the dust has cleared, we have chosen our winners!

PWI Anniversary Logo Contest

Though we may have our final winners, our Artists Showcase will remain ongoing. If you see your logo on Facebook you will login to find an extra 100 Event gold in your future!

That said, every entry will receive 100 Event gold for participating!

These are your specially selected Artist Showcase winnars thus far who get an additional 100 Event Gold:

Kirki / Dawnglory
Marengo / Twilight Temple
ChibiVivi / Dawnglory
Pereskia / Tideswell

The following Artists are your Grand Prize Winnars!

1st Place: Dragon Orb Flame - Marengo / Twilight Temple
2nd Place: Dragon Orb Mirage - MysticBoob / Twilight Temple
3rd Place: Dragon Orb Ocean - TheNightErza / Etherblade

Memories of PWI

Thank you Everyone for sharing all the wonderful memories with us. We could only choose 8 special people to win howeverand we will get to them soon.

We do have a bit of bad news though, the Posters unfortunately could not make the trip back from China. Instead we will be sending you some very special anniversary swag courtesy of your friends here in The Redwood City Offices... Your winners:

1st - 800 Event Gold - joosii on Tideswell
2nd - 400 Event Gold - Szimonia / Dawnglory
3rd - 200 Event Gold - CivillioN – Tideswell
4th - 100 Event Gold - Rekko / Tideswell
5th - 100 Event Gold - Miugre/Etherblade
6th - 100 Event Gold - Eirghan Twilight Temple
7th - 100 Event Gold - SpelllStormer Dawnglory
8th - 100 Event Gold - Restos Twilight Temple

Congrats to all our winnars and the in game prizes will be sent very soon!
Post edited by thenamesdomino on

Comments

• forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    grats all winners fox-25.gif​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    One of those winners looks more like TVI xD

TBH though I dont know why they put guidelines on these competitions as the winners (90% of the competitions) are not chosen based on them. A quick google search of textured font and blam, they claim it as an original idea.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    What's funny is I've played for 8 years and I haven't bothered to enter any contests yet (to my recollection). Thank you. I hope everyone enjoyed what I wrote in the original thread, and I just now noticed the first place entry - very well deserved indeed.

To be honest, I just now noticed the mention of posters in the original thread. It didn't occur to me that there would be any physical prize involved. How would you get these to the individuals who won them? Do you need physical addresses? Because I never bothered to enter mine, and if I ever did in the past, it would be out of date by now. @thenamesdomino I would appreciate it if you let me know if I (or any of the others) need to send you guys some additional information.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • iliad#1359
    iliad#1359 Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    so.. by kirki do they mean kirbi and if so... the pwi logo that one is one is promoting marijuana use and using a rap singer's image... gotten off google. I would think that would violate the rules:

Design an original logo for PWI
    All content created must be original (no revamps, reskins, or recolors)

Heres an image i found by googling "smoke weed every day snoop dogg"
    maxresdefault.jpg
    and the entry
    qz0rde.jpg

I mean. grats. but. pwi. why make rules if you're not going to enforce them? this applies to your tos too...

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    pig-40.gif Thanks for the contest and congrats all the winners =)

By the way, domino, I was mentioned in artists showcase in FB, but I'm not from Dawnglory, but from Twilight Temple.
    These are your specially selected Artist Showcase winnars thus far who get an additional 100 Event Gold:

Kirki / Dawnglory
    Marengo / Dawnglory
    ChibiVivi / Dawnglory
    Pereskia / Tideswell
    Unless there is another fox player with same name and I didn't see monkey-47.gif​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • thenamesdomino
    Got you. :)
  • mrsir
    mrsir Posts: 32 Arc User
    Restos here. I am very grateful and honored my story was chosen as a winner for the memories contest. I look forward to many more great memories with this amazing game!
  • greenfire312
    @thenamesdomino - Reposting as I still need an answer to this question.
    It didn't occur to me that there would be any physical prize involved. How would you get these to the individuals who won them? Do you need physical addresses? Because I never bothered to enter mine, and if I ever did in the past, it would be out of date by now. I would appreciate it if you let me know if I (or any of the others) need to send you guys some additional information.
    Etherblade server
  • mrsir
    edited October 2016
    @thenamesdomino - Reposting as I still need an answer to this question.
    It didn't occur to me that there would be any physical prize involved. How would you get these to the individuals who won them? Do you need physical addresses? Because I never bothered to enter mine, and if I ever did in the past, it would be out of date by now. I would appreciate it if you let me know if I (or any of the others) need to send you guys some additional information.

You can go to your arc profile by clicking your name on the left of the arc client then it is My Profile and at the top drop down arrow, My Account and update your address from there.
  • greenfire312
    mrsir wrote: »
    You can go to your arc profile by clicking your name on the left of the arc client then it is My Profile and at the top drop down arrow, My Account and update your address from there.
    Thank you, but I am aware of this. Under normal circumstances I am the sort who prefers to give as little information as possible to third parties, even ones I deal with frequently. To be blunt: outside of a specific need to mail me something, PWE has no need for (and no business having) my physical address. Therefore I would like to verify that they do, in fact, need to send me something first.
    Etherblade server
  • thenamesdomino
    Once we get the swag in order we will be contacting the winners via arc mail.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User

Does this mean we should disregard emails from the support desk asking us to update our information?​​
  • greenfire312
    eirghan wrote: »

Does this mean we should disregard emails from the support desk asking us to update our information?​​
    And by Arc mail, is this the same mail that appears at the top of the forums when I log in? Or is this something that's exclusive to the Arc client only?

I do not use the Arc client (or Steam) on any computer that I actually play on - only an old machine which I will open only to submit Arc-only codes.

Thank you for the response either way :)
    Etherblade server
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    7th - 100 Event Gold - SpelllStormer Dawnglory

Oh wow! Humbled!

First, I think there is a spelling mistake: SpellStormer with 2 l, not 3 l.
    I did get a message from you guys on mail, and wanted to know if the kind of resolution you are thinking of has changed in any way. I was out from game for several long days, so no idea. Mea culpa if you guys did send the reward already and I forgot opening it.

Spell.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • mrsir
    Hey again! I just updated my home address on my Arc account info to what's most current from what I was told in the ticket-mail I received in my email. I am in between houses, moving stuff over to the new place still and have already contacted the post office to get my mail forwarded to this address. Just letting you guys know that I'd rather the swag be sent this new address! Also, I cannot wait for this prize! Thanks again! :smile:
  • n3murinomori
    n3murinomori Posts: 43 Arc User
    Hello . I am interested if the rewards for participating ( 100 event gold ) have been sent to people ? because i have not yet received my reward .
    TheGreatKhan of DawnGlory
    sadasdds.png
This discussion has been closed.