codes in mail

Options
Hey there,

I was wondering. Does anyone know how comes i've been playing since 2008 but never ever had any codes in my mailbox? I hear alot of ppl who got send codes to their mail, but i seem te be missing out on all of them. I tried sending in tickets to ask about this issue, but i haven't had a responce to it so far. Figured maybe someone here knows the answer or could help me with this issue.

Much love!
Maddy

Comments

• ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options
    Have you tried to check if you have enabled the "receive mail from pwi" option enabled?
  • sirkura#6424
    sirkura#6424 Posts: 37 Arc User
    Options
    also heard players in certain countries don't get them. if you have the box for mail checked. if a promo pops up after that. be patient, and submit a ticket about it. ofc, they will only reimburse current on going promos.
  • maddyblossom
    maddyblossom Posts: 18 Arc User
    Options
    ailiadrake wrote: »
    Have you tried to check if you have enabled the "receive mail from pwi" option enabled?

As far as i know i have that box checked.. where should i be able to find it?
  • maddyblossom
    Options
    also heard players in certain countries don't get them. if you have the box for mail checked. if a promo pops up after that. be patient, and submit a ticket about it. ofc, they will only reimburse current on going promos.

I tried sending in tickets but every time they said it was an automated system and weren't in control of it or any other excuse.. I live in the Netherlands, but my friend gets all his e-mails
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Go to your profile settings and choose the Language Preference tab. Check box is right there.
    If it's not checked, then you will not receive any emails.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    Options
    If youre on Hotmail / Excite / random country ISP provided email ( not all) , you wont get the mail no matter what you do. Create a gmail/yahoo account just for pwi and you will start getting all the pwi mails from then on.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    I do have an Excite email for one of my accounts but yes, it is definitely hit or miss. Also, Excite loves to delete emails after a while, so if you don't obsessively check it you could still miss mail. Just because I get emails though, doesn't mean everyone does, so best to go with one of the "bigger" email providers.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    johndoe069 wrote: »
    Create a gmail/yahoo account just for pwi and you will start getting all the pwi mails from then on.

There is still no 100% guarantee that your gmail account will get the email, even if it is pwi exclusive, or you changed one to make it exclusive for pwi.

I have mail forwarding set up, not all accounts get emails. Sometimes the accounts that got the code email (general) will not get it the next time. Some accounts get account specific codes in emails, at other times none of the accounts do.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    I run my own E-Mail system.

I get all the codes on them all normally. Unless their is a requirement then no. Also I know I have had sometimes questions about e-mail from my other provider.

The main thing is the Requirement for the Mail. So even if you have the Promo button ticked mostly that's why people don't get them.​​
  • maddyblossom
    Options
    Go to your profile settings and choose the Language Preference tab. Check box is right there.
    If it's not checked, then you will not receive any emails.​​

TY! that box wasn't checked... hopefully now i will reseave some codes ^^
  • maddyblossom
    Options
    I do have an Excite email for one of my accounts but yes, it is definitely hit or miss. Also, Excite loves to delete emails after a while, so if you don't obsessively check it you could still miss mail. Just because I get emails though, doesn't mean everyone does, so best to go with one of the "bigger" email providers.

I use Hotmail as e-mail provider. Someone else mentioned a check box that might not be checked and it wasn't. hopefully now i'll get a mail every now and then ^^
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    codes from these emails going to random people, so you can blame your luck
  • johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options

Do you specifically get emails with codes in them from pwi? ( not counting the other games as ive gotten nevrwinter ones in the past ). Not promotional mails from gigantic and livelock and all the other mass mails.

And posted my bit from experience so probably not a 100% thing, but i stopped getting codes in the mail on my hotmail and excite ages ago ( box checked and all the usual inbox/category/filter stuff on the email acc) and as soon as i created a gmail acc to replace each i started getting them.

PWI needs an option in the account section where you can send yourself an automated "test" mail to see if your mail account gets it, rather than wait for the next big rewards to come out like the rb pills and free gear tickets and people missing out cos they dont know if their mail system works. ( and yes, not including the oops-there-was-a-glitch issues with mails going out and some not/specific requirement )