xTW bidding broken?

keihan007#7641
keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
edited November 2016 in General Discussion
Not sure if this is Karma issue or something more widespread but Karma bid on xTW and didnt get a single battle. http://prntscr.com/d67ltn Even if we would of not get attacked(Unlikely) and not gotten anybody on our attack that list would be inaccurate as we currently hold 5 lands, adding an attack it would of showed 6. So anybody else is having similar issues? This is pretty frustrating this close to season ending and some official word on whats going on would be appreciated.

So its been brought to my attention there are factions with battles, making this pretty ridiculous situation. Karma is a contender for top3 position again this season and if we lost our attack by default it might have serious implications on rankings. @orinj @thenamesdomino @arspaulina#4310 Could we please get some acknowledgment on the issue? I understand it being weekend there is nothing you can do before xTW if and when our battles got glitched away but yea.
BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
Post edited by keihan007#7641 on

Comments

• sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    From what i know on Dawnglory nobody's battles got glitched this week so it seems it's just you.
    Also i dont think your battles got glitched aswell, what happened to you seems to be a really wierd scenario.
    So out of 16 t2 lands u guys got 3 ,that leaves 13 battles u can get if you bided t2 , from past week seems like almost nobody is biding t3 anymore (some dont bid it to avoid crisis since loosing woudnt bring them anything so they focus on t2) so that leaves it with 2 many factions trying to bid for t2 , factions that hold t2 and t1 with only 13 spots left.
    So lets say 14 factions bid t2 in this case , since we dont know how system decides who gets priority on bid and war (is it full random or is it by the time bid was placed) looks like your bid was 'left out' with only wars left to bid being your own since all others were taken xD
    So it ends up being u guys got lucky that none of the bids after procesing were on your lands , but unlucky enough that your bid didnt go through since only land left was yours.
    Maybe its a good thing since if you guys had 5-6 wars would be impossible to def all if you got at least 3 stronger factions xD

Also if what i say is correct it seems to be the drawback of this kind of strategy (going for multiple t2 lands), eventually you end up without a bid going through but you can get good points if lucky.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    are you sure that your guild made a bid for xtw?
    If yes then you just didnt qualify
  • keihan007#7641
    edited November 2016
    beast21g wrote: »

I double checked with our leader and she insists she bid before I made this thead and I do trust her. She might even have SS, I know she takes those for signing up at times but proving the time/date on it might be difficult.

As for not qualifying, thats just plain impossible. You need tier 2 land to bid on tier 3 iirc, which is where we bid this week. There is 8 tier 3 lands, which means 16 participants can get into it and as there is only 16 tier 2 lands every bid on tier 3 is successful.

Now what if we are odd one who just didnt happen to get paired with another faction? We would get PvE xTW. In which we would need to go kill a tower(Point victory) or just kill the dragon for effort as you actually need to win the instance even if you have no opponent. This has happened to us before so I can promise you thats how it works.

As for not getting paired with 3 tier 2 lands when, according to you, thats what most factions bid on is just extremely unlikely and I am far more inclined to think our faction wasnt accounted on xTW battles this week for reason or another.

If and when we bid, we should have 6 lands on our sign up thingy, we only got 5, which means we got plain glitched.

• sin20
    saxroll wrote: »
    If and when we bid, we should have 6 lands on our sign up thingy, we only got 5, which means we got plain glitched.
    Well like i said if your bid was the odd one out and it didnt go through since all others were taken by other factions it woudnt show up on signup thing since there is no war then. It woudnt show since your bid wasnt on any t2 land.
    That is if u bid t2 , but u say u bid t3 so there should defo be a war for you guys , unless your leader bid t2 by mistake and it happened how i said which is extremely unlucky xD
    Also after you bid u can check if your bid went through, if someone from your faction checked at that period it would clarify what actually happened.
    If the bids glitched they would glitch for everyone then like in the past and that isnt the case.

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    No issues for Hoorah our bid went thru just fine. Shud definately look into it, if their leader did really bid thats bullshjt, they couldve gotten 70 points this week, where Hoorah can get 40 points max, meaning the difference wouldve gone down to 0, very relevant for standings.

Dont get me wrong, I dont want Karma to steal our 3rd place ( :@ ) but if they deserved it they should get it, which they were very much on the path to do.

On a counter point tho, this also means you guys didnt get attacked perhaps due to the same error... So its also possible this helped you more than it hindered you, since defending 5 lands AND attacking one isnt a guaranteed win in all 6 battles by any means :P Gotta look at both sides of the coin. But definately worth investigating, because the fact you have 5 lands yet none of them got attacked is also very strange, that shouldnt happen either. Either way it definately fks up the ''what could have been'' I hope it doesnt influence the results in the end, but Im afraid it will. (There's still 3 weeks left I think)

Just a thought, maybe you did attack Dragon's Meet but because there was an odd number of attacks on it you guys didnt get matched with anyone and ull get the 40 points for free. (And perhaps you hit the lottery that none of your 5 lands got attacked?) I dont know how it shows up in the menu when that happens, we've always had an opponent in Dragon's Meet, maybe people from Crisis can explain what it looks like in the menu when you have a PvE battle in Dragon's Meet... Does it still just show up as ''Dragon's Meet None'' ?
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    beast21g wrote: »

I double checked with our leader and she insists she bid before I made this thead and I do trust her. She might even have SS, I know she takes those for signing up at times but proving the time/date on it might be difficult.

As for not qualifying, thats just plain impossible. You need tier 2 land to bid on tier 3 iirc, which is where we bid this week. There is 8 tier 3 lands, which means 16 participants can get into it and as there is only 16 tier 2 lands every bid on tier 3 is successful.

Now what if we are odd one who just didnt happen to get paired with another faction? We would get PvE xTW. In which we would need to go kill a tower(Point victory) or just kill the dragon for effort as you actually need to win the instance even if you have no opponent. This has happened to us before so I can promise you thats how it works.

As for not getting paired with 3 tier 2 lands when, according to you, thats what most factions bid on is just extremely unlikely and I am far more inclined to think our faction wasnt accounted on xTW battles this week for reason or another.

Yeah the issue here is that you most likely just got unlucky. I know it's hard to blame stuff on your own faction's strategic decisionmaking but sometimes these things happen and you get ****.

It's improbable that the x-tw system messed up only for you and not anyone else...

Even if it was a bug, there's nothing PWI GM's can do about the issue anyway.
  • keihan007#7641
    edited November 2016
    dingo488 wrote: »
    I dont know how it shows up in the menu when that happens, we've always had an opponent in Dragon's Meet, maybe people from Crisis can explain what it looks like in the menu when you have a PvE battle in Dragon's Meet... Does it still just show up as ''Dragon's Meet None'' ?

It actually does show up as Dragon`s Meet - None. Karma has had these rng moments where we havent been matched with anybody on it - This is how I can tell how it looks. But like seen on SS, we dont have such battle on our list and I seriously doubt we getting free 40 points from it. Guess its time to go win every damn instance we can enter and just get our PvP action for weekend with GD. Totally advocating archer pullers for the first hour of TW in order to keep it going more than 15mins.
    dregenfox wrote: »
    Yeah the issue here is that you most likely just got unlucky. I know it's hard to blame stuff on your own faction's strategic decisionmaking but sometimes these things happen and you get ****.

It's improbable that the x-tw system messed up only for you and not anyone else...

Even if it was a bug, there's nothing PWI GM's can do about the issue anyway.

Of course its unlikely things break for a single faction. But I remember seeing "I bid on xTW" comment in our officer chat on Thursday. Sure, she could of messed it up that seems bit improbable too.

There is absolutely 2 options on what happened. 1. xTW matchmaking glitched on us or 2. Our leader cant, after months of practice, bid on xTW map. You pick the more likelier option.

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    I think we might've had this happen once as well, but I am unsure.​​
  • monoftalm
    monoftalm Posts: 118 Arc User
    aradya6793 wrote: »
    it took them like what 6 months to properly reset rankings do you think they will be able to do anything about this? XD

what is more concerning its Drakon losing TW to Indignant lmfao with all that psy buffed sins and big mouths then they cant get a thing delivered​​

#wannabetrolltryKarmaQQmoreperson

Drakon has 2v1 in numbers and we get a fight going, while Indg got lots of rly old nice players from voltage and historic heritage.

Bad try .. rly bad try lel
    <3
  • kemetician
    kemetician Posts: 5 Arc User
    Kemet here..ummm..*clear throat*...A numers game with you..Dropping you like flies..you use your numbers as a shield..effective, but mistaken..We know your strategy you better enjoy the borrowed time..we at you..kow that...I gotta taste for you blood now..mmmmmm..cant wait..see you soon..
  • keihan007#7641
    @orinj @thenamesdomino @arspaulina#4310 @kalystconquerer#0876

So we got response to our ticket and the matter is still unresolved. The reply we got was absolutely absurd, not even acknowledging any issues. It turns out asking how its possible to not get battle on tier 3 land and if and when its not possible w/o a glitch, according to us that is, we are asking help with strategies from PWE, which they arent willing assist with. To be clear we did not ask any help with strategies, just to investigate why our bid didnt go trough.

Could we get acknowledgement on our issue? A word it will be investigated? Because as said earlier in this thread, not getting tier 3 battle could of cost us xTW helm, which is worth ~1b. Or least thats where our latest internal bidding went for our last helm. That is a pretty large chunk of coin to add into prize pool for our members.

Dont get me wrong, we could of lost our attack on tier 3 land, its all very possible but I really want the rankings to be decided in fair manner not by some glitching around.

• dingo488
    Were you able to bid this week? To be honest I doubt that one week mattered much for the standings as u still got a positive result in terms of the standings, you can do this week what u wanted to do last week n the outcome will be very similar due to how last week shaked out. As long as u can bid this week it shud be fine.
  • sin20
    edited November 2016
    If your battles indeed got glitched like you think, you could have easly ended up with 4+ wars and im not sure on your numbers , strength and strategy but it would be really hard to fight all 4 and win , so imo i think this ended up being better for you in the long run if you aim for xTW helm.
    If it really got glitched you woudnt have only T3 war (my guess is some ppl think it would be like that) but also on T2 and maybe T1.
  • sin20
    edited November 2016
  • keihan007#7641
    Were you able to bid this week? To be honest I doubt that one week mattered much for the standings as u still got a positive result in terms of the standings, you can do this week what u wanted to do last week n the outcome will be very similar due to how last week shaked out. As long as u can bid this week it shud be fine.

We bid last week just fine too - We just werent assigned any kind of battle. As for this week, we are signed up, just like we were last week. Its impossible to say if we getting to battle this weekend or not before bids are "announced".

• keihan007#7641
    We got tier 3 battle so its working this week. Would still appreciate investigation on what happened last week.

• sin20
    We got tier 3 battle so its working this week. Would still appreciate investigation on what happened last week.
    But you proly got battles on t1 and t2 lands aswell right?
    In the long run last week was basicly 'free' points for you guys seeing as u had 0 battles and u got 60 points right?
  • keihan007#7641
    sin20 wrote: »
    But you proly got battles on t1 and t2 lands aswell right?
    In the long run last week was basicly 'free' points for you guys seeing as u had 0 battles and u got 60 points right?

Uh, I cant answer the first one for now as that can be valuiable information to our opponent(s). After xTWs are done tomorrow I can answer it too but as for for points from last week, we got 50 iirc. Which is enough to keep up with the top factions but not enough to catch/bypass them in rankings. We more or less lost a week in our run to bypass Hoorah/Tempest - Not saying we will or would w/o any glitches but I much prefer losing in a fair manner over a season where you can go "what if our attack didnt glitch?".

• valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Your bid glitched but no one else throughout the other servers, or even on Etherblade, did. Seems completely logical.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • sin20
    valdisman wrote: »
    Your bid glitched but no one else throughout the other servers, or even on Etherblade, did. Seems completely logical.
    Actually i heard the same happened to 2 more factions till the start of xTW (season 1-3) and im guessing it happened to even more factions but they proly didnt fight for top positions and arent that active on forum so they didnt mention it.
    This glitch can easly put someone ahead/behind and decide the season for a faction for better or worse, if worse then whole effort a faction put through the season will be basicly for nothing if they get fcked by the system and a glitch.
    And i belive that is a problem that needs to be adressed.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    I pushed this thread over to surtr, but he was pretty busy yesterday with verifying Thursday Night Fights and UP drop issues. Didn't know if I had replied here yet or not to say it's been seen, but yes - it's been seen, will try and see if we can get an answer or at least some sort of clarification. I will say you haven't been the first person to bring it up since I did get PM'd on Etherblade about it when I was running events.

xTW/DC is clearing this weekend right? If you can, please grab any screenshots that you can if you're getting weird messaging or if it's doing the same thing (not processing a bid). It's true we shouldn't be giving strategic advice, but this seems to be a system problem, not a "someone falling asleep at the bidding wheel" problem.
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    monoftalm wrote: »
    aradya6793 wrote: »
    it took them like what 6 months to properly reset rankings do you think they will be able to do anything about this? XD

what is more concerning its Drakon losing TW to Indignant lmfao with all that psy buffed sins and big mouths then they cant get a thing delivered​​

#wannabetrolltryKarmaQQmoreperson

Drakon has 2v1 in numbers and we get a fight going, while Indg got lots of rly old nice players from voltage and historic heritage.

Bad try .. rly bad try lel

Please don't derail the thread. There's a reason everyone is leaving drakon letting you lose alone. :)
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • dingo488
    edited November 2016
    Hm seems the bidding has been fixed... but did Karma really get 90 points this weekend? I thought we had previously established 70 was the max amount of points you could get in a single week, Im a bit confused.

Could someone from Karma post the Dragon Conquest Rankings from their POV, does it say you got 90 points for this week?

And it seems Tempest also got more than 70 points :open_mouth: did this get ninja changed without it being in the patch notes? I prefer for the cap to be removed, but for this to happen without any announcement in the middle of a season is kinda strange
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    if-you-could-yo6olc.jpg
  • keihan007#7641
    edited November 2016
    Hm seems the bidding has been fixed... but did Karma really get 90 points this weekend? I thought we had previously established 70 was the max amount of points you could get in a single week, Im a bit confused.

Could someone from Karma post the Dragon Conquest Rankings from their POV, does it say you got 90 points for this week?

And it seems Tempest also got more than 70 points :open_mouth: did this get ninja changed without it being in the patch notes? I prefer for the cap to be removed, but for this to happen without any announcement in the middle of a season is kinda strange

Yea, we got 90 points this week. The QUACKING has been released! and Tempest is next one on the list!

• phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    This is pwi changing irrelevant things at the most inopportune time is what they do then they blame it on China so u can't be mad at anyone for it
  • dingo488
    edited November 2016
    Cept its not irrelevant. Thats changing the game in the middle of a season, pretty odd :s
    I do think its more interesting for the future, but to change it in the last few weeks of an xTW season... x)
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User

Yeah they got 90 points as were on 410 last week. Now 40 ahead of GD because of the 40 gained from tier 3 land. Just a shame Crysis got such an agenda against Infa to send 2 main squads into that fight instead of their tier 3 as would have been a hell of a fight. Problem crysis have now is Karma got more land so next few weeks will get more points than Crysis and could overtake them in rankings if it plays out well for them with not many fights like theyve been having.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • sin20
    Yea this is really strange and it completely changes all the rankings and strategy factions need to take when biding in xTW now.
    @kalystconquerer Can you test this out and confirm if it was changed? Because if it was right before season 3 is about to end this kind of change completely changes how the end of season will play out.

And what agenda against infa ,if we loose t2 we cant bid t3 next week so we coudnt ignore that war xD
    We had unlucky matchups this week as we had to split to try to fight karma and infa , won against infa and didnt have enough fire power for karma sadly otherwise it woulda been a good fight.