Cleric Skill Updates

drago11
drago11 Posts: 17 Arc User
Is anyone else infuriated with the skill updates for clerics? I don't understand how they can upgrade stats to skills that either aren't used or aren't in anyway helpful. Can we get some feedback on this cause I honestly don't understand. It kinda makes me want to quit playing a cleric, if not quit indefinitely.
«1

Comments

  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    I played a cleric since PWI first started. Most of my friends who played cleric gradually rerolled over time. Only a few who still play the game stay as a cleric.

    I think it's getting to feel like whoever is designing the classes - if they play the game - has never played a cleric.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Another one of those threads...holy ballz you guys. Starting to **** me off big time. I tell you the same thing I told alot of people on these forums before: Your class is fine..no in the case of clerics..the class is so frggin overpowred and broken...I dont even...

    Face it. Your lack of being able to utilize the full potential of your class is what makes you dislike it. Even sins and duskblades struggle hard to beat a cleric in a fair fight and you complain about them being too weak? What?!

    Getting so sick of this whining all day long. Dont blame something for your own inability.
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    Guys don't listen to @jsxshadow. He is spreading nonsense again because he can't figure out how to beat a cleric easily on his duskblade and doesn't want to look bad.
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @notanyfox#3644 you again? I thought we would've finally gotten rid of you. Here to derail a thread again?

    And no, I am not as delusional as most people on the forums and I am also not implying that I would have any problem beating any cleric with any of my classes. Average clerics are easy. Average Duskblades are easy, average sins can be a problem if the dmg is too big, if not then they are also easy. Thats exactly what I'm saying. A class gets good if its played by a good player. If you suck then ur class obviously sucks too.

    I have a video in which I beat an average duskblade that also outgears my cleric to hell and back. So much for clerics being weak. On equal gears I guess I wouldnt have lost a single fight. Heck max geared clerics are nearly unbeatable in a 1on1 and damn near impossible to kill in mass pvp if they do it right. Sooooo weak. Indeed :p
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @notanyfox#3644 you again? I thought we would've finally gotten rid of you. Here to derail a thread again?

    I've been posting regularly. You just seem to ignore some of my posts in other threads because they embarass you. :)
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Heck max geared clerics are nearly unbeatable in a 1on1 and damn near impossible to kill in mass pvp if they do it right. Sooooo weak. Indeed :p

    You can't kill max geared clerics. It doesn't mean everyone else can't.

    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    No, what I was saying is: Am I the cleric, you cant beat me. If I fight any other cleric, I win.

    It's never about what I can or cannot do. It's about what the majority of people can or cannot do. To be able to beat a master cleric you would need to have a specific genie, need to know all cooldowns, effects, skills, etc a cleric can use in x-situation and thus be able to counteract on them appropriatly.

    People with sich vast knowledge are rare. The avg player doesnt even know his own class to 100% let alone knows what the other classes do. I do. That knowledge alone is what gives me the edge in most fights. I urge people to learn the classes but they refuse and QQ instead and blame it on class balance. Just ridiculous.

    Every class is strong. Only sins are stupid overpowered due to tidal and their damage. Then again. Easy fix. If you find that you are too squishy and get too easily killed even by equally geared duskblades and sins just buff up to the max. If they cant kill you 1.2.3. then most people will struggle hard to survive even if they are buffed as well. You can allow yourself some mistake when you know that the target wont life through your own CDs anyways but if the target isnt even close to be killed and you need patience, combos and skill to win...well.

    I could bet 10b ingame coins that I would max lose 1 fight in 10 with a max buffed, max geared cleric vs an equally geared Duskblade even if its the best duskblade in the entire world. I mean. Easy. The dusks charm wont ever tick :) Shackle does the rest Ijs :D One SoG duration could be enough to win every fight. The 1 fight is the moment the dusk uses a purge genie and it actually goes through while I have all CDs gone. Very unlikely to happen but oh well :)

    Don't even start with g17 purge weapons. Nearly no one has them yet so :)
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Sh*tposting at the speed of light.Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    tiger-9.gif can't we just have a forum section called "The Joe Show" and be done with this... stuff?

    tiger-9.gif all this hypothetical bs is getting tiresome to read.
    IF the situation is like x
    IF something is like y
    Any decent player won't let the same situation happen repeatedly unless it works.

    For every class you play, there's bound to be a person playing that class that's better than you.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Every class is strong. Only sins are stupid overpowered due to tidal and their damage. Then again. Easy fix. If you find that you are too squishy and get too easily killed even by equally geared duskblades and sins just buff up to the max. If they cant kill you 1.2.3. then most people will struggle hard to survive

    When you can't beat equally geared sins and duskblades in 1v1, your fix is "buff up to the max" ?
    Go get full buffs + base buffs + psy buffs and app @ Arararat.com :D
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    I could bet 10b ingame coins that I would max lose 1 fight in 10 with a max buffed, max geared cleric vs an equally geared Duskblade even if its the best duskblade in the entire world. I mean. Easy. The dusks charm wont ever tick :) Shackle does the rest Ijs :D One SoG duration could be enough to win every fight. The 1 fight is the moment the dusk uses a purge genie and it actually goes through while I have all CDs gone. Very unlikely to happen but oh well :)

    If you "buff up to the max" maybe.
    With equal buff I could bet 10b that you would lose 10/10.

    GL SoGing a dusk with anti seal + tele / para. Even if you land a SoG you're not killing in the duration with just DoTs if it's max geared.

    Clueless as ever kid.
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @dblazen1 Again, I didnt start this. Am just annoyed by people claiming their class is weak whilst that isnt the case.

    @notanyfox#3644 Well I beat a Duskblade that massively outgears me already on my cleric. Where are my 10b?

    Ofc a cleric can lose to a duskblade on selfbuffs, but if both are grest the ratio is 50/50. Again, look at the dmg my low geared cleric deals on a max geared duskblade...well. Clerics have plenty of means to stay alive, just like duskblades. However, if a cleric catches a selfbuffed duskblade once and his genie isnt ready then its game over. Anti Seal doesnt even matter as long as you can keep the arrays up and prevent the charm from ticking. Shackle lasts for 1 minute. Seems like you never got a trip spark Shackle on you whilst having seal debuff + Str Mire on your selfbuffs. We are talking about approx 6k dmg ticks everytime you do something. I've seen dusks die from that alone. GG spamming skills.

    Well, when will you learn that clueless people shouldnt call people with actual experience clueless. You only appear to be dumb when u do.

    Before I got derailed as usual, my statement was the clerics are damn OP. That is a fact. Your cleric isnt OP? Well then you are not utilizing the potential or are just too stubborn to adapt. Cleric for 1on1 is always with a STR based genie. If you dont even have a genie for every situation possible (Note: I have over 18 81+LP genies) then well...again. You are not utilizing everything you could. Stop blaming your damn class and start on yourself. No one has to win every fight and ofc people will adapt and find ways around your strategy and that is exactly the difficulty and what is worth to be found. Thats a challange.
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @notanyfox#3644 Well I beat a Duskblade that massively outgears me already on my cleric. Where are my 10b?

    Ofc a cleric can lose to a duskblade on selfbuffs, but if both are grest the ratio is 50/50. Again, look at the dmg my low geared cleric deals on a max geared duskblade...well. Clerics have plenty of means to stay alive, just like duskblades. However, if a cleric catches a selfbuffed duskblade once and his genie isnt ready then its game over. Anti Seal doesnt even matter as long as you can keep the arrays up and prevent the charm from ticking. Shackle lasts for 1 minute. Seems like you never got a trip spark Shackle on you whilst having seal debuff + Str Mire on your selfbuffs. We are talking about approx 6k dmg ticks everytime you do something. I've seen dusks die from that alone. GG spamming skills.

    Well, when will you learn that clueless people shouldnt call people with actual experience clueless. You only appear to be dumb when u do.

    Before I got derailed as usual, my statement was the clerics are damn OP. That is a fact. Your cleric isnt OP? Well then you are not utilizing the potential or are just too stubborn to adapt. Cleric for 1on1 is always with a STR based genie. If you dont even have a genie for every situation possible (Note: I have over 18 81+LP genies) then well...again. You are not utilizing everything you could. Stop blaming your damn class and start on yourself. No one has to win every fight and ofc people will adapt and find ways around your strategy and that is exactly the difficulty and what is worth to be found. Thats a challange.

    Was it the best duskblade in the world ?

    You kill yourself on shackle ? :D You die to soulburn too ? :D
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @notanyfox#3644 Well I beat a Duskblade that massively outgears me already on my cleric. Where are my 10b?

    Ofc a cleric can lose to a duskblade on selfbuffs, but if both are grest the ratio is 50/50. Again, look at the dmg my low geared cleric deals on a max geared duskblade...well. Clerics have plenty of means to stay alive, just like duskblades. However, if a cleric catches a selfbuffed duskblade once and his genie isnt ready then its game over. Anti Seal doesnt even matter as long as you can keep the arrays up and prevent the charm from ticking. Shackle lasts for 1 minute. Seems like you never got a trip spark Shackle on you whilst having seal debuff + Str Mire on your selfbuffs. We are talking about approx 6k dmg ticks everytime you do something. I've seen dusks die from that alone. GG spamming skills.

    Well, when will you learn that clueless people shouldnt call people with actual experience clueless. You only appear to be dumb when u do.

    Before I got derailed as usual, my statement was the clerics are damn OP. That is a fact. Your cleric isnt OP? Well then you are not utilizing the potential or are just too stubborn to adapt. Cleric for 1on1 is always with a STR based genie. If you dont even have a genie for every situation possible (Note: I have over 18 81+LP genies) then well...again. You are not utilizing everything you could. Stop blaming your damn class and start on yourself. No one has to win every fight and ofc people will adapt and find ways around your strategy and that is exactly the difficulty and what is worth to be found. Thats a challange.

    Was it the best duskblade in the world ?

    You kill yourself on shackle ? :D You die to soulburn too ? :D

    You again, underestimate those skills so hard...man. When will you gain actual PvP experience and get away from this ridiculously, inaccurate theory-crafting?

    So you tell me. When an endgame cleric debuffs a Duskblade with Shackle and he could get 6k of damage EVERYTIME he uses any sort of Attack for 1 minute then explain to me how that cant be a massive thread? If you're lucky you can perform 7 skills then you are dead. Good luck killing a Shield'ed, Ulti'ed cleric with such a low amount of skills used while the cleric can still break out (purify spell or genie), disable your charm and ofc DD on you as well. Whatcha gonna do? Kite for 1 Minute? Just to get debuffed with the next SoG again? GG WP.

    You really give me the impression that you never have fought any decent player ever and only had fights in your dreamworld. Good players wont let you do this, wont let you do that. Sure. there are ways around it. But those ways also have a huge risk/cost to it that also can be exploited. Like if you use faith in SoG to avoid Shackle then I can sleep you afterwards no problem and start an Occult Ice combo on you while you're absolutely defenseless, thats an example. Being able to predict your enemies moves is what makes a trully skilled player.

    PS: Sure ETERNITY isnt the best DB around, he gets better tho, but I had a massive gear disadvantage xD I dont think I would ever lose with a Duskblade that even outgears the enemy. That is not possible. Also, please don't compare soulburn to Shackle. Soublburn isnt even compareable and SIGNIFICANTLY weaker than Shackle in any way.
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    You again, underestimate those skills so hard...man. When will you gain actual PvP experience and get away from this ridiculously, inaccurate theory-crafting?

    So you tell me. When an endgame cleric debuffs a Duskblade with Shackle and he could get 6k of damage EVERYTIME he uses any sort of Attack for 1 minute then explain to me how that cant be a massive thread? If you're lucky you can perform 7 skills then you are dead. Good luck killing a Shield'ed, Ulti'ed cleric with such a low amount of skills used while the cleric can still break out (purify spell or genie), disable your charm and ofc DD on you as well. Whatcha gonna do? Kite for 1 Minute? Just to get debuffed with the next SoG again? GG WP.

    You really give me the impression that you never have fought any decent player ever and only had fights in your dreamworld. Good players wont let you do this, wont let you do that. Sure. there are ways around it. But those ways also have a huge risk/cost to it that also can be exploited. Like if you use faith in SoG to avoid Shackle then I can sleep you afterwards no problem and start an Occult Ice combo on you while you're absolutely defenseless, thats an example. Being able to predict your enemies moves is what makes a trully skilled player.

    PS: Sure ETERNITY isnt the best DB around, he gets better tho, but I had a massive gear disadvantage xD I dont think I would ever lose with a Duskblade that even outgears the enemy. That is not possible. Also, please don't compare soulburn to Shackle. Soublburn isnt even compareable and SIGNIFICANTLY weaker than Shackle in any way.

    And this is why people like you with no experience shouldn't post.

    Shackle deals magic atk as a phys DoT, no skill passive, no metal mastery, no bonus damage. If you have to triple spark and spend genie energy to hit 6k a tick. That leaves you defenseless after that. And again you'd need to have the initiative and SoG the DB for that.
    Shackle only has 30% chance proc rate. Where is all that whining about skills with a chance never procing for you ? :) They always proc to back up your theories. o:) That makes your 6k hit, a 6k every 3 skills in average.
    The DB can also just reduce the amount of hits he does to take less dmg from shackle and just use control skills.
    If he's taking too much he has stealth and umbral and can reset everything with ulti lol. Oh wait you don't want to use ulti on your DB that's why you lose to clerics :D:D:D
    And if you can't just lock clerics out of plume shell it's your own lack of skills ;)
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Like I said. Pure theory crafter. the things you say are so far off of realtiy that its insane thinking about the possibility that you could actually believe what you say yourself.

    You are a typical Rekko by your logic cause all you seem to imply is "I overgear any cleric anyway so they die within 3 hits" just WTF man. WTF! An equally geared endgame cleric with 40k+ pdef and 27k HP SELFBUFFED is not 3 hit under any circumstances. You have guardian light, pious blessing, winged shell, Plume shell, heals and all that jazz to stay alive and ofc genie and Apo. The delusion is real with you. Are you expecting to fight only vs the biggest nub clerics or just clerics that are undergeared? Holy ballz.

    Also, demon spirits gift (sage is garbage for 1v1 and thus I dont even care about it) raises the base magic attack of an endgame cleric to over 80k easily. That combined with a dimensional seal + mire'ed Shackle is enough to produce on avg 6k ticks on endgame duskblades. Anyone underestimates debuffs and you are also naive, clueless, dumb (pick one) if you think that this alone kills a db. Sure, with luck it could. But it's just an addition to all the other nice things clerics can do to the Duskblade that I've already mentioned. get 30k+ Healing blocked within 3 seconds cast time max and try to get a charm tick in. GL.

    PS: Yes, using the ultimate skill of Duskblades can still be considered unfair and is cowardly in my Eyes. I never needed it to fight clerics and I have never lost to any cleric with my Duskblade. I dont have respect towards any duskblade that has to resort to using ulti in an equally geared fight. Heck even with a gear disadvantage its only OK vs sins and other dbs (if they are using the ulti too!!!). But I guess, some players are just too bad and need the ulti. Oh well.
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Like I said. Pure theory crafter. the things you say are so far off of realtiy that its insane thinking about the possibility that you could actually believe what you say yourself.

    You are a typical Rekko by your logic cause all you seem to imply is "I overgear any cleric anyway so they die within 3 hits" just WTF man. WTF! An equally geared endgame cleric with 40k+ pdef and 27k HP SELFBUFFED is not 3 hit under any circumstances. You have guardian light, pious blessing, winged shell, Plume shell, heals and all that jazz to stay alive and ofc genie and Apo. The delusion is real with you. Are you expecting to fight only vs the biggest nub clerics or just clerics that are undergeared? Holy ballz.

    Also, demon spirits gift (sage is garbage for 1v1 and thus I dont even care about it) raises the base magic attack of an endgame cleric to over 80k easily. That combined with a dimensional seal + mire'ed Shackle is enough to produce on avg 6k ticks on endgame duskblades. Anyone underestimates debuffs and you are also naive, clueless, dumb (pick one) if you think that this alone kills a db. Sure, with luck it could. But it's just an addition to all the other nice things clerics can do to the Duskblade that I've already mentioned. get 30k+ Healing blocked within 3 seconds cast time max and try to get a charm tick in. GL.

    PS: Yes, using the ultimate skill of Duskblades can still be considered unfair and is cowardly in my Eyes. I never needed it to fight clerics and I have never lost to any cleric with my Duskblade. I dont have respect towards any duskblade that has to resort to using ulti in an equally geared fight. Heck even with a gear disadvantage its only OK vs sins and other dbs (if they are using the ulti too!!!). But I guess, some players are just too bad and need the ulti. Oh well.

    Your grudge against DBs from other servers are funny. Did Rekko own you that bad in x server events ? :D

    I'm only talking about equal gear situations, not overgeared or undergeared. All the clerics survival skills you mentionned can only be used if you aren't locked and guess what DBs are good at. A non-deity DB damage is enough to kill 27k HP and 40k pdef. Seems to me you are the theory crafter. You think you have so many skills to survive that can make you unable to die to a duskblade by in practice a good DB won't let you use them. It all comes back to the fact DB has the initiative and better control skills over cleric in 1v1.

    You evaluate class balance by factoring all they can do. If your psychological condition and religious beliefs forbid you to use a skill like DB ulti and make you think an OP class is not OP, it just means you need treatment and that class is still OP.
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    When have I said that Duskblades are not OP? xD rofl, actually I said I never lost a single fight with my dusk vs significantly better geared clerics ever and I didnt even break a sweat. Those clerics were bad tho or at most average. No specific genie, hence they've been just prey.

    Why do you think I dont want people to use Dusks ulti and why I dont use it? Because the class is OP enough as it is and yes, if done right a dusk also has the edge over a cleric, as long as the cleric dies within the standard CC possibilities a dusk has. Which is why I wont fight dusks selfbuffed anymore? Giving them a 100% save win cause they know they can kill you by just spamming para combos in reaper form is dumb. Plain and simple stupid. Fighting a at least SoD buffed caster forces the Duskblade to play strategically, use CDs for foresight, time Disarm well since purify can **** you over hard and are forced to play very well in general to win.

    I've already evaluated that you are against any kind of balancing and want easy and cheap kills so GG. If thats your playstyle then you should roll a max geared sin for the ultimate cheap, no-skilled kills possible. If the cleric can survive through a DBs Para combos then the Cleric has a good chance to win the fight, same goes for any other class. But gg, any dumbass can Quadrature -> force genie then turn into reaper form, Saeber beads -> Blinking -> Grief combo -> delayed Strigimorphic combo -> Nightstalker -> Shadow prey -> Motionless. GG if the target dies from that. Does that require any sort of playerskill? Nope. Sorry to burst your bubble...but if you can kill someone that easily then there surely is no balance in the fight.
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    When have I said that Duskblades are not OP? xD rofl, actually I said I never lost a single fight with my dusk vs significantly better geared clerics ever and I didnt even break a sweat. Those clerics were bad tho or at most average. No specific genie, hence they've been just prey.

    Why do you think I dont want people to use Dusks ulti and why I dont use it? Because the class is OP enough as it is and yes, if done right a dusk also has the edge over a cleric, as long as the cleric dies within the standard CC possibilities a dusk has. Which is why I wont fight dusks selfbuffed anymore? Giving them a 100% save win cause they know they can kill you by just spamming para combos in reaper form is dumb. Plain and simple stupid. Fighting a at least SoD buffed caster forces the Duskblade to play strategically, use CDs for foresight, time Disarm well since purify can **** you over hard and are forced to play very well in general to win.

    I've already evaluated that you are against any kind of balancing and want easy and cheap kills so GG. If thats your playstyle then you should roll a max geared sin for the ultimate cheap, no-skilled kills possible. If the cleric can survive through a DBs Para combos then the Cleric has a good chance to win the fight, same goes for any other class. But gg, any dumbass can Quadrature -> force genie then turn into reaper form, Saeber beads -> Blinking -> Grief combo -> delayed Strigimorphic combo -> Nightstalker -> Shadow prey -> Motionless. GG if the target dies from that. Does that require any sort of playerskill? Nope. Sorry to burst your bubble...but if you can kill someone that easily then there surely is no balance in the fight.

    You don't get to decide the rules of the game. Only the devs do that. If they decided to give DBs their ulti, then the DB players can use it at will and the class is OP and beat clerics in 1on1. Have you ever met any duskblade that said : "I don't use my ulti because Joe said it's not fair". Everyone uses it and laughs at you. :D
    Do you have as much concern when you 1 shot undergeared chars in NW or TW ? :| because it's an even more unfair situation.

    Go make a sin and refuse to use tidal and CJ then go spam the forums to explain that a sin that doesn't use tidal and CJ is underpowered. :D:D:D
    Don't use your psychological problems to rebalance the game in your head. Reality is reality.
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Sh*tposting at the speed of light.Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    tiger-9.gif can't you 2 take your pvp nonsense into your wall posts or something
    Why isn't PM a thing on this forum​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    When have I said that Duskblades are not OP? xD rofl, actually I said I never lost a single fight with my dusk vs significantly better geared clerics ever and I didnt even break a sweat. Those clerics were bad tho or at most average. No specific genie, hence they've been just prey.

    Why do you think I dont want people to use Dusks ulti and why I dont use it? Because the class is OP enough as it is and yes, if done right a dusk also has the edge over a cleric, as long as the cleric dies within the standard CC possibilities a dusk has. Which is why I wont fight dusks selfbuffed anymore? Giving them a 100% save win cause they know they can kill you by just spamming para combos in reaper form is dumb. Plain and simple stupid. Fighting a at least SoD buffed caster forces the Duskblade to play strategically, use CDs for foresight, time Disarm well since purify can **** you over hard and are forced to play very well in general to win.

    I've already evaluated that you are against any kind of balancing and want easy and cheap kills so GG. If thats your playstyle then you should roll a max geared sin for the ultimate cheap, no-skilled kills possible. If the cleric can survive through a DBs Para combos then the Cleric has a good chance to win the fight, same goes for any other class. But gg, any dumbass can Quadrature -> force genie then turn into reaper form, Saeber beads -> Blinking -> Grief combo -> delayed Strigimorphic combo -> Nightstalker -> Shadow prey -> Motionless. GG if the target dies from that. Does that require any sort of playerskill? Nope. Sorry to burst your bubble...but if you can kill someone that easily then there surely is no balance in the fight.

    You don't get to decide the rules of the game. Only the devs do that. If they decided to give DBs their ulti, then the DB players can use it at will and the class is OP and beat clerics in 1on1. Have you ever met any duskblade that said : "I don't use my ulti because Joe said it's not fair". Everyone uses it and laughs at you. :D
    Do you have as much concern when you 1 shot undergeared chars in NW or TW ? :| because it's an even more unfair situation.

    Go make a sin and refuse to use tidal and CJ then go spam the forums to explain that a sin that doesn't use tidal and CJ is underpowered. :D:D:D
    Don't use your psychological problems to rebalance the game in your head. Reality is reality.

    Do you think I feel great OSing low geared players? Lol, thats another reason why I dislike mass cause its mostly an overkill on one or the other side. Really balanced mass-pvp is so rare...Sure, as a sb, running through a crowd, tab-oneshotting loads of people while walking by them is fun. For 3 seconds. then it gets pretty stale.

    The point is..you argue that I am bad when I am nerfing myself and still win most of my 1on1s with a disadvantage compared to people that use every advantage possible and still get wrecked many times. Where is the sense in that? I want challanges. Being uberbroken, leaving no chances to people whatsoever is not a challange. thats a clowns show. The very meaning of it. When I think something is imbalanced and most people even agree on that but people could balance it themselves by just not using it...why am I the one thats being disturbed or delusional? I'm just working towards fairness. How dare you acting as if being fair is something bad? wtf?! Devs dont deceide any rule btw, players do. Just because something is possible doesnt mean you do it, right? Naturally, it would be possible going out and killing as many people as you want. Are you doing that just cause nature gave you the ability to do so? Just saying.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Also, demon spirits gift (sage is garbage for 1v1 and thus I dont even care about it) raises the base magic attack of an endgame cleric to over 80k easily.

    I sure hope you're talking about just sage spirit's gift (semi-moot anyway due to sage magic shell) because, seriously, sage is the 1v1 culti for clerics. Sure you can still kill **** like archers, psychics, and seekers if you're demon culti, but you just do not have the proper chi gain for extended 1v1 fights in comparison to sage.

    also, lol. trip spark->pray for shackle is pretty much desperation strat vs. OP classes/people that heavily outgear you. like man, **** CUCU used to do that to kill Wytche when Wytche was like one of four people on the server with full r9rr.​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    chary wrote: »
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Also, demon spirits gift (sage is garbage for 1v1 and thus I dont even care about it) raises the base magic attack of an endgame cleric to over 80k easily.

    I sure hope you're talking about just sage spirit's gift (semi-moot anyway due to sage magic shell) because, seriously, sage is the 1v1 culti for clerics. Sure you can still kill **** like archers, psychics, and seekers if you're demon culti, but you just do not have the proper chi gain for extended 1v1 fights in comparison to sage.

    also, lol. trip spark->pray for shackle is pretty much desperation strat vs. OP classes/people that heavily outgear you. like man, **** CUCU used to do that to kill Wytche when Wytche was like one of four people on the server with full r9rr.​​

    I wouldnt call it desperate, I would call it taking everything you have to good use xD esp LA classes are still very vulnerable to debuffs since they mostly are pure DEX built with only small amounts of vit/str/mag.

    You see, I would disagree. I never just chose the culti in terms of which can sustain chi the longest and rather chose the culti that has more damage potential and that one definitly goes to demon. Sure the debuff from thunder crash isnt too massive, but it helps vs very tanky HA classes. Spirits gift and thunder are a massive deal for 1v1s as you can use both of them nearly constantly. Also the meta for 1v1 changed significantly with homestead since you can easily prevent any classes charm from ticking entirely. Only rarely could a fight be prolonged as much as it used to back in the day. Which is why Chi management is kinda ok for demon clerics as well.

    Only duskblades are a real problem for Clerics if they deal too much damage, same goes for sins (which are alot easier to handle tho). A max gear cleric should be able to beat any other class in a 1v1, especially caster, with the exception of other clerics and mystics since their heals kinda negate the arrays (btw cleric vs cleric is just lol xD).

    The Cleric class became really really strong and its no suprise that they got kinda skipped this update. Next update tho...holy moly...if ya wanna go for full metal mage builds..(as I surely will try) you are going to have loads of fun and new possibilities xD Good thing that you can switch between rune setup depending on how you wanna play.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    More damage potential goes to sage because you get chi more freely and thus can actually trip spark to down people. You cannot bomb your chi like that on demon without serious repercussions. You just don't generate enough back.​​
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    Eoria is a far better cleric than this nub Joe who just played a cleric for 2 days and thinks he can play the class better than veterans.
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Well, so far I've always been demon and I've beat any sage cleric in a direct 1v1 so far and you are mistaken alot. Cleric was my first class in PWI and I have played it on and off ever since the game started.

    The difference between sage and demon clerics is actually pretty slim. I always liked that purify has no chi cost in demon, the extra attack boost and ofc the metal debuff, the pdef increase on stream (for support only tho) and back in the day I even liked that the disadvantage of the seals are lower/not existant for demons. Hardly makes a difference now..but I still prefer demon. VS classes that cant put much preassure on you it doesnt matter. You will win anyways. Vs classes that are always on your butt CCing you it will matter not as well since the chi advantage wont be noticable there due to the inability to cast the majority of skills. Even if so..the chi difference still isnt that huge.

    Besides, I am nearly 100% a 1v1 player. As you mostly cant afford to trip spark in a 1v1 anyways I hardly notice the chi difference. However, I notice the metal debuff and the nice increase in magic attack. Sage has no damage advantage whatsoever and tho it might seem minor it helps alot depending on the class you are fighting against :)
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    I mean...45 chi per cast on Sage Wield is enormous. You pretty much get your chi back in no time and can exercise a lot more pressure than you can on demon. This has been my experience and the experience of those that switched to sage for 1v1 purposes.​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @eoria ya Eo, but dont forget that the meta also changed quite a bit. You dont need that much chi anymore for most situations. I just evaluated that the chi gain does not bring more benefits to my gameplay in most situations compared to the damage gain a demon cleric provides. I agree, it is very situational for clerics but dont forget, I am also playing very aggressive on my cleric. Heck, I am very agressive on all my chars. I am not the safety guy. Most people play safe hence I can catch them off guard very often with my offense. Sometimes people even panic faith'ed/Ad'ed in Sog just to avoid shackle and/or sleep which often resulted in them to be slept anyways with 0 defenses left xDD

    For clerics its not as clear cut to say whats better for pvp in terms of culti. Either way, clerics are a force to be reckoned with especially in the current meta. Any implication about clerics being weak are not justified as clerics are very very strong. No doubt to that.
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @eoria ya Eo, but dont forget that the meta also changed quite a bit. You dont need that much chi anymore for most situations. I just evaluated that the chi gain does not bring more benefits to my gameplay in most situations compared to the damage gain a demon cleric provides. I agree, it is very situational for clerics but dont forget, I am also playing very aggressive on my cleric. Heck, I am very agressive on all my chars. I am not the safety guy. Most people play safe hence I can catch them off guard very often with my offense. Sometimes people even panic faith'ed/Ad'ed in Sog just to avoid shackle and/or sleep which often resulted in them to be slept anyways with 0 defenses left xDD

    For clerics its not as clear cut to say whats better for pvp in terms of culti. Either way, clerics are a force to be reckoned with especially in the current meta. Any implication about clerics being weak are not justified as clerics are very very strong. No doubt to that.

    Here you say you don't need chi on a cleric and a few posts ago you explain your only way to beat a DB is SoG triple spark shackle. Nice logic :|
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @eoria ya Eo, but dont forget that the meta also changed quite a bit. You dont need that much chi anymore for most situations. I just evaluated that the chi gain does not bring more benefits to my gameplay in most situations compared to the damage gain a demon cleric provides. I agree, it is very situational for clerics but dont forget, I am also playing very aggressive on my cleric. Heck, I am very agressive on all my chars. I am not the safety guy. Most people play safe hence I can catch them off guard very often with my offense. Sometimes people even panic faith'ed/Ad'ed in Sog just to avoid shackle and/or sleep which often resulted in them to be slept anyways with 0 defenses left xDD

    For clerics its not as clear cut to say whats better for pvp in terms of culti. Either way, clerics are a force to be reckoned with especially in the current meta. Any implication about clerics being weak are not justified as clerics are very very strong. No doubt to that.

    Here you say you don't need chi on a cleric and a few posts ago you explain your only way to beat a DB is SoG triple spark shackle. Nice logic :|

    oh come on. Go back to your preschool ffs. You dont understand the meaning of examples do you. That is a possible way to put alot of preassure on a dusk if you have no other means.

    I am getting a bit tired of exploiting your stupidity again and again and again. Are you even able to think before you write something? Does it hurt? Damn sure it does.
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @eoria ya Eo, but dont forget that the meta also changed quite a bit. You dont need that much chi anymore for most situations. I just evaluated that the chi gain does not bring more benefits to my gameplay in most situations compared to the damage gain a demon cleric provides. I agree, it is very situational for clerics but dont forget, I am also playing very aggressive on my cleric. Heck, I am very agressive on all my chars. I am not the safety guy. Most people play safe hence I can catch them off guard very often with my offense. Sometimes people even panic faith'ed/Ad'ed in Sog just to avoid shackle and/or sleep which often resulted in them to be slept anyways with 0 defenses left xDD

    For clerics its not as clear cut to say whats better for pvp in terms of culti. Either way, clerics are a force to be reckoned with especially in the current meta. Any implication about clerics being weak are not justified as clerics are very very strong. No doubt to that.

    Here you say you don't need chi on a cleric and a few posts ago you explain your only way to beat a DB is SoG triple spark shackle. Nice logic :|

    oh come on. Go back to your preschool ffs. You dont understand the meaning of examples do you. That is a possible way to put alot of preassure on a dusk if you have no other means.

    I am getting a bit tired of exploiting your stupidity again and again and again. Are you even able to think before you write something? Does it hurt? Damn sure it does.

    You have no other mean to put pressure on a dusk on your cleric. So that's not an example. It's the only way you have found. Even with that the dusk still have the advantage.

    You played cleric for 2 days and think you can outplay experienced clerics like Eoria. Go back to losing on your barb. :D
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I have not lost a single Match in existence on equal gears. Never. Ever. Vs no one. Heck, not even vs Duskblades and Sins.

    I already told you that cleric was my main. Why do you even compare other clerics to me and especially why Eo? She doesnt even 1v1 ffs. Nearly no other cleric does but everyone wants to talk about it. Weird.

    Besides, thats not about Eo, it's about your limited PoV. Don't drag others down to you. You are alone in this. Like always.
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    I have not lost a single Match in existence on equal gears. Never. Ever. Vs no one. Heck, not even vs Duskblades and Sins.

    I already told you that cleric was my main. Why do you even compare other clerics to me and especially why Eo? She doesnt even 1v1 ffs. Nearly no other cleric does but everyone wants to talk about it. Weird.

    Besides, thats not about Eo, it's about your limited PoV. Don't drag others down to you. You are alone in this. Like always.

    You lost to Batyeena, archer vs archer, with similar gear.

    I compared you to Eo because you disagreed with her while she was right and you were wrong as always. :)
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016