Skill Glyph System in the next expansion

Comments

• booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Meh once again bms got silly skill updates but I guess I cant complain we got disarm roar and paralyze but it would be nice to get something actually good on other skills
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I already know exactly what Runes imma pick, Im so excited, I think this new expansion is really gonna change the playstyle of certain classes, including my own!!!

Ferocious Leap
    Rune 4 : This one i couldn't translate .

Ocean's Edge
    Rune 4 : This one is couldn't translate.

Army Crusher
    Rune 4 : Can't translate this one ( its the exactly same effect on the others that i couldn't translate.)

Drake's Ray
    Rune 4 : The same Effect i can't translate again.

Blade Tornado

Rune 4 : Now it gives a Movement Buff of 20/30/40/50 %.

Heaven's Flame

Rune 4 : If u use Drake's Breath Bash within 6 Seconds after Heaven's flame , increase the Weapon fire Damage buff by 20/35/50/100 %

Glacial Spike
    Rune 4 : if u use Drake's Breath Bash within next 6 Seconds, it will make the target receive an amplify damage effect of 20/30/40/50 %

Sword's Myriad Stance
    Rune 4: If u use Drake's Breath Bash within next 6 Seconds, Reduce chi cost by 80/120/160/200.

Drake's Breath Bash
    This one doesnt really matter, I dont use Drake's Breath Bash.
  • bboycraze
    bboycraze Posts: 38 Arc User
    @dingo488 hmm are you absolutely certain about Ocean's Edge tho? Rune 4 seems more suited to Drake's Ray fo sho, but Ocean's Edge?
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    Come to think of it, this skill could've been better if flight speed is added :( , Cleric is an elf which at the beginning together with archer got Flying mastery passive, how come it doesn't get any advantage when up there, even Psychic which is of water origin has a skill to boost fly speed. Wizard which is of land origin got a teleportation skill that works in the air as well, and they even added STEALTH to it, wtf. Where's the logic in that. Archers got leaps that works when flying too, and stealth. So cleric's gtfo skill is crippled, it has a trade-off too. Come on devs ! Give cleric stealth or a full fledged skill to escape.

Plume Shell: Sage+demon effects combined.
    Rune 5- Can only be cast in VD. Increases movement speed and flight speed by 100% for 4s (level 1-4), 6s (level 5-7), 8s (level 8-9), 10s (level 10).

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    @eirghan I wouldnt say sage and demon becpmr obsolete completely. Take Stormbringer as an example. All the advantages Sage had over demon will be avaible for demons as well now. Demon still have 4 non-minor skills that are definitly way better in demon which kinda only makes sage completely obsolete for storms (cept if you wanna have trip spark dmg reduction over anything else). Other classes like Barb stays the same as well even tho I agree that it becomes less important which culti you chose. Its all in the details by then..still that doesnt mean that it males no difference. It still depends on how you wanna play.
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    So do runes remove previous skill effects?
    Say you have a skill which currently gives you a 80% chance at a stun, with the stun lasting 5 seconds.
    Now you rune it for a guaranteed 3 seconds stun.

The end result would be that the initial effect is removed, or that they stack? Meaning that in 80% of cases you would stun the target for 8 seconds, and in the rest of 20% the stun would only last 3 seconds?
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • aznxboirich
    aznxboirich Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Is the translation for the 5th rune that gives certain Venomancer skills 50% more base damage as direct damage correct? I highly doubt it gives that as an add on to damage formula. It's so much better than most other runes good even if that 50% base damage cannot 'crit' like a direct damage tick/proc like DoT damage. Doesn't makes sense that the 5th rune would be that good when the 1st rune only adds 100% weapon damage at max level for certain skill/s.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    My only gripe is the paralyze for sins otherwise I like this
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    Is the translation for the 5th rune that gives certain Venomancer skills 50% more base damage as direct damage correct? I highly doubt it gives that as an add on to damage formula. It's so much better than most other runes good even if that 50% base damage cannot 'crit' like a direct damage tick/proc like DoT damage. Doesn't makes sense that the 5th rune would be that good when the 1st rune only adds 100% weapon damage at max level for certain skill/s.

Yeah, veno 5th rune is really weird, I cannot wrap my head around it, we'll have to wait and see exactly how it works.
    DeffyNature
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    @jsxshadow yeah that was the same point i was making in my last comment, and that people may switch culties based on that info now.

Storyline wise it kinda sucks. Theres this huge important moral decision your character makes and in the end it seems like meh well lets embrace both sides after all. Bleh.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    It seems I accidentally removed the ?s when I edited the Venomancer translations the other day. I added them again now.
    Anything with ? is likely to be missing information or it might be misinterpreted. We'll have to wait and see what rune 5 is really about. Perhaps, some Chinese players might upload some videos so we can take a look. Otherwise, we wait until 2017. monkey-2.gif

​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »
    @jsxshadow yeah that was the same point i was making in my last comment, and that people may switch culties based on that info now.

Storyline wise it kinda sucks. Theres this huge important moral decision your character makes and in the end it seems like meh well lets embrace both sides after all. Bleh.

I imagine we have exodus of sage archers into demon with the coming skill combinations. There just will be no reason to stay sage as demon will gain access to sage stun, which was the main selling point of sage. The skills, which demon have over sage will be LS ((You wont rune it, never missing is massive against LAs), BoA, Feather Armageddon(Free def charm each cast with 6s CD), The only thing left for sage is marginal extra max hp debuff on STA and Frost Arrow if you havent upgraded it into Frost Splash, which are basically no factors.

Ps. I have to admit, extra chi on QS will be something I aim waiting for as while I personally dont struggle with chi in mass PK, its still pretty neat to have more of it. .
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • mymbarb
    mymbarb Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    It seems I accidentally removed the ?s when I edited the Venomancer translations the other day. I added them again now.
    Anything with ? is likely to be missing information or it might be misinterpreted. We'll have to wait and see what rune 5 is really about. Perhaps, some Chinese players might upload some videos so we can take a look. Otherwise, we wait until 2017. monkey-2.gif

​​

I just took a look at rune 5 of Venomous Scarab and I'm decently sure it works like this:

The damage becomes a DoT for 15 seconds instead of immediate damage and can stack up to 10 times.
    (This DoT damage has the chance of 2x critical rate to deal 1.5x damage per tick.)
    The rune effect now deals 20/30/40/50% of that DoT damage instantly when cast and the rest over time still.

I'm not chinese, so it might not be 100% correct, but it definitely becomes a DoT skill.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »
    eirghan wrote: »

I imagine we have exodus of sage archers into demon with the coming skill combinations. There just will be no reason to stay sage as demon will gain access to sage stun, which was the main selling point of sage. The skills, which demon have over sage will be LS ((You wont rune it, never missing is massive against LAs), BoA, Feather Armageddon(Free def charm each cast with 6s CD), The only thing left for sage is marginal extra max hp debuff on STA and Frost Arrow if you havent upgraded it into Frost Splash, which are basically no factors.

Ps. I have to admit, extra chi on QS will be something I aim waiting for as while I personally dont struggle with chi in mass PK, its still pretty neat to have more of it. .

I'm not too sure about that. True, my current playstyle would really benefit alot from Demon Feather since I am spamming the shet out of that skill (for obvious reasons) but I kinda hate to lose my precious debuffs on Eagleon. I know..the cost is enourmous but in some situations thats just the icing on the cake especially vs HA when stacked with the metal debuff). Other than the obvious Master Li's and the trip spark defense I have to admit that there is no reason to stay sage by that time. Tough choice but I will most likely stay Sage anyways. Losing the chi gain from Feather is not worth the extra defense imho but since I mainly focus on 1v1 and you easily end up in longer fights with an archer I'd say that the chi gain is more important. We'll see.

Besides, I dont think LS will be stripped off its 100% accuracy. Maybe they just forgot to add it. I really wanna have all of those skills as chargeables. Just the possibility to spam them out as if I had perma ZTP on appears to be very broken and if ya got the time let it charge for extra damage. Would massively suck if it loses the accu tho ._.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    mymbarb wrote: »

I just took a look at rune 5 of Venomous Scarab and I'm decently sure it works like this:

The damage becomes a DoT for 15 seconds instead of immediate damage and can stack up to 10 times.
    (This DoT damage has the chance of 2x critical rate to deal 1.5x damage per tick.)
    The rune effect now deals 20/30/40/50% of that DoT damage instantly when cast and the rest over time still.

I'm not chinese, so it might not be 100% correct, but it definitely becomes a DoT skill.

That's what I'm thinking as well, but I'll take it with a grain of salt until proper confirmation.​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Stacked DOT class would be kind of amazing... Honestly surprised that PWI hasn't had something along these lines already since its really popular in other games. I guess nix was sort of an OP dot thing back in the day so this would be kind of staying true to the veno's history of OP DOT and debuff class​​
  • monarchwiggins
    monarchwiggins Posts: 11 Arc User
    Hmm not sure if this was answered or not, but is the skill effect you get based on which rune you put on it? which means you can only get rune 1 skill effects for 1 skill the other 4 skills you choose would have to use rune effects 2-5, is that how it works?

Also with combining sage and demon is that all skills or just the 5 skills you choose?
  • hogwarts123
    hogwarts123 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Hmm not sure if this was answered or not, but is the skill effect you get based on which rune you put on it? which means you can only get rune 1 skill effects for 1 skill the other 4 skills you choose would have to use rune effects 2-5, is that how it works?

Also with combining sage and demon is that all skills or just the 5 skills you choose?
    The new effects come from learning the new cultivation skills( I believe there are 10 new upgraded skill books per class), after that they should act and look similar no matter what level the rune is.

• lv100togekiss
    lv100togekiss Posts: 39 Arc User
    I am curious as to the cap of sin's CP as well. At 18 CP, Knife Throw would become a full aoe. And if is still 35 meters, would be an insane skill. Same with Cursed Jail. Depending on cap will lean me towards which rune.
  • agol12
    agol12 Posts: 15 Arc User
    china devs simply dont understand how broken the new addon is gonna be, with our powercreep
  • mymbarb
    I'm pretty sure from looking at the skills that CP will max out at 6.

The Inner Harmony rune gives instant 5CP, so almost full.

Cursed Jail would be a max of 6 second paralyze to complement exactly its stun duration.

The stealths are 17% chance per CP used, so 6CP would be a certain stealth (6x17%=102%).

These are just my speculations, but seem the most reasonable for me.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    People are complaining to me about the BM translation being incomplete...
    Feel free to go and do a new translation if it's needed.
    I'm not actually able to translate any better than anyone else who uses machine translation.

Are there any skills where having an in-game screenshot of the skill description would be helpful? Sometimes the text has placeholder values ("?") that you need to see in game to see the actual value.
    ​​
  • mymbarb
    I only looked at the BM 2 spark skills, but those were complete. Might take a look at the others tomorrow then.

Is it the skills in general or only a certain part of them that's being complained about?
  • alphalordking
    alphalordking Posts: 29 Arc User
    bboycraze wrote: »
    Tidal Force - Demon + Sage combined

@bboycraze Hey, first I just wanted to say, nice job doing this translations B) . I just wanted to help a bit with this Info, and I found that the skill you say is Tidal Force, it's actually Frigid Thunder.

Also I think some specific Runes are just a bit incorrect.

For example:
    -*Frigid Thunder* Rune 4 works with 2 Ice + 1 Thunder instead of 2 Thunder + 1 Ice like it's Rune 3 effect.
    -*Lunar Surge* Rune 4 also works with 2 Ice + 1 Thunder instead of 2 Thunder + 1 Ice like Rune 3.
    All other runes appear to be correct.

Also I think I can help a bit with Moonblade. So I'll try using your already translated version and put it together with what I think is the correct effect. I hope that's ok o:) .

So here it goes:

Moonblade
    Range 27 meters
    Channel 1.1 seconds
    Cast 2.1 seconds
    Cooldown 15.0 seconds
    Weapon Scythe, Unarmed

Attacks the enemy 4 times, dealing base magic damage plus 250% weapon damage plus 10859 Metal and Water Damage. The first attack has a 25% chance to increase the damage the target takes by 30% for 5 seconds. The fourth attack has a 25% chance to Heal you for 12% of your base magic damage plus 1303 Health.

Cost 50 Chi.

When transformed, Cooldown is reduced to 6 seconds.
    Without Charges: The damage increasing effect chance is increased to 100%.
    Having at least 1 Thunder Charge and 1 Ice Charge increases the healing effect chance to 100%.
    If you have 1 Thunder Charge more than Ice Charge (2 Thunder + 1 Ice I think(?)) the damage increasing effect chance is increased to 100%.
    If you have 1 Ice Charge more than Thunder Charge (2 Ice + 1 Thunder I think(?)) then the Healing effect chance is increased to 100%.

My thoughts are that now you get to choose, depending on your charges during Reaper, which Moonblade effect you want to make guaranteed. Still this is only my attempt at translating this skill, but it's somewhat difficult.

Also Rune 2 for Moonblade it's exactly what it seems.

Rune 2
    -Irrespective of charges, transforming increases the chances for both, the First and Fourth attack effects to 100%.
    Level 1-4: When not transformed, the First and Fourth attack effect chances are increased to 35%.
    Level 5-7: When not transformed, the First and Fourth attack effect chances are increased to 40%.
    Level 8-9: When not transformed, the First and Fourth attack effect chances are increased to 45%.
    Level 10: When not transformed, the First and Fourth attack effect chances are increased to 50%.

That's the best I could try.

PD: *That Rune 2 sure sounds amazing <3*
    Total_Calm - 105 / 101 / 101 - [ ψ The Blue-Eyed Demon ψ ]
  • kuglepen
    kuglepen Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    x
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    People are complaining to me about the BM translation being incomplete...
    Feel free to go and do a new translation if it's needed.
    ​​

Not complaining about them being incomplete, the whole joke is that all the skills that have been translated are so terrible that Im about ready to take anything thats not one of those things, even without knowing what its gonna be -_-''