Anyone else find the new Pumkin Daily just horrible ?

Options
tolots
tolots Posts: 103 Arc User
10 minutes to grow a pumpkin
If you not exactly in the right place the seed just disapear without spawning a pumpkin
If you do something else and exeed the 10 minutes too much the pumkin also disapear
Havn't tested yet if your pumkin also disapear if you go back to normal world or in story mode.
If you log out or get a disconnect the pumpkin seem to disapear too , at least a friend told me
this happend to him but i havn't confirmed this by myself.

Not saying the quest is broken or hard but its boring and promote passive standing around 10 minutes in front of a pumpkin. For some reason i really dislike this quest because it feels incomplete and too many ways to fail it.

Comments

• bosk
    bosk Posts: 33 Arc User
    Options
    I have similar issues with the Novice Construction Quest in the Homestead. When you take it, you port to some spot outside a small village and the quest pops up. You only have a few seconds to accept the quest or the quest fails. More than once the time for the transition screen to load has been longer than the time allowed to accept the quest (true my computer is a bit old, but still, we are only talking a few seconds here). Then, when you auto-path to the NPC you need to visit, if you happen to look away from the screen for too long and do not click on the end popup right away, you fail the quest at that end as well.

These types of quest are very boring and annoying, but tolots is right in that they are not broken. It would be nice if there was something else to do during the quest or there were no timers.

Cheers!
  • spatz1993
    spatz1993 Posts: 42 Arc User
    Options
    You can go to story mode and do 1-2 other dailies meanwhile, but yeah have to rush back to dig it in time :/
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    Not having any problem with the pumpkin quest.

1. Do first part of Raccoon Alliance Pact, travel to Tree Raccoon Village, dig the RA Pact
    2. Set the pumpkin in the field
    3. Turn in RA Pact
    4. Do Liu Soo quest
    5. Do Heroic Warsong quest
    6. Go back to Tree Raccoon and your pumpkin is ready.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Options
    I set the pumpkin, joined a group to do BHAEU, and during light/dark phase left instance to harvest the pumpkin, then zoned back into AEU to get BH credit for Aurogon...no one really noticed anything because they were all half afk. So yeah you can do whatever you want while waiting for the pumpkin to harvest.
  • ninjakitchenrulr
    ninjakitchenrulr Posts: 70 Arc User
    Options
    The 10 minute wait is annoying. Other than that it's fine