New expansion glitches/bugs, etc - Here we go

Options
2»

Comments

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Options
    I've noticed that the "display" option for minions doesn't seem to do anything. I don't see the requested minion anywhere in the arena or elsewhere in the homestead. I see the ones I've deployed, but not the display one.

To the person who asked about elements on minions - it doesn't work like mobs. Every differing element has an advantage or disadvantage, but all it does is expand the traditional mechanics (vs. mobs) by one step. So if your enemy minion is Earth, you'd obviously be better with a Wood minion and worse with a Water minion. However you'd also be at an advantage with a Metal minion, and you'd be at a disadvantage with a Fire minion. To give another, more simplified example:

Mob mechanics:
    Metal - strong vs. Wood; weak vs. Fire

Minion mechanics:
    Metal - strong vs. Wood, Earth; weak vs. Fire, Water

So if your enemy has a lot of Water and Fire minions up, for instance, you'd do well to put up Earth minions as your guards as they'd have advantage over both.

I found this weird too but they are there, not inside the arena (where you'd expect them to be) but on top of the gate wall :| yep, put one on display and look at the top of the gate while flying xD Kinda dumb imo... but yeah

Mr. Justice
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    Options
    In that case, can I just rant for a moment about the size of the damn arena? The thing is ridiculously huge and its rotation point is in the center, meaning you can't put it on the farthest edge of your space like with the garden/paradise. I have mostly 2x2 homesteads and a lot of people don't even bother with that. Had to seriously mess with my current designs to even fit the stupid thing in there, and now we learn that it doesn't show anything on the inside at all?

I mean I guess you can drop all your functional buildings in there, just to feel like you're not wasting that space, but it's pretty restrictive. And personally I like to work the functional buildings into my design.

End rant / sorry for getting slightly off topic. :(
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • nbreaking
    Options
    @surtr
    Here are some screenshots and I'll try to be clearer on what happened:
    http://imgur.com/a/auXUf

I was passing by the rift and someone attacked it before i reached the journal, it then sucked me in (not sure if it was because someone was attacking it or because I passed near it). After it sucked me in I could keep doing the primal main chainquest but that journal quest got left behind. Once I was done with the Twilight Sky I chainquest, I went back to do the journal quest, however, it requires me to enter the portal, however, the portal won't suck me in a 2nd time.

Now, to explain the screenshots from top to bottom:
    1- You can see I have done the whole Twilight Sky I chainquest and I am awaiting reaching Twilight Sky II to proceed.
    2- You can see I still have the Cryptic Journal quest.
    3- You can see me approaching the journal to take the quest
    4- You can see I have taken the quest
    5- I am attacking the portal and swimming nearby, the portal is aggroed on me aswell, however, I am not being teleported and can't complete the quest.

Hope this provides enough info.

Mr. Justice
  • alaia#4592
    alaia#4592 Posts: 23 Arc User
    Options
    Is there any info about Mystic's Healing Herb and Vital Herb on their Sage/Demon versions ?

I went to PWDatabase but it doesn't have any details about it. Also asked on the server but got no response and no one seems to be talking about it. Then I went to the Encyclopedia and found about one specific Mystic Book that grants only those 2 versions of plants. But I have no idea how to get it or where to find it.

If anyone has some info or clue about this, I would really appreciated -Thanks in advanced- <3

You can craft both books with 20 OBP on 1k forges

Dhalie : : Mystic : : Tideswell
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Options
    @nbreaking

]The listed bug that you have for terrain not being visible to others except owner is based on user settings for plants/terrain. Needs to be set to higher rating to be seen.

Another bug, or at least I can't seem to figure out yet is Homestead Rankings.
    I cannot visit/select others' homestead in rankings.

Correct me if I am doing it wrong.
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nbreaking
    Options
    ayejay101 wrote: »
    @nbreaking

]The listed bug that you have for terrain not being visible to others except owner is based on user settings for plants/terrain. Needs to be set to higher rating to be seen.

Another bug, or at least I can't seem to figure out yet is Homestead Rankings.
    I cannot visit/select others' homestead in rankings.

Correct me if I am doing it wrong.

I just tried it, it works but in a dumb way.
    I am guessing you tried clicking the person's name and then visit their HS, which should be the easy and expected way to do it, but it isn't like that.

On the top you have a bar, you have to write the person's name there and then choose to visit, which is dumb :| but seems intended. The list only shows you the names but you actually have to type the name in the bar.

I don't know if this counts as a bug since it seems intended that the names are not selectable.

Mr. Justice
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »
    - The new Homestead terrain packs only display for the owner and not the visitors. - Need more info, but it seems people have to have their terrain effects at max to see the changes.

Most likely they only pressed preview and forgot to press the equip button (icon is a scroll with an eye on)
    I equipped a different homestead skin just fine, and my alts can see it in any kind of graphic setting as well.

@rebecca1973 double check if you did it correctly

edit: ahh.. ppl already mentioned it now, i didnt read the newer comments (;

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    @alphalordking ah ya I got the plants on my mystic and I gotta say they are friggin awesome. The healoutput is very very nice esp stacked.
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Options
    @jsxshadow the sage/demon healing plants? where did you get the books? I checked obp/pof/token books and couldnt find anything.
  • spatz1993
    spatz1993 Posts: 42 Arc User
    Options
    in 1k at the forges for old book page skills on the right side is a new mystic book that gives u both skills for 20 obp @testxvi
  • nbreaking
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »
    @surtr
    Here are some screenshots and I'll try to be clearer on what happened:
    http://imgur.com/a/auXUf

I was passing by the rift and someone attacked it before i reached the journal, it then sucked me in (not sure if it was because someone was attacking it or because I passed near it). After it sucked me in I could keep doing the primal main chainquest but that journal quest got left behind. Once I was done with the Twilight Sky I chainquest, I went back to do the journal quest, however, it requires me to enter the portal, however, the portal won't suck me in a 2nd time.

Now, to explain the screenshots from top to bottom:
    1- You can see I have done the whole Twilight Sky I chainquest and I am awaiting reaching Twilight Sky II to proceed.
    2- You can see I still have the Cryptic Journal quest.
    3- You can see me approaching the journal to take the quest
    4- You can see I have taken the quest
    5- I am attacking the portal and swimming nearby, the portal is aggroed on me aswell, however, I am not being teleported and can't complete the quest.

Hope this provides enough info.

Update on this:
    After picking the quest and entering story mode a few times the quest got completed by itself, so, if you're having this problem, do that.

Mr. Justice
  • dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    The active points still list primal dailies many of us cannot do. It would be nice to not list those. Also since they were removed there is nothing to replace the loss of vitae we would have received.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    seems that you cant transform anymore DOD on gear to JOSD
    anyone else has that problem?
  • implode
    implode Posts: 83 Arc User
    Options
    The Homeland Renewal - ripe pumpkin quest breaks sometimes. I went to the right area, right clicked the seed, it disappeared from my inv, the quest advanced to say, get Ripe Pumpkin (0/1), but no pumpkin spawned with my name on it. Eventually gave up and trashed the quest. That's really annoying because now I've missed 1200 vitae for the day.
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    implode wrote: »
    The Homeland Renewal - ripe pumpkin quest breaks sometimes. I went to the right area, right clicked the seed, it disappeared from my inv, the quest advanced to say, get Ripe Pumpkin (0/1), but no pumpkin spawned with my name on it. Eventually gave up and trashed the quest. That's really annoying because now I've missed 1200 vitae for the day.

Were you flying by any chance? That's what happened to me once. I was hovering just above the ground, clicked the seed, it disappeared but no pumpkin.
  • implode
    implode Posts: 83 Arc User
    Options
    perrion wrote: »
    Were you flying by any chance? That's what happened to me once. I was hovering just above the ground, clicked the seed, it disappeared but no pumpkin.
    Actually flying no but... its entirely possible that I just landed and did that bounce-back-up-in-the-air bug that often happens when you land, and so wasn't actually on the ground. Will be careful of that in future, so thanks for the suggestion.

• shaiyrdren
    shaiyrdren Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    I think this just got introduced with the update? You can stack the higher level gems now (DoT, DoD, etc.)
    Celestris - Twilight Temple
  • ellenfan
    ellenfan Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Options
    one of the possible sub-quests of the new primal daily (homeland renewal) - where u have to plant a pumpkin seed in tree raccoon village, wait for 10mins and dig it - fails if you fail to dig the ripe pumpkin for whatever reason
    assuming it stays around 2-3mins (like monkey quest, which was re-doable tho) and then disappears
    means if you dc or forget it then u fail the quest and cant re-do it

update: it also fails if you're flying while clicking on the item - item will disappear, but pumpkin doesn't appear and quest fails since theres no way to pick up the item again
    Post edited by ellenfan on
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    ellenfan wrote: »
    one of the possible sub-quests of the new primal daily (homeland renewal) - where u have to plant a pumpkin seed in tree raccoon village, wait for 10mins and dig it - fails if you fail to dig the ripe pumpkin for whatever reason
    assuming it stays around 2-3mins (like monkey quest, which was re-doable tho) and then disappears
    means if you dc or forget it then u fail the quest and cant re-do it

yeap true, and the vitae you get is a lot
  • jamesmcd
    jamesmcd Posts: 89 Arc User
    Options
    dejiavu wrote: »
    The active points still list primal dailies many of us cannot do. It would be nice to not list those. Also since they were removed there is nothing to replace the loss of vitae we would have received.

They rebalanced the rewards for Liu Soo's plea, Heroic Warsong, Something in the Snow and Secret Princess in such a way as the max reward for doing all the dailies at a given sky level are at least the same as they would have been given previously. Now, for certain Sky levels you may even get an extra blood per day.