How many want xNW back

Comments

• monoftalm
    monoftalm Posts: 118 Arc User
    Yes all the way
    Where are the people quoting the 14% for no are majority!!?
    <3
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    No, not at all
    monoftalm wrote: »
    Where are the people quoting the 14% for no are majority!!?

People who are happy with things as they are aren't likely to bother reading or voting in a thread about XNW.

On the other hand, people with an agenda to get XNW back will certainly vote in such a thread and are also likely to cajole friends and log alts to inflate the numbers.

Also, a large part of those that prefer regular NW are willing to split the difference and have one night of each. A group that you of course lumped in with your camp.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016
    1 night for each NW & xNW
    Either way more people in this vote are saying YES in some format to XNW. I wish more people would look at this and make a vote. In some format I wish the GMs would do votes like this as well. @arspaulina#4310 something you could mention to them I think about doing Votes on the forums as well as Advertising them in the game. Hell may bring some life back here...

My Self I think the NW & XNW option is the best call for this Type of event. In some cases I still may do NW if I get up at 4am. This as well as it covers a large area of time zones.

In full reality this vote is a little one sided if you ask me so you could argue that. Side note its up to the people to argue and understand what they want. Just saying people happy with things wont vote is not really a good cause to dismiss something as you would vote to keep it.

Just for anyone thinking that time changes to this event are the answer.
    • The 8PM time slot is hard coded to the system
    • Many other time zones for X Server events risks you loosing your toon as the server cant go back in time.
    • Simply put the servers and system where not designed to run over different timezones.
    • On the same note the system cant run NW and XTW as its not coded / setup to do this.
    • The only thing that will really help is to get the DEVs to change the code for an option that Fits Perfect World International.

Thanks.​​
  • monoftalm
    Yes all the way
    any more votes?
    <3
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    I never went to Xnw, but does it show the server's name above the player's head? or just the nation's name? If it is only the nation's name, might as well stick with the old of mixing and matching. This way all nations will be get "balanced out" (frost nation always wins, fire loses onion-38.gif)

If we can not tell which player we are fighting against and on what server, does it make a difference that their whole server is in one team? even if you know, does it really make a difference, the people who die quickly they die quickly. Those who are left standing are all alone. Might as well mix up all the players from all the servers.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    jabq wrote: »
    I never went to Xnw, but does it show the server's name above the player's head? or just the nation's name? If it is only the nation's name, might as well stick with the old of mixing and matching. This way all nations will be get "balanced out" (frost nation always wins, fire loses onion-38.gif)

If we can not tell which player we are fighting against and on what server, does it make a difference that their whole server is in one team? even if you know, does it really make a difference, the people who die quickly they die quickly. Those who are left standing are all alone. Might as well mix up all the players from all the servers.

Fire loosing is to do with the map setup and location as well as a few other things.

Mixing Up XNW is not possible with out a recode of that event but yes it should be an option for this type of event and taken into account for future events...​​
  • monoftalm
    Yes all the way
    Lets just for for old style xNW, this NW is so bad that anyone thats NOT West coast of US for Etherblade cant rly do it and have a normal day after D:
    <3
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    No, not at all
    No to XTW unless the teams were blended. XTW was pretty stale.
    Lets just for for old style xNW, this NW is so bad that anyone thats NOT West coast of US for Etherblade cant rly do it and have a normal day after D:

How about no. XNW was terrible for any server that wasn't Dawnglory. When NW is in prime-time you can have 4x the players of any other nation.
  • sspringgzz
    sspringgzz Posts: 6 Arc User
    Yes all the way
    Even though the time favors Dawnglory, but it's more fun than normal nw. Always killing the same alts, and getting run over by the same op squads in normal nw.
  • monoftalm
    Yes all the way
    >.< lets get them votes in people!
    <3
  • monoftalm
    Yes all the way
    Who believes new update will bring xtw back?
    <3
  • pay
    pay Posts: 14 Arc User
    Yes all the way
    Simple and to the point. the one arguement thread going on is getting old, so i think it's about time this gets settled. How many of you want xNW back. Yes all the way. No not at all. or 1 night for each regular Nw and xNW

WHAT? NW IS GONE?? THAT SUCKS.....
  • heerohex#3018
    Who believes new update will bring xtw back?

No they are still havin problems with the PvP SvS XServer event. XNW is likly to be be on the back burner...​​
  • pal2002
    pal2002 Posts: 19 Arc User
    Yes all the way
    i dont think we will ever have xnw back if pwi doesnt see a profit in it they arent interested tbh
  • sasquatch87
    sasquatch87 Posts: 51 Arc User
    Yes all the way
    This has been up for over a month and it's clear what the majority is. Bring back xNW!
  • monoftalm
    Yes all the way
    xNW or #RIOT D:
    <3
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    xNW or #RIOT D:

I really wanna see you riot Mono, most people will ignore you on Etherblade.
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Before they even think of bringing xNW, they need to get rid of the commander part or make it where the commander gets the same tokens of the average of all people. That way, its not profitable for a person to buy command. The big problem with the poll is its not scientific, it has a built in bias. If you look at the total number that voted in the poll only around 200 cared to vote. There were on low average around 1500 people that participated. If people really cared for xNW, those people would flood support with tickets, and it would take a ton of tickets, for them to even consider it. The reason I didn't like only xNW, is because I have a few friends that could only attend the Friday night NW, so I didn't get to have fun with them. I play NW for fun and joking with my friends and family.
  • monoftalm
    Yes all the way
    thank you cyber :)
    <3
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    This has been a topic floating around that got side stepped when other issues had cropped up. We have not yet made any final determinations on xNW times. Due to the multiple timezone issues, as have been pointed out over countless threads, whatever time we pick will not please all parties. Keep in mind what Orinj had said in the past.

So, with wanting to keep both regular NW and TW's running, what timezones would the community want to suggest so that a poll can be created for it? When suggesting time zones, be sure to note weather its PST or UTC otherwise I'll assume all numbers are PST.
  • ninjakitchenrulr
    ninjakitchenrulr Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @kalystconquerer#0876

My proposal of the xnw times is to only host x nw once a week on sunday. The time would be 11:20 am pst. I believe that this was the time it was held.
    Then leave Fridays NW as it is now. Not cross server and the current time it is held is at 8:20 pm at the time of the server.
    With this way I believe this makes NW/ xNW accessible to most players in all different time zones.
    Post edited by ninjakitchenrulr on
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876

My proposal of the xnw times is to only host x nw once a week on sunday. The time would be 11:20 am pst. I believe that this was the time it was held.
    Then leave Fridays NW as it is now. Not cross server and the current time it is held is at 8:20 pm at the time of the server.
    With my way I believe this makes NW/ xNW accessible to most players in all different time zones.

i second this suggestion​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @kalystconquerer#0876

With this way I believe this makes NW/ xNW accessible to most players in all different time zones.

This.
    If it's possible to implement this, it would make everyone happy. I just don't know if China is willing to make these unique changes for our servers.
    ​​
  • eranp
    eranp Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    @kalystconquerer#0876

12:20 pm PST or 1:20 pm PST on Sunday would be better for everyone :)
  • heerohex#3018
    edited November 2016
    This has been a topic floating around that got side stepped when other issues had cropped up. We have not yet made any final determinations on xNW times. Due to the multiple timezone issues, as have been pointed out over countless threads, whatever time we pick will not please all parties. Keep in mind what Orinj had said in the past.

So, with wanting to keep both regular NW and TW's running, what timezones would the community want to suggest so that a poll can be created for it? When suggesting time zones, be sure to note weather its PST or UTC otherwise I'll assume all numbers are PST.

I would assume you mean X-Server Events.

The best way to cover this issue is to do the below.
    1. Enable NW and XNW.
    2. NW should run at 20:00hrs Server time. Friday Night when that server operates.
    3. XNW Should run at 20:00Hrs* X Server time. Sunday when more people can attend. *Subject to better time.
    4. Also Hard work but push them to add the system to randomise nations on XNW.

On a last note and I can only say this so many times. Please Either have the devs create a time system for events to run which "Local GMs" can set / decide the times they run as well as Days. OR remind them we are INTERNATIONAL when they plan events. We all know PWCN runs 1 / 2 time zones so this is not a design flaw for them.

Future if PW does become 1 world game. It will be ready.​​
  • aeron#3369
    aeron#3369 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I think 12:30pm PST is the maximum, i guess between 11:30am PST and 12:30pm PST is ok for everyone it will last 2hours, and won't end too late for everyone.
  • ruhcik
    ruhcik Posts: 40 Arc User
    Yes all the way
    Eu is overpopulated? Ofc IT is but who cares. 3/4 maps arę full and you are afraid of reward but rememevr that less People you have that more reward you get
  • sombrio#9642
    sombrio#9642 Posts: 1 Arc User
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    We have to factor in how Thursday Night Fights Local and xserver will be calculated into out scheduling, so until we have a solid schedule with this feature as a priority, we can not have a definitive place for xNW announced as of yet. We are still working out the scheduling though and I am continuing to feed the suggested times to the appropriate departments for evaluation.
  • heerohex#3018
    Thank you for the update.

This is an important event and way to get better gear. At the moment many like me are simply unable to attend.

I've fallen very behind as a reason. To point out tho it's not the only reason.