Territory Wars and Dragons' Conquest Reset + Changes to reward structure + X-server Nation Wars?

1235»

Comments

• eaglestorm
    eaglestorm Posts: 46 Arc User
    Thank you for the update, I do so hope cross server nation wars can be done so we can all participate at a decent time. I am getting old and being up at 4 am for a 4.20am start for nation wars is getting a little much. I loved cross server though as it was at 7pm for me (being in ireland). And again before any bright spark responds with well go to european server, sure, you pay for my account to be transfered and I will being as I have been playing since 2008 when there was no european server :P and from what I am told a lot of Americans are on there......go figure
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    orinj wrote: »
    Hi, guys. Our dev guy looked into it, and one of the CN Maintenance engineers forgot to wipe some data. We're gonna scrub everything again next maintenance. Apologies for the inconvenience. Thanks.

soooo this didn't happen.

Also, I did not get my refund for TW bid last week. :(
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• hakundo
    hakundo Posts: 33 Arc User
    Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but:

orinj: Nobody got any xTW rewards this past weekend, will this be given out manually or are we not getting anything this weekend either?
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    @orinj
    I was just wondering,
    The DC aka X-TW map didn't get reset during maintenance. Why wasn't it?
    Also, nobody has received this seasons rewards. What is the status on that?

Post edited by daymond on
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • symbiond
    symbiond Posts: 3 Arc User
    xtw map hasnt been reset AGAIN

both ranking and points updated on guild window
    and even tho we atked a t1 land last week we were able to atk t3 this week and seems we also still have all the other lands we've had last week

@superfedee if it wasnt designed to ever be reset then theyd have to take the rankings (points) at both end AND beginning of the season, write down the points and calc how many points each fac gained during the season
    lets face it, that would be too much work
    and imo wouldnt be fair in the first place cos some facs start off with at least 3 lands while others have none and thus wont be able to gain max points from the beginning
    from what ive seen the amount of points one can gain each week is capped, meaning if ur behind ull stay behind unless the facs with higher points happen to have bad luck and get ganked AND lose some lands in the progress
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Here's a blatant copypasta from the other thread that should hopefully address some of the stuff in this thread as well just so people can see it!

*runs into thread*

I come bearing a message! Orinji has been busy with other PWE titles and unfortunately hasn't been able to come around and address every thread. But here's the responses I got via PM regarding DC related issues. I posted these questions on his wall

Ars : DC Inquiry # 1 Why was it not reset? And if for some reason it can't be reset, will prize structures be reworked in the future?
    Orinj : - We're not sure why it wasn't reset. We put it in the maintenance ticket, but it somehow got overlooked by our CN Engineering staff. We'll work to resolve that next week.

Ars : DC Inquiry # 2 Will factions that have been declared winners be receiving their prizes? If so, do you have a general timeline and if not, reason why?
    Orinj : - From what I've read and heard, these prizes were previously handed out, no?

On # 2 I might have to grab him again for more clarification when he's not tied up, but if rewards were already handed out
    orinj wrote: »
    shopcheese wrote: »
    -looks at xTW winner announcement-
    -facepalm-

You realise the map was never reset and the season rewards have already been giving out not too long ago? A new season never started in the first place.

Is that really the case? (lol) I post what my team sends me, so sometimes the info is off, lol. But if that is indeed the case, the DC message above isn't relevant.

Not sure if this is what people wanted to hear, but I did hear back.

EDIT : Forgot to post up the TW Rewards response silly me!

Ars : TW Rewards for Season 9 : When will these rewards be mailed out for the previous season winners?
    Orinj - Yes, indeed. We tried sending them out this week but found that the reward items had been removed from our whitelist. We have to wait until next Maintenance for this to get fixed.

Hope this helps!
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    For some reason I didn't get this week the chest that you usually get when your faction win on Xtw.
    The faction of which I am a member won the war and I did not afk during battle, in fact I was attacking the Dragon boss almost all time.

My question is:
    Is this an intended change or is some glitch?
    Please notice that I am not talking about the rewards for the winners of the season. Im talking about this item that you get by ingame mail after each cross tw if you win or at least if you participate and your faction hold lands.

• beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    rieihdius wrote: »
    For some reason I didn't get this week the chest that you usually get when your faction win on Xtw.
    The faction of which I am a member won the war and I did not afk during battle, in fact I was attacking the Dragon boss almost all time.

My question is:
    Is this an intended change or is some glitch?
    Please notice that I am not talking about the rewards for the winners of the season. Im talking about this item that you get by ingame mail after each cross tw if you win or at least if you participate and your faction hold lands.

all cross tw is bugged cause the failed reset, @orinj said that on previous maintenance they will re-reset the map and rankings but never happened.

Now just wait for an actualy reset
    About the rewards was the same and the last week
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for the reply. I guess we can only wait for them to fix it.

• kartter
    kartter Posts: 152 Arc User
    Congratz to reset xtw map &thank you very much. ( sarcasm.)
  • maksim1995
    maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
    kartter wrote: »
    Congratz to reset xtw map &thank you very much. ( sarcasm.)
    ikr XDDD same points, same rankings, gg wp! :)

• paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    LOL when I looked on Twilight Temple...
    There were no rankings... but guilds held lands.​​
    Here we go again....
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Its same as previous reset attempts , map is full again , points are still there just ranking will refreash and continue from last week after this weeks xTW battles are finished.
    But xTW was fully reset , problem happens once bids get locked in (12am friday) everything just gets reverted to how it was before the attempted reset.
    So we can take this as a confirmation that xTW cant be reset at all since it keeps failing after every attempt.
    So this xTW season (season 3?) is already 3 weeks underway with next week being 1/3 of the season over already , there is no offical comment on anything thats going on.

@orinj So whats gonna happen now with xTW tourny and rewards? Seeing how this is main event of the game atm and no official word on anything just makes this situation even worse.
    If it cant be reset then just say so and lets think of another solution to the reward system or something?
    Or is there even any point to continue this? Just scrap xTW and bring us back xNW so people actually have some legit fun.
    Or just give us that new tournament event already...

And like people are saying even more and more another week of nothing to do on pwi.
    But this thread will get ignored again with community asking on some info about current problems but hey at least u answer on thread about plushies XD
  • motoor
    motoor Posts: 178 Arc User
    totally fail..i rlly wonder if some monkeys are working in offices , because srsly this is **** ..ok we understand 1 time can happen no one is perfect...but to screew it 2nd time also... like wtf..
  • mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    Chinese perfectly reseted their rankings month ago.
    1119352ca270t.jpg
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Bidding of the 2nd season week 1 is done, nothing out of the order.

w4i80Yf.png

D8IHlhj.png

So... I guess they figured if you clear the rankings then all the points would automatically go away? :#
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    So in china event can be reseted just ours cant be it seems? Is it maybe related to any editing for the xTW that was done by devs for our version of xTW or is it just incompetence? xD
    3rd week of '3rd season' is near its end and still no official word from pwi on whats going on , next week we are 1/3 in the season , gg pwi :-)
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    So, basically if you weren't in the top 3 factions from season 1 you will never get any of the top 3 faction prizes. This is such a rigged event because if you had an amazing season 1 you will have a handicap of 10000% because you start off with 4+ lands meaning your first week gives you an easy 200+ point lead. Then the fact that you have your points carrying over from season 1 gives you over a 2000 point lead. This then means that no new faction will ever be the top faction and no faction will ever be able to compete.

Also, apparently the same faction winners from season 1 got doubled the rewards which is completely BS. They are basically saying hey you are the richest person in the world, and there are starving children dying from not eating. We could feed these children so they don't die or we could make you 2x richer! Lets just make you 2x richer because we like to kill children.

My suggestion for balancing options because obviously the devs don't know how to clear database table entries at all.

1. Points from the previous season is subtracted from all factions and the top 20 will be recalculated based on just simple subtraction. Of course the top factions will have a land handicap and to account for this they will receive an additional reduction of 15 * (10 - [Rank Position)] from their end of season score. This would only affect the top 10 factions. This is the penalty factor to promote equal chance for other factions. It also promotes faction restructure where players will join other factions to make them stronger.

2. Rewards are revamped to a server by server basis where the top faction in each server will receive the 3rd place prize. There will no longer be a 2nd place prize and the 1st place prize will be adjusted to 50% of the rewards. This will promote factions on the same server to grow stronger to try and be the best on their server. Now if the factions place in the top 5 xTW they will also receive some minor winner prizes as well.

3. Rewards are changed to be a running voucher system. If a faction places:
    1st: 20 vouchers, 2nd: 15 vouchers, 3rd: 10 vouchers 4-10: 3 vouchers
    These vouchers are then redeemable for prizes. If the same factions place in the same position the following season they will receive a 50% voucher deduction each consecutive season. Meaning if you were 1st 3 times in a row you would only get 5 vouchers. This will promote balancing where strongest factions cannot constantly win over and over and players will want to move. A top faction can obviously make another faction and participate again but that just resets their points back to 0 so it is a fair balance.

4. No rewards for XTW instead make it so dragon conquest coins (Participation items awarded to all players who enter already.) can be traded for more prizes. Make the prizes similar to how Nation Wars work. Make the conquest helm a chance craft like the sky cover ring and never offer a 100% chance. Make it cost some large amount like 25,000 conquest coins for every 10% chance increase. Make the max craft chance 80% this means everyone has a fair chance for this character bound helmet. If players really want the helmet they will have to participate in the xTW events. Yes players will log alts in hopes to win it on their alts, but the helm is character bound and 25k coins is a lot of coins.

5. Change the helm reward system to be a raffle system. If you place in the top 10 you are given 1 raffle ticket and at the end of each season there will be 5 helms raffled off. This means that 5 factions in the top 10 will receive a helm, it does not matter where you placed in the top 10 it only matters you are in the top 10.

6. Tournament styled reward system because the pairing algorithm is terrible. I have seen top factions have to fight no one locking free lands for them and noob factions fighting top factions which basically gives top factions the advantage all the time. Instead at the end of the season take the top 16 factions and just do a bracket system. This bracket system should determine the winners.

7. If the devs really don't know how to clear a database here is a suggestion. During maint turn off the login server and just login as GMs set it to host XTW and make a GM faction to take every land. Once every land is taken just subtract the previous season score from every season from the top list. Obviously the GM faction should be removed from the top calculation. Hell if this is really the solution then you guys really need to hire someone that knows how to parse a database stack. I would even be willing to offer my services just to get this **** resolved.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    bangbang wrote: »
    So, basically if you weren't in the top 3 factions from season 1 you will never get any of the top 3 faction prizes. This is such a rigged event because if you had an amazing season 1 you will have a handicap of 10000% because you start off with 4+ lands meaning your first week gives you an easy 200+ point lead. Then the fact that you have your points carrying over from season 1 gives you over a 2000 point lead. This then means that no new faction will ever be the top faction and no faction will ever be able to compete.

Also, apparently the same faction winners from season 1 got doubled the rewards which is completely BS. They are basically saying hey you are the richest person in the world, and there are starving children dying from not eating. We could feed these children so they don't die or we could make you 2x richer! Lets just make you 2x richer because we like to kill children.

My suggestion for balancing options because obviously the devs don't know how to clear database table entries at all.

1. Points from the previous season is subtracted from all factions and the top 20 will be recalculated based on just simple subtraction. Of course the top factions will have a land handicap and to account for this they will receive an additional reduction of 15 * (10 - [Rank Position)] from their end of season score. This would only affect the top 10 factions. This is the penalty factor to promote equal chance for other factions. It also promotes faction restructure where players will join other factions to make them stronger.

2. Rewards are revamped to a server by server basis where the top faction in each server will receive the 3rd place prize. There will no longer be a 2nd place prize and the 1st place prize will be adjusted to 50% of the rewards. This will promote factions on the same server to grow stronger to try and be the best on their server. Now if the factions place in the top 5 xTW they will also receive some minor winner prizes as well.

3. Rewards are changed to be a running voucher system. If a faction places:
    1st: 20 vouchers, 2nd: 15 vouchers, 3rd: 10 vouchers 4-10: 3 vouchers
    These vouchers are then redeemable for prizes. If the same factions place in the same position the following season they will receive a 50% voucher deduction each consecutive season. Meaning if you were 1st 3 times in a row you would only get 5 vouchers. This will promote balancing where strongest factions cannot constantly win over and over and players will want to move. A top faction can obviously make another faction and participate again but that just resets their points back to 0 so it is a fair balance.

4. No rewards for XTW instead make it so dragon conquest coins (Participation items awarded to all players who enter already.) can be traded for more prizes. Make the prizes similar to how Nation Wars work. Make the conquest helm a chance craft like the sky cover ring and never offer a 100% chance. Make it cost some large amount like 25,000 conquest coins for every 10% chance increase. Make the max craft chance 80% this means everyone has a fair chance for this character bound helmet. If players really want the helmet they will have to participate in the xTW events. Yes players will log alts in hopes to win it on their alts, but the helm is character bound and 25k coins is a lot of coins.

5. Change the helm reward system to be a raffle system. If you place in the top 10 you are given 1 raffle ticket and at the end of each season there will be 5 helms raffled off. This means that 5 factions in the top 10 will receive a helm, it does not matter where you placed in the top 10 it only matters you are in the top 10.

6. Tournament styled reward system because the pairing algorithm is terrible. I have seen top factions have to fight no one locking free lands for them and noob factions fighting top factions which basically gives top factions the advantage all the time. Instead at the end of the season take the top 16 factions and just do a bracket system. This bracket system should determine the winners.

7. If the devs really don't know how to clear a database here is a suggestion. During maint turn off the login server and just login as GMs set it to host XTW and make a GM faction to take every land. Once every land is taken just subtract the previous season score from every season from the top list. Obviously the GM faction should be removed from the top calculation. Hell if this is really the solution then you guys really need to hire someone that knows how to parse a database stack. I would even be willing to offer my services just to get this **** resolved.

Not sure if satire or serious.

1. This is an idiotic suggestion, which promotes factions, which are not actually the strongest, winning. No faction has unfair advantage which would needed to be balanced artificially.

2. This is supposed to be a xServer competition, rewarding based on rankings on your own server in such light is just silly.

3. All this will promote is big factions using another faction and moving everybody back and forth each season, which changes essentially nothing.

4. 25000 coins, not sure you realize thats over half a year even landing "max" points each week, for 10% odds to getting the helm? We definitely need more rewards for coins but I dont think helm should be one of them.

5. Another silly suggestion to promote random factions, which dont deserve to win main prizes, getting them.

6. Top factions beat everybody but each other relatively easily. There is no way around that. I wouldnt mind bracket system but honestly thats a lot of weeks dedicated to it, what are other factions doing while these playoffs are going?

The only thing we need is the map and rankings reseted. If this proves to be impossible, subtracting old points from the season end points to calculate season winners will have to do.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • tom21
    tom21 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I have a question. Correct me if im wrong, each of DC land is pointed right:
    Vile=10 points
    Swirling=20
    Dragons Meet=30
    so if faction owns for example 1 Vile and 2 Swirling total points for week should be 50?
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    If I'm not mistaken you can only get points once per level, so if you have 2 Swirling you only get 20 points, not 40. I could be wrong about this but I know you don't get full points for every land.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    1 lvl1 and 1 lvl2 and 1lvl3 it's 60 points

• berrynl
    berrynl Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Each Dragon Conquest Land is only worth 10 points for owning it.

The difference in point gains come from winning offensive battles. This is why opting to go for your attack war versus defense wars (if you can suffer it) is preferred.

Winning a Lv.3 territory battle nets you 40 points (your attack on it).
    Winning a Lv.2 territory battle nets you 20 points (your attack on it)
    Defending a Lv.2 territory battle just means you retain the 10 ownership points (your defense).

Owning 10 Lv.2 territories just gets you 100 points.
    In theory you never own a Lv.3 land, you only win a Lv.3 battle it, it's gone for reference of point gain the week after.

Edit: For wording sake to clarify better.