Unofficial Design Contest

tuttle
tuttle Posts: 254 Arc User
edited October 2016 in General Discussion
Domino/Syl/Paulina, move this if it needs to be somewhere else instead, but it doesnt really fit anywhere in particular, just drop me a message and let me know if it gets moved.

Ok guys, so, the local hockey team I am a season ticket holder for runs an ugly christmas sweater contest every year. As part of that they run a design contest to have someone design jerseys to be worn that night. I am NOT a graphic designer by any means, so I wanna see what the PWI universe can come up with.

First the rules
1) Must use the template that i'll tinypic to below
2) Be creative, have fun, but keep it pg/pg-13.
3) Must use the team logo (located in the template)
4) All entries must be to me by the end of the night Tuesday, October 11th.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2586mwo.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/316s1hl.jpg

If you would rather have a direct link to the template, please let me know, the team suggests downloading it and printing it...

Here is last years winner for reference - http://tinyurl.com/j628xj5

PRIZES! The most exciting part right?

So the team is going to pick the top three designs, those three designs go to a fan vote.

If your design is selected as one of the top three, I will give you a 20 dollar game card (from target) to load on to PWI (not cash prize, can only be used for zen), ADDITIONALLY, if you have a character on Etherblade, I will also give you 50 million in game coins on Etherblade!

If your design is the final winner of the fan vote (Which it has a good chance of with my name attached to it) I will give you an ADDITIONAL 40 dollar game card (60 total) as well as an additional 100 million game coins on Etherblade server!

Entries can either be uploaded and linked in this thread, OR can be sent to my email (Aarontuttle69@gmail.com)

Best of luck to all of yall!
Post edited by tuttle on

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    tiger-18.gif
    Eh, you want people to do the contest for you or what?

What do YOU get out of it when an entry someone here made wins? Because i'm not going to believe there is no gain for you and you're just willing to spend money for random stranger x.

Also, if the point is for it to be ugly, then you really don't have to be a graphic designer, people who lack experience in it generally make ugly designs anyway tiger-18.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• tuttle
    lol ugly but not ugly man. I'd make something truly gaudy.

I'll win a snowblower, which I'll donate right back to the salvation army, I live in an apartment, zero need lol
    I'll win 4 seats on the glass to the game, which I'll give away as I already have seats on the glass, got friends that cant afford seats that would love to take their kids, so, early Christmas for them.
    I'll also win one of the jerseys, which I would otherwise try to win in the silent auction that night
    I'll also get to drop the puck for the game, which I'd actually let my niece do.

So, really, not a whole lot in it for me, other than the jersey and making other people happy
  • xlayon
    xlayon Posts: 80 Arc User
    I think its interesting & might give it a go once this hurricane passes
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Well I cant quote any rules this breaks... Just may not be the Type of thing they want on here. Off Topic Area May be.

Not really a Design person as in graphics. Im more of a creative find a solution kinda person. P.S. I hate Databases...

Sure you did this last year as well. so Good luck to the game and T Shirt.​​
  • tuttle
    Yeah last year unforuntately got no entries, I think someone had one but couldnt get it to me.
  • tuttle
    Reminder, the template shows deadline 10/12, but i need all entries by 10/11
  • rvey
    rvey Posts: 3 Arc User
    where can we send our design?
  • tuttle
    edited October 2016
    @rvey ill pm you with my email, or you can upload to tinypic or whatever

Well, I can't pm, so I'll just post it here and hope I dont get a bunch of spam - aarontuttle69@gmail.com
  • heerohex#3018
    tuttle wrote: »
    @rvey ill pm you with my email, or you can upload to tinypic or whatever

Well, I can't pm, so I'll just post it here and hope I dont get a bunch of spam - Removed -

Should have set up a Hotmail for just this then close it.​​
  • tuttle
    eh, i can just block emails that spam too bud, no biggie.
  • tuttle
    Last call for entries is 2 pm CST (noon pacific) today
  • heerohex#3018
    Closed now.

When do winners get announced?

Thanks.​​
  • tuttle
    The only one who submitted a design, didn't get selected unfortunately, and likely (guessing) due to the fact it didnt really follow the theme (holiday/christmas ugly sweater)