war avatar sets

Options
Whats the best way to go about get a decent A set? Decent meaning SOT, Abba, along those lines. Buy packs from boutigue? fsp coins? Any advice would be helpful.

Comments

• thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    Options
    well get all the free A chest that you can and candle flame is a popular 6 card set and then i would go to fsp coins
  • artixstar90
    artixstar90 Posts: 22 Arc User
    Options
    it all really just depends on how lucky you are. obviously the more money you put in to getting a good A set the better your chances, but it's like any pack. you can buy as many as you want, but there is never a guarantee that you will get the cards you want.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    Spam fsp on multiple alts and pray.​​
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Options
    Just keep doing fsp on all the characters you have that can run it and eventually the sets will start forming. If you want to speed it up buy fsp coins. Just beware buying because it can be SUPER annoying to spend a whole bunch of coins on a packs only to get nothing good​​
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Ya, please I wanna know as well..how can we get a good cardset? I have no clue.

Muharhar: Spam FSP and buy FSP-coins from players. Ignore any sort of S-Pack or other boutique garbage, as that stuff is expensive as hell and most likely will yield you nothing at all. A-Packs are really all you need. Also run Heavenfall every week as you might get some A-Packs from there, too. Good Luck!
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It always helps to follow some simple rules when opening packs, in order to drastically increase your luck.
    People will never admit to it, but there are simple tricks that work. Like opening packs only during fool moon, completely stripped, tied to a car which is driven off a cliff.
    Post edited by magiceffect on
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    It always helps to follow some simple rules when opening packs, in order to drastically increase your luck.
    People will never admit to it, but there are simple tricks that work. Like opening packs only during fool moon, completely stripped, tied to a car which is driven off a cliff.

Don't forget magic dances are required before you start above steps to ensure success. When you finish the pack opening, sacrifices also have to be offered so your luck is not degraded for the next time. It is a very complex procedure.​​
  • magiceffect
    Options
    jabq wrote: »

Don't forget magic dances are required before you start above steps to ensure success. When you finish the pack opening, sacrifices also have to be offered so your luck is not degraded for the next time. It is a very complex procedure.​​

True story my man. There was this one time I had no luck finding a stray cat to give proper thanks to Pan Gu. I cut myself. Spice must flow!
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Flowsilver every day on as many characters you can manage. Preferably FSJ on the characters that can handle it.

Weekly Heavenfall tower. Wont always get A packs but theres other stuff thats also important, like star chart.

If you invested some money into homestead and you have a friend to work together with, i would advice go 4050 prosperity and do saffron quest daily. You can help each other out assuming u picked different mastery. I've gotten a couple A packs and even A chests from this. But if you gotta start from low level house then yea dont bother, it's expensive, im only doing it because i were already this far and cost me absolutely nothing at this point.

Wraith hunter if your timezone allows. Its an S pack but its pretty much free.

Personally im against buying flowsilver coins from other players because of my low budget. I prefer farm it and i still managed to get candleflame full rb1 by now

.. one more thing
    If you have a lot of free time go ahead and do the 3 primal dailies as well that gives coin, on however many characters you want or have time for.

Once again. It comes down to how many alts you have. Sigh..
    Post edited by shopcheese on
  • magiceffect
    Options
    I never understood why certain spend promos only give NP S cards. A lot of people would benefit from specific A cards aswell, or at least the Incarcerate S card.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    Would putting a spend promo value be something people want? :O I mean it's (assumed) widespread knowledge that people go for the candleflame set, but is PWE puts a dollar amount on it, I wonder how people would react... Not even sure that's a suggestion anyone would want floated by them (?) Could always ask, unless people want to eternally try and random for the A cards and not have to worry about spend promos. I guess I'm just a bit hesitant in case it get executed poorly.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • magiceffect
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I know a lot of people who spent ridiculous amounts on trying to 2nd rb the set. We would certainly go for anything that guarantees completion. I hate how after 12-13b put into buying coins, on top of farming on 4 characters daily, I am not at the finish line after 2 years now...

So yes, I think it a nice idea, as long as the value is not ridiculous. If S usually costs 1.2k gold, I would imagine 250g is fine for one specific A. It is a big difference, but it would allow a lot more people to close the insane power gap between 2nd/1st rb NP and anything else... I only imagine it would also incetivise the super rich to spend more. And in general, after 2-3 years of some gear/upgrade appearing, it would be nice to provide a less costly route.

We once had a spin wheel in charge promo, with a chance for specifcic A cards, but cmon we all hate chances by now.

Like in my case, I got 3/6 2nd rb set, and on top of that, 2 more cards from the other 3 I need to 2nd rb. I would at least get 2 of the same cards I now have, to get to 5/6 2nd rb...

• weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Options
    I agree I still need locen to (RE)complete my set, I'm tired of farming on multi fsp toons for cards for my main, when I still need cards for my 2 secondary mains.

When my Main toon cannot reach that level of spirit and damage that my type of build thrives on, hard hitting but not as godly damaging as a set is for how im built.

It's beyond frustrating because I wish they could in fact put a price tag on a set from botique and I can farm coins and buy one , think I've dropped just about 5 billion coins in catalysts , and countless hours on my alts army spamming fsp for coins (trust me ask anybody on etherblade , they know how much I spam) , and still am coming up empty handed when I see people dropping like 450 mill or way less gaining full sets, if not a full single rb set of the candleflame set .

And just like the OP is asking, just trying to get it done as within the means , but still being able to probably enjoy pk , or anything else u need defense or attack for ,
    I don't know the last time I even got to enjoy pk unless it's nw and then it's business. Since every last shred of my coins goes into my hs or packs for A cards.

I seen somplace on the forums about the next expansion, I think they was suppose release whole sets in pack form? I was gonna ask to see if anybody could confirm this.
    Vae Victis.
  • toughguy24
    toughguy24 Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    Another question. Just got lucky and got 5/6 of the needed for the candlestick set. The only card I need is ghost wing. Any suggestions on getting this single card? Any advice is helpful.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    Just keep farmimg FSP and keep trying. Farm other Sources of coin and Buy FSP coins to make packs...​​
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    toughguy24 wrote: »
    Another question. Just got lucky and got 5/6 of the needed for the candlestick set. The only card I need is ghost wing. Any suggestions on getting this single card? Any advice is helpful.

Congratulations. Now remember those sacrifices we talked about, this is where they come in. If no sacrifice is offered, you might end up spending more than 2~4 times the amount of time, gold, coins for that 1 cards compared to the other 5 cards.

Spamming, if you want to burn gold, might want to think of war avatar pack sale, try a catalyst sale.​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    I would suggest buy flowsilver coins when I did it I opened roughly 700 packs the first time then about another 800 then another 400 A pack the result was. About 3-4b and 3 locen 3 mistress 1 gorath, 2 Chico , 2 ahoe, 4 ghostwing. Ghostwing was the easier and most ppl agree on that one good luck
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • toughguy24
    toughguy24 Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    If I do end up getting ghost wing and completing my set. What kind of power differences am I looking at. Can someone explain what I could be looking at if I actually get it.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    That depends heavily on your current cards. random a cards 40/40 compared to the set is an increase of 70% of the stats you gain from each card. Its compareable to exchanging your 40/40 A-cards with 80/80 S-Cards. If you rb them its even better obviously. One way or another. it is worth it. Otherwise I would'nt have gotten the set on 5 chars and now working on 2 more. The cards are under the most important parts of the gear these days.

Would I aim for the set when I wouldnt be full+10 r9? Nope. Would I finish ornaments and all before getting the cards? Yap (+10 refine tho). Would I get CoM/WoA or an emperor first? Nope. Cards are alot more efficient than that stuff especially considering cost/efficiency.
  • weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Options
    I seen in a few threads ago about them talking about selling packs with the full sets (which will be tradable) anybody knows what's up with that? It's supposed to come on an expasion , just looking for a confirmation.
    Vae Victis.