Legacy Marks - Who wants them back?

Options
spaz95
spaz95 Posts: 110 Arc User
Im sure im not alone on this. Could we get the Legacy Marks back? (Cant be bothered reading the rant? Skip to end for short)pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/47232 That if you are unaware of what it is.

Where the game is at now you are required to do a STUPID amount of dailies for a character. Daily quests are not bad. But when they take near an hour to complete if not more when you count FSJ and UP (soon UPJ).

Now you might say "you have action stones". Valid point, but thats not what im getting at. Its not the hour per character per day (even though thats a ****ing nightmare). Im talking about the time it takes to get from Arcane 1 to Shifting 10. It is ridiculous not to mention the next 10 Sky levels soon to come with over 1m vitae needed to max that out. Endless dailies is not "content" it is half assed filler that a 5 year old can come up with.

Dailies are not fun. No one enjoys mundain daily quests. I do enjoy the UP and FSJ. Glad i do since the requirements for the items from them are ridiculous too. But literally MONTHS of dailies is a bit too much dont you think? How do you expect to keep players engaged with such lack luster and frankly forced dailies? I have always said it but one way to drive away gamers is have boring repetitive gameplay. At least with the mark we dont have to spend MONTHS on this garbage and will allow new players to get competitive.

Spirit and primal skills are a MUST if you wanna compete at any lvl of pk and even some dungeons.

In short: To many dailies for it to be fun and engaging. They are just pure frustration for new players and old. A low population game should be more streamline allowing access to new people. Not throwing years of garbage content for them to play catch up on. They will quit before even trying.

Comments

• spaz95
    Options
    I wouldnt mind if they added the mark into Cash Shop (im a 100% free player) for like 2-4 gold (if tradable) that lasts a month.
  • dhannita
    dhannita Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    we want legacy mark back yeahh xD
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    Did anyone do the math on the Legacy Mark and how much that speeds things up?

Also making a 30 day version would probably mean a new item ID same name and a new time duration (unless the time duration is a separate attribute and can be affected separately.) I haven't looked at this item in a while, but it is untradeable right?

I could float the suggestion if it'll help people along in dailies and see what they say.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • spaz95
    edited September 2016
    Options

Also making a 30 day version would probably mean a new item ID same name and a new time duration (unless the time duration is a separate attribute and can be affected separately.) I haven't looked at this item in a while, but it is untradeable right?

I could float the suggestion if it'll help people along in dailies and see what they say.

Yeah 14 day timer and character bound. But i doubt it would take much man power to code an item since its base model is already in game.

But what really needs to be changed is the access to new players. I really dont think they understand how many dailies they ask from us that are a MUST. UP = 40min~, FSJ =15min~, Morai = 15min, Primal = 30min, HS = 30min~. Thats over 2 hours of dailies. God forbid you have an alt! You have to do that for months. 60 hours a month will take around 6 months or so 360 hours for a offensively p2w game. I really fail to understand how this can come to be.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    spaz95 wrote: »

Yeah 14 day timer and character bound. But i doubt it would take much man power to code an item since its base model is already in game.

But what really needs to be changed is the access to new players. I really dont think they understand how many dailies they ask from us that are a MUST. UP = 40min~, FSJ =15min~, Morai = 15min, Primal = 30min, HS = 30min~. Thats over 2 hours of dailies. God forbid you have an alt!
    Don't forget time spent forming squads too. I don't even bother with most dailies anymore.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • spaz95
    Options

But what really needs to be changed is the access to new players. I really dont think they understand how many dailies they ask from us that are a MUST. UP = 40min~, FSJ =15min~, Morai = 15min, Primal = 30min, HS = 30min~. Thats over 2 hours of dailies. God forbid you have an alt!
    Don't forget time spent forming squads too. I don't even bother with most dailies anymore.​​

haha jesus i didnt even factor that in. Yeah 10-20min for fsj/fsd squad and 30-50 exta min for UP squad if you dont have Pre-made/regular ones...
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    I'd be happy with a way to manufacture Ancient Pills, tbh. Like say, via the coins from xtw?​​
  • spaz95
    Options
    chary wrote: »
    I'd be happy with a way to manufacture Ancient Pills, tbh. Like say, via the coins from xtw?​​

I wanna make the game accessible to new people so we can get some new blood. Not for my own army of alts. xTW will not help the new bloods. Infact i cant even do xTW since its at 2am for me and lags like a fat kid on a slide
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    NW/RW rewards also works. Or can also give the option for lucky coins. I just suggested the xtw coins 'cause there's nothing you can get atm besides timed charms and the mounts with them.​​
  • dregen543210
    dregen543210 Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Did they say they were going to try and put in some invitation scroll items in Event gold shop? It's nice we're getting all this free event gold but what would be nicer is something we can actually spend all this event gold on. Like Inkdragon pots, for example, since pretty much every HL player is playing at a huge disadvantage in pvp unless they can skip work for a moment to do RW.

RW doesn't even make sense...you literally just have to be online for 10 seconds, take the faction signet, and hit something once, then get free 20% crit damage reduction and 100 spirit in pvp. This is balanced gameplay?
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    They will not add this, you know there is a new sky level coming correct? I believe that's the reason they are not adding this back. Same as ancient gift. It wont surprise me if they suddenly disable the ancient gift effect, this company is completely anti-player base, not the local guys, Domino and ornjj are amazing guys, the ones in CN are full of BS.

To be fair the CN games are a grind fest and this is no exception.
  • spaz95
    Options
    samasalao wrote: »
    They will not add this, you know there is a new sky level coming correct? I believe that's the reason they are not adding this back. Same as ancient gift. It wont surprise me if they suddenly disable the ancient gift effect, this company is completely anti-player base, not the local guys, Domino and ornjj are amazing guys, the ones in CN are full of BS.

To be fair the CN games are a grind fest and this is no exception.

I did state that a new sky level is coming out. You need over 1million Vitae to max it out. I asked a GM "why are there so many dailies" the response was "To keep players engaged". That shows to me they have no idea how to run a basic MMO. Most of the people in this game would love to start a new character but then you remember "Oh **** i have about 8 months of straight dailies EVERY day for just Shifting X." You are F***ed when the next vitae bs rolls out. That will be a few MONTHS for just those 10 levels alone.

A game that will possibly enforce dailies for over a year really needs to fire some fools.
  • spaz95
    Options
    Did they say they were going to try and put in some invitation scroll items in Event gold shop? It's nice we're getting all this free event gold but what would be nicer is something we can actually spend all this event gold on. Like Inkdragon pots, for example, since pretty much every HL player is playing at a huge disadvantage in pvp unless they can skip work for a moment to do RW.

RW doesn't even make sense...you literally just have to be online for 10 seconds, take the faction signet, and hit something once, then get free 20% crit damage reduction and 100 spirit in pvp. This is balanced gameplay?

RW makes lots of sense in the CN version. Unfortunately Western players like PvE servers. So the RW system is broken as fk with with PvE flagged players. You can blame this player base. I chose a PvP server for a reason. This game is built to focus on PvP not PvE. But i guess that choice doesnt bloody matter anymore.
  • dregen543210
    Options

RW makes lots of sense in the CN version. Unfortunately Western players like PvE servers. So the RW system is broken as fk with with PvE flagged players. You can blame this player base. I chose a PvP server for a reason. This game is built to focus on PvP not PvE. But i guess that choice doesnt bloody matter anymore.

I don't even care that RW is broken and PWI doesn't care. I EXPECT every single thing PWI implements to be broken. The problem here is that east coast players on Dawnglory are at a huge disadvantage to EU players due to inkdragon pots. No other event provides essentially the equivalent of several billion coins worth of refines/gear in just a single click.

Not expecting this problem to be fixed since I know PWI doesn't actually realize the huge impact this has on X-TW, TW, and all serious pvp events.

• spaz95
    Options

I don't even care that RW is broken and PWI doesn't care. I EXPECT every single thing PWI implements to be broken. The problem here is that east coast players on Dawnglory are at a huge disadvantage to EU players due to inkdragon pots. No other event provides essentially the equivalent of several billion coins worth of refines/gear in just a single click.

Not expecting this problem to be fixed since I know PWI doesn't actually realize the huge impact this has on X-TW, TW, and all serious pvp events.

I accept the timezone issues. Im in Australia the worst place in the world for Western MMO's so im use to that **** haha But yeah it is unfair fair for the Eastern players to be forced to EU time zone when they chose their own zone.
  • arspaulina#4310
    Options
    Invitation Scrolls I think caused an issue in conjunction with Wukong as it was providing the item you get to exchange for the gems. Since Wukong is no longer active, it might not be as big of an issue having the scrolls, but scrolls are still random. Would the outright contents just be better? Orinj is currently not in the office, so anything on it would have to be after he gets back. Invitation Scrolls/contents were higher up in the list until all the other stuff came up (The xNW discussions, the Boundless issue, some of the promo's getting all wonky), but hopefully since we've dialed back down and anniversary is almost over, this can be pushed back up in importance.

For RW, players have to flip white named as far as the few times I've done it, though isn't it completely porked when you're blue?

That's CN's way of "player engagement" and is perhaps their official stance. Boredom can come from anything - having too little content to do, having too much content to do every single day as a necessity, farming, merchanting, long wait times for squad, same people in WC every day arguing etc.

But it's still a valid point to have if not the scrolls at least the contents readily available. And since Anni has pumped some more event gold into players hands, if we can get the scrolls/contents in there at a good price, it'd probably help out alot. Post Anni though, they're going to have to keep the flow of Event Gold coming in.
  • dregen543210
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Invitation Scrolls I think caused an issue in conjunction with Wukong as it was providing the item you get to exchange for the gems. Since Wukong is no longer active, it might not be as big of an issue having the scrolls, but scrolls are still random. Would the outright contents just be better? Orinj is currently not in the office, so anything on it would have to be after he gets back. Invitation Scrolls/contents were higher up in the list until all the other stuff came up (The xNW discussions, the Boundless issue, some of the promo's getting all wonky), but hopefully since we've dialed back down and anniversary is almost over, this can be pushed back up in importance.

For RW, players have to flip white named as far as the few times I've done it, though isn't it completely porked when you're blue?

That's CN's way of "player engagement" and is perhaps their official stance. Boredom can come from anything - having too little content to do, having too much content to do every single day as a necessity, farming, merchanting, long wait times for squad, same people in WC every day arguing etc.

But it's still a valid point to have if not the scrolls at least the contents readily available. And since Anni has pumped some more event gold into players hands, if we can get the scrolls/contents in there at a good price, it'd probably help out alot. Post Anni though, they're going to have to keep the flow of Event Gold coming in.

Well I personally have several thousand dragonlord coins, as well as close to 3000 event gold. I've farmed what I can, but unless I quit my job there's no way I can reliably get off work for the 10 seconds it takes to do a RW. And to add more insult, if I do manage to get off work for a bit to start up PWI, RW is random and can be either on Thursday or Wednesday.

Something as vital to X-TW and TW (which is pretty much the only reason a lot of endgamers still play anymore) as inkdragon pots should be obtainable by other means than just a once-weekly semi-random event.

I don't care about free charms, ancient gifts, or w/e. I can just buy charms with lucky coins, and buy vitae pills if I really wanted fast vitae. But I could have 100 billion coins to buy whatever I wanted and I would still be at the same 20%+ disadvantage to every player in EU due to inkdragon pots only being obtainable once per weekday at a strict 2PM time slot (for east coast players).
  • spaz95
    Options

I just want the legacy mark back. The whole "invite a friend" system doesnt really matter to me since the Ancient Gifts would become useless and everything else from the scrolls cost chump change :neutral: . But heaps of people were sad to see it leave so it would be nice for that to come back into the mix.
  • weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Options
    I think the legacy mark should come back for players that stay offline the 20 days , for the title but also for alts , thing is I have 1 primary main and 2 secondary strong alt mains that needs tons of things that I have no time to do little boosts like the, gift seroiuslly assist those toons.

I have a huge alt army for hs and fsp as well, alot of ftpers will do things like that to survive in a game where cash is king, we ftps need time to farm too and are having less time to do so with so many daily obstacles .

Alts costs an insane amount of time to manage culti/sky levels ect. too never u mind u have super tricked out gear for em , at the end of the day of they can't even get into the instances in with the gear is needed it's kinda a problem.

Plus I also have experience the exact same problem I don't get off work in enough time to do rw (also I really can't be bothered to join a faction, ain't got time for that drama)

And I need inkdragons as well and have no way to get them just put gifts/ and ink dragon's into the lucky coin trade section .

I'd perfer lucky coins to use instead of e gold cause occasionally we have e gold droughts and there will always be accessible.
    Vae Victis.
  • spaz95
    Options
    weapon762 wrote: »
    I think the legacy mark should come back for players that stay offline the 20 days , for the title but also for alts , thing is I have 1 primary main and 2 secondary strong alt mains that needs tons of things that I have no time to do little boosts like the, gift seroiuslly assist those toons.

I want them back for alts sure. But primarily for new players to catch up. Look at it from this point of view

They learn that end game gear costs BILLIONS of coins, thousands of farming hours or thousands of dollars to get end game. Then they also learn 7-15 months of dailies (im factoring in the next 10 sky lvls that are on their way). You HAVE to do these dailies every day if you wanna even think about PvP.

Then you decide nuh ill go PvE. Oh you wanna be PvE? Well you can forget about UP coz people only bring r9. FSJ is only useful once a day. Lunar utter garbage off of 2x. WS 15 min of mob waves then a very mundane dungeon. EU? useless. AEU even more useless. So what are you left with? The most mind numbing dailies you can think of.

That is not accessible to new people. I sure as hell wouldnt play this game if i had to come into it blind and not knowing how to merchant.

• ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    Options
    Same thoughts here. Legacy Mark or an item of greater boosting capabilities needs to be put out for sale on either boutique or event boutique. Hell, even from an NPC with Lucky Coins or other items could do the work. Otherwise, there's a point where it's simply too hard for alts and news players to catch up.

War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    chary wrote: »
    I'd be happy with a way to manufacture Ancient Pills, tbh. Like say, via the coins from xtw?

This works for me.

Something I was in the understanding they where going to do something with.

Since I have not done the Daily quest for well over a month "Got annoyed with the same OLD every day" Cant really say much more than this.​​
  • arspaulina#4310
    Options
    Well Orinj is back in the office, but due to CN's Golden Week holiday nothing can be actively done this week. But discussions can still open up for sure - think hes playing catch up as well so give him a few to breathe a bit.

Oooo sounds interesting, but it might need to be more easily accessible for player than just xtw coin (since the point of the post is thats its harder for new or returning players to get up to speed in comparison to the active playerbase). Maybe we could have that as another option (?)
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    Fair point. Use an item that is obsolete as a Base in DQ items...

Dolh how come I just thought of that.
  • spaz95
    Options

Oooo sounds interesting, but it might need to be more easily accessible for player than just xtw coin (since the point of the post is thats its harder for new or returning players to get up to speed in comparison to the active playerbase). Maybe we could have that as another option (?)

All players who play this game can agree the shop is designed to put a paying player at a bigger advantage than a free player. Lets not even pretend that this isnt the case. So given its current cs model. Why not make Ancient Gifts a farmable option using DQ mats or something of that nature and the Legacy Mark as a CS item (1-3 gold for 15-30 days).

This way new players who are not sure if they want to drop irl money into the game yet also have an option to get to the core player base for free. Then seeing an item that is far better than the free Ancient gift they are more likely to pay to get said item. To get money from your average F2P player is to make them feel like they dont HAVE to pay for something. If you want a successful model to be P2W create an illusion that there is no need to pay. This method creates that illusion.

Jesus Christ I feel dirty for even saying any of that. Im going to go take a shower.

• jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    Personally i think if legacy is put in the event boutique for 5~10 gold, would be of a greater benefit. We were expecting the legacy mark as part of the code that came out the first code (for a way to even things out for players who got rb1 and rb 2 pills, while others did not get anything), but that did not happen fox-14.gif.

Alts are alts, getting the legacy mark for alts, especially when it is not tradeable, not stashable, cash shop item, it defeats the purpose to have the item because you can not take your alt army around with the main.

Having it available in forms of nw token, pack token exchange or event gold might be more useful than Cash shop item.

That being said, i would recommend to find some long term farming option for event gold, or have a regular code set up for it, if things are going to be added to the event gold shop.​​
  • spaz95
    Options
    jabq wrote: »

Having it available in forms of nw token, pack token exchange or event gold might be more useful than Cash shop item.
    ​​

Yeah but im mainly arguing this for new people not alts. NW token (depends on the amount needed) will make it hard for new people. What you expect a level 60 to enter NW and enjoy getting 1 shot for 2 hours? The dude has 0 spirit getting hit for 500k when you have 3000 hp would just be infuriating :pensive:

Pack Token just = Cash Shop item..

Event gold isnt regular enough for it to be put in there since a player will use almost ALL the event gold on refining your armor/weapon (all the event gold for the next year - two years).

• jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yeah but im mainly arguing this for new people not alts.

But new players are a myth in pwi onion-32.gif

I just want the item available, so my alts can stop lagging behind. Heck i won't mind them being added in morai daily quest thing. So alts can buy it at 3.5k prestige. Let's hope they bring it back, because 3 gold = 12m minimum price. That is hard to dish out for alts or new players, every 2 weeks to a month.​​
  • spaz95
    Options
    jabq wrote: »
    Yeah but im mainly arguing this for new people not alts.

But new players are a myth in pwi

I just want the item available, so my alts can stop lagging behind. Heck i won't mind them being added in morai daily quest thing. So alts can buy it at 3.5k prestige. Let's hope they bring it back, because 3 gold = 12m minimum price. That is hard to dish out for alts or new players, every 2 weeks to a month.​​

12 mill is chump change. But thats why I said they should allow Ancient Gifts to be farmable somehow and put legacy in the cash shop. We get hundreds if not thousands of new people every year. Only a small few stick with the game. Yeah the community for PWI is pathetically small. But the current build of this game is not new player friendly. They make it newbie friendly watch how many people will stay

I probs help 2-3 people a week who are new to the game (or claim to be). But they soon after leave because the grind is too much for a Western audience.