Yahoo Accounts ****

thedoc1212
thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
Just putting it out there i got a email from yahoo saying to update my password and phone due to they got ****. So check your yahoo accounts and change the info.

Comments

• thedoc1212
    not sure why its sensoring H A C K E D
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    WOW that's an odd censored word... if I edited your title to something that doesn't get blown by the censor would you mind? D: Thanks forum filters. But YES! Thank you for the reminder!
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    I know it's a pain but you should change your password for this every 3 to 6 months.

Also Hotmail and Google where affected a few months ago so it's logical to do them as well.

Good reminder.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    AT&T gets h4ck3d on a regular basis by people who use the account information for spam bots.

I also recommend using complex passwords. 9-15 characters containing upper-case, lower-case, numbers, and symbols. Though that doesn't really make a difference when the data is stolen from the vault, it does make it so people won't "guess" your password. Also, don't use the same password for everything. I have 20 passwords that I use, 6 of them more regular than others. No linked account has the same password. (i.e. game password is not the same as the email account the game is registered to.)

Also, I kinda like the *'s in the title. :P​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rtmira
    rtmira Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Many yahoo accounts where 'hckd' a couple of years ago. People recieved a mail to change the password(s) back then. For the people who didn't do it or ignored the message- always check the spam box- there is still a possibility to get 'hckd'

Personally I'm using different passwords for each site, programs and even some of the applications I've written except for a few sites, some of them give a warning when it has to be changed (like once per year) I change them every month. Most of my passwords- have 67 at the moment- look like this: e:A/Sw\!t*bv0q!L_2SYGTv+to0:*J4~btg;%Noktlh+SF"_^00pAuO$yx33#_xd
    There are a few apps/sites that also send a code to my mobile phone. Extra security :blush:

But back to Yahoo: It was in the news a couple of weeks ago that a **** took place a couple of years ago. By bringing it to the news (in both the USA as in Europe) investments in Yahoo where brought down. For the users it was a simple message, just another warning that a **** took place (read: change the password).
  • thedoc1212
    WOW that's an odd censored word... if I edited your title to something that doesn't get blown by the censor would you mind? D: Thanks forum filters. But YES! Thank you for the reminder!

just got home but yeah please do to so people know. I contacted Customer support since my password to a account and email are now changed