Cat shops

I think in order to make items easier to find in cat shops, we should sell certain items in 1 of 3 area of Arch.
Just to make stuff easier to find. This should benifit sellers and buyers.

The three areas, i propose are West, East and South Arch.

Example of my idea is that says...

Skill books are sold in South Arch along with pages, Coins and tokens etc

Mounts and flyers, herbs, apot, fashion, Dragon Orbs Homestead items, etc in west

Mirages, refining aids, weapons and gear in East Arch.

Items become easier to find.

Less congestion and lag from having most cat shops in the same area.

I propsed the example items in west due to the npc near by as with East has the city elder for refining. Also I only prose 3 area due to there being only 3 instant/illusion stones in Arch.

Faction leaders... any thoughts?

Yay? Nay?

-Thank you

Comments

• nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    As much as something like this is very useful it is most likely never going to happen...
    Simple solution to your problem is the catshop bots which record what is in each shop and post cords and cheapest price of items.
    http://pwcats.info/
    ;D hope this helps
    You can change your server at the top right of the page
    EX: PWI: Twilight Temple
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    there edicate im on etherblade and most follow common sense especially if they want to actualy sale stuff fast .

Over by west gate people have always sold fash and charms and if you move litile in the middle of the cross way its packs and pigments and over by the banker its dq and teles ,over by west tely its high end gems gear and hard to get items its been like that sense heavens tear.

i kinda would like there shops spread out tho like fash in say east door with pigments and dyes south door weapons armor north pack items and packs

kinda something like that just so theres no lag spikes and dc server wide
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    I mean people do plop in those general areas, but West ends up becoming a "Free Market" esque area where everyone sorta dumps themselves there. Not sure if commission shops have alleviated this issue (read : probably didn't help much except for high ticket items), but it'd be like, no pun intended, trying to herd cats. It's hard to get a "system" going. You'd have to sort of retrain the playerbase in a way. Without actually trying to actively move people or kicking clients offline past a certain point, I'm not sure how else we can drive a system that reduces lag in West Archo. Not saying it can't work we'd just need a way to work something like this into reality without crushing anyone's toes XD *thinks while sipping tea*

Heh, Lagasaur keeping it's namesake.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    This is Sanctuary's "system" which became Twilight Temple's system because Lost City merchants got wrecked during the merge.

G67V5Nx.jpg

NW/TT/Rank 8 by their respective forges, refining by the elder, chi stones by the southern Watcher of the Earth. North, South, and West teleporters get used so shops sprung up around there. East tele is too new so no established business there.
  • druppyjkj
    druppyjkj Posts: 19 Arc User
    that map is cool. its way to hard to find stuff in cat shops. you can spend like an hour looking through them in west.

at this point i just skip em and look in commission shop and auction house.

I thought more people would have been interested. fail :(
  • roziveru
    roziveru Posts: 37 Arc User
    I want ALL catshops to be in one place like the center archo plate with bh npc so i don't need to walk around.1.0

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    capnk wrote: »
    This is Sanctuary's "system" which became Twilight Temple's system because Lost City merchants got wrecked during the merge.

G67V5Nx.jpg

NW/TT/Rank 8 by their respective forges, refining by the elder, chi stones by the southern Watcher of the Earth. North, South, and West teleporters get used so shops sprung up around there. East tele is too new so no established business there.

I second this with one minor adjustment - Rank 8 and recast materials are mainly sold by the forges near the faction Base NPC by east teleporter and rarely do I see many by north. I like the layout on this server - though west is probably still a lag fest for some as there are a LOT of shops for gems and pack items in the west crossroads.​​
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    It would be nice to have an instanced area where we can set up offline catshops. It won't get as muhc traffic as arch, but it does help people who don't want to keep their computers on 24/7.
  • arspaulina#4310
    Offline Catshops? So essentially a little shop that sells for you in a specific area (that is like a holding tank for items -just input and leave it there) that's not like a commission shop or like putting stuff in the AH? That'd be cool :o dunno how coding that would work though, but that does sound pretty cool.
  • spaz95
    spaz95 Posts: 110 Arc User

G67V5Nx.jpg

Rekt? Hah! your funny i increased my profits by 300% in the Nv3 market when merge happened because of how much your server over paid for +7 items. It was glorious!
  • ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
    spaz95 wrote: »

G67V5Nx.jpg

Rekt? Hah! your funny i increased my profits by 300% in the Nv3 market when merge happened because of how much your server over paid for +7 items. It was glorious!

And LC's arrangment was pretty much the same thing to be fair.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    The game already has Offline Shop using Dragon Mark Contract but it's not free. (cmmiw)
  • andyauditore
    andyauditore Posts: 52 Arc User
    I think the Packs/Event shops should move somewhere else. They're among Fashion and Tokens shops. It's gonna be a lot more airy. I would suggest South on the road, between Banker and Divine Emissary. It's near almost all needed NPCs.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    On Dawnglory, we got:
    FSP items (+ few other random things/books/gems) around north teleporter OR near the Resistance Force Leader NPC
    NW stuff near north forges.
    r8 "mostly" near faction base npc (mostly, because you can find r8 mats here and there).
    TT stuff at General Summer.
    Tokens at west banker.
    Crafting mats (for crafting low gear equipment) at west blacksmith.
    Pigments are usually located in the west crossroad.
    You can find most of the AEU pots near west teleporter.
    Packs are concentrated around west banker (though you can find them in other locations at west)
    R9 stuff, refine orbs and some more gems/sockets can be found near west mysterious merchant.
    OHT/sockets/warsoul are up on the central platform.

There's actually a method to this madness, and if you know it, finding stuff isn't that hard.
    Then, obviously, there's the random catshop that sell random stuff at the random spot. Or that is placed in the right spot but also has stuff that should located somewhere else...

Consignment shop was a great idea, with the horrible detail of needing a cashshop item to work (not to mention needing to be near the commission NPC to actually buy things). In the end, what it really offers is a sort/search function that you can use anywhere.
  • n3murinomori
    n3murinomori Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    To be honest if the staff were to get involved i'd only ask them to make markers on the ground in West archosaur ... like make the ground for an area have a color under it and maybe a text with recommended sell location for X stuff , something like this :smile:rWtEmsX.png
    TheGreatKhan of DawnGlory
    sadasdds.png
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    That TT map is missing a lot of points tbh. Also that LC merchants got wrecked is a wrong word to use. They moved to sanctuarys spots and got paid good for it. As someone who joined a LC faction i can tell you i often saw messages in faction chats where people were excited and happy because of their catshop earning a lot more
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    This sounds all nice and dandy, except that each type of stuff is best sold usually where potential clients need it.
    It is why mirage catshops r near Archo elder, nw items r near nw forges, orbs near orb npc, home items near respective npc's, herbs at 1k, and so on.

On top of that, stuff like teles r best sold in places with lots of catshops and a illusion teleporter for obvious reasons.

So then, it is pretty hard for a honest player to cover all said places due to you know ... that rule which says you should not play on more than 2 accounts :smile:

All that being said, I do not understand why there are still huge amounts of catshops in west archo. Many of them might aswell be split moved to LC where most players go for bh, SP for pvp stuff/consumables and why not FSP buyer shops at the fin entrance to FSP :smile: I guess it has to do with consumer inertia. once you get used to a specific type of service, you will be less inclined to spend time on making a different choice. And since mos tplayers are consumers only...

You are then free to make a smart choice as a trader, if you can afford a period of not selling until people get used to your new location and word spreads around. Of course, your prices have to go down a bit to incetivize people, but hey its all doable. If you're not a greedy **** that is, which we all are!
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • arspaulina#4310
    Random aside - it's the old player in me, but my immediate knee jerk reaction to seeing SP is Secret Passage not Silver Pool and I think "wait no Secret Passage PvP has been disabled for a while now hasn't it?"

I think it's also laziness too - if people think "everything is going to be in West Archo" people will just run up and down the center lane. Definitely agree with the word of mouth thing. Are Lost City catshops still a big thing? I haven't checked them out in a long time.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    and why not FSP buyer shops at the fin entrance to FSP

I am not sure about other servers but this is how it is on TT. It's convenient... except for the random catastrophic catshopicide tiger-14.gif.​​
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »
    I am not sure about other servers but this is how it is on TT. It's convenient... except for the random catastrophic catshopicide tiger-14.gif.

I know, trying to find a specific item that does not fall in the list that capn provided, makes people become onion-28.gif. The pain becomes too real in this pixel world.​​
  • magiceffect
    i meant entrance npc, not kirin town :D. Shopicide would not be a thing at drag tower me thinks :D.
    On dawnglory (mind you, I am not playing so often anymore) I do not remember seing cathsops near the npc.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Kirin town is better (in my opinion) as its where the majority ends up after finishing a run. Now you want to sell them, oh what a confidence - shops right next to you! If you buy instead of sell then you also want to be in kirin town, as you need go there to exchange it into the non-tradeable coins. Not to mention a lot of people just port into the instance now from the illusion stone, many dont even go to dragon tower anymore. Setting flow coins at entrance dont make sense to me.
    So catshops (at least on my server) are placed perfectly for flow coin.
    Only problem with that place is when someone decide to be annoying and kill all the catshops there.
  • magiceffect
    Pathetic :). I hadn't even noticed that there is a ill stone option to go into fsp :smiley: . Mea culpa.