Auction House event fail

Options
scruncy
scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
Dear PWI !

Do you actually thinking 1or2 min about the things you are doing?
You put a Love up and Down into the auction house, which has a IG value of about 1b (on Dawnglory). The max bid in the auction house is 200m.
Now the first person to bid 200m will get the tome since nobody can overbid that.

Now how clever is that?

Comments

• iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Options
    Its very clever. Someone will either not have to overpay for a LUaD tome, or if its not bound upon receipt, could sell it for an overpriced amount and make a great profit
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    Oh hey look its another thread on this... oh wait never mind, I was in a different thread that was asking about it (Why do I feel like all I see is this topic haha!) Copy pasta from that thread the relevant position of what I've said about this.

[ I think it'd be a logistical nightmare if they did it another way. Doing it outside of AH in chats would run the risk of someone getting mad their bid didn't win or favoritism or something else (oh its too short, oh only for the rich, oh I was AFK and there wasn't enough announcements). Can't really auction in a catshop (that has limits) or using the commission shop. Any items below the 200 mil threshold people wouldn't have complained about. Guess its a cheap Love Up and Down someone got *shrugs* - I could always ping them to see if they'll change it mid stream for any items above 200 mil worth, but if people don't like the outcome after that, well then *throws hands up* Least I tried. ]
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    The point is, they should not sell items with a IG value over 200m.
    Sell 10* orbs, War avatar Catalyts or something else. There are other usefull items. And dont sell just 1, sell a few, so more people have a chance. Selling a LUAD is just idiotic. Whats next? A CoM for 200m?
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I agree with @scruncy on this one. This is the same as the time when people **** the code that gave out blessings and mailed themselves luad instead. They set up luad to be sold in the auction house. If they really wanted to make it fun, just tweak it so only 1 coin bids can be made, and people have to wait 1~5 minutes before bidding. The clicking frenzy would help the mice companies have a small spike in their sales.

You can sell mounts/flyers/other related items that are valued at 100m~300m. If Pan gu tome was put in there, the "normal user" would have been happier. The bidding hall could be used for a higher value item. Put COM starting bid 100 gold, increments of 30 gold and watch that price rise.

I would like to draw attention that orbs can not be sold in the auction house for a number of reasons. They will also cause client instability.​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Thats a great idea lol 1 coin increments would be so troll
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    Ha nice idea above.

Amusing.
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    Options
    Lol xD I actually think that's nice from the GMs. They contribute to stabilize in-game's economy, which greedy players screwed up. I mean, let's get real: People who can afford such overpriced items don't really need them anymore, and people who need them can't afford them (or already quitted the game). So this AH event with such nice end-game items is just a good opportunity for non-billionare players to get their gear.

On Etherblade, Scroll of Tome price went down like half a month ago, and it was just beautiful to see it being sold for less than 1b coins, as it gives some players hope with their goal of reaching end-game gears.

Honestly, I hope they keep doing this kind of events. Plus, billionare people have a shot at it too. They see it as an opportunity to increase their fortune even more xD, and not let other people be on their lvl of gears in PvP.

So in this case, the fastest one to bid won. Now let's wait for a CoM.
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    @ironpwner you do know it was one item per server? I presume the remarks were sarcastic in nature when stabilizing the game economy was mentioned ID4EPOk.png.​​