Welcome back redeem code for old players

Comments

• potatoking
    potatoking Posts: 28 Arc User
    i want to get that 50% vitae gifts for returning player . th
  • lilkitsu#4417
    lilkitsu#4417 Posts: 87 Arc User
    oh if your after the item that gives 50% vitae you need invitation scrolls, but the code for that expired over a month ago. Also the returning warrior that gives the better version of that item was taken out of the game, and doesnt exist with a code. For the time being there is no way to get either of those items. Sorry, but you're out of luck on that
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    Basically PWI disabled returning warriors so returning players would have a hell of a time catching up. Why? because they could not give a damn about it, that's the motto on this MMO: "We don't give a damn about our playerbase". So disabling ultra useful stuff like invitation scrolls and returning warriors is what they do every time they can, why? because is free, and check the motto just above.

So yes you are out of luck, and while you are at it, do yourself a favor and go to another newer MMO, you will be better there.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    ouch well honestly if you leave for like 3-6 months can you really expect a code with e-mail dated that far back work lol?

yeah but it does suck

i think certain codes you get in mail should tell you its expiration date or say does not expire would be nice.
  • idkoklol
    idkoklol Posts: 8 Arc User
    Follow the new harsh-tag: #PWIisDEAD. Pwi proves this with each "news" they release. I come back after being away since 2011 and honestly, idk where to begin catching up. It is like 'catching up is out of reach'. There are no incentives for brand new players to level up (like me. I had to start all over a new Archer because I forgot my old account's name and email from 2011), given the fact that 99.999% of players are 101+ with full G16 and r9. If you ask me the game is in its final stages, and I doubt they will see any influx of players anytime soon given how long it takes to fully farm G16 or useful end-game equipment for non-cashers. #PWIisDEAD
  • spytfyre
    spytfyre Posts: 8 Arc User
    pwi just need to fix some things and the players will come back as soon as the a-holes leave ijs its F2P what else do ya want if you quit playing for 2+yrs a welcome back scroll of tome (<sarcasm incase yall diidnt know )
  • laiwaisan
    lmao off ok first off pwi is not dead second most always come back how many here know of people that come back after few months or a year break usually real life issues or mostly school raise you hand
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    What is this I dont even...

1) Invitation Scrolls don't even really give you an edge or any sort of advantage, so missing out on a code is really not a big deal. And as always if there's particular drops/items from the scrolls that are wanted, it doesn't kill anyone to suggest these items be made available in other ways.
    2) People have been claiming "game is dead" ever since the first packs, so that's nothing new.
    3) Returning Warrior was actually in the game for far too long and only incentivized people to have alts on friendslists left logged out for x amount of times to farm.

G16 is near to end game gears, why would that need to be "easy to farm?". You can go the TT route (tons of mats have been farmed for the proper gear progressions) if you don't want to burn the 3 mil per Lunar run. Or you can buy the pieces outright. There are dozens of guides on how to do this, google is your friend. If it's too easy people will claim "game is dead" because progression can be got in a short time. Too long and its the same deal. There is no right way to go about it.

At any rate, aside from all that, codes have had an uptick recently due to the anniversary, so I wouldn't worry too much.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    What is this I dont even...

1) Invitation Scrolls don't even really give you an edge or any sort of advantage, so missing out on a code is really not a big deal. And as always if there's particular drops/items from the scrolls that are wanted, it doesn't kill anyone to suggest these items be made available in other ways.
    2) People have been claiming "game is dead" ever since the first packs, so that's nothing new.
    3) Returning Warrior was actually in the game for far too long and only incentivized people to have alts on friendslists left logged out for x amount of times to farm.

1) BS, do you even play the game? It gives the ultra useful ancient gift, Deep reflection shards for afk leveling, double defense and double mdef charms which give a ridiculous defensive edge in battle, Mattack and attack charms for any weapon, inkdragon for a spirit edge if you are low on spirit, but above all it was FREE. So even if you can get those items in the game they are gonna cost you. The worst part? old player amassed hundreds of them and are pretty much stacked of these items forever, new players or returning players.. yea it sucks to come back to this ****.

2) I agree on this but compared to the 2008-2009 era, the large number of players everywhere, the fair mechanics, people having fun questing, free events often, helpful community, a ridiculously efficient - community oriented community manager (Where are you Spoons!) balanced somewhat mechanics (venos were powerful but unlike sins and DB now) this game or whatever is remaining is a joke, now is charge 1200 USD get 1/6th of the best card set in the game kind of event which is BS.

3) Returning Warrior was awesome, when I came back it made re-birthing a breeze, same gaining those pesky sky levels, I would not been playing without Returning Warriors to be honest, awesome stuff was awesome, trying to level a 101 0 spirit character to rebirth 2, cards, meridian, Shifting sky, blood skills and now homestead is quite a overwhelming task, without returning warriors is not worth it doing so.
  • laiwaisan
    LOL

I think our mod was pitching something to them to get ancient gift to us etc as for the other comments i will give you the famous roll your eyes with a blank look lol i suppose you want ff back to lol
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    1) Yes I do play. Not 8 hours a day like I used to though. I've been playing for 7+ years. All those items are not necessary for a new player, unless you're trying to TW/PK proper. And if you're a new player, why jump the gun so fast into a TW faction or into mass PK? Maybe it's my oldness showing, but I'd much prefer relying on genie skills and pots for the damage buffs during solo play XD

As far as returning players depends on how long your break is, depends on weather you were in a TW faction previously etc. so this will affect some of the above on a case by case basis. I've come back before from breaks and had times where I had friends who could kickstart me back - other times I had to struggle a bit to get reacquainted with everything :(

Doesn't hurt to get a suggestion going for "Can we have these buffs/utility available another way?" rather than turning on an event that I doubt they want to again for the aforementioned reasons. PWE has been better at responding and moving on player suggestions recently, but I'll re ping them back and see what they say.

2) I remember some of the Spoon's era and people loved his no nonsense talk :P I've been though pretty much every era of CM's (but unfortunately I only vaguely remember the one before Domino). Maybe its just me, but I think particularly after the middle of Frankie's stint here, there seemed to be some withdrawal. Looks like there's attempts at patching things up so I'm more on the optimistic end. Would be cool if they ran an official vanilla version...

3) It's pretty lame when its a small percentage of people that mess up something that genuinely is good for everyone. Or even worse, when changes pass through because of the parent company version. PWI can make unique changes to this version and create programs/incentives that split away from CN. I'd like to see them try and create stuff here that doesn't necessarily rely on waiting on CN to act upon it, but it's kinda in that weird space of "we don't know what their limitations are", so so far, I've been working with what I do know (i.e. things going into the Event Gold shop and suggesting more wider distribution of event gold to facilitate that). It's always a work in progress ;-;

I've had my tea, so I'm in better spirits!

EDIT : I keep forgetting the filter hates certain words ZZz
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    May be the returning warrior buff and the other stuff could come back but only for characters who have been inactive for at least 90 days?
    This way would help ensure that the buff is given to more of the right players, those actually returning from a break.
  • laiwaisan
    arspaulina why you even giving this person the time or day lol get back to work lol no more breaks for you lol you got a break when you got this job lol jk hugs
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I'd have to say the domino/orinj combo approaches the level of discourse we had when Spoons was around. I remember mid-2009 straight-up asking Spoons via PM when we could expect the gold trading system to not be a joke anymore, and he honestly told me he didn't know if it was possible. You could just tell he actually gave a **** about this game as much as we did (and yes, the 150-200k gold of that era sounds miraculous today, but you have to remember that today's inflation and coin availability hadn't kicked in yet... and the irony is, this was when DQs still had value).

Frankie's era was the low point. We had incompetent devs, all game balance was being actively thrown out the window with the advent of packs and R9, and Frankie's response to virtually anything (if he appeared at all) was... soon. We will never forget the soon. :(
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server