Better Gm Event pleas

Options
laiwaisan
laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Suggestion Box
more fair event

Random Gm drops around pwi not just in arc
drops last till picked up.
system message lets you know general area where drops are like an easter egg hunt.
drops last till someone picks it up does not disappear.
system tells and keeps track of how many Gm drops are still around
Duke blacky shouts out who got what
Gm drops are bound
meant for fun not profit

bring on the haters

Comments

• artixstar90
    artixstar90 Posts: 22 Arc User
    Options
    Not a hate thread, though you have earned those quite a few of them for other posts, but... how is the event going on not fair? you can either try to kill the gm, or you can run around arc trying to pick up items. Just because someone else picks up the item before you do doesnt mean the event is unfair. It's not the gms fault that there are jerks that are dropping one coin everywhere to keep others from picking up. That's just players taking a good thing and ruining it for others. But all in all the event is fair.

Why bind the items? You've been wanting that mother of the pack pet. If someone picks it up before you, it's still fair, but you have to buy it from them. If that particular item bound upon picking up, there would be several players who picked it up and unable to pass it on to a veno, and by pass i mean transfer it to their own veno or sell to another player.

Where i will hate on is having Duke Blacke shout out everytime someone picked something up. that gets annoying really fast, and if the items were to bind upon picking up there would be no point in that.

• laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Options
    PWI › Suggestion Box=NOT DEBATE I dont have any real power all i can do is ask and sometimes i get it like the spend promo 50$ get a Dark Machinated Terror after that they started doing a lot of those mount promos so they do listen

You guys can burn me at the stake in general chat but as far as Suggestion Box thread goes i will no longer will be responding to comments i will post and forget because that's all it is PWI › Suggestion Box laters
  • writerred
    writerred Posts: 68 Arc User
    Options
    In the suggestion box you need players to agree with you, for it to be considered
  • lilkitsu#4417
    lilkitsu#4417 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I fail to see how the reply above is a burn. it is merely a disagreement.
    you are right that PWE does listen to suggestions from time to time, but like the post above me says. you need people to agree with you for PWE to take it seriously and if people are disagreeing with you PWE is less likely to use the suggestion.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    Duke shouts have "traditionally" only been for pack items, I'm not sure if that can be messed with. If you pick up certain pack items off the ground I think (?) there's shouts, not sure if they've fixed some of that.

GM's have the power to broadcast manually, is that what you mean? That would have to be something they do for sure - should let them know next time to have a more vague location announcement rather than more easy to reach locations. Maybe see if they can do a thing during Christmas with that in mind? ;D

I don't believe (?) there are items that can just "bind" to you when you pick them up, nevermind that GM's wouldn't be able to drop those items for players.

Items when dropped are set on a universal timer and will vanish - I doubt they can make them last longer (?)

So I guess the main takeaway points from this would be -

* GM Pinata events in the future should bring more diverse locations
    * GM's should be more "vague" in announcing locations to give a fairer chance
    * GM's should utilize the Broadcast system in the ways that they can without spamming to enhance the event
    * Perhaps more diverse items, more days, longer hours or some other ways of balancing the events (?)

This sound about right? Given some of the limitations as stated above, these would be easier/ more workable parameters.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    * GM Pinata events in the future should bring more diverse locations
    * GM's should be more "vague" in announcing locations to give a fairer chance
    * GM's should utilize the Broadcast system in the ways that they can without spamming to enhance the event
    * Perhaps more diverse items, more days, longer hours or some other ways of balancing the events (?)
    1. Sounds fun!
    2. More vague? I never found the GM during the Hide & Seek event and I was seriously trying! But it could be just me having a problem, I'm not the smartest person... If I can state my opinion, I'd prefer more clear clues actually, not more vague.
    3. Yeah spamming, especially Duke shouting over and over, can be a bit irritating. Some balance would be best.
    4. Sounds cool! I'd love that.