Althea Promo Answer!

arspaulina#4310
arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
edited September 2016 in General Discussion
For everyone who is wondering what the outcome will be for the Althea promo currently being ran -
Update:

We are aware that there is an issue with the Ultimate Spend Promo. It’s not possible for us to “patch” the issue, but rest assured, EVERYONE who meets the requirements for this current spend promo will be eligible for the prizes and will receive the prizes a few days after the event is over. Once the event is over, our team will run a data pull to figure out which players qualified for which reward tiers and then distribute all the rewards to everyone that qualified. If you have mistakingly received the rewards at the start of this event, you will still qualify to get your rewards, even the ones that you received by mistake. If you didn’t get anything at all and you qualified for that reward tier, we will make sure that you get everything that you’re supposed to get.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will make sure this type of issue does not happen again.

The PWI team

Any resulting duplicate threads and all current standing ones on this topic will be locked and redirected to this announcement here for any future inquires/discussions. Thanks again!

UPDATE - 9/21
orinj wrote: »
shunsai wrote: »
How am I the only one that sees the possibility that the token will remain a token and people who didn't spend 1,200 won't get a card?

You're not the only one. Tokens are only valid if they've been paid for. Glitched tokens are worthless. They cannot + will not be exchanged into the actual cards.

⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
Post edited by arspaulina#4310 on

Comments

• splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    alright, thanks again, @arspaulina#4310

question remains, if we happened to receive the first althea card by mistake at the start and spend another 1200 gold, will we end up with 2 tickets. its unclear from the news update. (sorry for being annoying, but 1200 gold are no peanuts)
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    I think the wording is a bit unclear so I am going to ask. If we received rewards will we be getting duplicate rewards when data pull happens? It says everybody who qualified will be getting rewards but it just feels bit too generous knowing PWE. I personally take the at the start of event to mean those whom got goodies with last months contribution, not the ones who spent this time and happened to get their rewards.

This isnt too stressing matter as I wont be spending any more on this promo but more of a if I should be expecting more goodies in my mail when event ends.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Just out of curiousity... It seems a lot of people received rewards this promo cuz they qualified last promo, so basically their points last promo got duped and carried over into this one (aka they didnt spend anything this promo but still got rewards as if they did), will they keep the items they mistakenly received? Or will it also be checked that these people did indeed qualify for their reward?
  • dingo488
    edited September 2016
    superfedee wrote: »
    everyone that has a token will get the card mistaken or not​​

hehe, thats a terribly convenient answer from someone I'm assuming got this token for free, but for those that didn't this is scaling pretty high on the bullshjt meter.

@arspaulina#4310 I have no doubt that the people that do spend their 1200 gold will receive their card, this much is a given, but what about the people that are getting the card without spending any gold at all due to this glitch, which happens to be quite a lot of people.

If this were some $10 thing that would be whatever, but some people are charging $1000,- to get these cards, while others are getting it for free due to a ''glitch''. I think this is terribly unfair to those that did spend 1200 gold this promo, and I think the severity is very much understated, like I said before, we aren't talking about a $10,- gift here, some people are spending a lot of money to get this stuff. How do you expect people to pay so much for something that others are just getting for free. I think the only way to rectify this is by giving everyone the card or making it more accessible and then make 100% sure this sort of clownfiesta doesn't happen again in the future. This is basically on the same level of the Dragon Orb fiasco a few years ago where some people got 100+ 10* Dragon Orbs, while others were left with none, of course this time it was completely unintentional by the players but it still happened. But I think its ridiculous to give random people a gift that others spend 1200 gold for to get and just brush it off as ''just another glitch, whoopsie''.

• therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    superfedee wrote: »
    everyone that has a token will get the card mistaken or not​​

hehe, thats a terribly convenient answer from someone I'm assuming got this token for free, but for those that didn't this is scaling pretty high on the bullshjt meter.

@arspaulina#4310 I have no doubt that the people that do spend their 1200 gold will receive their card, this much is a given, but what about the people that are getting the card without spending any gold at all due to this glitch, which happens to be quite a lot of people.

If this were some $10 thing that would be whatever, but some people are charging $1000,- to get these cards, while others are getting it for free due to a ''glitch''. I think this is terribly unfair to those that did spend 1200 gold this promo, and I think the severity is very much understated, like I said before, we aren't talking about a $10,- gift here, some people are spending a lot of money to get this stuff. How do you expect people to pay so much for something that others are just getting for free. I think the only way to rectify this is by giving everyone the card or making it more accessible and then make 100% sure this sort of clownfiesta doesn't happen again in the future. This is basically on the same level of the Dragon Orb fiasco a few years ago where some people got 100+ 10* Dragon Orbs, while others were left with none, of course this time it was completely unintentional by the players but it still happened. But I think its ridiculous to give random people a gift that others spend 1200 gold for to get and just brush it off as ''just another glitch, whoopsie''.

+12
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • splendideyes
    " If you have mistakingly received the rewards at the start of this event, you will still qualify to get your rewards, even the ones that you received by mistake."

that one cant be missunderstood, @dingo488

2,5 hours till sales end and idk what to do.
  • shunsai
    shunsai Posts: 21 Arc User
    I'll be the skeptic here and say that while people who received the mount and the Althea token will indeed get another mount and Althea token for participating in the promo, but only 1 token will be exchanged for the card. They will have the duplicate Althea token as a souvenir only.
  • dingo488
    Ye I'm not questioning that they'll get their card, I'm just saying its bullshjt that some people that spent 0 gold during this spend promo will get a free nuema portal card while others have to spend 1200 gold for it, due to this ''glitch''.

Not on a ''why do they get free 10m coin'' level, but on a ''why do they get something that others paid $1000,- for, for free'' level.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    I randomly got a mount and I didnt even buy anything last promo. Someone pls explain.​​
  • dregen543210
    dregen543210 Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Well I guess I'll take my free mount, free Nuema portal cards are nice too...bit odd considering how PWI is always harping about how tightly China restricts access to top-tier items.

The sad thing is that I could get 3/6 free neuma portal and it'll still be useless because the last 3 I'd need would cost more than the total value of my endgame char. :neutral:
  • artixstar90
    artixstar90 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    the promo was supposed to last until the 25th but the news page on it is missing. did they stop the event early because of the glitches with it?
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    the promo was supposed to last until the 25th but the news page on it is missing. did they stop the event early because of the glitches with it?

It's still there for me. Judging by their update message it won't be interrupted regardless of the issues *shrugs*
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • igoplop
    igoplop Posts: 124 Arc User

For me the announcement was off for like 30 mins or so, then it appeared again.
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    igoplop wrote: »

For me the announcement was off for like 30 mins or so, then it appeared again.

it's not showing up on my client either
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • dylandarkk1
    dylandarkk1 Posts: 64 Arc User
    Can we get clarifications. The GM said that the Althea token from anniversary event and the Althea spend promo are two different items and will not be glitched. In other words we can get 2 Althea cards. Is this correct?
  • clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    PWI can and will **** you over every time they can. Don't be surprised if you never got it and never do....
  • dylandarkk1
    I did not get the Althea S Card from Anniversary event on this maintenance. Can someone clarify if on the end of spend promo I will get 2 Althea S card, one from Anniversary event another from the Spend promo?
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Update:

We are aware that there is an issue with the Ultimate Spend Promo. It’s not possible for us to “patch” the issue, but rest assured, EVERYONE who meets the requirements for this current spend promo will be eligible for the prizes and will receive the prizes a few days after the event is over. Once the event is over, our team will run a data pull to figure out which players qualified for which reward tiers and then distribute all the rewards to everyone that qualified. If you have mistakingly received the rewards at the start of this event, you will still qualify to get your rewards, even the ones that you received by mistake. If you didn’t get anything at all and you qualified for that reward tier, we will make sure that you get everything that you’re supposed to get.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will make sure this type of issue does not happen again.

The PWI team

@dylandarkk1 There is no other "Anniversary Event" that rewards you with an Althea card. The Althea Spend Promo and the "Anniversary Event" you speak of are one and the same. But it glitched so some people (who did not actually spend any gold for this promo) accidentally received a token for the card. Whether or not they will receive another one for actually meeting the requirements, has not yet been clarified, but if I understand the post correctly you will still get another token for actually spending 1200 gold. In other words some people will end up with a duplicate card (I guess?). You will find out for sure at the end of the promo unless we get another update by then.

(Correct me if my information was off)

​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • dylandarkk1
    This is the message of the GM towards me.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us again.

We appreciate your interest for our Spend Rewards promotion! Please be advised that since you received a War Avatar S: Althea as a random reward from the Anniversary Event, fulfilling the Spend Reward promotion is a different story thus will not be treated as a glitch. For as long as you are eligible for the Spend Rewards tier prizes, you will receive them as it should be. For any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Take care and good day!

does that mean I will still get 2 Althea S cards?
  • kartter
    kartter Posts: 152 Arc User
    You get 2 Althea S cards, if you got 2 token.
  • dylandarkk1
    kartter wrote: »
    You get 2 Althea S cards, if you got 2 token.

oh kk Thank You very much :)
  • splendideyes
    clearly that GM has not read the update of the arc newspost then. i would not bet on it.
  • dylandarkk1
    clearly that GM has not read the update of the arc newspost then. i would not bet on it.

I already spoke to 3 GMS on same ticket and they all said the same thing
  • splendideyes
    okay so the event employee that posts the news calls it a glitch and the email support staff calls it random rewards? :D
  • dylandarkk1
    I'm actually on process of waiting a reply right now for clarifying if indeed I will get 2 Althea S card. Will update as soon as they reply.
  • splendideyes
    more than 3 days without a reply to my ticket #feelsbadman
    any update @dylandarkk1 ?
  • dartwave
    dartwave Posts: 14 Arc User
    lol RIP pwi , i see too much incompetence from the staff. Its becoming a clown game. How can you even try to spread this **** about random anniversary event? There has never been any post or announcement about that. You're just inventing **** to justify your mistakes and incompetence. Your petty attempt to fool us is even more ridiculous than your mistakes. Take your responsabilities and give a card to every players, because this **** is really nonsense.
  • therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    dartwave wrote: »
    lol RIP pwi , i see too much incompetence from the staff. Its becoming a clown game. How can you even try to spread this **** about random anniversary event? There has never been any post or announcement about that. You're just inventing **** to justify your mistakes and incompetence. Your petty attempt to fool us is even more ridiculous than your mistakes. Take your responsabilities and give a card to every players, because this **** is really nonsense.

preach filthy xD
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere