Boundless Purify Proc and Is Boundless Worth It?

1789101113»

Comments

• magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    @hawke1000
    Bro, we need to talk in game and figure this shizz out. Let's do some 1v1's so I can feel the puri diff better. I know last time we had a bit of fun, altho I felt like I needed a bit more muscle.

If I had a r9r4 +12 wep I would not bother thinking about going back, but since its +11 I would need to pay some more just for it. So I always have the option to not spend that, get the prev +12 r9r3 wep, and invest the 145 gold into other things....

When several experienced pvp'ers insist that I must be crazy, I should prolly listen!

@rest
    Someone gave a comparison between r9r3 and 4, with a "minor" 200 on top of 4k damage diff. 5% is a decent increase in damage when you are close to true end game. One thing I noticed, the diff in attk levels is only 5, as opposed to 9 in my case. My take is that for peeps who previously had a scky roll on r9r3, the damage increase is higher, between 5-10% like I initially stated.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    @hawke1000 exactly, it is all about keeping yourself on point with position which is why i would never take it. I am a yoloer, i love to just run into the thick of things for better or worse lol someone like you who is skillful in position and kiting can totally rule with the extra damage for sure.

Just so im not confusing anyone, Its not 200 on top of anything, 200 per hit is what that difference in base dmg and attack levels translates to in a "per hit" scenario with end game gear. I tend to think totally in averages because im not good at this math thing and all the variables make it hard to compare across the board x) hopefully someone better with these things can comment
  • hawke1000
    hawke1000 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    @hawke1000
    Bro, we need to talk in game and figure this shizz out. Let's do some 1v1's so I can feel the puri diff better. I know last time we had a bit of fun, altho I felt like I needed a bit more muscle.

If I had a r9r4 +12 wep I would not bother thinking about going back, but since its +11 I would need to pay some more just for it. So I always have the option to not spend that, get the prev +12 r9r3 wep, and invest the 145 gold into other things....

When several experienced pvp'ers insist that I must be crazy, I should prolly listen!

Sure bro! I'm down for it whenever you wanna, would be happy to discuss this with you. :)

eirghan wrote: »
    @hawke1000 exactly, it is all about keeping yourself on point with position which is why i would never take it. I am a yoloer, i love to just run into the thick of things for better or worse lol someone like you who is skillful in position and kiting can totally rule with the extra damage for sure.

Just so im not confusing anyone, Its not 200 on top of anything, 200 per hit is what that difference in base dmg and attack levels translates to in a "per hit" scenario with end game gear. I tend to think totally in averages because im not good at this math thing and all the variables make it hard to compare across the board x) hopefully someone better with these things can comment

Yep! exactly, and I would definitely recommend R9r3 for yoloing myself! :D Cheers <33333 c:

EDIT: Never-mind, tested this R9r4 weapon thoroughly & even saw there's no damage difference between R9r3 and R9r4 which makes R9r3 massively superior to this R9r4 weapon, rolling back. XD

~ Ruby_Inferno​​
    Post edited by hawke1000 on
  • eirghan
    edited August 2016
    U669num.png

Before this thread dies out I wanted to say a big

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

to @orinj and the support staff at PWE. Also a big thank you to everyone who commented on this thread to bring attention to this :)

Finally got an acceptable roll on my Etherwalker limitless pataka yesterday and it feels so good to have it back tiger-48.gif I was battling my husband and I actually lived. He yelled as I ran away "can't you get your old weapon back...tiger-14.gif"

pig-26.gifCouldn't be happier, thank you!pig-26.gif
    ​​
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    Grats on getting your wep back Eir! But i'm kinda sad that CN devs can't do anything about the coding for Purify weps on the boundless weps...that extra damage and channeling is so good. x,x

• eirghan
    Grats on getting your wep back Eir! But i'm kinda sad that CN devs can't do anything about the coding for Purify weps on the boundless weps...that extra damage and channeling is so good. x,x

IKR monkey-13.gif if only we could have it all. But thanks monkey-4.gif​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User

CN doesnt want to make another modification for our version. Can you imagine the outrage of CN playerbase if they changed rates on their purify?
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • magiceffect
    Still waiting on my r9r3 wep back :D. Only got badges for 4 rolls, but since my initial one was kind of crappy, high chance I will do better with just those 4 attempts :smiley:
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    eirghan you used jones blessings for that calc. now try the same with omalley blessing and call the outcome a "dmg boost" that some poeple here are claiming, especially spellstormer who thinks he deals 10% more dmg with r9.4+11. for that money you could reengrave a ring to 20 magic and call it dmg boost too.
  • eirghan
    edited September 2016
    That damage calc was created with the exact information that was given to me by you in your post here:

http://mypers.pw/9/#432332 hf playing around.

I didnt "use" anything. I made it identical to what YOU used.

Are you a troll? Its already been proven it is a boost. Are you unhappy with the amount vs the cost? Throwing calcs at people and telling them to do work for you isnt the way to argue against it. Lol. Im not going back and doing that all again... I gave you about an hour and a half worth of my time and benefit of a doubt. If you would like to prove something please do the ground work and present your hypothesis instead of throwing calcs and blessings around and using broad terms vs numbers.
  • dregen543210
    dregen543210 Posts: 110 Arc User
    eirghan you used jones blessings for that calc. now try the same with omalley blessing and call the outcome a "dmg boost" that some poeple here are claiming, especially spellstormer who thinks he deals 10% more dmg with r9.4+11. for that money you could reengrave a ring to 20 magic and call it dmg boost too.

All the relevant damage numbers have already been posted. What Spellstormer said is entirely anecdotal- you know what that means right?

People don't say "I feel like I'm doing 6.4454% more damage". They give nice, round numbers. He said, "I FEEL like I'm doing 5-10% damage", and for anecdotal purposes, that's completely fine.

• eirghan

All the relevant damage numbers have already been posted. What Spellstormer said is entirely anecdotal- you know what that means right?

People don't say "I feel like I'm doing 6.4454% more damage". They give nice, round numbers. He said, "I FEEL like I'm doing 5-10% damage", and for anecdotal purposes, that's completely fine.

I already gave you exactly the numbers your perfect calc should do. To get the percentage you divide the two then times by 100. The rough percent increase based on your calc is about 4%.

I dont understand why you are a) telling me to do it all again with omalleys or what difference that makes and b) what that calc or me have to do with spellstormer. We're not the same people.

If you want spellstormer to change what they are saying address them... I merely looked at what you were saying: you implied there is no increase, and gave us a calc and said "go for it". So I used the calc you asked us to look at to prove that there is an increase. If there is something you disagree with other than an anecdote that spellstormer said feel free to post exactly what you believe to be wrong. Other than that I'll just assume you're angry about people using anecdotes and trolling.
  • dregen543210
    dregen543210 Posts: 110 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »

I already gave you exactly the numbers your perfect calc should do. To get the percentage you divide the two then times by 100. The rough percent increase based on your calc is about 4%.

I dont understand why you are a) telling me to do it all again with omalleys or what difference that makes and b) what that calc or me have to do with spellstormer. We're not the same people.

If you want spellstormer to change what they are saying address them... I merely looked at what you were saying: you implied there is no increase, and gave us a calc and said "go for it". So I used the calc you asked us to look at to prove that there is an increase. If there is something you disagree with other than an anecdote that spellstormer said feel free to post exactly what you believe to be wrong. Other than that I'll just assume you're angry about people using anecdotes and trolling.

@eirghan I think you misread my post. I was talking to splendideyes. As far as boundless vs limitless my calcs were getting anywhere from 4-10% depending on rolls/class.

• magiceffect
    Minor amendment. I was trying to joke around, dun take everything so serious...
    In the meanwhile, my feelings changed again :smiley: I could see how during last tw I was doing a hell lot more damage. Work on that :smiley:

I'll be keeping the r9r4, since I am not a tw factor to start with, so I only get focused when I **** something up badly (usually somehow getting in front of the line, all alone and scared and po_ped on by enemies :) ). Besides, I find the current deal insulting. At least I can pay the 145 gold and +12 wep, and try to benefit from the extra damage and survivability, significant or not.

I hate how PWI gives you the chance to get back what you had, but forgets that you spent around 2b to get the new stuff on top of what you already had.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    superfedee wrote: »
    man positioning in tw is essential, gets you killed or not, makes you kill stuff or not
    better purify means better positioning aswell...​​
    I would agree before paralyze and disarm were invented :D But now? Arguable.
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • sspringgzz
    sspringgzz Posts: 6 Arc User
    have anyone yet tested the boundless zerk proc rate yet?
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    sspringgzz wrote: »

All proc rates besides purify spell are the same​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• sspringgzz
    sspringgzz Posts: 6 Arc User
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    sspringgzz wrote: »

All proc rates besides purify spell are the same​​

Thankie! Cuz some said higher, some said lower -.-
  • magiceffect
    edited September 2016
    superfedee wrote: »
    man positioning in tw is essential, gets you killed or not, makes you kill stuff or not
    better purify means better positioning aswell...​​

Yes it does, except for what @shade13 mentioned, and one other thing which makes my TW life miserable, huge lag. Even though puri in itself favours better positioning, it does not provide it alone.

In 1v1, its clearly imperative to have as high a proc rate as possible, but I only seldom do 1v1, just to see various skills and learn how to avoid/predict dmg spikes on me from specific classes.
    Post edited by magiceffect on
  • splendideyes
    little update in my case: i get threatened with punishment in my ticket, telling me to provide proof of discarding my r9.4 weapon (that i paid 1.5 bil for - all wasted), even though i am still trying to reroll my r9.3 weapon (21 times so far, all garbage).

-how come other people can keep both?
    -how come other people got supplied with basic badges?
    -how come we suddenly arent allowed to finish our r9.3 before we discard the r9.4?
    -how come we didnt get a refund for the orbs and mats of the r9.4?
  • eirghan
    edited September 2016
    @splendideyes

-how come other people can keep both?

We couldnt. We had to discard our old cn weapon. It was stated by orinj earlier in the thread.

-how come other people got supplied with basic badges?

We werent. We all had to farm our own badges. Only this week sales were they released in cash shop but no one got for free far as i know.

-how come we suddenly arent allowed to finish our r9.3 before we discard the r9.4?

Its not sudden, if you read the thread it was stated since the very beginning before anyone got r93 back that the old cn one had to be destroyed. Only people speculated we could keep r94 for limited farming time, however i believe most only abused this benefit for about a week or a few days of intense farming.

-how come we didnt get a refund for the orbs and mats of the r9.4?

There was no reasom given for this but some speculate its to prevent an influx of extra orbs and cn mats that we have no use for from flooding the market.

Where are you seeing all this info abour people getting free stuff and keeping their weap?
  • splendideyes
    its not an influx, because we already purchased these items once. in my case i would use the items for my assassin instead.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    If they were to refund mats specifically they would need to be bound variants to send through the mail. Which as far as I know, no bound version exists and we all know what happens when they try to send bound variants - people just glitch them :( So this was also probably why they didn't specifically do mats compensation. I am still seeing if I can tap them for putting Basic Badges into the Event Gold shop but haven't heard anything on that front as of yet (lol sorry every time I mention these its "I haven't heard anything" QQ )

The orbs...did you get them sent to you for your refinement levels? I thought they sent at least something out O_O'
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • eirghan
    Im not arguing with you, i would love my mats back too, but that's what our options are and we knew before we request exchange.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    :P Heh, nah, no arguing here, just remembered last time when those mats got sent out through some spend promo and subsequently the market got flooded since people were able to make them unbound.

Basic Badges...when will you be in the Event Gold shop U.U
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • spatz1993
    spatz1993 Posts: 42 Arc User
    Basic Badges...when will you be in the Event Gold shop U.U

Hopefully never. It's one of the few ways to farm money.