I rolled a veno help needed

awatar
awatar Posts: 7 Arc User
Hello fellows!

As title says i made a baby veno and now i need some help and opinions.

First off. Demon's best pros and sages best pros. I made veno for pvp but will use it in pve obviously too.
Then about legendary pets. If i ever buy one what would be a good option? I have read threads about demon vs sage, pet guides etc, but im hoping to get few helpfull opinions, not a bible to read about cons and pros ty :)

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2016

I suggest watching this short video. It includes the basic points (procs/cons) of each cultivation with a few visual examples. You can watch from 0:45 to 3:50 if you're not interested in the prologue/epilogue.

As for legendary pets, I suggest the Monkey King. It's the best PvP pet we have. It does fine in PvE, too. The other legendary pets are nice, but not that great for PvP.
    ​​
  • awatar
    awatar Posts: 7 Arc User
    Wow. Nice video. Ty :) What about pet skills? What scrolls to get that is not obtainable from zoologist? I currently have evolved bear as tank and evolved dino as dd.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Generally, sage if lower geared, demon if higher geared for pvp. Pve, culti doesn't really matter.

For pet skills, you'll be looking for either Protect (mdef buff) or Strong (pdef buff) for the monkey depending on, well, what it's more likely to get killed by. Or you could remove Pounce and get both but meh.​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I personally think there is more merit to being Demon if you're lower geared. You are going to die anyway, but you can pose a serious threat with Demon Ironwood, and Demon Parasitic Nova to a lesser extent. Fox Form speed will make kiting, escaping easier (well, unless there's Duskblades lol) and help close the gap for purge etc. faster.

Sage is like being able to constantly provide support because you will almost always have something at hand. Demon is sometimes much more effective, but can run out of stuff quickly and will have to run back to "recharge". In a scenario with low gear, Sage won't be able to offer as much as it really can, but Demon can still be fairly effective/deadly. That's a bit of generalization of course, but I hope it illustrates my point.

Either way, it's best to pick what suits your playstyle because then you can make the most of out it.

The Zoologist only sells regular skills. You can actually find them in the AH sometimes for a cheaper price. What you will want is the legendary pet skills and for that you have three options:

1. Do the Dragon Temple event yourself and if you're lucky you'll get some skills.
    2. Camp AH in case anyone is selling them there (or ask to buy in world chat).
    3. Buy the skills from the faction base (they are more expensive, but also stronger).

For the Monkey King you will generally want Strong or Protect, or both. I personally went with the magic defence buff, because my monkey is more likely to die from magic AOEs etc. but it will be up to you and what you think your pet dies the most to. Though I think the magic defence buff is more effective because the pet draws defence from your gear as well and you will have higher magic defence by virtue of wearing arcane armor.

​​