Is this real?

Options
eirghan
eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
Not that I expect to get an answer ... But someone is linking this on our world chat. Anyone know if this is legit?

5j1IPHx.jpg

Comments

• krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    Options
    this is a fake. while it appears to be a forum post here in the vanilla forums, i just checked Sheepcloud's list of forum discussions and the last discussion they made was a few months ago. That thread is not in Sheepclouds list. i looked around for all recent discussion and that thread isnt there either. Someone is playing a prank
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • spaz95
    spaz95 Posts: 110 Arc User
    Options
    Highly doubt it since its their 3rd most played game. Also i think a 1 month notice on a game with people who charge hundreds to thousands a week could land them in legal trouble.
  • spaz95
    Options
    Oh and also look at the address bar.

Couldnt even photoshop a real URL in :open_mouth:
  • spaz95
    Options
    Also sheep has not have 1337 posts.
  • krian090590
    Options
    spaz95 wrote: »
    Highly doubt it since its their 3rd most played game. Also i think a 1 month notice on a game with people who charge hundreds to thousands a week could land them in legal trouble.

the ToS is worded very carefully so dont expect there to be any legal trouble. Nothing in game is the property of the player, not even if they put money into it. The way that particular clause is worded would prevent money causing a legal problem,
    S
    But it's simple really. if you want to know just go to Sheepcloud's forum page where it list all the discussions and comments they've posted, and you'll have you're answer
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • eirghan
    Options
    Dont be so quick to assume every post that sheepcloud makes is visible to us plebs :P sorry not enough reassurance to me.
  • eirghan
    Options
    LOL Someone took down the image. well. heres my screenshot of it:

ErWrQzE.png
  • therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    LOL Someone took down the image. well. heres my screenshot of it:

ErWrQzE.png
    sweet 1337 posts
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    Options
    LOL THIS IS SO FUNNY. SheepClouds does NOT have that many forum posts...we haven't even seen nor heard from Sheep.

• spaz95
    Options

the ToS is worded very carefully so dont expect there to be any legal trouble. Nothing in game is the property of the player, not even if they put money into it. The way that particular clause is worded would prevent money causing a legal problem,
    S
    But it's simple really. if you want to know just go to Sheepcloud's forum page where it list all the discussions and comments they've posted, and you'll have you're answer

Admins can choose to have a post private or not. Your method is a naive one.

Correct that the gear is not your property, but they have a service to uphold and if you are willing to spend the money on a legal team you sure as hell will get some form of settlement. (depends on how much you cash shop before it closes ofc),

People have gotten their accounts unbanned by threatening legal action coz they cash shop. So if it shuts down with such short warning its gonna be a sh*t show for arc.
  • writerred
    writerred Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    think about it. If they really were going to close the game, there would be an obvious official post, here in the forum for everyone to find. This troll is playing you good if you really believe in a link posted in wc of an obvious photoshopped image. (Note I am not proficient with Photoshoping, but all it takes is to look at Sheepcloud's forum page to see that the info in the image is incorrect)
    Also look at the date that is mentioned. Do you really think they would close the game on Christmas day?. If they respect the holidays like that have been, their offices would be closed that day, so there would be no one there to close the servers. if they really were going to close the game, they would do it on a much more common day in a normal workweek
  • writerred
    writerred Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Dont be so quick to assume every post that sheepcloud makes is visible to us plebs :P sorry not enough reassurance to me.

Think about what you just said here. If the post is not visible to us then how does an ordinary player in wc have a link to it? If a player can provide a link to a forum post then that post would have to be visible to everyone.

Well, i gotta give props to the troll who made this, cause he's certainly got people questioning if it's real, when it obviously isnt.

The other main flaw is in the date of the post listed. It says September 2016, but if the post is recent, the date of the post would also include the day, not just the month and year. And if it was posted today then there would also be a time stamp saying exactly what time the post was created.
  • eirghan
    edited September 2016
    Options
    writerred wrote: »

Think about what you just said here. If the post is not visible to us then how does an ordinary player in wc have a link to it? If a player can provide a link to a forum post then that post would have to be visible to everyone.

Well, i gotta give props to the troll who made this, cause he's certainly got people questioning if it's real, when it obviously isnt.

The other main flaw is in the date of the post listed. It says September 2016, but if the post is recent, the date of the post would also include the day, not just the month and year. And if it was posted today then there would also be a time stamp saying exactly what time the post was created.

I've seen weirder in these forums both with date and how posts are accessed. I linked to one a while ago where the forum post was "sunk" and could not be found by looking at mods pages, but could be found through digging in history. It was one on a topic like this, of a contest that PWI was trying to put under the covers from a representative that recently left the company. Similar to this post, the post count was messed up along with the date (the date was edited to be a date BEFORE the contest was even created, but the post was announcing winners iirc) It was also a post made by the said employee who left the company... but that employee was still making posts. All manner of weird things seem to happen in these forums. People assume that everything that is legit should look legit but it doesnt always does it?

I did think about what I said here. Do you know the meaning of "leaked"? No I guess you don't. There are lots of free dictionaries online though if you want to look it up. Maybe you should do that next time before you suggest other people are asking stupid questions.

A simple no and heres why can never do. No, the person answering has to act like everyone else is stupid first. *shakes head* would serve you guys right if they do close.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Options
    writerred wrote: »

I've seen weirder in these forums both with date and how posts are accessed. I linked to one a while ago where the forum post was "sunk" and could not be found by looking at mods pages, but could be found through digging in history. It was one on a topic like this, of a contest that PWI was trying to put under the covers from a representative that recently left the company. Similar to this post, the post count was messed up along with the date (the date was edited to be a date BEFORE the contest was even created, but the post was announcing winners iirc) It was also a post made by the said employee who left the company... but that employee was still making posts. All manner of weird things seem to happen in these forums. People assume that everything that is legit should look legit but it doesnt always does it?

I did think about what I said here. Do you know the meaning of "leaked"? No I guess you don't. There are lots of free dictionaries online though if you want to look it up. Maybe you should do that next time before you suggest other people are asking stupid questions.

A simple no and heres why can never do. No, the person answering has to act like everyone else is stupid first. *shakes head* would serve you guys right if they do close.

Honestly, if a game like Jade Dynasty is still alive somehow, it's likely PWI will survive for at least another 3-4 years, if not more.

I played Jade Dynasty like 5 years ago and all AH/areas were just plain dead :scream: , but apparently some in there still spend money.
  • krian090590
    Options
    [

one i know writerred, and he does know the meaning of leaked, and he wasnt questioning your intelligence, he was merely questioning the logic behind the reasoning. So dont get all pissed and bitchy and insult someone else's intelligence. I have been in this game for years and actively read the forums even if i dont always post, and i have never seen your so called "weird posts", and i read every topic thread.

Even if the date thing does happen, the incorrect info of the amount of posts by Sheepcloud which others have pointed out, should be evidence enough that this was photoshopped.

if you want to believe it so much let me give you some time saving-advice. Delete your account you whiny brat, and uninstall, and save us all a headache with your less the believable photoshopped rumor.

If you want people to question it give them the actual link that was posted in world chat, instead of relying on a post of a ss. Let's see the URL

Correct that the gear is not your property, but they have a service to uphold and if you are willing to spend the money on a legal team you sure as hell will get some form of settlement. (depends on how much you cash shop before it closes ofc),

People have gotten their accounts unbanned by threatening legal action coz they cash shop. So if it shuts down with such short warning its gonna be a sh*t show for arc.

you dont pay for a service. what you pay for is in game currency, that's it.
    Etherblade Server
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    1. posts by moderators and PWE employees aren't all visible to us, so the post count would not show us the correct number anyway, possibly. However, going from 81 posts to 1337, that's sorta a flag.
    2. the image displays a really poor edit, the text is off (shifted partially to the right)
    3. The spelling mistakes are really, REALLY bad (to the point where it's just painful and cringy to read), so i'm going out on a hunch and say whoever made this image; his/her first language is not english.

you're being trolled.​​
    Post edited by dblazen1 on
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• oneenergy
    oneenergy Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    If you still feel uncertain about this you should google Sheepcloud's number of posts, 1337. I don't think it's a coincidence.
  • roziveru
    roziveru Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Well memed.

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    *Yawns* Photoshop. *Curls up and fells asleep*
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    I can close down this. This information is incorrect.

For a few reasons and for some I cant explain or say why.

@eirghan when was this posted. Cant find it now.

Thanks.​​
  • eirghan
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @krian090590-
    one i know writerred, and he does know the meaning of leaked, and he wasnt questioning your intelligence, he was merely questioning the logic behind the reasoning. So dont get all pissed and bitchy and insult someone else's intelligence. I have been in this game for years and actively read the forums even if i dont always post, and i have never seen your so called "weird posts", and i read every topic thread.
    Even if the date thing does happen, the incorrect info of the amount of posts by Sheepcloud which others have pointed out, should be evidence enough that this was photoshopped.
    if you want to believe it so much let me give you some time saving-advice. Delete your account you whiny brat, and uninstall, and save us all a headache with your less the believable photoshopped rumor.
    If you want people to question it give them the actual link that was posted in world chat, instead of relying on a post of a ss. Let's see the URL

who peed in your cheerios? Do you get this angry and start hurling insults every time your friend is kind of dickish to people in the forums? Man what I wouldn't pay for that kind of guard dog service.

The original is linked in my main post. I did not create it or why would i have to screencap the original?

You know what. Lol nevermind. Ill just block you. Thanks asterelle.​​
    Post edited by eirghan on
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    Options

A lawyer would not touch that case.
    you buy zen, you get zen. Transaction completed. Now, if you have unused zen you could/should get your money back. Once zen is used, you can't get it back. No matter how much money you have spent, or how much time you have spent, you can't get it back. They could close the servers in the next 7 minutes, and there isn't a goddam thing you or a lawyer could do about it.

NGTUy53.png

• dregenfox
    edited September 2016
    Options
    foley3k wrote: »

you buy zen, you get zen. Transaction completed. Now, if you have unused zen you could/should get your money back. Once zen is used, you can't get it back. No matter how much money you have spent, or how much time you have spent, you can't get it back. They could close the servers in the next 7 minutes, and there isn't a goddam thing you or a lawyer could do about it.

The whole point for many lawyers is to challenge shady business actions like the one you described. If anything, it would be a civil/criminal case, with the grounds of proof being an intent to defraud. You can't open a game, run massive promotions and get people to charge a ton of money, and shut down the service 5 minutes later because its in your ToS. Technically you agreed to their ToS but violations like what you described were not meant to be enforced like that.

The only reason it wouldn't be challenged is because the monetary value is too insignificant to be worth the trouble. But I don't know for sure how much money people are spending in this game.

What PWI would likely do i'm guessing is to inform everyone 3 months ahead of time that the servers would be shutting down, stop taking payments, and give out free rewards/etc to appease customers.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    A long time ago walking through by an ice rink inside of a large mall I got hit in the face with a hockey puck. The thing flew right through a hole in the safety net that surrounded the rink. I thought I could sue and I could be rich! Truth is no lawyer wanted to go up against the big guns. I guess what I'm trying to say is Arc probably has a big enough legal team on stand by to defend against allegations and chances are most, if not all lawyers would not want to touch that.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    Your neighborhood mod can see any posts that aren't visible to the public :)

No this post is not real, I checked all the "hidden" forums. And nothings showing up in anything deleted either. Also, Sheep only has 81 posts, the "leet" post number is suspect and they haven't posted in a while. Also, shutting down servers on Christmas just sounds like a really bad joke (Though there have been jokes in the past of snowmen breaking the servers but that's a whole other thing)

Anything pre-Vanilla age as far as employee accounts go...well there was tons of conspiracies about them I'd rather not resurrect again. But for the sake of sanity, no, this isn't real, I've looked around and it's not a real post anywhere.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »
    foley3k wrote: »

The whole point for many lawyers is to challenge shady business actions like the one you described. If anything, it would be a civil/criminal case, with the grounds of proof being an intent to defraud. You can't open a game, run massive promotions and get people to charge a ton of money, and shut down the service 5 minutes later because its in your ToS. Technically you agreed to their ToS but violations like what you described were not meant to be enforced like that.

The only reason it wouldn't be challenged is because the monetary value is too insignificant to be worth the trouble. But I don't know for sure how much money people are spending in this game.

What PWI would likely do i'm guessing is to inform everyone 3 months ahead of time that the servers would be shutting down, stop taking payments, and give out free rewards/etc to appease customers.

Not to mention there is precedent by PWE to refund zhen, not money, but zhen to be used in their other games after game closes. Cant remember which game it was though as I didnt play it, just heard bout it.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • dregenfox
    Options
    Your neighborhood mod can see any posts that aren't visible to the public :)

No this post is not real, I checked all the "hidden" forums. And nothings showing up in anything deleted either. Also, Sheep only has 81 posts, the "leet" post number is suspect and they haven't posted in a while. Also, shutting down servers on Christmas just sounds like a really bad joke (Though there have been jokes in the past of snowmen breaking the servers but that's a whole other thing)

Anything pre-Vanilla age as far as employee accounts go...well there was tons of conspiracies about them I'd rather not resurrect again. But for the sake of sanity, no, this isn't real, I've looked around and it's not a real post anywhere.

Yeah, I think the simplest answer is the right one here - it's just a prank.

Unless PWE is just a really crappy company with horrible managers most people aren't going to get fired and try to **** with the company, since that would pretty much be committing professional suicide.
  • eirghan
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thats all I was really looking for. It was suspect, but I couldn't rule it out absolutely since there is always suspect things with PWE x) Always nice to check with mods to see if they see anything interesting since IF this was real it would have been leaked by such a mod we can assume, and in which case I would assume mods would not answer at all due to NDA.

And I always like to get my ducks in a row before proceeding to waste my time and money.

Anyway thanks for the reassurance that this IS a bad prank. We can all now enjoy the anniversary sales without a cloud looming over us of what ifs.
    ​​
  • parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Why does she have a 1337 post number? Answer: 1337, leet, l33t - elite :)
    Nice fake pic
This discussion has been closed.