PWI Anniversary Logo Contest!

thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2016 in General Discussion
Happy Anniversary PWI!!!

As we begin our month long celebration of 8 amazing years of PWI, we wanted to do a little something different and hold a very special contest of sorts. Put on your creative hats, this one is going to be fun!

The PWI logo has undergone so many changes over the years, and we wanted to make you guys a very special part of that evolution! So simply put: What does your PWI logo look like to you? That’s right! We’re giving everyone the opportunity to redesign the PWI logo in any way you see fit!

This contest will last for the entire month so that you have ample opportunity to create your perfect logo, and in the end, we’ll take all of the logos submitted and create a very special mosaic that everyone can be proud of!

Oh yeah and you’re going to walk away with some very cool prizes as well.

Duration : 09/01 10:00 – 09/30 23:59

Here’s how this is going to work:

Design an original logo for PWI
All content created must be original (no revamps, reskins, or recolors)
Any medium for this is accepted! (Think outside the box on this one)
All submissions must be 3300 x 4800 (11” x 16”) and at 300 dpi.
We encourage all forms of artistic expression for this event (pen and paper, CGI, Photoshop, Metalcraft, Ceramic, Paper Craft, Macramé, etc...)
You may use the PWI “fonts” but all entries must be English.
Please note in your post your In-Game Name and your Server on all submissions.
You may submit more than one design.

During the event, we will be running an artistic showcase of some logos we really enjoy, if your logo is selected, it will be displayed prominently across our Facebook page, and we will give you full due credit for the submission!

Prizes:

Every person who submits a well-executed submission will receive 100 Event Gold

Every person selected in our artistic showcase will receive an additional 100 Event Gold

At the end of the event we will pick our top 3 favorite submissions those players will receive our grand prizes…

1st Place: Dragon Orb Flame
2nd Place: Dragon Orb Mirage
3rd Place: Dragon Orb Ocean

Good luck everyone! We can’t wait to see what you guys come up with!
Post edited by arspaulina#4310 on

Comments

• fillecool226
    fillecool226 Posts: 27 Arc User
    Do we put our submission here or facebook?

• clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    no thanks
  • roziveru
    roziveru Posts: 37 Arc User
    I'd like to participate but i still didn't get my reward from last time i won forum event 1.0

• xmeowbabyx
    xmeowbabyx Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Character - Doom_Kitty @ Twilight Server Temple

"I designed mine in inches - because that what I assumed you meant by in the brackets 11" x 16" because the other dimensions seemed weird, and more like a poster size. (All submissions must be 3300 x 4800 (11” x 16”) and at 300 dpi).

I also noticed a-lot of entries designed "Posters" instead of logos, so i did both..

xPUwE62.jpg
    R0F6Xxj.jpg

OR

wgVpG8D.jpg
    zBVILIh.jpg

OR

Wv4z2us.jpg
    yKvFYNV.jpg

OR
    0txTloH.jpg
    gr7FBU3.jpg
    Post edited by xmeowbabyx on
    K1WlJi2.png
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,797 Community Moderator
    Do we put our submission here or facebook?

Here... Well I would like think that is correct.

Shame I have no talent when it comes to this subject.

So I shall simply say "Good Luck"​​
  • meel37175978
    meel37175978 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Name: Alanna
    Server: Twilight Temple

pwi3_zpsmntopsem.png

pwi2_zpsp92vh79j.png

pwi1b_zpsg8lb329q.png
    Post edited by meel37175978 on
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    These are my 2 entries i may edit/make another later... ENJOY:D

AstroPixie
    “There is freedom waiting for you,
    On the breezes of the sky,
    And you ask "What if I fall?"
    Oh but my darling,
    What if you fly?”
    ― Erin Hanson

j1ABK4a.jpg

5Ai6Eq8.jpg
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    reserved space​​
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Reserved.
    @thenamesdomino Can you confirm the dimensions should be a width of 3300 and height of 4800? That's taller than it is wide.

EDIT: Added entry:
    iOSSZm2.png
    Y59wp2I.png

Alternate design for the foxies.
    xephNpq.png
    ​​
    Post edited by asterelle on
  • shywa13
    shywa13 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    character: HatefulCat server: Etherblade
    not that good at it but its my first try :D
    [img][/img]11ce1yo.jpg

had a bit time to make another one :pensive:
    2j1pro5.jpg

2ew1b4g.jpg
    Post edited by shywa13 on
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    Imo so far best is Doom_Kitty :)
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • eclipseall
    eclipseall Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Becsta - Etherblade
    zGXg3Ci.jpg
    Post edited by eclipseall on
  • ibajames101
    ibajames101 Posts: 56 Arc User
    BigBlackClock logo looks the best imo all sparkling and dreamy
  • alexandra86
    alexandra86 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Hello guys, here is my entry... Hope you like it...

a5VwaPY.jpg

yx2imxT.jpg

LPrgLwK.jpg

by LadyMaru from Tideswell... :)
    Post edited by alexandra86 on
  • sovereignvis
    sovereignvis Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Well, I guess I will try to enter something... The problem is I always over do things. :D

Update 9/24/2016 DAMN IT!!! I really wanted to make a few cool, awesome, fancy logo designs. But my **** slow piece of **** of a computer just can't handle making things at such a ridiculously high resolution. When I was trying to make some of the ideas I had it was just killing my computer. Why does it have to be at such a massive size? It's so unfair to poor people that can't afford a good computer. :'(
    Post edited by sovereignvis on
  • bigtiggerrs
    bigtiggerrs Posts: 7 Arc User
    well it says to create a logo.. not a banner of sparkles.

A LOGO IS:

A logo (abbreviation of logotype, from Greek: λόγος logos "word" and τύπος typos "imprint") is a graphic mark, emblem, or symbol commonly used by commercial enterprises, organizations and even individuals to aid and promote instant public recognition of their brands/company.

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Preview:
    LSRaBT7.png

Original size (3300 x 4800 / 11” x 16”):
    imgur.com/YKLjVLf

Behind the idea:
    For eight years we've had the winged elf lady on the logo so I thought another winged being would be the most fitting. Whenever I think of the PWI logo, the winged elf is the first thing that comes into my mind. For my entry I used the Harpy because it's my favourite Venomancer pet. The letters have "unfinished" lines to add a bit of playfulness because when I think of this game, I think of fun.

Player: Wyvelin
    Server: Twilight Temple

​​
    Post edited by catgirldesu on
  • alexandra86
    alexandra86 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Sparkles can be taken off, the envy dont... Ijs xD
  • vyoon#7113
    vyoon#7113 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Hi everyone, these are my entries, I hope you like it

1. PWI Across Different Colors of Time
    1z6qmba.jpg
    PWI Forever
    34phm5f.jpg

2. Bright Future Ahead
    es8ex4.jpg
    Dawn of new a chapter
    8x7bqr.jpg

3. PWI Text on Yin Yang
    2sbvdhc.jpg
    It resembles the creator of Perfect World, Pan Gu
    2j4dda1.jpg

4. PWI's Root
    v339mh.jpg
    The iconic logo of PWI in Chinese painting artstyle
    2i0rw5c.jpg

5. All Hail The Nightshades
    2nr31ja.jpg
    Reversed P: Cresent Moon
    W: Duskblade's Saber
    I: Reaper's Wings
    Background Shape: Stormbringer
    2ilzvv8.jpg

Post edited by vyoon#7113 on
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    well it says to create a logo.. not a banner of sparkles.

A LOGO IS:

A logo (abbreviation of logotype, from Greek: λόγος logos "word" and τύπος typos "imprint") is a graphic mark, emblem, or symbol commonly used by commercial enterprises, organizations and even individuals to aid and promote instant public recognition of their brands/company.

You obviously can see my logo :) if i want "sparkles" as my background, why cant i? it isn't against the rules is it? Why limit our creativity to blank background? All these entries are great and creative. Everyone has a different style.
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, I wonder about that... Everyone has good entries, but some of those are more like banners than logos. A bit of clarification would be nice.
    I think everything is clear. It's said logo contest, so it's a logo contest. People just go creative without limits tiger-2.gif
    malllliii wrote: »
    You obviously can see my logo :) if i want "sparkles" as my background, why cant i? it isn't against the rules is it? Why limit our creativity to blank background? All these entries are great and creative. Everyone has a different style.
    Of course you can add whatever you want. But if you overdo, it's not clear where backgroud ends and where actual logo begins monkey-47.gif

Logo examples:

3ece2a1e5a5e5f430f5a530ba1104a14.jpg
    TESV-Skyrim-Logo.jpg
    brand.gif?itok=_aI8_zLB
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4fT7pDzf6LqeOSCi29sFOjKiwu9xdC8_FAtn74Iz7JOsuStlH​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • laddy111
    laddy111 Posts: 14 Arc User
    None of the entries seems to be invalid imo. If the judges have a problem they will say it. let's not focus on the flaws else this will be more work than fun
  • shade13
    laddy111 wrote: »
    None of the entries seems to be invalid imo. If the judges have a problem they will say it. let's not focus on the flaws else this will be more work than fun
    They are not invalid. But people jumped at bigtiggerrs for a legit comment. Designing a logo is not the same as drawing a picture. While everyone is free to choose with what he is entering the contest, some people can be confused if they should take into consideration certain restrictions for this kind of work or not.
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • mayrose
    mayrose Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    mayyrose
    Etherblade
    1CVIAUZ.jpg
    and
    t9bKMqG.gif
    and
    pQWAlF0.jpg
    and
    rgJtdaq.jpg
    and
    EaYysj7.jpg

Post edited by mayrose on
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Meh, who are we to say what is a logo and what is not.
    Some "Logo's" are just... text anyway.
    Just to mention one, Google.
    The thing that makes it more of a logo is that is doesn't use the same color on each letter.

Anything can be a logo, to be honest.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• shade13
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    The thing that makes it more of a logo is that is doesn't use the same color on each letter.

Anything can be a logo, to be honest.​​
    You are absolutely right (= Main types of logo are: symbol, symbol + text or just text. What differs logo from anything else is that you can use it to represent what it advertises. For example, on post cards, t-shirts, informational emails and other forms of advertising, on different backgrounds and in different surrounding.
    From this point of view, everything can be a logo, but not everything can be effective for this particular purpose, even if it's a graphical masterpiece ;)
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • dblazen1
    shade13 wrote: »

Anything can be a logo, to be honest.
    You are absolutely right (= Main types of logo are: symbol, symbol + text or just text. What differs logo from anything else is that you can use it to represent what it advertises. For example, on post cards, t-shirts, informational emails and other forms of advertising, on different backgrounds and in different surrounding.
    From this point of view, everything can be a logo, but not everything can be effective for this particular purpose, even if it's a graphical masterpiece ;)

Well, I never said anything about effectiveness, obviously for a game, just plain text wouldn't be very effective tiger-18.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• shade13
    Well, I never said anything about effectiveness, obviously for a game, just plain text wouldn't be very effective tiger-18.gif​​
    I understood you. What I'm trying to say it's that not every amazing picture can be perceived as a suitable logo, and not every logo is an amazing picture by itself. As for plain text logo for a game, Legends of cryptids is the first example coming to my mind. I agree tho that it can be not competitive in the context of a contest. But contest for fun and designing real thing also differ.

I don't know how it will be judged, maybe it's ok to ignore some formalities, maybe it's essential. But since someone asked why do some entries look like logos and some don't and if it's acceptable, I'm sharing my knowledge on the matter (:
    Would be cool to separate actual entries from discussions, I think ,,o,o,,

Sg4FlzA.png
  • dblazen1
    edited September 2016
    shade13 wrote: »
    Well, I never said anything about effectiveness, obviously for a game, just plain text wouldn't be very effective tiger-18.gif
    I understood you. What I'm trying to say it's that not every amazing picture can be perceived as a suitable logo, and not every logo is an amazing picture by itself. As for plain text logo for a game, Legends of cryptids is the first example coming to my mind. I agree tho that it can be not competitive in the context of a contest. But contest for fun and designing real thing also differ.

I don't know how it will be judged, maybe it's ok to ignore some formalities, maybe it's essential. But since someone asked why do some entries look like logos and some don't and if it's acceptable, I'm sharing my knowledge on the matter (:
    Would be cool to separate actual entries from discussions, I think ,,o,o,,

Yeah, at least it leaves people free to make what they want.
    Personally so far I like shywa13's drawing best so far, but it wouldn't work as a logo, it would work as a poster, which brings me to the next point:
    The other issue with this contest is the resolution contestant are supposed to work with.
    The hell kind of logo is that supposed to be, it's the size of a poster.
    They want to print posters out of a logo made by someone?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• gioves33
    gioves33 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    This is just a BDay card from all of us in INDIGNANT (Etherblade).Happy BDay PWI,and many to come !
    Best Regards, oNIGHTWINGo <3

YES_zps6yjksdj0.jpg

8jLhozy.jpg
    Post edited by gioves33 on

Tf6Skrx.png
This discussion has been closed.