Barter Event! Session 1 Morning Edition

Options
thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2016 in General Discussion
Happy Anniversary Everyone!

Today marks the beginning of the Bartering Event! So we're going to kick this off in high fashion!

Today's Barter:
Basic Badge (x50), War Avatar Chest : A

We will open up the bids today with:
Citrine Gem and a Wings of Cloud Charger -or- something of equal value!

For sanity sake, here are the rules again:
  • Bartering only! Event Gold, Gold or in-game coin cannot be used as part of the bartering process.
  • All items offered in the trade must be items you currently have on your character.
  • You cannot have collaborative bids.
  • You may trade any type of item that is considered “high value” – this includes things like rare chance pack drops (all drops that are less than a 1-2% drop rate), items that can only be obtained in the cash shop, and exclusive high tiered items in game or that are only acquired through competitive gameplay.
  • You can offer any amount or quantity of an item that matches or bests the previous offer.
  • At the end of every session, we will close the thread at the end and look at the list of items. All items that are offered in the winning bid will be removed during maintenance and replaced with the items won.
  • If there are no satisfactory offers or the minimum offer value has not been met, the thread will be closed as “no bid, did not complete”. Minimum offer value is determined by current in-game coin value average.
  • When bidding, players must list their Character Name and Server in each bid, even if you had already previously bid on the same item.

We will keep this Session open until 9/5/16!

Good luck Everyone!
Post edited by thenamesdomino on

Comments

• spaz95
    spaz95 Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Citrine Gem = 8m and a Wings of Cloud Charger = 15-20m (On TT server)

So is the value based purely on the pack drop rate or is it based on market price? I dont understand how you guys will calculate the value of an item.

Like a Sheldon that is 1 of 10. Would be one of the rarest items around. Is the a really high valued item or not since its a pure vanity item and has no real use other than to show off?

Or is it more of a "we decide in the moment" type of deal?
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Options
    Question: Is it possible to bid with your alt character's items, but receiving the prize on your main character?
  • thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    item amount first and item second to be clear for the bid.

(4) Wing Trophy - Lunar glade
    (1) Battlebot pet egg
    (3) Lunar Glade Insignia-Ornament
    (4) Ruby Spirit Charm
    (6) Demure Attendant Fashion Pack
    (1) Sky Cover Ring
    (1) Major Homestead Supply Crate
    (2) dapper rose packs

Character- countermeasure
    Server- Twilight Temple
    Post edited by thedoc1212 on
  • blinkmuch
    blinkmuch Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    does the refine/sharding of the items to be offered count as well?
    +0 to +12 is a diff of ~300g (~1.2b ingame coins)
  • jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    4 saph gems and +7 orb
    Post edited by jamminjimmy on
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • ladycaradara
    ladycaradara Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    So...today's barter - basic badge (x50) and war avatar chest: A. Is this what we can get? and we have to offer up a citrine gem and a wings of cloudcharger for them? Or is the other way around... I think I would rather have the citrine gem and wings of cloudcharger. (I knew this would be confusing, lol)
  • tuttle
    tuttle Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    20 4 star dragon orbs
    xKinkyxKongx - Etherblade
    Post edited by tuttle on
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Options
    So...today's barter - basic badge (x50) and war avatar chest: A. Is this what we can get? and we have to offer up a citrine gem and a wings of cloudcharger for them? Or is the other way around... I think I would rather have the citrine gem and wings of cloudcharger. (I knew this would be confusing, lol)

If I understand correctly the basic badges and the A chest is the item up for "Auction". People are commenting here with their bartering offer for those items. At the end of the time period of the auction (For this item it is 9/5/16) the thread will be closed and the person with the winning bid will, at the next maintenance, have their items they offered replaced with the badges and the a chest. So the citrine gem and the wings of cloudcharger was the starting bid, and bids after that must be more valuable than those (something which they still havent really explained how they are determining what is more valuable than what)

Hope that helps!​​
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • etanasor
    etanasor Posts: 15 Arc User
    Options
    25 4 star dragon orbs

Etanasor Dawnglory
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    @testxvi To avoid confusion it's probably not the best idea -are you bidding with bound items by any chance?

@spaz95 super rare items should warrant inclusion if there are indeed so few of them in existence. Was that pet a gift or something or a prize? (I looked up what the pet looks like and wow it's crazy looking XD) I would say if it's something special to you don't offer it since it will get removed from you permanently.

@ladycaradara You will be receiving the Basic badges and the War Avatar Chest. The "Opening Bid" is the Wings of Cloudcharger/Citrine Gem in exchange forthose two items. Players bid against that opening bid and then the winning bid will be selected out of what's posted :3
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    super rare items should warrant inclusion if there are indeed so few of them in existence. Was that pet a gift or something or a prize? (I looked up what the pet looks like and wow it's crazy looking XD) I would say if it's something special to you don't offer it since it will get removed from you permanently.

Sheldon pet has been reward for some events. I know I got one for the JFSP guide event, doubt there is more than 50 of them total across all servers.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    Options
    Citrín gem for 1x A chest And badge or only A chest ? Or how it is
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Options
    @arspaulina#4310 yes the items are bound, otherwise I could just have traded them to my main character without problem.
    I suppose it's true it could lead to some problems, especially if the characters aren't on same account.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    who created that event and with what logic?

One more casher event

@thenamesdomino still nothing for payment option in my country.
  • spaz95
    spaz95 Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options

@spaz95 super rare items should warrant inclusion if there are indeed so few of them in existence. Was that pet a gift or something or a prize? (I looked up what the pet looks like and wow it's crazy looking XD) I would say if it's something special to you don't offer it since it will get removed from you permanently.

@arspaulina#4310 Yeah it is pretty cool, but if something really useful pops up im so gonna bid it haha.

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    I see your 25 4 star orbs and i raise youuu. Wait. Wrong game.

5x 5 star dragon orbs and 20 C War Avatar packs
    Eirghan Twilight Temple
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    What a waste of PWI resources this "event" is. Instead of fixing problems or answering questions, game staff will have to manually fool around with this ridiculous barter, for a prize worth maybe 40m. -.-

I bid 30 days worth of fireworks.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    I am offering free kicks in the butt for anyone who would prefer them to anniversary events :*
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Options
    perrion wrote: »
    What a waste of PWI resources this "event" is. Instead of fixing problems or answering questions, game staff will have to manually fool around with this ridiculous barter, for a prize worth maybe 40m. -.-

I bid 30 days worth of fireworks.

While the bolded part is funny, please try and keep this thread from being clogged with other issues outside the scope of the event. (In reference to the first part). If it hasn't been made already, feel free to make a thread about the concerns/issues you have that you'd like brought to the staff and I can ping them back to see if they can be answered. Generally speaking, anything that's not NDA blocked or already can't be addressed can usually get an answer in some form or fashion. If its been answered I'll find it posted and quote/link it for you, if it hasn't I'll go looking for the answer.

@ the general thread- this won't be the first thread anyways, so keep in mind there might be other neat items that may pop up that might be worth the time. And I'm sure that Domino has some nifty tricks up his sleeve, so just keep your eyeballers peeled.

((whoops hopefully I didnt say too much))

EDIT : for weird typos and some funky grammar
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • samesamedif
    samesamedif Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Will the items to be bartered for be bound or they unbound ?
  • zhwon2
    zhwon2 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    G16 Awakened Archangel's Tunic (3 socket - garnet gems) +6 refine
    bound

SonofTheVVitch (Etherblade)
  • elfsmastery
    elfsmastery Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    I offer
    - 321 Refelctive Shards
    - 29 Radiant Shards
    - 937 Nirvana Palace Key
    - 1236 Fairy Box Key
    - 265 Holy Pill
    - 59 Hyper EXP Stones
    Server: Dawn Glory
    Char: cyfo
  • godofplants#2094
    godofplants#2094 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Wing Trophy - Lunar glade
    Char GodSummoner
  • eveenelforo
    eveenelforo Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    1x War Avatar Chest:A
    2x War Avatar Pack A

I propose "Primordial Blood"

Character: Zwi
    Server: Tideswell
  • koldam
    koldam Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Basic Badge

name: Zvartik
    server Tideswell
  • jovipw
    jovipw Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    Basic Badge

Name: Mawal
    Server: Tideswell
  • iliad#9898
    iliad#9898 Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    [quote="jovipw;12730116"]Basic Badge

Name: Mawal
    Server: Tideswell[/quote]

[quote="koldam;12730112"]Basic Badge

name: Zvartik
    server Tideswell[/quote]

I think you are supposed to bid more than the highest bid, not less.​​
  • bunby
    bunby Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Forest's Wisdom Lv 14 Item refine+10/Unicorn Tragedy Lv 15 item refine+12 with 2 Garnet Gems.XChuckNorris/Twilight Temple
  • cenaisback
    cenaisback Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options
    (1) Lunar Glade Insignia-Weapon
    (2) Dark Lord Fashion pack (Onyx) X1
    (3) Dark Lord Fashion pack (Ivory) X1

Character- Chanky
    Server- Twilight Temple
This discussion has been closed.