Crisis vs Tempest SVS 08-27-2016

Options
dylandarkk1
dylandarkk1 Posts: 64 Arc User
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
https://youtube.com/watch?v=hHEzM-3Amt0&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHEzM-3Amt0&feature=youtu.be

saw this one in youtube. Quite Frankly Crisis should've won, they almost had the dragon. Maybe it was luck? Even so that was fun to watch.

Comments

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    Why do you post your video here while forum has special section for it? pig-17.gif If we all post here what we record daily each in separate topic, we won't be able to find any other discussions at all lol
    If you want to show off at how good you play, make a sig with your youtube channel and all who are interested will find it and enjoy monkey-47.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »
    Why do you post your video here while forum has special section for it? pig-17.gif If we all post here what we record daily each in separate topic, we won't be able to find any other discussions at all lol
    If you want to show off at how good you play, make a sig with your youtube channel and all who are interested will find it and enjoy monkey-47.gif
    ​​

Now go say the same thing on pawns thread :).

As for the video itself, its pretty disappointing to see Crisis has learned nothing since the first Karma xTW all the way on season 1. Crisis would of won easily with half decent xTW lead even if it would of largely been based on having extra squad in war.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    saxroll, I wanted to say it earlier, cuz such topics spawn in high amounts after TW/xTW weekends, I just picked what was closer at hand ;)
    We have PvP pondering section.
    We have servers sections.
    We can make just one topic for videos only where everyone can post theirs.
    But spamming general section (especially considering such topics aren't much commented) makes it even more messy than it now is.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    Options
    It is nice to see that even when Crisis PVP expert Joe is not around they still harbor his spirit.
    And if the world ends. CRISIS. WILL. NEVER. STOP. bashing their head on the dragon and losing. :D

Well if this is what Da #1 has to show... it is very disappointing.
    Their only hope to win anything would be to get back a certain +12 deity demon DB that betrayed them. :)
    NA > EU :)
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • dregen543210
    dregen543210 Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »
    ​​

Now go say the same thing on pawns thread :).

As for the video itself, its pretty disappointing to see Crisis has learned nothing since the first Karma xTW all the way on season 1. Crisis would of won easily with half decent xTW lead even if it would of largely been based on having extra squad in war.

Yeah this war was totally on us. Me personally I was expecting to fight Vindicate and that's where it seemed we were heading, but when we started splitting squads it seemed Tempest showed up (we waited like 10m for no-shows). Ended up sending a few of our strongest people into Vindi, and sending dragon-squads into tempest, lol.

And idk whether we almost had the dragon or not, it was a dissappointing week since we absolutely dominated Vindi but then had this clusterf** this week.

I think one of our faults was that we wanted to try and win all 3 of our wars and ended up losing 1 of them as a result, since all of our wars were vs potentially strong factions that could either show or no-show.

Anyway hope u guys had a fun war, I heard it was pretty close. My squad ended up in a wined war since the op people in our squad couldn't show this week :(.

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    Sorry, Vindi had 4 fights, 2 of them major so we couldn't send anyone to Crisis. #xservermatchmaking
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    capnk wrote: »
    Sorry, Vindi had 4 fights, 2 of them major so we couldn't send anyone to Crisis. #xservermatchmaking

yap, thats the main reason why xTW sucks. Some factions get stacked hard and some doesnt. Even if you had enough players to fill up 2 battles completely then it would still suck cause xTW punishes you for dying. Hence if you fight a very strong factions you should not let any G16 in, heck not even r9 below full +10 max gear cause those guys will just get farmed. Which is also why having 40-50 people could be better than to have 60 people.

Matchmaking should not be random. Random matchmaking is like flipping a coin and if you are "lucky" you end up fighting 3-6 of the strongest factions at once and then its GG cause you cannot defend all lands. Thats impossible. xTW incorporates anything I dislike about mass-pvp. You can end up in situations in which you can just do nothing. You will lose by default to some extent. This should not exist. IF you have the best people. If your fac is the strongest then you outta dominate undisputed until another, stronger fac comes around.

But ya, people will again say BS like: "It's your own fault (out of some absolute garbage, senseless reason) and we are better than you". RNG is something that is a decent excuse for anything in nearly any other competitive game out there. If someone wins due to pure RNG or RNG-Streaks they shouldn't feel proud of themselves. Why should they even consider that? Luck wins most fights and thats very very sad. Then again..in a game like this..killing all rng would make this game unplayable for 99% of the current playerbase. Whatever or not that would be sad is up to each individual.
  • dregen543210
    Options
    capnk wrote: »

yap, thats the main reason why xTW sucks. Some factions get stacked hard and some doesnt. Even if you had enough players to fill up 2 battles completely then it would still suck cause xTW punishes you for dying. Hence if you fight a very strong factions you should not let any G16 in, heck not even r9 below full +10 max gear cause those guys will just get farmed. Which is also why having 40-50 people could be better than to have 60 people.

Matchmaking should not be random. Random matchmaking is like flipping a coin and if you are "lucky" you end up fighting 3-6 of the strongest factions at once and then its GG cause you cannot defend all lands. Thats impossible. xTW incorporates anything I dislike about mass-pvp. You can end up in situations in which you can just do nothing. You will lose by default to some extent. This should not exist. IF you have the best people. If your fac is the strongest then you outta dominate undisputed until another, stronger fac comes around.

But ya, people will again say BS like: "It's your own fault (out of some absolute garbage, senseless reason) and we are better than you". RNG is something that is a decent excuse for anything in nearly any other competitive game out there. If someone wins due to pure RNG or RNG-Streaks they shouldn't feel proud of themselves. Why should they even consider that? Luck wins most fights and thats very very sad. Then again..in a game like this..killing all rng would make this game unplayable for 99% of the current playerbase. Whatever or not that would be sad is up to each individual.

RNG has a huge impact on pretty much every competitive sport except things like Chess. There's a reason Chess isn't popular, and it's because the game has largely already been solved by the best players. Every MMO uses random elements like crit rates, stun chance, etc, and same in sports - there's always that miracle catch or amazing play that needed a bunch of both skill and luck.

Just IMO the key to being recognized as great is to deal with the random occurances and succeed despite the variances of luck. If you always blame a random crit for losing, well, you'll be doing it for the rest of your life and always wondering when things will turn to your favor. Even successful people like Bill Gates or Warren Buffet needed at least some luck to get to where they were.

• godserge
    godserge Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    Tempest won all 4 ...out numbers..and they say it was luck. I say its great leadership
  • imareko
    imareko Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    was a good fight vs crisis :smiley:
  • fit4lyfe
    fit4lyfe Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Tempest had 4 fights with some of their best in other fights. crisis had 60, tempest 45 for majority of the fight so brute force wasn't really an option for them. They outplayed crisis, letting them hit the dragon in 1 push - psychologically giving crisis the mindset that was the way they were going to win and forcing crisis to play into what Tempest wanted. All tempest had to do was farm crisis on defense while taking way points between wipes. crisis should have realized they weren't going to take the dragon and worked on a fail safe before rushing the dragon some more. gj to both factions though looked like fun
  • notanyfox#3644
    Options
    imareko wrote: »
    was a good fight vs crisis :smiley:

Do you think you are a better DB than Sanctan and LiquidloveXHL2 ? :o
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • dylandarkk1
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I totally agree on fit4lyfe comment. It was a calculated risk on the side of tempest. They let the whole faction of crisis take the dragon just so their squads can take down their towers and get the side lane towers for points. As soon as all those are set up all Tempest had to do was defend and wait for the enemies points to go lower and lower. Very good strategy. They definitely have good strategist.

Also to add up crisis had 60 full force faction i cant understand why they cant break through Tempest defenses of 45 people considering Tempest doesnt have some of their op people as well. So the point that crisis are making about not having their op people on fight is invalid since Tempest has the same issues even worse since their numbers are only 45 compares to crisis 60.

All i can say never underestimate Tempest.
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Options

tiger-35.gif​​
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • dylandarkk1
    Options
    So enlighten us. How can full force of 60 cant break through tempest defense of 45. That's mind boggling. XD
  • kartter
    kartter Posts: 152 Arc User
    Options
    Youre dumb if you think Liquidlove is Synths alt.
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Options
    Tempest #1 <3
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • keihan007#7641
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I totally agree on fit4lyfe comment. It was a calculated risk on the side of tempest. They let the whole faction of crisis take the dragon just so their squads can take down their towers and get the side lane towers for points. As soon as all those are set up all Tempest had to do was defend and wait for the enemies points to go lower and lower. Very good strategy. They definitely have good strategist.

Also to add up crisis had 60 full force faction i cant understand why they cant break through Tempest defenses of 45 people considering Tempest doesnt have some of their op people as well. So the point that crisis are making about not having their op people on fight is invalid since Tempest has the same issues even worse since their numbers are only 45 compares to crisis 60.

This was honestly more of incompetence of Crisis leadership than what Tempest did. The biggest difference came trough resource point holding for Tempest, which should never of happened when the faction was pushed to base over and over again.

As for taking down Dragon, it took Tempest a hour to take down 35 man Karma with 60. Taking Dragon is extremely difficult if factions are remotely on the same power level. And Crisis failed to take last tower near Tempest base down, which might of actually been the reason they did not manage to take down Tempest dragon while Tempest was getting objectives as each tower dying removes 10 attack and defense level penalty from dragon debuff iirc.

Either way, had Crisis had the slightest clue what they were doing, they would of either taken the dragon with first push or least tied the towers with Tempest after which they could of easily won with holding the resource points by having more ppl/power on field.

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    Man, I thought Vindicate losing to Hoorah despite having 100 SBs was embarrasing, but this is just an a whole other level of bad xD Good job Tempest, I guess Joe isnt the on clown in Crisis, its a whole clownfiesta...
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    How dem people ignore me when I am not posting from my main account. What I said with my Storms acc @cosmosia1989 is that you can have a huge disadvantage having 60 people vs lets say 40. Sure on paper the 60 ppl faction should steamroll the lower numbered fac. You guys just have to realize that xtw isnt won by numbers.

If you have 30 endgame people in both factions and the one only has 10 weaker people...but the other has 30 literal oneshots then the 60 ppl fac is actually at a massive disadvantage. I kinda like that system since you cant just outnumber an enemy.

Knowing this its actually pretty dumb to ride on the "gg we have been less and still won"-train. Crisis had 20 endgame/near endgame people in other battles. If you would've exchanged the weaker ones for them than crisis would've won for sure. Attendance is also a problem. I myself couldnt be there for a long time due to rl stuffs so..

All in all another reason why xtw sucks. Normal tw is far beyond unfair as well but xtw is even worse.

Small scale mass-pvp and 1on1s are the only really fair and enjoyable things you can do in this game in terms of PvP. Anything else is to such a massive amount equal to just flipping a coin that you might as well just do that :)

Thats all I am going to say about the broken pvp-aspects of this game. You guys can now continue with your unqualified, biased nonsense. Have fun.
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    How dem people ignore me when I am not posting from my main account. What I said with my Storms acc @cosmosia1989 is that you can have a huge disadvantage having 60 people vs lets say 40. Sure on paper the 60 ppl faction should steamroll the lower numbered fac. You guys just have to realize that xtw isnt won by numbers.

If you have 30 endgame people in both factions and the one only has 10 weaker people...but the other has 30 literal oneshots then the 60 ppl fac is actually at a massive disadvantage. I kinda like that system since you cant just outnumber an enemy.

Knowing this its actually pretty dumb to ride on the "gg we have been less and still won"-train. Crisis had 20 endgame/near endgame people in other battles. If you would've exchanged the weaker ones for them than crisis would've won for sure. Attendance is also a problem. I myself couldnt be there for a long time due to rl stuffs so..

All in all another reason why xtw sucks. Normal tw is far beyond unfair as well but xtw is even worse.

Small scale mass-pvp and 1on1s are the only really fair and enjoyable things you can do in this game in terms of PvP. Anything else is to such a massive amount equal to just flipping a coin that you might as well just do that :)

Thats all I am going to say about the broken pvp-aspects of this game. You guys can now continue with your unqualified, biased nonsense. Have fun.

Your storms post was ignored because it was stupid nonsense and responding to it would of only derailed the thread, which happens to basically any thread you participate in. And I do regret acknowledging this pile of nonsense.

Your arguments show clear lack of understanding anything related to DC or mass PvP in general, I dont quite understand why you insist on making yourself a fool thread after a thread on subjects you have no knowledge in.

Crisis should of won, would of won, with the ppl in the instance if your leadership had not been plain ignorant. But you guys go into same hole over and over and over again and lose wars. And I am personally disappointed the faction, which is supposed to be our challenger, cant get their sht together enough to win Tempest with massive advantage. Its downright embarrassing.

• original21r
    original21r Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    you mean after they got 25+ people end gear from another guild in the last 1 month?

i mean everyone on DA noticed that
  • cosmosia1989
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »

Your storms post was ignored because it was stupid nonsense and responding to it would of only derailed the thread, which happens to basically any thread you participate in. And I do regret acknowledging this pile of nonsense.

Your arguments show clear lack of understanding anything related to DC or mass PvP in general, I dont quite understand why you insist on making yourself a fool thread after a thread on subjects you have no knowledge in.

Crisis should of won, would of won, with the ppl in the instance if your leadership had not been plain ignorant. But you guys go into same hole over and over and over again and lose wars. And I am personally disappointed the faction, which is supposed to be our challenger, cant get their sht together enough to win Tempest with massive advantage. Its downright embarrassing.

All I heard there was "should've", "would've" and I dont even care. I wasnt even talking about Crisis. I was talking about how xTW works in general and loads of points are gained by simply killing others. Simple. Loads of oneshots = loads of easy points. Yeah, I know. I still expect people to understand such simple concepts without pressing their faces in it.

If you guys would just stop acting like foolish, butthurt children and actually pay attention what the grownups say without instantly throwing a temper tantrum about anything I say then everything would be nice and cosy.

I wont even respond to anything anymore that does not contain even the slightest reasoning. You awesome theory crafters are surely (even if tempest outplayed Crisis hard, as I dont care at all) not the ones responsible for anything related to the success of your respective factions. You come here to post on the forums, absent any reasoning and just spouting out biased BS all the god damn time, confusing people that actually want to learn something about mechanics and whatnot, constantly derailing threads with that...what is your point guys? I dont get it. Everything you guys write could just be deleted from the thread and it wouldnt make any difference. It's always just "blabla should've could've would've". Explain or at least show how it works or keep ur empty words to yourselfes.

@the rest : If ya wanna know anything regarded to this game, just pm me and I am going to tell you about it if I find the time. Just do yourselves a favour and stop listenting to those theory-crafting nonfactors.

Even if I would be wrong about some things..I still try to provide people with as much knowledge as possible or at least start some arguments that would produce something as close to a fact as possible. The stuff you guys (they know who I mean) is just stupid, childish and derails the thread. If you would just stick to arguments it'd be fine. But all this anger, jealousy, false-pride are just destroying any sense in what you are saying. Actually provide facts or at least good arguments to a discussion or stay out of it. It was fun while it lasted but this constant derailing and childish behaviour is making me sick as of late. Cheers.
  • mirrorshroud
    mirrorshroud Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    Factions can field over 100 people for xTW? =S I don't think any factions on Etherblade can do that. Maybe the population here is still spread across more factions instead of a super giant faction--there sure is enough world chat rivalries going on each day to support that.
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    [
    All I heard there was "should've", "would've" and I dont even care. I wasnt even talking about Crisis. I was talking about how xTW works in general and loads of points are gained by simply killing others. Simple. Loads of oneshots = loads of easy points. Yeah, I know. I still expect people to understand such simple concepts without pressing their faces in it.

If you guys would just stop acting like foolish, butthurt children and actually pay attention what the grownups say without instantly throwing a temper tantrum about anything I say then everything would be nice and cosy.

I wont even respond to anything anymore that does not contain even the slightest reasoning. You awesome theory crafters are surely (even if tempest outplayed Crisis hard, as I dont care at all) not the ones responsible for anything related to the success of your respective factions. You come here to post on the forums, absent any reasoning and just spouting out biased BS all the god damn time, confusing people that actually want to learn something about mechanics and whatnot, constantly derailing threads with that...what is your point guys? I dont get it. Everything you guys write could just be deleted from the thread and it wouldnt make any difference. It's always just "blabla should've could've would've". Explain or at least show how it works or keep ur empty words to yourselfes.

@the rest : If ya wanna know anything regarded to this game, just pm me and I am going to tell you about it if I find the time. Just do yourselves a favour and stop listenting to those theory-crafting nonfactors.

Even if I would be wrong about some things..I still try to provide people with as much knowledge as possible or at least start some arguments that would produce something as close to a fact as possible. The stuff you guys (they know who I mean) is just stupid, childish and derails the thread. If you would just stick to arguments it'd be fine. But all this anger, jealousy, false-pride are just destroying any sense in what you are saying. Actually provide facts or at least good arguments to a discussion or stay out of it. It was fun while it lasted but this constant derailing and childish behaviour is making me sick as of late. Cheers.

Sigh. You throw around ludicrous statements of 40 having massive advantage against 60 and expect ppl to agree/not troll you for them. Sure, to an extent, having 30 N3+5s is likely going to punish the side that sent them in but which top faction sends 30 N3+5s into xTW? Oh yes, none. This thread is specifically bout Tempest vs Crisis war and you coming to theorycraft on general level is pretty hilarious when said theorycrafting lacks anything to connect it into reality.

• notanyfox#3644
    edited August 2016
    Options

I disagree about 1on1 / small scale pvp being the only fair and enjoyable things.

1on1 has very simple gameplay. You know what your class can do. You know what the class of your opponent can do. There is only a set amount of strategies that can lead each player to victory. For the average Joe with low to no understanding of the game mechanics, which is the majority of the players of this game, figuring out those strategies may prove to be complex and entertaining. But for anyone with some intelligence, it is very simple.
    Moreover those strategies involve using skills one after the other, being limited by cast times, with the exception of genies skills that can be used simultaneously to class skills. But genie skills aren't usually spammable. This leads to winning strategies that require few actions per minute, low capacity of making decisions fast, overall low skill. The only thing required in figuring out those strategies and applying them is some knowledge of the game mechanisms (status effect of skills, length, CD, chi cost, ...) and being able to gauge damage based on knowing your opponent gear and your own.
    The positionning required for 1on1 is also very one-dimensional contrary to mass Pvp.
    At the end of the day, 1on1 are very repetitive and often predictable. And after you've been fighting the few active players on your server it will always be the same.

Mass Pvp on the other hand is a lot more diverse, chaotic and less predictable. You don't have to predict and plan counters for the actions of just one enemy in front of you but a group and you also have to coordinate with your own team. This leads to many more possibilities and combinations of strategies. You also have to adapt to local power shifts even in balanced fight. For example in a 60v60 balanced xTW you could be fighting 10v10 in an area slightly dominating them and suddenly have to face one more enemy squad. The decisions you would have to make to adapt your gameplay to make the best out of this situation require far more skill and intelligence than applying the same winning strategies over and over in 1on1. Positionning is more crucial than in 1on1. You always have to remain aware of your surroundings.
    Mass Pvp also require coordination with several other players and the ability to counter other coordination. You could feel safe while you are not taking much damage because your enemies aren't focusing you and then get suprised by a focus from them that can happen at any time. In 1on1, the only reasons why you will have to react to an increase in damage taken are luck (crit, zerk, ...) which doesn't involve skill or if they use burst damage abilities (amp, debuff, burst damage skills) which can be predicted.

The main reason players like you dislike mass Pvp is because they are unable to figure out its complexity and don't want to leave the easy/predictable/reassuring 1on1 bubble. Comparing mass Pvp to flipping a coin is like admitting your brains are unable to analyse and process all the information required to play in a complex environment.
    Another reason for disliking mass Pvp could be the frustration of always being on the losing side. And I am sure you won't disagree with me on this point since your own faction Crisis has lost most xTW and you even criticized their gameplay in other threads :p To this all I can say is if your teammates are bad, change your teammates. o:)

You could say 1on1 are more fair because the amount of players is a parameter that can create unbalance only in mass Pvp while the other parameters influencing balance (gear, classes, latency) apply to both 1on1 and mass Pvp. But the amount of players can also restore balance. A 1on1 between an undergeared archer and an overgeared DB would be unfair because the DB should always win. But put them in a TW between two balanced factions and the undergeared archer might stand a chance.
    In the end both 1on1 and mass Pvp situations can be fair or unfair. There are just more parameters that influence balance in mass Pvp.

If you cannot understand these simple facts, average Joe, you can never even hope to stand as my equal or surpass me.

TL;DR : if mass Pvp is like Chess, 1on1 is like Tic Tac Toe
    TL;DR 2 : Joe is frustrated at mass Pvp because most Crisis don't know how to play :D
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • dylandarkk1
    Options

I disagree about 1on1 / small scale pvp being the only fair and enjoyable things.

1on1 has very simple gameplay. You know what your class can do. You know what the class of your opponent can do. There is only a set amount of strategies that can lead each player to victory. For the average Joe with low to no understanding of the game mechanics, which is the majority of the players of this game, figuring out those strategies may prove to be complex and entertaining. But for anyone with some intelligence, it is very simple.
    Moreover those strategies involve using skills one after the other, being limited by cast times, with the exception of genies skills that can be used simultaneously to class skills. But genie skills aren't usually spammable. This leads to winning strategies that require few actions per minute, low capacity of making decisions fast, overall low skill. The only thing required in figuring out those strategies and applying them is some knowledge of the game mechanisms (status effect of skills, length, CD, chi cost, ...) and being able to gauge damage based on knowing your opponent gear and your own.
    The positionning required for 1on1 is also very one-dimensional contrary to mass Pvp.
    At the end of the day, 1on1 are very repetitive and often predictable. And after you've been fighting the few active players on your server it will always be the same.

Mass Pvp on the other hand is a lot more diverse, chaotic and less predictable. You don't have to predict and plan counters for the actions of just one enemy in front of you but a group and you also have to coordinate with your own team. This leads to many more possibilities and combinations of strategies. You also have to adapt to local power shifts even in balanced fight. For example in a 60v60 balanced xTW you could be fighting 10v10 in an area slightly dominating them and suddenly have to face one more enemy squad. The decisions you would have to make to adapt your gameplay to make the best out of this situation require far more skill and intelligence than applying the same winning strategies over and over in 1on1. Positionning is more crucial than in 1on1. You always have to remain aware of your surroundings.
    Mass Pvp also require coordination with several other players and the ability to counter other coordination. You could feel safe while you are not taking much damage because your enemies aren't focusing you and then get suprised by a focus from them that can happen at any time. In 1on1, the only reasons why you will have to react to an increase in damage taken are luck (crit, zerk, ...) which doesn't involve skill or if they use burst damage abilities (amp, debuff, burst damage skills) which can be predicted.

The main reason players like you dislike mass Pvp is because they are unable to figure out its complexity and don't want to leave the easy/predictable/reassuring 1on1 bubble. Comparing mass Pvp to flipping a coin is like admitting your brains are unable to analyse and process all the information required to play in a complex environment.
    Another reason for disliking mass Pvp could be the frustration of always being on the losing side. And I am sure you won't disagree with me on this point since your own faction Crisis has lost most xTW and you even criticized their gameplay in other threads :p To this all I can say is if your teammates are bad, change your teammates. o:)

You could say 1on1 are more fair because the amount of players is a parameter that can create unbalance only in mass Pvp while the other parameters influencing balance (gear, classes, latency) apply to both 1on1 and mass Pvp. But the amount of players can also restore balance. A 1on1 between an undergeared archer and an overgeared DB would be unfair because the DB should always win. But put them in a TW between two balanced factions and the undergeared archer might stand a chance.
    In the end both 1on1 and mass Pvp situations can be fair or unfair. There are just more parameters that influence balance in mass Pvp.

If you cannot understand these simple facts, average Joe, you can never even hope to stand as my equal or surpass me.

TL;DR : if mass Pvp is like Chess, 1on1 is like Tic Tac Toe
    TL;DR 2 : Joe is frustrated at mass Pvp because most Crisis don't know how to play :D

Totally Nailed this one. I agree :)

• cosmosia1989
    Options
    @notanyfox#3644 If I would fight you, a player that cannot adapt and only talk big then yes. 1on1s would be boring cause I'd be beating you left and right. When you actually fight people that are able to adapt and willing to change their strategies midfight then you realize that nothing comes even close to 1on1 in this game. Ofc if you fight lowlifes that literally let themselves getting killed by the same exact stuff 22235242 times in a row...ya it becomes dull.

Again, one statement to totally disarm anything you said: If 1on1s are so easy..why dont you show some? You make it out to be soo easy that you should have no trouble beating anyone on your server easily especially since you try to lure people into thinking that you are actual intelligent by boasting yourself with that pseudo-intellectual babbling. You can fool < 100 IQ people with that but no one else.

If you think that each fight follows just a strict, predefined set of rules and possible moves then I could literally assure you that you would lose to me.

Narrow minded people should keep their opinion to themselves.

Even when ur 1on1ing a duskblade its not like you have absolutely 0 chance if done right. Your chance is just damn low. If you are participating in mass-pvp and 10 people insta focus you then you are dead and if they keep focusing you (no matter if thats detrimental for their strategy) then they can take you out of the game completely. Nothing you can do about it. There is no such BS in 1on1s. You always have a chance no matter the circumstances there. Simply logic. Mass-PvP is thus BS. I had fun Mass-PvP moments, some even have been quite balanced and fair. True. Since a situation could exist in which you are unable to do anything its considered garbage by anyone that can think a little bit further. Giving people a tool to harrass others is not to my liking.

Just keep talking smack about 1on1s and people that prefer 1on1s. Even if they were so easy then isnt it even sadder that most people including you fail to participate in them? Proclaiming 1on1s are easy and on the same hand never showing even the slightest bit of such a fight is very contradicting. When its so easy, it shouldnt be any problem at all. Come on, show us how easy 1on1s are. If we could fight xServer I would certainly show you how easy you are :P
  • umiumiumi
    umiumiumi Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    saxroll,
    We have PvP pondering section.
    We have servers sections.
    We can make just one topic for videos only where everyone can post theirs.
    But spamming general section (especially considering such topics aren't much commented) makes it even more messy than it now is.
    ​​

Agree. Move this to the correct place...
  • dregen543210
    Options
    Quite frankly, all of you arguing are kind of ****. No one should have won or lost, nor should people be disappointed one way or the other.

The simple fact is that Crisis took an ill-advised gamble on Dragon rush, Tempest recognized it and countered it in the best way possible. If both factions had been going for a slow, 2-hour war then it may well be possible that Crisis would have won, since tempest couldn't actually beat our squads in pk. It doesn't matter if we can keep most of Tempest base-locked if we fall that far behind on points. But Crisis took the risk for a 30m win and paid the price for it in points and buff advantage.

Still looking forward to a Karma rematch regardless of whether we end up winning or losing, but yeah, tone down the salt levels guys pls.