Boundless Purify Proc and Is Boundless Worth It?

Comments

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    dblazen, what makes me sad is that they can't tell you what they are going to do and make you regret any decision you are going to make. Just do what you promise, test it on test server, whatever. I pretty much understand that Orinj is also not happy that not everything goes smoothly and may regret providing this service, but ijs players also deserve some understanding. Issues of that kind can make ppl regret they started playing this game lol

I'd suggest to let ppl keep both weaps, but not refund refines and shards in this case. But doubt this idea will be welcome xd
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I set the weapon to destroy-mode just now and I dont care. I dont wanna use boundless anymore..why should I? In only had it at +10...so going back to a decent roll of limitless at +12 shouldnt make a huge dif (cept for the crit..oh man I am going to miss the crit QQ)...now I just need to get a decent roll.

Well +3 garb roll is fine for me atm as my dusk steamroles ws anyways ez. but ya...they could let others without that many strong chars keep their weap for a while..but the main reason why they wont is that its too much effort to keep track on those people. So i rather would have them manually destroy all remaining weapons next maint. problem solved.
  • jsxshadow
    edited August 2016
    No one received Basic Badges..I just had 240 saved up :) and still got shet. then farmed 2 more rolls. still got shet. sucks. I have 6 r9 chars and I needed 10+ tries on each and every one of them. Just goes to show that non-cash player (or at least me) always get shet on ._.
  • shade13
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    I set the weapon to destroy-mode just now and I dont care.
    Wow, you have balls xD

Sg4FlzA.png
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    Yeah well, that's the infinite thing called "you can't satisfy everyone".
    I've always claimed the sidegrade is not worth the cost and was always advocating against paying that ridiculous amount of coin/money for an "upgrade" so small, weapon wise. Armor is even worse.

The idea I had with the grace period is let people keep it 1-2 weeks, let them farm badges, then in the week that follows, they must have their weapon NPC'd before the maintenance.
    Yes, maybe you STILL won't have a roll you're happy with, but really, it's at least something and it gives a chance. If it takes years to get a decent roll, then idk, your rng sucks donkey balls then.

That's what grace periods are for, giving a chance. They are short windows, and it's probably the best they can do.
    If I was PWE, I wouldn't give a replacement or anything at all. Specially because MUH PURIFY SPELL EASY MODO IS GONE QQ.

Because honestly, that's literally this entire thing is about.
    PWI's R9rr was a mistake that never should've been created and we should've just gotten the CN version right off the bat.
    Or as i've been yelling as well the entire time; give us the option to switch between our version and CN's version at a much, MUCH lower cost, so people can switch when they want.
    Because, and i'm repeating my other posts again, we are ultimately the ones paying the price of CN wanting to even out the versions of the game.​​

No point talking about shoulds and ifs it doesn't change anything to the fact that is today. Besides when you reach a high level of gear upgrades start becoming really expensive and offer little in return but that's how it is if you want to get better and better stuff. For some classes CN r9 is way better like seeker for example. Even for arcanes the jump in damage is pretty noticeable more attk levels, more magic, more crit more channeling. Maybe its not worth it to you but for others it is and there was literally no reason for anyone ever to believe cn r9 purify had lower proc. Its easy to claim otherwise when you can see things after they are done. If it was me I would keep the cn r9 I guess maybe except venos and clerics that doesn't matter if they have lower damage.

Anyway I agree the grace period should be one week and then people should destroy their weapons and gms to check nobody has two weapons.
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    I have almost all the mats ready required for upgrading, mostly held back due to lack of being able to refine it, but then had a break from pwi and came back this week - lucky? xD
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    No good rolls yesterday. Set my weapon to destroy this morning. I feel like i just shot my dog :s

Ps i dont think theres a grace period i think pwcn is just totally inept :s destroy your weapons kids and rest assured people here who shot their own dog (i mean destroyed their own weapon) will HUNT YOU DOWN if we find you using a CN weapon >:)

Pps @superfedee i recieved no basic badgers but i recieved some mushrooms and a snake
    Post edited by eirghan on
  • eirghan
    edited August 2016
    Some motivation for those of us who are having trouble destroying our weapons:

​​
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    eirghan wrote: »
    No good rolls yesterday. Set my weapon to destroy this morning. I feel like i just shot my dog :s

Ps i dont think theres a grace period i think pwcn is just totally inept :s destroy your weapons kids and rest assured people here who shot their own dog (i mean destroyed their own weapon) will HUNT YOU DOWN if we find you using a CN weapon >:)

Pps @superfedee i recieved no basic badgers but i recieved some mushrooms and a snake

I think I mentioned this in passing to Orinj, but I'll bring it up again so that weapons don't suddenly go missing next week without giving people a fair shot at rerolls.

Also LMFAOOO you know there are kids who don't know that meme anymore? I feel so old now...
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • jsxshadow
    @orinj It would really be the easiest, most cost effective way to either add Basic Badges in the Event Gold shop or to just send out (only badges, nothing else) in bulk to the people that have taken the service. I mean...badges can at this state only be farmed and the amount of time needed to farm them is just crazy..I even know people that dont get r9 simply because farming badges is way too stressfull and I can relate to that. still I habe farmed badges/molds for 6 chars already and I have more than enough of this instance.

Sending 2000 Badges to everyone would still make them spend money on the fee to reroll and ofc the essence of offense...so you guys dont lose anything and also no economy will get imbalanced or anything else like that. Sure. Badges could be sold to reroll G16 Nirvana gears...but even that requires you to have the right mold or the amount of money you would get from a simple reroll service (and still someone has to pay fee/EoO then too) is absolutely nothing compared to what EVERYONE has lost that chose to revert the weapon back to the US-Version. I'd say thats the most reasonable solution and would prevent people from trying to cheat your system and to stick with the boundless weapon longer..just to farm those badges.

Just saying...also personally..after 11 hours of work going through a funless isntance 4 times again and again to get a decent roll is pure torture. It is. no doubt to that.
  • eirghan
    edited August 2016
    I just listen to shia labeouff and start the instance again. fox-30.gif

@arspaulina#4310 I had to explain it to a few friends.... Do you know the explanation of it on "Know Your Meme" is just a description? How do you explain something like that?!
    ​​
  • hawke1000
    hawke1000 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Welp! I still love my damage boost + that 5% crit <33333 Not going back to R9r3 & certainly not Warsong again.

71330352.jpg

XDDDD

~ Ruby_Inferno

Post edited by hawke1000 on
  • shade13
    edited August 2016
    hawke1000 wrote: »
    71330352.jpg
    DTVVXYW.png

And some will probably keep just not to farm ws again xd​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    The moment when You're back into mass-PvP and have a bunch of lower geared people on you and suddently survive and steamroll them cause you wont get stun-locked anymore and just keep procing <3

Finally got a somewhat decent roll on the Weap...24 Att-Lvl, 5% chan (that sucks tho, but meh) and 16 magic. 14 tries in total. I know how important chan is for storms...but if I would've rerolled that roll..I would've send myself into a mental asylum for realz.
  • hawke1000
    edited August 2016
    shade13 wrote: »
    71330352.jpg
    DTVVXYW.png

And some will probably keep just not to farm ws again xd​​

YASSSS!! Mangooooo <33333 (Its Marengo but I had to say it! XD :3) @shade13

36571021.jpg

~ Ruby_Inferno
  • hawke1000
    edited August 2016
    The moment when You're back into mass-PvP and have a bunch of lower geared people on you and suddently survive and steamroll them cause you wont get stun-locked anymore and just keep procing <3

Finally got a somewhat decent roll on the Weap...24 Att-Lvl, 5% chan (that sucks tho, but meh) and 16 magic. 14 tries in total. I know how important chan is for storms...but if I would've rerolled that roll..I would've send myself into a mental asylum for realz.

Big GZ to my man again! <3 but yeah omggg! it spins my head just thinking about 14 rolls .... XDD @_@

~ Ruby_Inferno
  • jsxshadow
    @hawke1000 thank you very much my man xD well at least it was "only" :( last time it was 27 rolls for 22 att lvl and 7 chan xD so at least a little improvement :D
  • hawke1000
    edited August 2016
    @hawke1000 thank you very much my man xD well at least it was "only" :( last time it was 27 rolls for 22 att lvl and 7 chan xD so at least a little improvement :D

@jsxshadow Anytime my man! <3 and yesss!! I think those extra 2 attack levels are way more significant compared to the loss of 2% channeling which should virtually make no difference at all XD So its all good! :D:#

~ Ruby_Inferno
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User

@jsxshadow Anytime my man! <3 and yesss!! I think those extra 2 attack levels are way more significant compared to the loss of 2% channeling which should virtually make no difference at all XD So its all good! :D:#

~ Ruby_Inferno

>Thinking 2 attack levels make a significant difference at the current state of the game
    Ha.
    tiger-2.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• hawke1000
    edited August 2016
    dblazen1 wrote: »

~ Ruby_Inferno

>Thinking 2 attack levels make a significant difference at the current state of the game
    Ha.
    tiger-2.gif​​

I didn't say that! I said compared to the 2% channeling, they're more significant. :P

On their on, nope xD

~ Ruby_Inferno
  • shade13

Yeah xDD I'm not a true veno, perhaps, but can't make myself do it xD
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    Glad to see I am not the only one keeping the lovely r9r4 wep! :|

Is Joe the only Crisis arcane who went back?
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • jsxshadow
    As far as I know yap I am. The others all seem to be happy with the additional dmg. thankfully I never refined my boundless above +10 which is why I didnt really lose out alot of dmg now cept for the crit. The others already +12ed it tho...so ya. Also they dont get focused as much as me usually (cept for nw ofc) at least as far as I noticed xD and I was the only storm who got it from crisis and ya know..stormbringer is a nice class...but we have 1...only 1 skill to save ourselves with 180 sec CD and then its not even instant. Wizards (which is the majority of boundless users in crisis) have other means to stay alive with alot shorter CD.

I really was in need for a better procrate. the wizards could actually be fine I guess. Besides..not everyone would go through the effort of farming ws again..I forced myself tho xD
  • hawke1000

You are a true veno!! you just like living dangerously! XD <333 B)
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User

Lies, you can not escape the kos venos police.
    If you are not a true veno, delete the fox from your signature.

tiger-37.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Demon Venomancers benefit from the Boundless weapon because they are already equipped with more offensive skills. If my main was still Demon, I wouldn't consider going back.​​
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    the people in this Thread that keep talking about a "damage boost" might wanna use a pwcalc and face the actual truth about the r9.4 arcane weapons.
  • zuiba
    zuiba Posts: 22 Arc User
    aphrodita wrote: »
    the people in this Thread that keep talking about a "damage boost" might wanna use a pwcalc and face the actual truth about the r9.4 arcane weapons.

Hmm...better tell my friends that I the heavy damage they take from me isn't coming from my Boundless Scythe /sarcasm. But where could it be coming from, I wonder? Maybe it's "magic." On a serious note, if you're seriously only basing your conclusion on a simulation you did with say...one class and not taking into account the characters card sets, build, magic stats, engraves, etc. Then, what basis do you have to imply that the people who are saying they are getting a damage boost are "denying" the "truth" about the arcane boundless weapon? Do you have a boundless weapon yourself and found it to be lacking in damage? Did you refine it to +12? What class are you? How much magic does your character have? Is your character 105x3? Do you have a card set? Or are you just basing it on a simulation without ever having actually tested it in game? I know for a fact my SB gained quite the damage boost from boundless which is why I am hesitant to revert it back to Limitless regardless of how crappy Purify is now. Now if you're saying that I(or others for that matter) do not know when there's a change in our damage on our own characters, then let me be the first to bow down to you and called you God(since you seem to be all knowing).