Boundless Purify Proc and Is Boundless Worth It?

Comments

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Weeeeeeelll okay heres the thing. fox-18.gif

I got my weapon replaced in last nights maintenance. This is great, I am really happy. I also got two icebourne stones.

I received no refinement items whatsoever (orbs or otherwise) BUT... I STILL have my CN weapon. fox-18.giffox-18.giffox-18.gif

So yeah I don't even know if I should complain. I don't know what's going on anymore. Is PWCN so totally inept they cant follow simple instructions, or like, what? Because I was told the opposite from ticket staff (Your weapon will be deleted, you will receive refinement in the form of orbs to +10)

I mean... If you want me to forgo 100 gold worth of refines to keep my old weapon that is worth 500 gold plus... Sure, i guess, even though its basically useless to me. I guess a PVE weapon isnt so bad. Plus itll be a lot easier to farm warsong with my PWCN weapon to get a decent roll (yes my US weapon roll was ****)

But I dont know if I should feel bad for PWE or what... I don't know if this was intended...
    Computer-banghead.gif~c200
    miiiind fuuuuuu....
    ​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Currently on the way home from work...oh damn I am scared xD what will await me when I log on ._.
  • dietsunkist
    dietsunkist Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    What happens if we keep both weapons for too long? @orinj
    The stats on US R9 are random so getting a good roll will take a while. I don't want GMs to believe I'm trying to cheat and keep both weapons. I've had absolutely terrible luck with my rolls so it may take weeks before I get anything decent.

Are we going to be notified or asked to discard one of the two weapons after X amount of time? Are you going to let people keep both weapons until they manage to get good stats? What if that takes months?

On another note, I didn't receive refinement items either. I should have gotten enough to +12.​​
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    @asterelle I have a very bad feeling about this...could you please check if the proc rate is the same for all r9r3 weapons (arcanes) or if the stormbringer one has the bad proc as well...first testings...I dont get better results ._.

EDIT: NVM, I was just unlucky at first. Now its proc, proc, proc and a 3.33 constant aps on me is perma max speed buff! <3 Still I also have not been giving any orbs...I dont need the boundless weapon and I also dont wanna use it. I want the refine for my weap.

Yap, as expected. 12 rerolls and I am stuck with 12 att lvl and 4 chan. **** thanks PWE. Just awesome ._. As if I have the friggin time to run a bazillion damned WS runs to reroll my weap when I already did that before 27! friggin tries the first time I got the weapon. I net approx 13 € an hour in my job, whos going to refund me for having to waste so much time in a damn boring, useless instance? You guys could at least finally put basic badges in the event gold shop or the real boutique!

Due to this even I are at the verge of quitting now. I dont have the time to do ws and it is not fair after the time I already put into the weapon to not get some reroll mats and ofc I had to be mister-unluckies-nub-ever again ._.
    Post edited by cosmosia1989 on
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I wouldn't refuse random stats limitless if I can keep boundless. No rerolls or refines needed. Can I? tiger-46.gif

Honestly, what is the most annoying, you can never know what you are going to get when you ticket. They say one thing and do absolutely another. I don't want to ticket for anything, because next week they can decide it was a mistake and do something different again (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

For the sake of humanity, can anyone clearly tell us what we can expect? normal-7.gif We have to pull out every bit of info from GMs and still they somehow manage to stay unclear and mysterious and leave even more questions than we had before normal-20.gif
    Like it's not enough that we risk billions for rolls in game, we have to gamble dealing with GMs? You can't even rely on GMs promise because it looks like they don't know what they are doing too. It's damn annoying, seriously...
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • hawke1000
    hawke1000 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Wait....what? so you keep the +12ed CN Weap AND get a free R9r3? is this officially happening or is it a mistake? xD

~ Ruby_Inferno
  • cosmosia1989
    UPDATE: Got the orbs via mail now. 5x 5* Orbs, 3x 8*, 1x each 9*, 10*, 11*, 12*. Still got the boundless weapon too, I am ultraconfused and still pissed cause of the reroll fails. Did one more and stayed garbage ._. one and a half hours for each reroll if I hardcore it solo...my poor precious time ._.
  • eirghan
    edited August 2016
    We-ell. I got refines via mail too. So I am a happy duck. Going to go farm the **** out of warsong fox-1.gif I still have no clue what the eff is going on but I got weapon and refines and shards so. Can't complain fox-26.gif

PS anyone who is reading this don't go and ask for refund if you think we will keep CN weapon. I have a feeling they will come back from the dead and delete the old CN weapon when they read forums eventually...
    ​​
  • eirghan
    basepawn wrote: »
    asterelle wrote: »

Was there a miscommunication perhaps? The difference is not between Boundless in the US and Boundless in CN but rather between Limitless (the old third cast of rank 9) and Boundless (our new 4th cast of rank 9 which was originally CN's third cast).

Actually I know how to check this.

The addon ID of our old purify spell in the "Limitless" weapon (our R999) is 2715 (labeled internally as "Purify Spell 2").
    The addon ID of the purify spell in the "Boundless" weapon is 2477 (labeled internall as "Purify Spell").

So they are indeed totally different.

Looking now at the different kinds of weapons this is what I see.

Limitless (Our R9 third cast)
    Purify Spell: 2715
    God of Frenzy: 2275
    Spirit Blackhole: 2279

Boundless (Our R9 fourth cast or CN third cast) / Rank 8 recast / Rank 8 2nd recast
    Purify Spell: 2477
    Spirit Blackhole: 2279

G17 weapons
    Purify Spell: 2477
    Spirit Blackhole: 3239

So the overall finding is that our old R999 (Limitless) had an unusually good purify spell that people got used to and the new G17 / Boundless gear has a worse purify spell. The new G17 spirit blackhole also seems to be different but I cant tell if it will end up being better or worse than other weapons.

Why not posting all available data when already digging in the elements.data file...

Limitless (Our R9 third cast)
    Property: 2715 (Purify Spell)
    Linked Skill: 1573 (Purify Spell)
    Parameters: [1, 12]

Boundless (Our R9 fourth cast or CN third cast) / Rank 8 recast / Rank 8 2nd recast
    Property: 2477 (Purify Spell 2)
    Linked Skill: 1573 (Purify Spell)
    Parameters: [1, 5]

So basically both add-ons are different, casting the exactly same skill but with adjusted parameters
    I doubt the second parameter (5 and 12) are mapped to percentages, usually all percentages are processed as floating point numbers (e.g. 0.0123)
    If you wanna know the meaning of the parameters (and the proc rate behind them) feel free to disassemble gs ...

Seems an odd coincidence that the parameters are almost identical to the proc percent we identified if they are unrelated.​​
  • cosmosia1989
    eirghan wrote: »
    We-ell. I got refines via mail too. So I am a happy duck. Going to go farm the **** out of warsong fox-1.gif I still have no clue what the eff is going on but I got weapon and refines and shards so. Can't complain fox-26.gif

PS anyone who is reading this don't go and ask for refund if you think we will keep CN weapon. I have a feeling they will come back from the dead and delete the old CN weapon when they read forums eventually...
    ​​

Well...even if I would have no job I would still **** hate WS. Are you really looking forward to that? SMH in disbelief xD
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Discarding a stronger weapon over one add seems a bit extreme imo (G17) since the difference being you can always switch back to your original for certain situations. Think this would have been less of an issue had our forges not been made like this and you could pick a branch or have two different Rank 9 weapons at the same time.

Though this is interesting that people are keeping their CN weapons on top of the US ones...so essentially you only lost your rerolls because you then got your refines and shards too? (If Im reading this correctly?) So that's actually not the billions of loss people were arguing over but its kinda...I don't know if funny is the right word. Super funky?

I'll see what can be done about Basic Badges in the Event Gold shop because I mean since we're starting to see a potential influx of Event Gold and people having them in piles, might not be such a bad idea o.o' At this point if youre able to keep both I'd say you got out lucky O_O'
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • eirghan

Well...even if I would have no job I would still **** hate WS. Are you really looking forward to that? SMH in disbelief xD

Not looking forward to exactly... I got the CN weapon because i rerolled so many times and never got a good roll. Actually I'm still kinda miffed I had to go on this expensive goose chase to end up where I began, but I would much rather farm months of warsong and in the end have a weapon I am truly proud of than finish my CN weapon and always feel that doubt or unhappiness when I look at it. May RNGesus smile upon you fox-46.gif​​
  • shade13
    Though this is interesting that people are keeping their CN weapons on top of the US ones...so essentially you only lost your rerolls because you then got your refines and shards too? (If Im reading this correctly?) So that's actually not the billions of loss people were arguing over but its kinda...I don't know if funny is the right word. Super funky?
    It lookes like a mistake rather than intended by design, because Orinj clearly said:
    Your item can't be rolled back, but we can destroy the current version you have and replace it with the item you had before; so in essence a rollback, but not a true rollback in the appropriate sense of the word.
    There are few questions now:
    1. Will they do something with this mistake and correct it?
    2. If they leave it as it is, will the others players who apply for rolling back also get limitless without destroying their boundless? If you decide to keep boundless, it would be too risky to try your luck with support without clear information on that fox-18.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • eirghan
    Just got a ticket response asking me to NPC my old weapon fox-11.gif Why they make me do this ​​
  • shade13
    Just got a ticket response asking me to NPC my old weapon fox-11.gif Why they make me do this
    And if you don't NPC? pig-2.gif​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • eirghan
    shade13 wrote: »
    Just got a ticket response asking me to NPC my old weapon fox-11.gif Why they make me do this
    And if you don't NPC? pig-2.gif

*slinks off to the grasslands where no one can find her*​​
  • diorbebe
    diorbebe Posts: 7 Arc User
    Don't worry about npcing the boundless, they won't check. There is still a few ppl running around with two R9 rings. Keep them both, it's their fault for being incompetent and you guys did waste a lot of coins. So it's a win.
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    I'm sure all of this is being said in jest, but if you do not NPC the weapon, we will be forced to take appropriate action. Please don't make me regret my decision to offer this service to you.
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    *slinks away* The bodysnatchers, they called.

I think it would've been in poor taste to NPC your weapon during maint and leave you with essentially nothing. Perhaps thats why they didn't do it right away (?) And D:

Oh no, I think (hope?) people are joking about not NPCing their weapons... though I think even my post was partially in poor taste, so I apologize for that one.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • eirghan
    Of course i am jesting :s though i am surprised and confused about the order this is all happening in. Plus... To npc my own weapon is kind of painful. Maybe im not in the majority here but i almost prefer pw would have taken it from the beginning. Caused a lot of confusion.
  • dregen543210
    dregen543210 Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    My issue with this is, if a person is forced to NPC the old weapon, but then the people that chose not to NPC the weapon end up getting to keep both after all because Customer Service never bothered checking, that would make me feel reaaaaaalllly bad.

OTOH if orinj and the CSR reps really are serious, and the person keeps the old wep, they could end up being punished.

The only thing that's certain with PWI, is that nothing is certain >:) .

What is a person to do... O.O
  • shade13
    orinj wrote: »
    I'm sure all of this is being said in jest.
    Partly in jest, but mostly because everyone knows there will be people who will not do it. How will you realise that you need to take appropriate actions conserning certain ppl if you never know that they kept boundless? Relying on others' reports? tiger-43.gif This is not effective.

And what appropriate actions in particular will follow? Destroying weap on maint? Why can't you just do it without asking players to do so? Somebody will surely try to abuse the system and this it really unfair to those who either npced theirs or refused the service.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    you guys are NPCing a weapon that you crafted with mats from the boutique and that you refinded and sharded. just saying.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    orinj wrote: »
    I'm sure all of this is being said in jest, but if you do not NPC the weapon, we will be forced to take appropriate action. Please don't make me regret my decision to offer this service to you.

I dunno, it'd be fair to give *some* grace period to npc the weapon so that people can farm badges in warsong to actually reroll their replacement weapon.
    If anything, why doesn't support / CN people just delete their weapons after replacement has been sent anyway​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• shade13
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    I dunno, it'd be fair to give *some* grace period to npc the weapon so that people can farm badges in warsong to actually reroll their replacement weapon.
    If anything, why doesn't support / CN people just delete their weapons after replacement has been sent anyway​​
    Do you realise they can keep it for purify purposes only and never reroll or refine, and thus have an iron permanent excuse not to npc boundless? =) Besides no one can control how long does it take to get a good roll you are satisfied with. It may take years lol Then everyone forgets about you with your slight advantage.
    And there is also a chance you will never have a good roll. and then what?
    I don't want to cheat and get anything unfairly and risk expensive gear and worry what comes into support`s mind next maint. But I also don't want to suffer for being honest. Nobody wants, I'm sure.

Sg4FlzA.png
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    shade13 wrote: »
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    If anything, why doesn't support / CN people just delete their weapons after replacement has been sent anyway
    Do you realise they can keep it for purify purposes only and never reroll or refine, and thus have an iron permanent excuse not to npc boundless? =) Besides no one can control how long does it take to get a good roll you are satisfied with. It may take years lol Then everyone forgets about you with your slight advantage.
    And there is also a chance you will never have a good roll. and then what?
    I don't want to cheat and get anything unfairly and risk expensive gear and worry what comes into support`s mind next maint. But I also don't want to suffer for being honest. Nobody wants, I'm sure.

Yeah well, that's the infinite thing called "you can't satisfy everyone".
    I've always claimed the sidegrade is not worth the cost and was always advocating against paying that ridiculous amount of coin/money for an "upgrade" so small, weapon wise. Armor is even worse.

The idea I had with the grace period is let people keep it 1-2 weeks, let them farm badges, then in the week that follows, they must have their weapon NPC'd before the maintenance.
    Yes, maybe you STILL won't have a roll you're happy with, but really, it's at least something and it gives a chance. If it takes years to get a decent roll, then idk, your rng sucks donkey balls then.

That's what grace periods are for, giving a chance. They are short windows, and it's probably the best they can do.
    If I was PWE, I wouldn't give a replacement or anything at all. Specially because MUH PURIFY SPELL EASY MODO IS GONE QQ.

Because honestly, that's literally this entire thing is about.
    PWI's R9rr was a mistake that never should've been created and we should've just gotten the CN version right off the bat.
    Or as i've been yelling as well the entire time; give us the option to switch between our version and CN's version at a much, MUCH lower cost, so people can switch when they want.
    Because, and i'm repeating my other posts again, we are ultimately the ones paying the price of CN wanting to even out the versions of the game.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    Need some clear instructions here @orinj It would be bad if some people follow the rules and sell their boundless but other people keep both weapons. People can just say they don't got the stats they want until the GMs forget about them. Maybe put a time limit of one week.