SIN VS STORMBRINGER

Options
I know this may have came up before, but i'm curious. in pvp wise, lets say both sin and SB are r9s3+10. which would win?? i know it may come down to skill wise and the person who's playing.. but in ya'll PVP experience which was better in pvp

Comments

• lilkitsu#4417
    lilkitsu#4417 Posts: 87 Arc User
    Options
    well sin can tele stun to SB, and try to keep it stunlocked, but then Sb could use some sort of anti-stun or stun prevention.
    So to me i think it would depend, if Sin can manage to kill SB as soon as the tele stun, if not then SB gets free and kills sin from a distance with casting while moving (the main advantage against melee classes)
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Options
    Assuming same gear I think the sin should win (Admittedly I'm a little biased tiger-43.gif ) but sins can keep someone locked down for a good amount of time. As long as you don't get unlucky and keep getting purify proc then you should be able to keep sealed/stunned long enough to kill I think​​
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    Sin.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    Sin his an advantage in bout every matchup, tidal is pretty broken.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Seriously? Before Homestead I would say if the Storm is good then the Storm should win the majority of fights since if done correctly they can pretty much fire at the sin for quite some time before even fearing to get killed (Reaper Form/AntiStun/Dew help to survive alot), depending on the sin ofc. NOW its kinda impossible for the Storm to win. The Sin can just outwait all Cooldowns a Storm has, jump to the Storm and literally 1 or 2 shot it. The rediculous DMG sins got now is just unbelievable.

Back in the Day sins had been pretty balanced (pre-primal) then Primal screwed it up a bit and they went OP again before people got tanky enough and it was balanced again. OFC Devs couldnt accept that sins had to use any kind of effort to land kills and boosted their dmg even more and heck..looking at the incoming update...+sigh+

I am the absolute defender of selfbuffed 1on1s, seriously. Always have been. But if you are not a HA-class then just forget it. Sins can put too much preassure on anything with so little effort that you can say u only have a reasonable chance if you dont have to instantly pop genie when they are even remotely close to you just to stay alive. Most caster have enough DMG/Combos to eventually kill a sin, even on buffs (esp Storms and Wizards) so to even out the odds its imho ok to use Spirit of Defense vs a Sin and a sin alone. Any other matchup is fair (or at least alot fairer than vs a sin) and can be fought on selfbuffs.

So yeah, if both are fully buffed and equally skilled then I would say the Storm should win unless the Storm is ultra unlucky on purify Spell or was dumb enough, like me, to get the boundless "upgrade".
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Seriously? Before Homestead I would say if the Storm is good then the Storm should win the majority of fights since if done correctly they can pretty much fire at the sin for quite some time before even fearing to get killed (Reaper Form/AntiStun/Dew help to survive alot), depending on the sin ofc. NOW its kinda impossible for the Storm to win. The Sin can just outwait all Cooldowns a Storm has, jump to the Storm and literally 1 or 2 shot it. The rediculous DMG sins got now is just unbelievable.

Back in the Day sins had been pretty balanced (pre-primal) then Primal screwed it up a bit and they went OP again before people got tanky enough and it was balanced again. OFC Devs couldnt accept that sins had to use any kind of effort to land kills and boosted their dmg even more and heck..looking at the incoming update...+sigh+

I am the absolute defender of selfbuffed 1on1s, seriously. Always have been. But if you are not a HA-class then just forget it. Sins can put too much preassure on anything with so little effort that you can say u only have a reasonable chance if you dont have to instantly pop genie when they are even remotely close to you just to stay alive. Most caster have enough DMG/Combos to eventually kill a sin, even on buffs (esp Storms and Wizards) so to even out the odds its imho ok to use Spirit of Defense vs a Sin and a sin alone. Any other matchup is fair (or at least alot fairer than vs a sin) and can be fought on selfbuffs.

So yeah, if both are fully buffed and equally skilled then I would say the Storm should win unless the Storm is ultra unlucky on purify Spell or was dumb enough, like me, to get the boundless "upgrade".

...How does your post work?
    You go from saying there's no way a storm can win vs a sin, to a conclusion saying that a storm should win unless the storm is unlucky?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    Stormbringer was not made for 1vs1 so ofcourse a sin gonna win against a storm.
    giphy.gif

• zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Options
    Sin is built for 1v1.
    Stormbringer was not made for 1vs1 so ofcourse a sin gonna win against a storm.

You have much to learn.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    jsxshadow wrote: »

...How does your post work?
    You go from saying there's no way a storm can win vs a sin, to a conclusion saying that a storm should win unless the storm is unlucky?​​

Please learn to read. I said that on selfbuffs its nearly impossible for the Storm to win on equal gears but I also said that the tankier the Storm gets (for example with buffs) the odds go more in favour of the Storm. That is what I've said.

Thats the problem with sins in general. IF you deal enough dmg to force them to even react while in tidal and are tanky enouhg to not die within 3 skills then you can easily beat Sins, doesnt really matter which class you are. IF that is not the case than the sin will beat you. The damage isnt even the major problem here. If it was just dmg but you could CC them to hold them off/Forcing them to use APO/genie themselves, this would be no problem at all. But Tidal will automatically bring the sin in the most advantagous position possible since in most cases Tidal helps them so that they dont have to use any CD on genie/apo/critical skills as long as it lasts. By the point it runs out and anyone could start counterattacking they have genie rdy, apo, 3 stealth skills, trip sparks to no end and counter-CC ofc.

A fully decked out sin in terms of Def lvl with decent Spirit (1500+) is the most powerful built for ANYTHING this game has to offer with such a massive gap between the next class/built that you really can jump to the thought what the actual heck the DEVs are smoking and where to get some for yourself. This is a massive balancing issue. It always should be that if a class deals unholy amounts of DMG that this class in particular is also just as squishy. TROLOLOLOL but sin is the tankiest class in the game BY FAR due to tidal. Ya Logic is something really hard to grasp.

I hate buffs in general but tbh...the only fair matchup one could have vs a full josd sin would be: Sin on selfbuffs -> AA/LA with maximum buffs (Cept for the Dusk ofc which is only second to sins if full josd). Even then...Trip Spark -> Subsea -> Earthen Rift zerkcrit should still deal far above 10k on an Endgame, full josd caster. **** rediculous if you ask me.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    superfedee wrote: »
    tp stun cursed jail cancel subsea earthen. that's what it takes for the sin to kill the sb.

sadly who is devving wasnt happy with the fact that db was just about to outdps sin, then gave sins best spike DPH of the game with new er ct and even rds

but no worries they are getting even more buffed in next patch normal-25.gif i guess soon even HAs will need to wear physical def ornaments and have expel on their genie normal-1.gif
    cause while other classes will get minor tweaks, they are going to get 2x base damage on cursed jail, 10 seconds ulti in which state the sin will deal 50% damage more normal-1.gif seems balanced​​

I read sin ullti is only 8 secs, is it 10 secs for lv2 ?

--

Knife throw with no cooldown also gets lowered casting time from 1.0 to 0.9 sec, doesn't look like much but the original knifethrow is 1 sec casting time, 0.1 channelling time, so it pretty much adds one more knifethrow in 10 sec window for ulti, and it can interrupt channeling. WTH, any magic class with long channeling time is pretty much fked up. I usually save expel for when a sin is triple sparked, but now they have this, and I bet sins will manage to triple spark before doing ulti + full knife throw combo.

In theory, what would happen during an ulti and a sin does triple spark before, then followed by full knife throws is like this :
    Enter stealth (noone can see a sin with ulti), first knifethrow will have 1.5x dmg (first second), out of stealth, second knifethrow (2nd sec), enter forced stealth, third knifethrow will have 1.5x dmg (3rd second), out of stealth...and so on. Without response time to server factored in, in theory sin can do 10 knife throws, in which 5 of them have 1.5x dmg, equals to 12.5 normal knife throws. WTF.

If comboed with subsea strike +50% dmg, the dmg multiplier is then 1.5 x 1.5 = 2.25x dmg (stealthed in ulti + subsea), followed by a timed cursed jail with 2x base dmg is like 4.5x base dmg, and when cursed jail ends, the target is stunned for the remaining 3.1 seconds WTF.

and there is also zerkcrit+wolf emblem and tangling mire.

I guess it can't be helped, first there were aps, now all these damage boost for sin in almost every patch with skill changes, sins will be sins, and the devs want them to live up to its name. I really hate tideborn update.

Oh and it seems to me that most if not all sin skills can do auto channeling interrupt that's not written in skill description, and most physical classes/melees can do that, is it just me or does anyone notice this ? It's really annoying.

--

About the topic, my bet is on the sin, imo r9s3 +10 won't be enough to survive a sin, if all else fail, they still have master of shadows as a last resort.

BTW is stealth allowed to be used in 1v1 (unless it's sin vs sin) ? I usually don't mind because it's in the skillset.
    Post edited by freygin on
  • npc15
    Options
    freygin wrote: »

It's actually 16 seconds level 2​​
    WbG9jxx.png
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    Options
    npc15 wrote: »
    freygin wrote: »

It's actually 16 seconds level 2​​

All the more reason to pick sin as the clear winner, I bet noone could survive this ulti without apoth/expel (cmiiw).

16 seconds master of shadow + no cooldown knife throw with interrupts + 3 spark + full deity sin + this skill update with +50% dmg when in stealth + frenzy = an archer with overdose steroid without the side effects.

Can also be used to assasinate someone from 35m away. Someone should make a video compilation of success assassinations with this ulti from afar. ^^
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Sin will win. After chasing the storm bringer for 40 minutes of straight purify proc.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    Luck. Amount of zerk crits and purify spell procs cannot be controlled. The luckiest person will win.
  • igoplop
    igoplop Posts: 124 Arc User
    Options
    Archers > Every other class
    nuff said
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    "Archers < Every other class"
    Ftfy
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    Archers > Archers
    tiger-16.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Sins undisputed best at 1v1

Archers undisputed best at sucking
  • npc15
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    Sin will win. After chasing the storm bringer for 40 minutes of straight purify proc.

^This. Nothing more annoying then chasing an SB in circles because purify keeps you from locking them down tiger-32.gif​​
    WbG9jxx.png
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    Options
    Sb will win hands down.

I don't think I ever loss a legitimate 1v1 vs any Sin yet (including stronger Sins than me). Although there is a GoF luck factor that might make a Sin win if they get get GoF a ton of times AND the SB gets unlucky with no purify proc. Even then, SBs have reaper form lol, and trust me Sin cannot chase a SB with 15 m/s AND Churning Vortex lol, many have tried fighting me, none have manage to do it perfectly.

(I assume equal gear also includes equal skill level, therefor SB)