Boundless Purify Proc and Is Boundless Worth It?

Comments

• tom21
    tom21 Posts: 14 Arc User
    Hey. Yaa thx Orinj, great job on that case.
    And i has question as uppon. My point to swich US to CN version was to get max stat on it as my US one wasnt satisfy. So after spending money on mats and refine i would like to know if revert to US includes refines, gems and if stat on wep will be maxed.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Would a R9r3 weapon with max-rolled stats, and the same refine/shardage as your R9r4 weapon, be an acceptable solution to everyone?

TBH I don't care too much about mats since we are stuck with them anyway, there will be a massive supply of mats if they refund it which would cause them to lose a lot of sales which might cause the idea to be canned by the higher ups. (That's what Im afraid of anyway)
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    I personally dont care about mats (they can keep my money too) if i can get my orbs and shards back.
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    "US asked for CN version so we gave it to you. US is better for PVE. CN is better for PVP. Some things increase, some things decrease, but overall they are the same."

How the hell is CN version better for PVP with a nerfed proc?, these dumbasess don't even know their own game!, and they call ppl shortsighted when the evidence proves them wrong! @orinj thanks for standing with us we really appreciate it. A question are Chinese developer so oblivious to the balances issues in the game? it seems like they are not even trying to balance some broken things.
  • eirghan
    Yeahhhhh i feel what you are saying @samasalao. When i read that.... Just....
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
    But then orinj spoke sense so...
    (ヘ・_・)ヘ┳━┳
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    hi, thats kinda not bad news and thanks for the effort so far. but what about the money we put into the new weapon? that includes the 1.)r9.4 mats 2.)refine mats 3.) the shards

also, what about the refine level and shards of the US weapon we had?
    I second this. Will it be downgrade without compensation for those who payed for mats? tiger-43.gif
    samasalao wrote: »
    "US asked for CN version so we gave it to you. US is better for PVE. CN is better for PVP. Some things increase, some things decrease, but overall they are the same."

How the hell is CN version better for PVP with a nerfed proc?, these dumbasess don't even know their own game!
    Are you still surprised? It's pretty well known since ages they don't play their own game pig-2.gif

@orinj, why can't we keep our boundless too? That much is easy to do tiger-27.gif

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    If we exchange this then for the old version we had one to one + the mats/Orbs used for the new version OR we get a maxed version of the old weap. that would be nice too :D
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    I don't think there is a magic 'max stat' button GMs can use when spawning gear. Every time gear has previously been returned it has been with random stats. If you're lucky though a lazy CM will mail you a stack of 12 +12 orbs to restore your refine. I've heard of that happening before.​​
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    I don't think there is a magic 'max stat' button GMs can use when spawning gear. Every time gear has previously been returned it has been with random stats. If you're lucky though a lazy CM will mail you a stack of 12 +12 orbs to restore your refine. I've heard of that happening before.​​

we take that for granted. we are more concerned about the 1-2 bil we put into the CN version of the weapon.
  • diorbebe
    diorbebe Posts: 7 Arc User
    You people are so greedy. You upgraded your weapon and supposedly are unhappy with the results and demanded that your weapons be returned to its original state, so orinj is giving you that option, and yet that now isn't good enough. Now you all insist on either max stats on your r9s3 or being allowed to keep the boundless. How is that fair? Get over yourselves. They don't even need to give you that option of reverting tbh, and that's already nice enough.

If you do take the option to revert your weapon, you only deserve what you've had before. And hopefully they don't give you more orbs than you deserve, because knowing this greedy community I can foresee people claiming they had +12 when truthfully they only had +5. As for the boundless mats you used to upgrade I would hope they give those back, but considering they had the event giving away free adamantine powders that ppl took advantage of, I don't know how they can reimburse the appropriate amount that you actually bought.
  • shade13
    we take that for granted. we are more concerned about the 1-2 bil we put into the CN version of the weapon.
    Ohhhhh, you are such an optimist! 90% it will be random and no refines. Or with orbs, but random stats.
    I have no clue why GM didn't give full and complete reply on the matter, because it's important and may influence ppl decision whether to accept the offer or to refuse. +12 refines is a serious sum even for endgame. tiger-27.gif I hope it will not take them another month to decide what to do with random stats and refines, but I have no hope they will draw custom ones on each weap.

You people are so greedy. You upgraded your weapon and supposedly are unhappy with the results and demanded that your weapons be returned to its original state, so orinj is giving you that option, and yet that now isn't good enough.
    GREEDY?? WE are greedy? tiger-18.gif
    Okay, let's think about it in actual digits...
    You stay out there with +12 limitless weap and 2 bil coins in your pocket. You go and spend your money for upgrading your weap, but later you realise it was a downgrade for you. GMs generously provide you roll back and voila! you stay out there with your +12 limitless weap (let's be optimists and imagine they really +12 it), but with empty pocket. What you have spent your 2 bil for? You could refine something else, buy stuff for starchart, improve cards (there is a chance to have whole A set for this money), whatever else. Feel regret? Miss your money you could use for good improvement? If yes, know that YOU ARE GREEDY pig-2.gif Dropping 1 bil here and 1 bil there shouldn't be a problem for you. Else you are greedy pig-30.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Max stats on the Limitless weapon won't happen, but I don't see why they wouldn't give us enough Dragon Orbs to refine the weapon back to what it was.
    ​​
  • jsxshadow
    edited August 2016
    diorbebe wrote: »
    You people are so greedy. You upgraded your weapon and supposedly are unhappy with the results and demanded that your weapons be returned to its original state, so orinj is giving you that option, and yet that now isn't good enough. Now you all insist on either max stats on your r9s3 or being allowed to keep the boundless. How is that fair? Get over yourselves. They don't even need to give you that option of reverting tbh, and that's already nice enough.

If you do take the option to revert your weapon, you only deserve what you've had before. And hopefully they don't give you more orbs than you deserve, because knowing this greedy community I can foresee people claiming they had +12 when truthfully they only had +5. As for the boundless mats you used to upgrade I would hope they give those back, but considering they had the event giving away free adamantine powders that ppl took advantage of, I don't know how they can reimburse the appropriate amount that you actually bought.

That is not the point. For most of us it was +12 limitless + 500 Adamantine Powder + 100 Ingots (roughly 350 Gold on sale) + the orbs/shards needed to +12 that weapon again. thankfully I just +10ed the new weap since I knew something had to be done about it. Still. At the very least I want everything back that I have spend: My previous weap with refine/shards and stats (this is the most important part, I wont accpet spending dozens of hours in WS just to get decent stats again WTF. If your lucky and you only need 6 hours...thats still nearly 100€ for when I would work 6 hours, forget it!) back PLUS my +10 refine and Shards I used on the weap (latter ofc have to be Unbound orbs since I have no use for bound orbs on my Storm). This way I might be able to use the ressources spend on the useless arcane weapon for the Weap of another char of mine that would actually profit of it, like my Barb/BM or Archer.

It was a misscomunication from their side. They promised it to be stronger for PvP when in fact the only thing that makes this weapon so strong got gimped. Compared to the Boundless weapon +12 maxed out you could have a minimum stat limitless weapon with +10 refine and this weapon would still be friggin stronger in PvP, especially when you get focused hard. This is what most people dont understand. With boundless purify proc became nearly completely useless. Does nearly never work whatsoever.

Since we, the user, are absolutely innocent in that matter we do deserve a full compensation for anything we spend (whatever it may be gold or ingame coin) and heck, there is no reason why we shouldnt get it all back. Its not like PWE is losing ANYTHING from that. Money spend is already spend. They at the most send out friggin pixels that are avaible in UNLIMITED QUANTITY!!! for them. They dont lose anything, nothing at all. However, if they fail to comply, they might lose some profitable customers. 2xtimes full +12 refine (470g for 2x +12 and +11 Orbs alone, you can count the rest at around 200g to +10 2 pieces and u are at 670G), add around 100g for your endgame shards (f.e. 4 Icebournes) and ofc the boundless mats 350g (if bought on sale) and you are at a wopping 1120g or ~1k$ if you charged for it.

Yap, we are totally greedy. Indeed.
  • arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User
    orinj wrote: »
    eirghan wrote: »
    Woo it's Monday guys, which means we should hopefully know whats up :D

Also, since my notifications are currently blowing up and I've been prepping for a vacation, I'll just reinforce whats already been said- please stop derailing the thread. If you'd like to make a separate topic about DB's and their Boundless, feel free to do so. Otherwise I'm wading though trying to figure out if one of my many tags is in here multiple times.

I know you're heading out soon fox-36.gif but did you get any news for us?​​

Hi, everyone. Thanks for your patience. I met with the Devs and they double-downed on their previous statement of, [paraphrased] "It is the same."

I brought up the results of both external and internal tests regarding proc, and they told me that I'm looking at it myopically, and requested that I view holistically. I told them that without seeing their design it was a near impossible feat to view it "holistically"...

They wouldn't reveal the actual weapons statistics to me, but provided this statement:

And pretty much that was it. They closed the discussion on me.

As far as game/item design goes, there isn't anything I can do.
    However, for those of you that converted your US version to the CN version and want it "reverted", I am happy to offer that service to you. Your item can't be rolled back, but we can destroy the current version you have and replace it with the item you had before; so in essence a rollback, but not a true rollback in the appropriate sense of the word.

In order for us to do this, I will need you to take the following steps:

1. Go in-game and take a screenshot of your weapon tool tip.
    2. Send in a CS ticket and have the image attached.
    3. State in the ticket that you are requesting to have your item converted back to the US version.
    4. I have already instructed the CS group to oblige your requests, so you will not receive any push back.
    5. We can't do this forever, so we'll keep this service available until the end of September.
    6. The weapon restoration can only take place during maintenance periods, so bear with us if the process is slow.

Thanks.

- Orinj

Dear @orinj

please do not do this to the game... you know how bad this can be abused !!? if you really giving a new weapon with orbs !?
    i know some players already start making their alts with boundless weapons so they can get free orbs to resell it.

1-please make sure you destroy the old weapons.
    2- Gm's should refine the new Weapons (with a max stats so players don't QQ about the low stats.

now for the part that some players is QQing about, the weapon have been designed this way why you QQing about the purify... no one force you to go and get the new weapon you chose to have a new weapon you should ****** and accept what you chose to have

blaming pwi for giving a new weapon having a different Design is just BS.

and no need to fool anyone most of the players got most of their adamantine powders for free.

imo @orinj you should keep it this way and don't even revert weapons back

the damage has been done to the game by the New purify rate isn't bigger than the damage will be done with any kind of compensation.

i want pwi to give me a server change stone instead of old weapon :blush:
  • shade13
    Why do ppl read skipping whole pages and ignoring simple facts? pig-18.gif
    now for the part that some players is QQing about, the weapon have been designed this way why you QQing about the purify... no one force you to go and get the new weapon you chose to have a new weapon you should ****** and accept what you chose to have
    Did you read the topic or at least looked at 2 weaps? Those first who made it had no chance to know what they were buying, we had no clue what kind of surprise was awating.
    and no need to fool anyone most of the players got most of their adamantine powders for free.
    Quoting myself (in 3983457th time), first wave of adamantines costed 2mil each on my server. They were on sale then for 50 silver which is... the same 2mil. Thus, ppl who bought them, payed full price, which PWE designed for them.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »

That is not the point. For most of us it was +12 limitless + 500 Adamantine Powder + 100 Ingots (roughly 350 Gold on sale) + the orbs/shards needed to +12 that weapon again. thankfully I just +10ed the new weap since I knew something had to be done about it. Still. At the very least I want everything back that I have spend: My previous weap with refine/shards and stats (this is the most important part, I wont accpet spending dozens of hours in WS just to get decent stats again WTF. If your lucky and you only need 6 hours...thats still nearly 100€ for when I would work 6 hours, forget it!) back PLUS my +10 refine and Shards I used on the weap (latter ofc have to be Unbound orbs since I have no use for bound orbs on my Storm). This way I might be able to use the ressources spend on the useless arcane weapon for the Weap of another char of mine that would actually profit of it, like my Barb/BM or Archer.

It was a misscomunication from their side. They promised it to be stronger for PvP when in fact the only thing that makes this weapon so strong got gimped. Compared to the Boundless weapon +12 maxed out you could have a minimum stat limitless weapon with +10 refine and this weapon would still be friggin stronger in PvP, especially when you get focused hard. This is what most people dont understand. With boundless purify proc became nearly completely useless. Does nearly never work whatsoever.

Since we, the user, are absolutely innocent in that matter we do deserve a full compensation for anything we spend (whatever it may be gold or ingame coin) and heck, there is no reason why we shouldnt get it all back. Its not like PWE is losing ANYTHING from that. Money spend is already spend. They at the most send out friggin pixels that are avaible in UNLIMITED QUANTITY!!! for them. They dont lose anything, nothing at all. However, if they fail to comply, they might lose some profitable customers. 2xtimes full +12 refine (470g for 2x +12 and +11 Orbs alone, you can count the rest at around 200g to +10 2 pieces and u are at 670G), add around 100g for your endgame shards (f.e. 4 Icebournes) and ofc the boundless mats 350g (if bought on sale) and you are at a wopping 1120g or ~1k$ if you charged for it.

If they give any orb, there is no reason for the orbs to be unbound. They aren't supposed to gear up your chars that didn't get the boundless weapon. Only the characters that got the boundless weapon should get orbs if any.
    Grow up and try to think ahead next time :p
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • jsxshadow

If they give any orb, there is no reason for the orbs to be unbound. They aren't supposed to gear up your chars that didn't get the boundless weapon. Only the characters that got the boundless weapon should get orbs if any.

Just another example of how....argh its pointless. Talking to you is absolutely pointless. If we only had people like you playing the game then no one would play anymore. But ya, think ahead of something you couldn't even dream of expecting ever. Dozens and dozens of people fell for it but ya, Mr. Fox knows it all and can look into the future.

@orinj please disregard this troll, you might as well ban him for constant misbehaviour and causing mischief all the time.

But now the important stuff, we need an update about this. Really. Like I said before. the difference between those 2 procs is so massive that even a statless, 0 dmg weap would be more useful for caster at this point. We need the proc to be working properly and, first of all, we need to get what we payed for. No one wants to lose anything especially not when it is not their own fault hence why I wouldnt except anything but a full refund of mats/orbs/shards or pure gold at that. Like I said, for most people thts around 1.120 Gold and we all know how much money that is. This is a serious matter + this time its not like anyone from the community abused a glitch or something. The community is not at fault this time around.
  • eirghan
    edited August 2016
    You people are so greedy.... demanded... isn't good enough..... insist... Get over yourselves.... this greedy community....that ppl took advantage of!

in the great words of Rich Lambert, Creative Director of another famous MMO: "You know you don't have to be here, right?"
    if you really giving a new weapon with orbs !?
    i know some players already start making their alts with boundless weapons so they can get free orbs to resell it.

imo @orinj you should keep it this way and don't even revert weapons back

SMH, Sorry, but read the thread before you comment. Half of the stuff you are angry about isnt even happening.... I see nowhere PWI promised to provide customers new weapons and refines. Anyone who is making their alt's boundless weapons to get extra orbs are making a very silly decision that is making PWI a lot of money and a very large hole in their pocket.

No one CHOSE to get the new weapon with lesser purify. It was an unclear advertisement and the playerbase very respectfully ASKED PWE to make it right, which they are graciously giving a LIMITED TIME CHANCE to correct.
    That's like going to the bank and asking to withdraw 1000$ and they start hauling out boxes of Pennies. "Sorry, you asked for it you should keep it thats your decision!"
    ​​
  • diorbebe
    I said everyone who decides to revert back should have their items given back to them, but like a poster mentioned above, even that notion could be abused. There have been so many charge and spend promotions for the past two years giving away free orbs from 5-11* (also using event gold to refine) how can pwi accurately give each account the proper reimbursement without someone using this info to their advantage?

In regards to the word "greedy" it was directed not to the ppl who just wanted what they used and old weapon back, but more towards the ppl who want both the limitless AND the boundless despite complaints about the uselessness of the boundless. How is that not greedy? There are certain ppl who get what they originally want, but want even more after the fact.
  • diorbebe
    I dont know if there is a rule about double posting so sorry if this breaks any rule.

Just wanted to add that greedy was also directed at ppl who want max roll on their weapon for this inconvenience. Maybe the better word would be "entitled"? pwi doesn't have to reimburse anything at their discretion but orinj still gave you ppl the choice.
  • notanyfox#3644

Just another example of how....argh its pointless. Talking to you is absolutely pointless. If we only had people like you playing the game then no one would play anymore. But ya, think ahead of something you couldn't even dream of expecting ever. Dozens and dozens of people fell for it but ya, Mr. Fox knows it all and can look into the future.

@orinj please disregard this troll, you might as well ban him for constant misbehaviour and causing mischief all the time.

But now the important stuff, we need an update about this. Really. Like I said before. the difference between those 2 procs is so massive that even a statless, 0 dmg weap would be more useful for caster at this point. We need the proc to be working properly and, first of all, we need to get what we payed for. No one wants to lose anything especially not when it is not their own fault hence why I wouldnt except anything but a full refund of mats/orbs/shards or pure gold at that. Like I said, for most people thts around 1.120 Gold and we all know how much money that is. This is a serious matter + this time its not like anyone from the community abused a glitch or something. The community is not at fault this time around.

Well if you had played long enough you would have known that the proc rate is different between r8r and limitless. That should have made you worried for the new weapon. If you aren't the first one on your server to get boundless you could have tested the proc rate.
    I find it funny that you of all people talk about constant misbehaviour and causing mischief. ;)
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • jsxshadow
    edited August 2016
    Well if you had played long enough you would have known that the proc rate is different between r8r and limitless. That should have made you worried for the new weapon. If you aren't the first one on your server to get boundless you could have tested the proc rate.
    I find it funny that you of all people talk about constant misbehaviour and causing mischief. ;)

Like I said in another thread, I never start the fire, people like you do. I knew about r8r being significantly lower, I used r8r with purify spell a long time on my storm. Also, I was one of the first. Besides that, expecting a downgrade of a weap that was advertised as an upgrade is not to be expected. If that would've been a contract-related issue of some sorts then a full refund would be issued immidiatly in nearly any business avaible on this planet. Shall I say more?

I dont know if there is a rule about double posting so sorry if this breaks any rule.

Just wanted to add that greedy was also directed at ppl who want max roll on their weapon for this inconvenience. Maybe the better word would be "entitled"? pwi doesn't have to reimburse anything at their discretion but orinj still gave you ppl the choice.

We asked only for max Stats on the old weapon in exchange for not getting back the mats used to "upgrade" to the new version since the majority of people just upgraded to get better and consistent stats instead of the normal Gamble. A n
    max stat limitless weapon still isnt as strong as the boundless version for most caster stat-wise so that would already be an unfair trade but I would accept it since its the closest thing to a perfect weapon avaible while being reasonable. Either that or they shall give us the mats back. IDM either way. But I personally definitly dont want a ****-stat weapon, forcing me to invest time to farm Warsong for only-god-knows how long. No, that is just not fair. I dont wanna be forced to put in maybe 10h of my time just to get back what I once had that I lost due to a mistake of another. This would be massively unfair.

Also, most really are just asking for what they have lost. How they achieved the refine doesnt matter there as well. Why would it? If they had it +12 why wouldnt they get their weapon back to +12? That makes no sense. Even if they had been lucky to +12 it with mirage alone then it would still be legitimate. Do you wanna steal their luck from them? Even spend reward orbs are not really free depending on the situation.

I for one could provide a screen of my old weapon as well and I wouldnt mind to get the exact same weapon back (shards/refine/stats all how it used to be) but then I ofc also want what I used for the new weapon back. This includes the recast mats, the shards AND (only for that weapon) unbound orbs to refine something different with it. Maybe even selling it. That is still ok as well BECAUSE no matter how you have achieved the orbs/refine you could've also used it on another piece of gear or on a twink instead if you would'nt have done the "upgrade".

There is 0 room for any abuse. Are do you wanna tell me there are so many people out there with a +12 boundless weapon ready to be ticketed in just to get the orbs back for profit? that doesnt even make any sense. 100g are mandatory for the ingots to upgrade, so you wont get past that. Refine could've been free upto +11 but then again, this also could've been used on another char so thats fine too and +12 is either massive luck or another 145 gold you have to spend. Add the Cost/Worth of the Adamantine powders (at least still 500m coins) and the shards and you realize that this is a "scam" that is not in the slightest profitable for anyone.

Please indeed try to think about this topic a bit more thoroughly before accusing people of something that is nonsense or impossible/useless to begin with. Besides, our GMs are not stupid. They have their logs and afaik they date back quite a bit. I wouldn't be suprised if they would still have all the logs from when they released the upgrade-mats.
  • notanyfox#3644

Like I said in another thread, I never start the fire, people like you do. I knew about r8r being significantly lower, I used r8r with purify spell a long time on my storm. Also, I was one of the first. Besides that, expecting a downgrade of a weap that was advertised as an upgrade is not to be expected. If that would've been a contract-related issue of some sorts then a full refund would be issued immidiatly in nearly any business avaible on this planet. Shall I say more?

It isn't the first time a downgrade is advertised as an upgrade (some primal skills for example are a downgrade). You could also see boundless is a pvp downgrade for some physical weapons like saber, just by looking at the stats. So their advertisement had no credibility from the start.
    At least that will make you learn how to check everything yourself and not blindly trust what anyone is saying. :)
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • shade13
    In regards to the word "greedy" it was directed not to the ppl who just wanted what they used and old weapon back, but more towards the ppl who want both the limitless AND the boundless despite complaints about the uselessness of the boundless. How is that not greedy? There are certain ppl who get what they originally want, but want even more after the fact.
    You misunderstood then. Since orinj said they were gonna just reroll the weapon without any refunds, I suggested the whole weap itself as refund. As I said, ppl lost a lot of money making and refining boundless from the scratch. It's simply unfair, that they should get limitless and forget about what they spent on boundless. "Imagine this money never appeared in your bank". Mhm, yeah.
    Refunding mats and orbs is also an option, but as you also said, it's hard to count how much exactly was spent on every weap. Some refined it for event gold, free tower orbs, were lucky with tisha etc etc. Or they could give mats back + refine orbs without thinking that someone could make moderate profit from his luck.

For me both options are good, but unfortunately I don't believe they will make it really fair for everyone normal-20.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • eirghan
    edited August 2016
    I said everyone who decides to revert back should have their items given back to them, but like a poster mentioned above, even that notion could be abused. There have been so many charge and spend promotions for the past two years giving away free orbs from 5-11* (also using event gold to refine) how can pwi accurately give each account the proper reimbursement without someone using this info to their advantage?

I could see if PWI was rolling back items from 2005, but they are rolling back a weapon that most purchased at max maybe 2-3 months ago (Idk too lazy to check release date). There is very little for the PWI consumer to win by buying orichalcum ingots (100$ gold) Adamantine powders (250$ gold, but even if they "exploit" to get these items they are still spending at minimum 100$ gold) changing their weapon into Boundless, then RE-REFINING it to whatever level, then being reimbursed the refines of the boundless weapon. That is, for the craftiest PWI player, at minimum a 100 gold loss to be awarded refining agents they recently used to refine their boundless weapon. And that's just loss of the value of materials to create it and completely ignoring the loss of refines for the previous weapon. The most a player can gain is refining a different weapon than the one they upgraded to boundless a few months ago. But even still, imho they paid, cash shopped, got in on promos, whatever, to get the refine items for +12. Then, they are entitled to refines equal to +12 (as long as it is account bound). If PWI was able to restrict it to character I wouldn't be opposed at all, but looking at the past I highly doubt they will go that far.

In all honesty the average player who is looking to get reimbursed for this weapon will lose about 700$ worth of refines and materials IF we are reimbursed one single set of +12 refines and shards for the boundless item return. Anyone who opts for this change is aware that they stand to lose a lot and gain little, but it is a choice I think is fair to be offered nonetheless.
    ​​
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    Hi guys,

Only the original weapon + refinements + shards will be returned. Any upgrade materials post conversion are not covered in this service.

Additionally, we don't have the ability to pick and choose the specific weapon stats, so it will be a bit randomized.

This item restoration is not compensation but merely a 'good will' service we are providing. Just giving you an opportunity/option to get the US version of the weapon back.

Also, anyone attempting to exploit this service will have their requests denied. Only those of you who converted your weapons prior to 08/16/16 will be eligible.

Thanks

- Orinj
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Thank you very much orinj. I really appreciate giving us the option to get our old weapons back.
    It's fantastic that we can get the refinements/shards back as well. The random stat part is understandable, there isn't much you can do there.

• alphalordking
    alphalordking Posts: 29 Arc User

It isn't the first time a downgrade is advertised as an upgrade (some primal skills for example are a downgrade). You could also see boundless is a pvp downgrade for some physical weapons like saber, just by looking at the stats. So their advertisement had no credibility from the start.
    At least that will make you learn how to check everything yourself and not blindly trust what anyone is saying. :)

Yes some skills could be considered Downgrades. And yes some very specific weapons like the Saber have a notorious visible Downgrade for PvP. But in this case we're speaking about Purify Spell and Purify Spell only.
    So please, show us how could you tell before hand that the Purify Spell from the Boundless r9 was a Downgraded version compared to the Limitless by -And I quote your own words- "Just looking at it". Because non of us are blind and we all fell for this.

That was the hole firestarter with this effect. That we the players don't have the option to just look and tell which is better or worse from the very start. There should be at least a way for everyone to tell "This effect will be Better/Worse than -X-" by just comparing one from the other but there isn't. It's like looking at Purify Spell from R8r, Purify Spell from Limitless r9 and Purify Spell from Boundless r9. How can you tell the proc % from each other and which is better by just looking ? You could try but again, the result in your effort would end up being #NiceTryButFailed

Now on the other hand:

@orinj Thank you so much for keeping up with this thread and the playerbase plus giving us a solution with this problem that has been afecting alot of people. For real this is highly appreaciated including the Refine/Shards Restoring :)
    Total_Calm - 105 / 101 / 101 - [ ψ The Blue-Eyed Demon ψ ]