Cleric Skill Guide

2»

Comments

• Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:thanks
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for what is mostly a fantastic guide. It really helps to know what is most relevant at low levels and what can wait for later or is optional.

I agree with the demon/sage criticisms. For new players starting out, its a moot topic. It will be ages before they get to level 80. Unless of course they choose to become FC newbs.

One area I am still unclear on are the Seals. I don't quite get what it is that they do. By sleep do you mean, immobilized (rooted) or frozen and unable to take any action (mezzed).
    I have played other MMOs where rooting and mezzing were the terms used.
    Just some guy
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    One area I am still unclear on are the Seals. I don't quite get what it is that they do. By sleep do you mean, immobilized (rooted) or frozen and unable to take any action (mezzed).
    I have played other MMOs where rooting and mezzing were the terms used.

"Sleep" is the actual name of the debuff status inflicted on a player. In this state, the player is unable to move or take action. (Chromatic Seal)

"Immobilized" means just that. You are free to cast skills/use pots/etc, but you can not run around. It is worth noting that teleportation skills ignore immobilization. (Silent Seal)
  • DG_Anna - Lost City
    DG_Anna - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I was fitting a sin the other day and used Siren's Kiss. He was knocked out of stealth and i quickly sleeped him as he went into stealth. I then grabbed a mob to where i last saw him and used Tempest. Shows how effective those skills are when you know what your doing...

btw, Those skills are Siren's Kiss lvl 1, Chromatic Seal lvl 9 and Tempest lvl 9.

Not even lvl 10 and i still killed him, he also had a charm so it was kinda funny. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One of the best 9x clerics out there, built for pve but owning people in pvp. b:victory

Loving me and loving others is just who I am and if you want to disagree then you can get a life! b:bye
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Great guide Paramedic.
  • Hollyyy - Lost City
    Hollyyy - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I was fitting a sin the other day and used Siren's Kiss. He was knocked out of stealth and i quickly sleeped him as he went into stealth. I then grabbed a mob to where i last saw him and used Tempest. Shows how effective those skills are when you know what your doing...

True story. Since the tideborn patch, ive been using siren's kiss ALOT more. We have the skills to kill sins, people just dismiss them because they dont think with their own minds.
  • hishkari
    hishkari Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    question!

this is regarding the sage version of CGS: Sage heals 1200 HP in 15s.

It answered one of my question that it does not aggro since its a buff, but does it work like IH, I mean can we stack it on tanks so that it heals more?

and regarding the sage version of SG: Sage recovers 900 MP in 15s. (always to the caster)

Does it stack as well if we keep on casting it? say like cast it 5 times in a row, will it regenerate MP more faster?
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    yes, they stack
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Haruzi - Lost City
    Haruzi - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    True story. Since the tideborn patch, ive been using siren's kiss ALOT more. We have the skills to kill sins, people just dismiss them because they dont think with their own minds.

Hollyyy, that sin must have been horrible. I have the ability to one shot most sins, but if the sin has 3.33 base aps, there's no way I can beat it unless I use belief and pop an IG or vac and the sins stupid enough not to stealth. b:lipcurl
  • Skyforger - Dreamweaver
    Skyforger - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ty very much for guide. It's help me on startb :thanks
  • Araesse - Morai
    Araesse - Morai Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it doesn't say on the guide about Spark Burst
    is it worth leveling? b:worried

the rest of the guide helps alot when I don't know what spells I should level up first XD
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. necro

2. Obviously you get your sparks; besides they're practically free

I say level:

Ironheart
    Plume shot
    Cyclone
    Pdef buff
    Wellspring surge
    Plume shell

then

matk buff
    mdef buff
    mastery
    Squad heal
    Stream of rejuvenation

seals and more powerful attacks can come later if needed
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Christona - Raging Tide
    Christona - Raging Tide Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As a demon cleric, my buffs are very useful. Most classes sage clearly gains more chi but for clerics i beg the opposite. Yeah,sage gets 50 chi a minuet but demon clerics can spam there two buffs and have full.chi in that minuet and most of time in 30 seconds.
    Its a great guide but clearly its biased towards sage is better than demon which i think they are equal
  • makash
    makash Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was at a hunter quest and one of my squad members asked me to pull a monster (1 from a cluster of 3)- But I didn't know howb:sad
    After that I tried a few times with other skills of debuffs (I am lv 50 atm), but none worked.

So- is there a skill that allows clerics to pull? (or a geanie skill?)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    makash wrote: »
    I was at a hunter quest and one of my squad members asked me to pull a monster (1 from a cluster of 3)- But I didn't know howb:sad
    After that I tried a few times with other skills of debuffs (I am lv 50 atm), but none worked.

So- is there a skill that allows clerics to pull? (or a geanie skill?)

Its a genie skill on the Zeal genie (orange genie) called Earthflame. He probably checked your gear and saw you had one. I believe it has an 18 meter range so target, earthflame, and move back so it doesn't chain aggro other mobs with it.

A veno or mystic can also single pull mobs by letting their pet attack a single mob then unsummon. The result is the mob comes after the veno/mystic but his friends who never had damage dealt to them stay put.
    As a demon cleric, my buffs are very useful. Most classes sage clearly gains more chi but for clerics i beg the opposite. Yeah,sage gets 50 chi a minuet but demon clerics can spam there two buffs and have full.chi in that minuet and most of time in 30 seconds.
    Its a great guide but clearly its biased towards sage is better than demon which i think they are equal

I agree with this. I <3 my chi skills, and many of my squad mates get excited to be passed chi by a cleric and learn to love demon cleric's even more. It's a huge time and genie saver and in many situations can be a life saver if you self make your chi rather than rely on a genie because cloud eruption can empty a genie that you may need defensively a second later.

I get 4 sparks in under a minute for about 8k mana (which regenerates quickly). I can also pass about 2 spark in 30 seconds, which often saves time in squads waiting for people to chi up.

Honestly, cleric's are such slow runners I doubt I'd use the 3 second channeling on a sage's chi skill much because it means stopping every 60 seconds. Like I do with my sage veno and sage seeker I just rely on cloud eruption or other skills, **** Master Li.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • demagogic
    demagogic Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    wow seven 100+
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Guide is a bit outdated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkElfNurse - Morai
    DarkElfNurse - Morai Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would add to the Abbreviations that Regeneration Aura is also called BB (for Blue Bubble). Seen people say this a tonne of times and had to look up what they meant. (and they were probably saying it to me, thinking I had it, damn culti quests b:sad It is so pretty! b:dirty)
  • asat0r
    asat0r Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks alot! This was really helpful b:victory
  • mikamouse89
    mikamouse89 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Nice guide..Thanks you :)