What Is With All the Promos & Rewards Not On Friday?

enbysra
enbysra Posts: 57 Arc User
Promos and rewards should begin Friday mornings, and last till Friday at Midnight, or extend into the weekend from Friday morning.

These recent promos which have been held Wednesday & Thursday, and even on Sunday are truly beginning to become irritating.

Friday is PAYDAY. How difficult is that to understand for PWE? Most that do spend money, do not have EXTRA money to be spending beyond that. Why make PWI more P2W than it already is?

#wayto****yourpayingplayerbaseevenmore

Have a nice day

Comments

• wraithkiller69
    wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    people actually get paid on Monday or Wednesday (like me) or Thursday. Soooo yea.
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Or some people, get paid when they get paid... don't have a fixed timing... granted most retail places in the US are paid Friday's but the higher the profession you are, the more awkward pay days get.​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    >Friday is payday
    >Everything goes EXACTLY the same everywhere in the world as where I live

Instead of complaining that you can spend money on friday, why don't you save the money you WOULD spend on that friday, and spend it when a promo happens?

Oh **** did I just solve your "problem" with generic logic? Holy balls who would've thought it could be this easy!

tiger-18.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    Actually the Op raises a good point.

The issue isn't really however about when people get paid - it is about when we customers get to know about the sales.

Weekly sales are released every maintenance on the Tuesday/Wednesday.

However, we are given literally last minute notification about weekend and flash sales. It would be nice - and better marketing - to let customers know in advance what sales/promo to expect. This way we can plan accordingly when to save and spend.

Doing last minute notices on flash sales also relies on the customers being available that day to log on. With timezone differences and other variables, this is often frustrating. Last minute promos just reduce purchases and irritate those who miss out.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    yeah no codes no nothing put ak-47 in shop so i can buy it pleas fash wep
  • abbeycardile
    abbeycardile Posts: 10 Arc User
    Well isnt a "Flash sale" or "Flash promo" supposed to be "Flash"... I took it to mean quick, surprising, and bam in your face... and if you can only afford to charge on payday and not any other day... Then maybe you shouldnt be charging xD I don't know about anyone else, but I was able to participate in the Flash JoSD promotion without charging :p I check pwi news throughout the day to make sure I dont miss anything worthwhile. Besides... PWI has no obligation to us... Just enjoy the game and stop whining.
    disone.jpg
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    My payday is on a Thursday :p

Agreed about the flash promo with @abbeycardile. It was a flash bang SURPRISE.

PWI has always had different sales and never let us know much in advance. Those who save and are patient (ie dont blow their load on payday) are rewarded.

Not that i was able to parttake in the promo either *waves flag* now we know sales happen ANY DAY not just weekends :)
    Post edited by eirghan on
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Hmm yeah I'll ping the appropriate people and see if they can't make more Friday promos (no promises on anything though). Though I'm assuming the way they were doing it now was to try and hit as much coverage as humanely possible, more heads-up would definitely be in their favor. On their end, I'm sure they want to grab the impulse buyers so if someone had more time to think about it, they might reason out that they can obtain what's being offered on the end of the promo at a later date. But there's definitely validity to this so it should be floated over to them to consider.

What would people suggest a better "window" be? Right when the sales posts go up?
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • laiwaisan
    edited August 2016
    But Pwi don't you want my money flashes Debit card come on u know u Want it!!!!!

Ok let me help you again with your sale i want to see charge rewards 100 phy gems
    i want to see the defense attack gems in the charge rewards promo. crazy friday sale 25$ dollars i want to see 50 dollars rare mount like cinderella carriage mount i want to see 11 refine stone 75 dollars and 100 dollars random s-chest card 125 dollars refine 12 orb you got that pwi make it happen crazy friday Charge reward sale
    Post edited by laiwaisan on
  • enbysra
    arspaulina, thank you for responding with at least a wanting to deal with this.

aensidehe has an actual answer... "It would be nice - and better marketing - to let customers know in advance what sales/promo to expect. This way we can plan accordingly when to save and spend."

and back to arspaulina... aensidehe's idea here could be carried out to a week or possibly even 2 in advance? I would hope? I would think on the ARC PWI News? If that could be the case, that would be ideal. Even early bird deals etc in retail stores give advanced notice to sales that are also "flash sales" in essence.

PS. To the trolls, stick it, for you contribute nothing (least of all anything remotely close to being called logic).
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    It's called FLASH sale for a reason, you're not supposed to know when they happen and generally tend to be short, however most of the time nowadays there is a pattern to it, much like when PWE puts them up. That gives you the ability to anticipate it and act accordingly.

I suppose you also would complain about platforms like steam and the likes where they put up flash sales randomly and you can't buy the game you wanted to buy cheaper?

Jesus christ all these entitled people nowadays who aren't used to anything. tiger-18.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• laiwaisan
    Yes we are entitled people and we want to spend money grabs sign starts chicken nugget uprising
  • enbysra
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    It's called FLASH sale for a reason, you're not supposed to know when they happen and generally tend to be short, however most of the time nowadays there is a pattern to it, much like when PWE puts them up. That gives you the ability to anticipate it and act accordingly.

I suppose you also would complain about platforms like steam and the likes where they put up flash sales randomly and you can't buy the game you wanted to buy cheaper?

Jesus christ all these entitled people nowadays who aren't used to anything. tiger-18.gif​​

*bites tongue*

Nah, you're not worth it.