lv30 homestead

Options
blinkmuch
blinkmuch Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
so upon randomly checking out faction mates' homesteads i found this barb's (TT server)
http://imgur.com/a/nSaKW
and wondered who else is already lv30?

grats to everyone who is, ik how much work it is! :)

Comments

• ellenfan
    ellenfan Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    oh wow gz
    now im jelly q.q
    knowing im still like lv23 and all...-cries-
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    I went to 4050 prosperity and level 26 I think when I realised I didn't want to work on my home anymore. Have not taken one step into my home for a few weeks.
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yep we should probably be laughing at the people who wasted their time/money to get lvl 30 and 5k+ prosperity, because the US version of perfect world hasn't implemented anything to actually use a homestead like that, and its uncertain whether it will actually ever be implemented. There's a good chance it may never be implemented due to difficulties with our version and mixing servers.

So yeah this is a fair warning to everyone not to waste your time/money on homestead until the issues with it are fixed, same with Uncharted Paradise if you are aiming for G17r5.

The actual weapons are implemented in game but they are, at least in practical terms, impossible to actually obtain.
  • lilliida
    lilliida Posts: 41 Arc User
    Options
    @dregenfox prolly ur just jealous u cant get it urself? idk where yall r getting those bs infos from
    the US version of pwi got the homestead etc the way cn did, so idk why u think its impossible to aquire? the ONLY thing thats diff for US is that theres not several thousands of players per server as on cn servers, so ofc mats will be more rare cos not as many ppl farm them, but theres no such thing as "issues" that need to be fixed (i.e. its not like bosses dont drop certain mats at all like it was with ws bosses not dropping sb/db weap molds in the beginning, the drop rate is just rly low)

its definitely not impossible to get...just takes a long long time
    people said the same back in the day for r999 gear when we didnt have nw yet..."its impossible to farm"
    and yet theres been people who actually hardcore farmed it within 1-2months (yes ik one of those who did that)
    or quicksand maze..."impossible to farm"
    and yet theres been ppl who didnt have anything better to do other than to farm the weaps just to have something special
    its no different with g17 weaps, just that they r much more useful than e.g. qsm

so other than to rant about w/e maybe u should stick to the topic and gz the ppl who r dedicated enough to pursue their goals :)
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    lilliida wrote: »
    @dregenfox prolly ur just jealous u cant get it urself? idk where yall r getting those bs infos from
    the US version of pwi got the homestead etc the way cn did, so idk why u think its impossible to aquire? the ONLY thing thats diff for US is that theres not several thousands of players per server as on cn servers, so ofc mats will be more rare cos not as many ppl farm them, but theres no such thing as "issues" that need to be fixed (i.e. its not like bosses dont drop certain mats at all like it was with ws bosses not dropping sb/db weap molds in the beginning, the drop rate is just rly low)

people said the same back in the day for r999 gear when we didnt have nw yet..."its impossible to farm"
    and yet theres been people who actually hardcore farmed it within 1-2months (yes ik one of those who did that)
    and yet theres been ppl who didnt have anything better to do other than to farm the weaps just to have something special
    its no different with g17 weaps, just that they r much more useful than e.g. qsm

so other than to rant about w/e maybe u should stick to the topic and gz the ppl who r dedicated enough to pursue their goals :)

No, you are wrong. Even with the next update there wont be any red mat drops from any Boss in the game. The mats needed starting at the third recast solely come from homestead and homestead alone and ofc the xTourny that still doesnt work. Getting the mats via homestead alone will take ages upon ages with the minor playerbase our servers have. It has nothing to do with farming. You are limtied to how much you can obtain per day. There is no 1-2 month to get the highest tier of g17, not even if you would buy the whole server and thus yes, wasting (spending) so much money on Homestead is dumb. Just dumb. Its no achievement, it just shows that some people have too much money to burn, thats all.
  • dregenfox
    edited August 2016
    Options
    lilliida wrote: »

No, you are wrong. Even with the next update there wont be any red mat drops from any Boss in the game. The mats needed starting at the third recast solely come from homestead and homestead alone and ofc the xTourny that still doesnt work. Getting the mats via homestead alone will take ages upon ages with the minor playerbase our servers have. It has nothing to do with farming. You are limtied to how much you can obtain per day. There is no 1-2 month to get the highest tier of g17, not even if you would buy the whole server and thus yes, wasting (spending) so much money on Homestead is dumb. Just dumb. Its no achievement, it just shows that some people have too much money to burn, thats all.

Exactly. I'm sure there will eventually be a way without x-touney, but it'll be harder than getting Rb2 full Nuema Portal, and it won't happen until at least the next decade. No, that's not an exaggeration.

I just don't want people investing hundreds of hours and all their gold into homestead thinking that it'll give them something in return. If you understand that homestead only serves as pure fluff in this version, and still want to do it, then go right ahead. Just don't say later that PWI "tricked" you into something or whatever when you find out there's no point to homestead beyond getting your genesis skills, and then make a fuss about it and demand a refund.
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You know, I seem to remember similar complaints / expressions of general frustration when Warsoul weapons first came out. Lest we forget, the mats originally needed to obtain them were based on random chance and required an unfathomable amount of farming, often using instances that not too many people were even geared enough to complete. I remember one person speculating that an entire guild farming for a year might be able to complete one.

Gosh, it was like only one or two of those massively OP things was ever supposed to exist by the original design. And what happened later? Now we can get them with a couple hundred mil and a few thousand NW tokens.

tl;dr: Give it time. The impatience and power creep that forms PWE's core business model will have you covered before too long.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    Wow didn't think someone had a maxed Homestead, grats to that!

PWE has always tried to make things accessible in some way or another so at some point, we'll be seeing a way to get these mats enter into the game (hopefully sooner rather than later). There's probably a good reason why we didn't get tourney for now, and I'd honestly rather not have tourney than have it and have it be broken six ways to Sunday. And that's not to say people won't THEN complain about the fact that "only OP people will have access to the mats again or have their factions make sure everyone else doesn't get it and they will be the only sellers of said mats". If I remember correctly this was an issue for when we have the Championship Scrolls.

I hope more people will do Homestead or level it higher, the new content update that I hope comes International side in it's entirety has some neat stuff.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Wait, you're supposed to DO stuff with your homestead? Here I was just trying to add goats.​​
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    Wait, you're supposed to DO stuff with your homestead? Here I was just trying to add goats.​​

WTB goat beasts for next expansion because eirghan needs moar goats D:
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • dregenfox
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You know, I seem to remember similar complaints / expressions of general frustration when Warsoul weapons first came out. Lest we forget, the mats originally needed to obtain them were based on random chance and required an unfathomable amount of farming, often using instances that not too many people were even geared enough to complete. I remember one person speculating that an entire guild farming for a year might be able to complete one.

Gosh, it was like only one or two of those massively OP things was ever supposed to exist by the original design. And what happened later? Now we can get them with a couple hundred mil and a few thousand NW tokens.

tl;dr: Give it time. The impatience and power creep that forms PWE's core business model will have you covered before too long.

There's a key difference though, imo. Homestead was released as an entire expansion and billed as the main feature, while warsoul was only a very small part of the game.

Looking at it this way it's understandable why so many people have stopped playing recently, because the last homestead expansion was a dead end. There's already quite a few people with maxed star chart levels and 10+ aptitude, as well as AEU sets and vitae levels. So there's very little point farming atm unless you're seriously trying for +12 gear.

• greenfire312
    edited August 2016
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »
    There's a key difference though, imo. Homestead was released as an entire expansion and billed as the main feature, while warsoul was only a very small part of the game.
    I would argue that by this logic, g17s5 weapons are "only a very small part of" Homesteads. People talk as if Homesteads have no purpose except for those weapons, and that's demonstrably untrue. I've probably had more fun with Elysium than with any other expansion, and I haven't even bothered making a g17s1 weapon yet.
    Looking at it this way it's understandable why so many people have stopped playing recently, because the last homestead expansion was a dead end. There's already quite a few people with maxed star chart levels and 10+ aptitude, as well as AEU sets and vitae levels. So there's very little point farming atm unless you're seriously trying for +12 gear.
    Meh. Look, there's only so much you can do with a game that got itself hopelessly addicted to power creep years ago. They were either going to break the game worse than it already is (as they did in Sirens/r9s3) or release gear that only eccentrics like me would care about (as in Genesis/Morai). So now we have an "upgrade" to r9s3 in the forum of g17s5 weapons which take forever to get, which is honestly the best way they could've done it.

What did you expect - top players have the OP gear du jour in a month, the rest of the PVP-focused playerbase gets it in three months? If you want to lose interest in the game, you couldn't find a better method.
    Etherblade server
  • dregenfox
    Options
    What did you expect - top players have the OP gear du jour in a month, the rest of the PVP-focused playerbase gets it in three months? If you want to lose interest in the game, you couldn't find a better method.

I think a reasonable time-frame would be a couple years, 3 at the most.
  • greenfire312
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I think a reasonable time-frame would be a couple years, 3 at the most.
    Interesting that you put it that way. A properly balanced game would've set limits like that on all its high-standard gears, with only minor speed benefits gained from cash shopping. Even r9 itself was initially billed as a rare, one-in-a-million gear set because only the big TW factions would ever get enough MoGs to outfit even one character in it.

But then PWI went and dropped everything in the cash shop at once, and the rest is history. If you attract an impatient player base, they're going to expect the next big thing in the same time frame. And I have no doubt, sadly, that you'll be able to purchase the important Elysium mats in the cash shop before too long.
    Etherblade server
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    MFW when someone makes a thread on an alt about their own homestead to show off, and then argues with another alt when people say anything negative :D
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    @greenfire312 ofc. thats why I dont care about the home at all. besides getting all skills ofc.

I just farm my 2-3k gold and within the next ~6 months they will put it in the boutique and then I just buy it.

Its not only that homestead is a waste of time. UP is too. massively. I will be there laughing at anyone that spends ~4h a week just for UP and tell them: "I told you so!".
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    Options
    for once Joe and I agree on something, what a time to be alive.

told everyone, my friends, fac mates and especially the g16 people to stop bothering and wasting their time and money, yet the replies were always the same "i make nice profit with selling homestead items". funny how everyone sells them and nobody buys or wastes coins for upgrades.
  • greenfire312
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @greenfire312 ofc. thats why I dont care about the home at all. besides getting all skills ofc.

I just farm my 2-3k gold and within the next ~6 months they will put it in the boutique and then I just buy it.

Its not only that homestead is a waste of time. UP is too. massively. I will be there laughing at anyone that spends ~4h a week just for UP and tell them: "I told you so!".
    Y'know, some people are crazy enough to like HS just for the novelty of HS itself. Farming the items, designing something more interesting than "slap all the buildings down and walk away." Not everything has to be about gear and skills. Even contracting items can make your HS sustainable if you take it slowly, which somewhat mitigates what a horrendous coin sink it is otherwise.
    Etherblade server
  • zigheart
    zigheart Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »

Actually Up mats can bring quite a bit of profit, HS as well you can sell the dims to other players for 100k+ for the lower mats 2m for some of the rarer ones and red mat sells for around 200m on our server. i farm UP more for collecting mats to sell then the G17 weapon. you can also make some mats in HS that sell well, like dim ethers for 40 insigs on the lowest tier of daylies.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    Wait, you're supposed to DO stuff with your homestead? Here I was just trying to add goats.

WTB goat beasts for next expansion because eirghan needs moar goats D:

Goat beasts. Yes please! tiger-4.gif​​
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    Am I the only one who does HS for the really nice chance packs...? Lv27, w/ 4.5k property myself, made most of the coin I droped into it from contracts + items from chance packs already
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    Options
    on max lvl home and prosperiti is S box Q or no ?
  • demansfairy
    Options
    At 7.6k or higher prosperitiy, if you get a t10 (crimson) collection quest, you have a chance for S PACK, not chest.
  • greenfire312
    Options
    Sorry if this is off-topic, but I've actually been wondering how others make their HS sustainable. I'm not much for mass money-farming or merching and I haven't done UP yet, so I mostly rely on contracts over time to cover the cost of upgrades. I typically just buy the 12-hour NPC plants/animals at the moment. I'm aware of the UP plants/animals, but does anyone know their exp output offhand? Would it be more cost-efficient to buy a 12-hour UP seed than the NPC one?

I'd like to look into the UP animals as well, but the cost of upgrading the charger's paradise to 6 seems pretty cost-prohibitive and not really worth it, since even the lv2 upgrade only provides 13% increase for 13mil (if I'm remembering that right). Am I missing something here? At what point would upgrading the charger's be a good investment?
    Etherblade server
  • demansfairy
    Options
    null
    If you upgraded quickly ( had coin on hand before expansion hit) you could have been ahead of the curve, letting you sell higher level contracts for more coin, which in turn let you afford HS upgrades to keep being ahead of most players.

Honesrly, the npc goats and pumpkins are the best, I use 12h seeds I get from UP, but otherwise better to use the npc seeds, the UP versions give like 20-30% more, but the exp from farm/garden pretty low compared to say, rafting plants and tress from wonder market.
  • cerle
    cerle Posts: 40 Arc User
    Options
    I love the homestead system. It gives me place in the game I love to express my creativity.