Boundless Purify Proc and Is Boundless Worth It?

Comments

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    it wasnt directed directly to any1 but its still the best question asked.Even if you didnt i doubt you bought all mats through CS you can be sure 99.99% of all mats are glitched.
    If you say so, mats for GoF weaps are absolutely the same, and their proc rates work just fine. It would be really weird selective way to punish the glitchers tiger-2.gif especially if they only bought mats and did nothing illegit. Considering it's not an intentional move from pwe to promote unpopular mats, as I suspected.

P.S. Adamantines were sold for 2m in the first promo. Later they set 50 silver price in boutique which means exactly same 2mil (4 mil per gold on our server). So, even if sellers glitched something, buyers payed full price.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    ebisama wrote: »
    eirghan wrote: »

I'm not sure where you are going with that, but as someone who didn't glitch mats (I actually had quit game when they were giving these rewards out so sadly I didn't even get the bound mats tiger-34.gif) I think its a bit unfair if you are suggesting that PW should not look into a possible discrepancy with the weapon just because some people broke TOS. In my opinion those are two different "issues" (if you will excuse my lack for a better term) that should be handled, and disciplined if necessary, separately.

it wasnt directed directly to any1 but its still the best question asked.Even if you didnt i doubt you bought all mats through CS you can be sure 99.99% of all mats are glitched.
    It would be stupid to ask any compensation as ppl did for something that broke the TOS so i dont really cant see the 2 differnt things as most if not all bought mats from catshops selling at 500k-1mil on TT server.since every1 could know with gold being 4.5mil all the time and mats being sold for 1 gold each. Now wether to disciplined those ppl is not up to me but i would have done a zero tolerance policy for any glitch but we have seen in the past glitches can be used for advantage without any set backs.

I was not asking for compensation for the mats I used, I was asking for clarification on the proc chance and if the proc chance is less than the "upgrade" and will not be corrected, to have my weapon restored to it's previous state. And if I could be so lucky, refined and sharded as it is now.

I don't think that's unreasonable, and frankly it has nothing to do with mats being glitched or not since I am not requesting any money back that I spent on mats, or even having the mats reimbursed, only assistance from PWI in restoring my weapon. Therefore, with all due respect, i think this question is not the best question asked and really has no relation to this thread.
    ​​
    Post edited by eirghan on
  • eirghan
    superfedee wrote: »
    now we need tests on spirit blackhole pls normal-46.gif

g15, r9r3 r9r4 normal-46.gif

Coming tiger-27.gif Sorry only so much testing i can do in a few days before i wanna shoot myself tiger-34.giftiger-34.giftiger-34.giftiger-34.gif​​
  • eirghan
    edited August 2016
    If people are wanting a bunch of weapon refunds I could see where they want to verify results. A few videos and a few threads might not be enough to communicate to China that what we're seeing is different than what they think is happening. (especially if it's RNG based). I'd say give it a few more days and hopefully we can get a more conclusive answer and hopefully something actionable. I'm only 2/3 of the way to a Boundless weapon as it stands (lazy merch haha!), so for now, I can only confirm the US Rank procs.

As to the issue of mats being glitched, I'm not sure if they can do anything about that anymore (how long ago was that now? 2ish months?) and it's already had its market impact. Not saying it was right, but glitched or not, that doesn't change what could be a weapon add issue.

Oh I missed your comment @arspaulina#4310 . Did you test your american rank proc? Did you come up with something similar?

For me now Boundless it is easy, I could sit and smack my fox for hours and come up with more data but my rank 9 third cast data is limited.

I hope you are right. I didnt think of it in the sense PWE would want to verify complaints before submitting to PWI but I guess that's understandable.

I guess it's natural some people want refunds, I really only thought of future people which is silly i suppose. But I'd be happy with just an answer and a solution. I'd chalk the money i invested in mats up to bad luck honestly if I could get a good rolled r93 weapon with same refines/gems back =__= Or fixed proc on this new weap xD
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    @thenamesdomino @orinj

Any response in all of this?

• ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    Good it was nerfed ;3
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    @thenamesdomino @orinj Stop ignoring the elephant in the room, were you or were not you aware that the Chinese R9 has an inferior Proc compared to the American R9?

Did you try to make us waste money on a weaker product, false advertising it as superior, yes or no?
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User

samasalao wrote: »
    @thenamesdomino @orinj Stop ignoring the elephant in the room, were you or were not you aware that the Chinese R9 has an inferior Proc compared to the American R9?

Did you try to make us waste money on a weaker product, false advertising it as superior, yes or no?

This question is not relevant, all you're trying to do is accuse them of misdirection which almost certainly isn't the case. The problem is that the devs themselves have very little access to inside information since nothing is really developed by them, they just have to work with what China gives them.

I still think an official response is definitely warranted, but it should be focused on how to remedy this situation in the fairest possible way for all parties involved.

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Hang on, i'm going to fetch a quote i've been dying to use!

I love this post so much:
    We're currently underway giving out previews for some of the up coming content. Most of the information regarding r9r4 will be available in a blog scheduled to release in the next couple weeks, but to answer your question, the r9r4 is an upgrade to the r9r3 gear. Upgrading to r9r4 will turn it from the current PvE-focused set into the new PvP-focused set, or Making the current Limitless Gear the new Rank 9 Boundless gear.

tiger-2.gif

Taking into account what was said in that thread, apparently it would mean that purify isn't meant to proc that much in PvP situations.
    Specially aiming at this part of another comment of domino:
    So what does this mean? Simple short answer, this upgrade is supposed to put the gear in parity with the PvP gear in China. It's still going to be strong as hell, but this is a lateral movement more than anything.

Purify was never meant to be as strong as it is on our own R9r3​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• eirghan
    edited August 2016
    That may be true @dblazen1 but not so sure that level of gear (even ignoring proc rate) was ever warranted for pve. Everyone agrees pve is a faceroll, yes? If thats the case, that pw is bringing us pvp oriented weapons it begs the question what defines a good pvp weapon? For me personally its the proc trait. So if i get less procs then that is a weapon that is actually an inferior pvp weapon. Thats why information is so important.

I think @dregenfox is right, pwi has limited visibility in what they are given to release. If thats the case its possible this wasnt intended, or maybe r9 proc rate wasnt, and that sounds like its messy. Im putting down my pitchfork for a bit longer. Id rather have a great resolution rather than a rushed one.
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    Hi there. We checked with the CN Devs last night, and they provided the following statement: "US and CN are exactly the same."
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Most likely they're not aware of the difference. The current Chinese Dev team isn't the one that was in place when our Rank 9 second recast was created. And since it's not gear that's in the Chinese version they wouldn't be dealing with it on a day-to-day basis to know how it works.
  • eirghan
    edited August 2016
    I would have to agree with Cap. Anyone in this game who uses these weapons has noticed a difference. I would agree with that statement if it was in response to "Are the boundless in US and CN the same" but that response is kind of vague.

Can we prove that statement is incorrect when applied to "Are there different proc rates between boundless and rank 9?" Well, I have a small video to start off, along with references to posts going back 3 years of people agreeing with there being a difference. What are your requirements for proof? How many hits do we as a community have to gather, analyze and present to make the devs look twice?

What of the people who are unhappy with their purchase regardless of whether PWCN agrees there is a difference or not?
    ​​
  • fanzzz
    fanzzz Posts: 8 Arc User
    I would have to agree with Cap. Anyone in this game who uses these weapons has noticed a difference. I would agree with that statement if it was in response to "Are the boundless in US and CN the same" but that response is kind of vague.

Can we prove that statement is incorrect when applied to are there different proc rates between boundless and rank 9? Well, I have a small video to start off, along with references to posts going back 3 years of people agreeing with there being a difference. What are your requirements for proof? How many hits do we as a community have to gather, analyze and present to make the devs look twice?

What of the people who are unhappy with their purchase regardless of whether PWCN agrees there is a difference or not?
    ​​

they can finish farming g17 wep (insert dingo comment here)
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    fanzzz wrote: »

Can we prove that statement is incorrect when applied to are there different proc rates between boundless and rank 9? Well, I have a small video to start off, along with references to posts going back 3 years of people agreeing with there being a difference. What are your requirements for proof? How many hits do we as a community have to gather, analyze and present to make the devs look twice?

​​

they can finish farming g17 wep (insert dingo comment here)

Speaking of which. If the current Devs think that the proc is the same than you can pretty much tell 100% that the G17 weapons would have the same kinda useless purify spell proc that the boundless r9 weapons have. Sucks.
  • eirghan
    edited August 2016
    Lmao if they want us to invest billions of coin into homestead to get this "great" weapon that has a proc chance of 5% when I can have a character with a weapon with 15% proc rate i'm done xD That's like offering a cracker to a guy with a cheeseburger and asking him to pay you money​​
  • hawke1000
    hawke1000 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    @Orinj I'm afraid its not the same, or perhaps its some sort of a bug? I can confirm that the proc rate is significantly lower. I 1v1 frequently and I noticed this literally in my very first fights. What Eirghan's tests show is reflected from my videos too, here's an example of me fighting a Wiz with the old R9rr sword and it can easily be observed how often he gets procs vs mine which almost never procs....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iXIlWaQNbg

Please look into this, thanks in advance!
  • orinj
    Hi there. I will continue to ask the US QA team to gather results from their testing. At the moment, that's the only thing that we - you and our US team - can provide to the devs, which are the results of independent tests. We, the US, have zero visibility into the game code, so we rely on the fact sheets that are sent to us. Rest assured, we will continue with our testing as time permits. We too are curious to know more. Thanks for bringing this up.
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • hawke1000
    edited August 2016
    orinj wrote: »
    Hi there. I will continue to ask the US QA team to gather results from their testing. At the moment, that's the only thing that we - you and our US team - can provide to the devs, which are the results of independent tests. We, the US, have zero visibility into the game code, so we rely on the fact sheets that are sent to us. Rest assured, we will continue with our testing as time permits. We too are curious to know more. Thanks for bringing this up.

Thank you! In that case, I can provide several videos for a side by side comparison fighting the Same opponents with both weapons - will that work? Thanks again!
  • orinj
    hawke1000 wrote: »

Thank you! In that case, I can provide several videos for a side by side comparison fighting the Same opponents with both weapons - will that work? Thanks again!

Yes, please post here or on my wall (if that's possible). Thanks!
  • hawke1000
    hawke1000 wrote: »

Yes, please post here or on my wall (if that's possible). Thanks!

It certainly is, on it right now!

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Hi there. We checked with the CN Devs last night, and they provided the following statement: "US and CN are exactly the same."

Was there a miscommunication perhaps? The difference is not between Boundless in the US and Boundless in CN but rather between Limitless (the old third cast of rank 9) and Boundless (our new 4th cast of rank 9 which was originally CN's third cast).

Actually I know how to check this.

The addon ID of our old purify spell in the "Limitless" weapon (our R999) is 2715 (labeled internally as "Purify Spell 2").
    The addon ID of the purify spell in the "Boundless" weapon is 2477 (labeled internall as "Purify Spell").

So they are indeed totally different.

Looking now at the different kinds of weapons this is what I see.

Limitless (Our R9 third cast)
    Purify Spell: 2715
    God of Frenzy: 2275
    Spirit Blackhole: 2279

Boundless (Our R9 fourth cast or CN third cast) / Rank 8 recast / Rank 8 2nd recast
    Purify Spell: 2477
    Spirit Blackhole: 2279

G17 weapons
    Purify Spell: 2477
    Spirit Blackhole: 3239

So the overall finding is that our old R999 (Limitless) had an unusually good purify spell that people got used to and the new G17 / Boundless gear has a worse purify spell. The new G17 spirit blackhole also seems to be different but I cant tell if it will end up being better or worse than other weapons.
    ​​
  • hawke1000
    @orinj Posted field tests on your wall, I will post them here anyway as well:

a) Me vs Incursio (With R9r3 Weapon [Old Proc Rate]):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ6W0FuzXN8

b) Me vs Incursio (With R9r4 Weapon [New Proc Rate]):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXEiJBf4ftk

a) Me vs DarkCaleb (With R9r3 Weapon [Old ProcRate]):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc2dvYiel40

b) Me vs DarkCaleb (With R9r4 Weapon [New Proc Rate]):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxeym4r4k7M

a) Me vs WIcked (With R9r3 Weapon [Old ProcRate]):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg3uGIchPyI

b) Me vs WIcked (With R9r4 Weapon [New Proc Rate]):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upusZiuSXgk

a) 1v1s with Wizards (With R9r3 Weapon [Old ProcRate]):

i) Sylphial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv2RPzLlHDM

ii) Nilat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSPAaUkiLk8

b) 1v1s with Wizards (With R9r4 Weapon [New Proc Rate]):

i) MinGo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gWdIgUbA2o

ii) goof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iXIlWaQNbg

~ Cheers
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    superfedee wrote: »
    wow after aster's post i see a mass refund incoming,
    to the tickets boiz!
    besides fact that at this point AA classes got shat on with g17 weapons

>Request refund because weapon is not what you thought it would be due to proc
    >Implying you will get a refund for this

I honestly am not sure if i'm surprised or not anymore by how people do not expect these things to happen.
    Our R9r3 was and is only for OUR version. They were not intended to happen but were made on request of PWE.

R8r, is the exact same version as in China, and proc rate is a lot lower than OUR R9r3.
    Now why would anyone expect China's R9r3 to have a better proc rate? Because it's R9r3?
    Well, look at other proc's, they all have the same rates (GoF / Spirit blackhole).

Anticipate these kind of things.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• jsxshadow
    I can really see some sense behind having different versions ofthe same proc in terms of balancing. But it shouldnt be in between different catagories of weapons. The way the game is designed it would've been plain stupid to give such a powerful purify spell that we currently had on r9.3 to classes like BMs/Barbs/Sins/Dusks and so on compared to what casters get. Any weap out there that is for a caster should have the best possible purify spell on it (one could argue getting it for archer as well, but thats open for debate) obviously since Caster really need purify spell. Granted some caster need it more than others but still :D
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    PWE may not refund people for this, and they may even completely ignore this. However, that doesn't mean players shouldn't try to get PWE's attention and try to get a refund or help to get their old weapon back.

If we accept everything without even trying to ask for changes/compensation because "lol PWE doesn't care" and "lol read the ToS", then surely nothing will ever happen. Trying doesn't cost anything. We probably wouldn't even have orinj here, had people not made a ruckus over that GM incident a while back.
  • jsxshadow
    PWE may not refund people for this, and they may even completely ignore this. However, that doesn't mean players shouldn't try to get PWE's attention and try to get a refund or help to get their old weapon back.

If we accept everything without even trying to ask for changes/compensation because "lol PWE doesn't care" and "lol read the ToS", then surely nothing will ever happen. Trying doesn't cost anything. We probably wouldn't even have orinj here, had people not made a ruckus over that GM incident a while back.

Ya, even a refund in just mats does cost them absolutely nothing cept for a bit of human work to send out all the stuff and to organize the matter. Money spent is already spent and wont return anyways. The thing PWE would have to consider is...to ask PWCN Devs to change all purify spell-procs for our version to the better one (and I promise you guys this is alot less work and a more welcomed solution).

And no @superfedee I didnt invest alot of coin into an improvement just to get back what I had and to even gamble for stats again. That was the main point behind the upgrade. To not have to gamble for random stats. IF they refund the old weap with complete disregard to what people have spent to make this "upgrade" then it should be a r9.3 weapon with maxed out stats to begin with. No gambling, no more work on our side. Otherwise its no compensation at all. I know they can send out stuff with fixed stats the way they want it and that is indeed what I want. OR, they give us back the weap we had before or a kit to reroll/refine a bit + the mats needed to upgrade refunded in gold. That would also be OK. Nothing else is acceptable.