Duskblades are they ever gonna get nerfed?

Options

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    IDK why people say DB's are bad in larger scale pvp they are the key points in it. If your squad is not right next to them spamming all of your skills a db will not die with the damage reduction. Focusing any sensible db is dangerous they can easily just use one of their many escapes or ig while your whole team is getting killed off by their team mates

They are not bad, again and really, all it comes down to is the player. DB equals Sins in this account absolutely.

"Hehe i think this new class will be OP, lets just max gear it. I dunno how to do shet with it but well, doesnt matter, its an OP class so I should be fine" -> Forgetting that Duskblades dont have tidal -> Get wrecked instantly.

At this point its really just because the majority of DBs suck, just as the majority of sins suck or any other class on that account. That all just have no clue about the game, mechanics, skills, cds, effects, and so on... sometimes I even heard from some ppl with max gear (after I showed/told them) that they never used skill "x" cause they though it was useless but is actually a very important skill. Over the years I have encountered that way too many times.

All of this is the main reason why we never ever will see any sort of fixes for anything. Dumb Cashcows need to have a possibility to feel superior in some ways so PWCN will provide that in exchange for alot of money.

Don't wait for fixes. The playerbase is just skillless.
  • makeumad
    makeumad Posts: 19 Arc User
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Sadly..I have not yet seen a single duskblade that can absolutely utilize anything that makes this class really broken.

hope u here @ tideswell and meet Rekkofox-18.gif​​
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    makeumad wrote: »
    Sadly..I have not yet seen a single duskblade that can absolutely utilize anything that makes this class really broken.

hope u here @ tideswell and meet Rekkofox-18.gif​​

Seen rekkos videos, not impressed. I mean, how can you show off that you are skilled in any way with such gear on a broken class? If he had +9 gears like my dusk and can beat people that literally need a setup of 3 minutes of combos like myself then its ok. GG. Gears eliminate Skill. Which is the main reason why I never maxed one char and just went on to the next.

I talked to alot of people from other server, watched all avaible footage, nope. The single best so far I have seen is SoSinFull from Dawnglory since he at least listened to me to go from Sage to Demon and isnt full Deity, which also is stupid as hell.

Like I said. No Sage, full deity Duskblade can come on to me and tell me he utilizes the full potential of the class. Cause if so he would be at least 16 jades and demon and this is just the basic realization you have when analyze the class and compare it to any other class. That doesnt even require skill, it just requires knowledge. If knowledge already lacks there...holy hell, how can I expect them to be any good at playing the class when push comes to shove.

Me and Itami Pain are literally the only ones constantly showing fights on youtube with players that are mostly better geared than us. Anytime I see a fight of a dusk or a sin fighting someone with lower gears I wanna instantly turn it off cause that is just stupidity since the outcome should be obvious.
  • makeumad
    makeumad Posts: 19 Arc User
    Options
    The single best so far I have seen is SoSinFull from Dawnglory since he at least listened to me to go from Sage to Demon and isnt full Deity, which also is stupid as hell.

Like I said. No Sage, full deity Duskblade can come on to me and tell me he utilizes the full potential of the class. Cause if so he would be at least 16 jades and demon and this is just the basic realization you have when analyze the class and compare it to any other class. That doesnt even require skill, it just requires knowledge. If knowledge already lacks there...holy hell, how can I expect them to be any good at playing the class when push comes to shove.

u mean that SoSinFull is the best for u cuz he listend to u?... i lol'd
    anyway. show and prove it and less talk..
    oh by the way. how manytimes u watched Rekko's Videos?
    he's one of the good example for someone who wants to full Deity.
    b4 they put alot of $ on their main(db).

PS:
    Sadly..I have not yet seen a single duskblade that can absolutely utilize anything that makes this class really broken. <-
    i said meet Rekko so u would know how broken it is.. im no talking about the BEST in here..
    again u said: I have not yet seen a single duskblade that can absolutely utilize anything that makes this class really broken. <-
    pls hang yourself if u dont understand your question and my single replyfox-18.gif​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options

@saxroll if I would've focused on one char alone, esp if a sin or db I would've quit as well. Now that I have several lower geared chars to pvp with I can even lose some fights. Sure I cant even really remember losing to another class but sins and dbs on all my chars for a very long time but hey. There is no point in playing a sin if you are a competitive player. this class is too broken. If anything, the only challange to play with a sin would be if you constantly dont use stealth/tidal/focused and 1om1 completely without it. That would still be too easy since everything dies in seconds anyways. Thus being said..I highly doubt he got floored by Tigga so many times and especially not when he just geared up. That is ofc if tigga doesnt have like triple his gear now and if so then its hardly a feat to accomplish. I bet all my money that an equally geared DB cant beat pain. As the game is now thats literally impossible unless tidal works 0%. But I can imagine tigga camping max buffs all the time to make up for his sloppy gameplay like so many other people do.

Actually, Tigga didnt lose a round in the past month that I noticed, not that I live at west though. Does he outgear paiiin? Surely but he got a lot better than he was. I am not saying he is the best db out there but better than his reputation. Paiiiin put bout 3b into his gear recently, kept getting floored by tigga to the point he declined every 1vs1 with excuses out the ****, even after promising us a tigga free west =(. Then he decides to quit, claiming its because there is no challenge left, believe it if you want to.

Ps. As for the full buffs, they both had buffs majority of the time but thats general PWI thing, ppl who 1vs1 selfbuffed are a small minority.

BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    superfedee wrote: »
    no that's what you got out of my reply,
    you said dbs are broken, i replied you ask tigga how he gets shat on despite being very endgame.

Consider that not all dbs have the level of gears he has, now make 1+1 and tell me how the class can be considered broken when all what the game is about is mass pvp.

If you as an archer don't know how to react at a single db attacking you, as i said, that's only your individual skill problem.​​

How is single person relevant in this thread? This Tigga obsession ppl got going on is entertaining but not too productive.

I hit jaded BMs harder than I hit deity DBs due range dmg penalty, its even more broken than the para spam imo. You can argue all you want how people should be in melee range to kill DB but considering their CC kit and damage thats just a completely broken concept, specially in mass PvP where clustering together to take down the DB opens you to a lot of things. If you cant understand that much, I really cant help you.

• jsxshadow
    Options
    The single best so far I have seen is SoSinFull from Dawnglory since he at least listened to me to go from Sage to Demon and isnt full Deity, which also is stupid as hell.

PS:
    Sadly..I have not yet seen a single duskblade that can absolutely utilize anything that makes this class really broken. <-
    i said meet Rekko so u would know how broken it is.. im no talking about the BEST in here..
    again u said: I have not yet seen a single duskblade that can absolutely utilize anything that makes this class really broken. <-
    pls hang yourself if u dont understand your question and my single replyfox-18.gif​​

You seem to not understand. I am playing Duskblade myself. I have recorded killing a near endgame geared Stormbringer with my duskblade when I had g16+7 overall gears. I have not seen a single DB pull off something with such a massive, nearly impossible gear difference.

I noticed what you have said but I disagree, I need no one to show me how strong a class is that I play myself. I have beaten dozen of players with drastically higher gears than me. Anyone that is just on the same gear lvl or even lower gets destroyed in seconds, no matter which class they use. All you can see from rekko are fights vs people that are for the most part oneshots or twoshots that also obviously have no flying clue how to fight vs DBs. He has not yet shown anything that would give the impression of a skilled player hence I said that Sage Duskblade with Full deity kinda erases any thought of possible skilled players.

Also, I seem to be the only active Duskblade player out there that wants to get this class balanced. I also rather die in 1on1s before I use this broken Ulti. Why? Cause its broken and shouldnt exist and cause it makes all sort of challange absent. Boring. Playing Duskblade can be challanging with the right handicap and fun at that as well :D There is no victory if the enemy died by luck. Only if he dies by being outplayed hard.

Should tell you alot about it when I dont use the ulti and still win nearly all fights with the Dusk. The Ulti is unneccessary and tbh, any dusk that uses the ulti in 1on1s is an ubernub in my eyes. Same goes for sins. Every Ulti that cant be evaded, negated or avoided whatsoever shouldnt be used. Period.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    Stormbringer ulti makes less sense of me than db ulti at endgame with just one or two debuffs that nonsense hitting people like 6k plus normal high end atks plus that DEbuff can be puri and ppl complain about DB Ulti. Literally sb ulti with aoe freeze and then deity psy aoe good game to all xD
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    Options
    You can check for Chinwookie on TT server. He is good and not end gear.
    Anyway I don't understand why DB has more surviving skills than Barbs...
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Options

PS:
    pls hang yourself if u dont understand your question and my single replyfox-18.gif

You seem to not understand. I am playing Duskblade myself. I have recorded killing a near endgame geared Stormbringer with my duskblade when I had g16+7 overall gears. I have not seen a single DB pull off something with such a massive, nearly impossible gear difference.

I noticed what you have said but I disagree, I need no one to show me how strong a class is that I play myself. I have beaten dozen of players with drastically higher gears than me. Anyone that is just on the same gear lvl or even lower gets destroyed in seconds, no matter which class they use. All you can see from rekko are fights vs people that are for the most part oneshots or twoshots that also obviously have no flying clue how to fight vs DBs. He has not yet shown anything that would give the impression of a skilled player hence I said that Sage Duskblade with Full deity kinda erases any thought of possible skilled players.

Also, I seem to be the only active Duskblade player out there that wants to get this class balanced. I also rather die in 1on1s before I use this broken Ulti. Why? Cause its broken and shouldnt exist and cause it makes all sort of challange absent. Boring. Playing Duskblade can be challanging with the right handicap and fun at that as well :D There is no victory if the enemy died by luck. Only if he dies by being outplayed hard.

Should tell you alot about it when I dont use the ulti and still win nearly all fights with the Dusk. The Ulti is unneccessary and tbh, any dusk that uses the ulti in 1on1s is an ubernub in my eyes. Same goes for sins. Every Ulti that cant be evaded, negated or avoided whatsoever shouldnt be used. Period.

I don't know what videos you have been watching of Rekko, but i've made a quick glance at his videos, and can already point out 2 videos which aren't only against one or two shot people. And he doesn't seem to have a lot of PvP videos to boot in the first place. So you have no foothold to judge his skill whatsoever in terms of PvP, based on old videos.

Also, the argument that if someone plays like x, so you can't be skilled is your own opinion, and your opinion is not fact.
    You just don't like it when someone doesn't play by your book.
    I've looked at some of your videos as well, and I have to say i'm disappointed in most of your enemies as well.
    Not to mention your own way of fighting sometimes.

friendly reminder that you said duskblades would be weak and now you're constantly claiming they are OP, while I called that **** before it was even released and you negated it.
    Yes, i'm never letting that go, because I love it when people go full 180 on their opinion.
    ​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• keihan007#7641
    Options
    i called dbs too weak too before they got released

who could imagine that dbs would've gotten double tick def charms, cooldown reset, and that endgame db would've been the highest base damage zerkcrit class?

but still db don't have tidal and still there are plenty ways to counter or play around dbs, at the karma archer saying "it's ridicolous that you say go close range to nuke the db", because they are melee class and have paralyze, wake up paralyze skills are single target except one that has a long cd and 2 spark chi cost, in mass you just exploit the fact db can only focus on a single target and delete him... besides that you just really need to CC the db and it goes down if you or your team is unable to do that, you need to review your gameplay before going to QQ on the forums​​

How challenged are you? Clustering together just to be in melee range of DB will open you to vortexes, Major Roar + HF combos and so on. And the fact majority of constant DD is ranged makes DBs extremely tanky. Or do you see any other melee classes short of some sins with their tidal + stealth running deity?

Ps. But act like DBs are balanced if you want, whatever your ego requires :smile:

• blazerboy
    Options
    The fact the majority of constant DD are ranged is the main reason DBs were created because magic classes in this game make absolutely no sense. As a Wizard,SB, Mystic,Veno you can easily become physically more tanky than a freaking LA and hell even more than HAs if you consider magic and phy defense while maintaining much more flexibility because of purify spell, hence many people were reroll in magic classes and barely could be stopped

At one point on HL the faction with the highest wall of magic and a medium amount of blademasters had a huge advantage because sins even deity could effectively be escaped due to multi hit skills could easily proc and AA classes were like TROLO. Now sins one hit skills just nuke like rediculous amounts but before they didn't.

That being said they created a class who could effectively chase down magic classes and kill them I really don't understand why anyone besides magic classes have room to complain xD. This "too much damage complaint" I guess it makes full sense that magic classes should have 50k+ p.def and the only class who can chase some does no damage really...

P.S if you honestly can tell me magic classes don't have a lot of p.def or it balances out because of "less hp" yeah son no when you have purify spell and can dispell cc it isn't exactly easy to keep in one place that fox form endgame veno without paralyze even if she quote on quote has "less hp" it's still much more flexible than a 40k hp seeker who barely takes any less physical and for damn sure much more magic damage than a 30k hp veno
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    lmfao XD
    first: dbs are broken op in 1v1 at a point it's useless to 1v1 except if it's assassin matchup, which is their counterclass, or another db which would be a coin flip.
    in mass dbs are perfectly fine, you can't really say duskblade passive is broken when there is tidal, 0def, aoe reel roar disarm around

and who said you need to cluster together around a db?
    passive is 8 meters radius starting with, max reduction you have it from 30 meters on, go at mid range 12-16 meters and you are already hitting twice as hard, ego right? l2p lmao XD​​

Drop tornado next to DB, see everybody get reeled in, add nova/HF and watch everything apoth/ad or die. 8m range is a joke to deal with as there are plenty of AoEs with 8m+.

Just because game has other broken features doesnt justify this ludicrously broken passive. The fact it allows DBs to go deity and not get punished for it should tell you something. But right, its totally justifiable for deity LA to be tankier than jaded BM for all intents and purposes.

• joeseiner
    joeseiner Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »
    Just because game has other broken features doesnt justify this ludicrously broken passive. The fact it allows DBs to go deity and not get punished for it should tell you something. But right, its totally justifiable for deity LA to be tankier than jaded BM for all intents and purposes.

It's the same for Deity sins all along. They wont get punished even if they are being deity since tidal makes them so friggin tanky which leads me to...
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    I don't know what videos you have been watching of Rekko, but i've made a quick glance at his videos, and can already point out 2 videos which aren't only against one or two shot people. And he doesn't seem to have a lot of PvP videos to boot in the first place. So you have no foothold to judge his skill whatsoever in terms of PvP, based on old videos.

Also, the argument that if someone plays like x, so you can't be skilled is your own opinion, and your opinion is not fact.
    You just don't like it when someone doesn't play by your book.
    I've looked at some of your videos as well, and I have to say i'm disappointed in most of your enemies as well.
    Not to mention your own way of fighting sometimes.

friendly reminder that you said duskblades would be weak and now you're constantly claiming they are OP, while I called that **** before it was even released and you negated it.
    Yes, i'm never letting that go, because I love it when people go full 180 on their opinion.
    ​​

It is not about personal preference when it comes to chose sharding and such on such predictable Classes and those scenarios you all love so much: Mass-PvP. There is no logical reason to chose pure deity sharding for both sin and Duskblade classes. Why? Mechanics. From the ground up, those classes could even tank several people even completely unsharded. Despite this..the amount of survivability added by loads of Def lvl stacked on Full Buffs is just crazy. So In mass-PvP scenarios where anyone will normally try to kill the DB first mostly it is just dumb to not utilize josd since it will help you survive at least double as long IF not more (as long as you keep ur buffs ofc) and thus prevent those people focusing you to use their dmg on other targets (that might have the chance to CC/AOE and eventually kill them) and give you the chance to use one of the plenty survi-skills a Duskblade has to prolong your life even more hence being way more effective. That goes even more for Full Def-Level Sins on max Buffs. Those guys are literally unkillable if not focused by a load of people once tidal runs out when they are also skilled.

Now, some might argue that they rather kill targets quicker and thus be more useful hence sharding deity. I urge you to test your dmg. Since Cotd pretty much equals a full deity set (not quite I know but its close) you can use that. Test it. See how marginal the dmg difference is on avg sharded classes. You will only see a bit more of a difference on classes that are also max def lvl sharded but since we have CoMs/Orna shards now too, even being full def lvl sharded sins can reach upto 200 att lvl in cotd anyways. Diminishing returns IJS.

No matter how you put it, there is no reason to be deity sharded anymore. Endgame Sins and DBs have enough dmg to kill nearly anything on their own anyways, josd or deity. Doesnt matter. This is true for both 1on1s and Mass-PvP. Survivability is key on those classes since they can be such a massive pain in the butt especially then, when they can live forever. Look at the skill set. I really dont know how something like that can be even more obvious.

So ya, knowing this I have a hard time accepting people as "really good" when they dont even notice such obvious possibilities to further utilize the strengths of a class even more.

As for the Sage Duskblade Aspect: Go ahead and tell me why Sage can even be accepted as a viable choice when we are talking about the Duskblade class. Sage is slower, Less survi-possibilities, lower debuffs and the tiny amount of additional dmg is totally neglicable on fully buffed targets as it is even on selfbuffs. You will certainly not utilize the Amp from Dragontrap in mass with focus being on you so even that is absolutely useless. In 1on1s the debuff from Demon Arc outdmges the little amp from Dragon by far already. The single thing I like more about sage is that the Stealth lasts longer. Nothing else is better, absolutely nothing. Even the chi management doesnt matter if you know how to handle it on both cultis.

Anyone please feel free to argue against it and show me why Sage DB is better than Demon and I will pinpoint it for you in any situation you could possibly imagine how Demon will outplay Sage easily. You see, its not a personal preference, at least not when solely looking at PvP. If you tell me now you love Sage Dragontrap to deal more dmg in PvE. Okay. Thats legit. But not for PvP.

PS: I can tell you the same thing I already did. When duskblades have been announced they have been a joke. The way they have been before primal/Homestead they really havnt been that strong and inferior to Stormbringer. It was not forseeable by then how hard Devs would push this class. Just look at Quadrature in Primal. The Avg Duskblade would not be able to kill anything without that skill alone.

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    joeseiner wrote: »
    PS: I can tell you the same thing I already did. When duskblades have been announced they have been a joke. The way they have been before primal/Homestead they really havnt been that strong and inferior to Stormbringer. It was not forseeable by then how hard Devs would push this class. Just look at Quadrature in Primal. The Avg Duskblade would not be able to kill anything without that skill alone.
    Oh come on, we both know the way PWCN develops things and how they love to make the newest classes the best, it was easy to anticipate this was going to happen, it's just history repeating itself.
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Options
    first: dbs are broken op in 1v1 at a point it's useless to 1v1 except if it's assassin matchup, which is their counterclass, or another db which would be a coin flip.
    in mass dbs are perfectly fine, you can't really say duskblade passive is broken when there is tidal, 0def, aoe reel roar disarm around

and who said you need to cluster together around a db?
    passive is 8 meters radius starting with, max reduction you have it from 30 meters on, go at mid range 12-16 meters and you are already hitting twice as hard, ego right? l2p lmao XD​​

You're actually suggesting for casters in TW/xTW, to stop dd'ing, walk up 15 meters (which in itself means you have to stop dd'ing for 3 seconds, which is 20% of a charm cooldown), into easy purge range and just about every other range, just to get a 20-30% damage bonus on a single target who's just going to stealth anyway?

Kinda obvious you don't have any experience vs duskblades in mass. Good try at theorycrafting though.

• dregenfox
    edited July 2016
    Options
    blazerboy wrote: »
    The fact the majority of constant DD are ranged is the main reason DBs were created because magic classes in this game make absolutely no sense. As a Wizard,SB, Mystic,Veno you can easily become physically more tanky than a freaking LA and hell even more than HAs if you consider magic and phy defense while maintaining much more flexibility because of purify spell, hence many people were reroll in magic classes and barely could be stopped

At one point on HL the faction with the highest wall of magic and a medium amount of blademasters had a huge advantage because sins even deity could effectively be escaped due to multi hit skills could easily proc and AA classes were like TROLO. Now sins one hit skills just nuke like rediculous amounts but before they didn't.

That being said they created a class who could effectively chase down magic classes and kill them I really don't understand why anyone besides magic classes have room to complain xD. This "too much damage complaint" I guess it makes full sense that magic classes should have 50k+ p.def and the only class who can chase some does no damage really...

P.S if you honestly can tell me magic classes don't have a lot of p.def or it balances out because of "less hp" yeah son no when you have purify spell and can dispell cc it isn't exactly easy to keep in one place that fox form endgame veno without paralyze even if she quote on quote has "less hp" it's still much more flexible than a 40k hp seeker who barely takes any less physical and for damn sure much more magic damage than a 30k hp veno

You're making a bad comparison anyway, because fox venos are the tankiest casters due to unpurgeable 150% p def and multiple defense skills. Seekers OTOH are probably one of the squishiest front-liners because their only defense is their high defense levels - they have pathetic levels of CC and a useless last stand defense skill.

Compare to marrow and AOE stuns/disarms/reels of a BM or natural tankiness of a barb, Duskblade passive/stealths, or tidal for sins. All of these more than double survivability on the front lines, when used right.

Also purge has been and always will be the bane of casters, because it drops their amazing 50k p. def down to 20k and low hp. That's the main reason casters will never be able to front-line like BM's/seekers/barbs.

• dregenfox
    Options

ohrly

u have no idea how many wizards i've seen leap into dbs melee range get the kill and disengage or even psys walking into it or stormies which is even way easier for them

i start to believe Et is the only server that doesnt know how to handle dbs

by your theories duskblades cant be killed cause if you go close range you get instantly CCed, if you stay max range you deal no damage... lmfao. on a LA class that doesnt have tidal, can get purged and what not...

btw how does a db stealth away if you actually CC it? also that stealth lasts 3 seconds? what about revelation pots?... is this your argument lmao you guys really dont know duskblade as its mere skillset.​​

If your faction actually lets psys walk up to a DB and nuke him down with a combo then walk out I feel sorry for you.

• dregenfox
    edited July 2016
    Options

and whats bad for a psy to nuke down a db? O.o
    if the psy isnt overcommiting doing so, whats the prob?

i feel like you don't have the concept of mass-pvp quite clear besides not knowing how to deal with the new classes in the current meta

if ur a psy, track dbs genie cooldowns, go in earth vector 2-3 skills and db is gone, besides the fact that with 3spark ult a psy can even nuke the db from max range...
    if ur a wiz and ip leap into db, db is gone
    storm? 0def? etch...

you guys are really overstating-

i agree db in 1v1 is broken overpowered,
    i agree db has best DPS in game and single target CC kit

but that they cant be killed, cant be dealt with in mass, take less damage than bms.... lmfao?​​

Exactly. To nuke down a db, the PSY is forced to overcommit by moving 15 meters forward, which is your "amazing" strategy to counter DB's.

If the db is outnumbered obviously it wont matter, but we are arguing about equally balanced squads.

Full db passive is 2/3 damage reduction. That is vastly superior to BM marrow, which can be purged and is affected by magic penetration and diminishing returns.

Even at half range as you state, db passive is at least equal to marrow, considering it's unpurgeable.

And the thing is, that passive doesn't even make up half of a DB's defensive options, because they can always use def charm + elysium ultimate for 100% lulz.

• alphalordking
    alphalordking Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    dregenfox wrote: »

Exactly. To nuke down a db, the PSY is forced to overcommit by moving 15 meters forward, which is your "amazing" strategy to counter DB's.

If the db is outnumbered obviously it wont matter, but we are arguing about equally balanced squads.

Full db passive is 2/3 damage reduction. That is vastly superior to BM marrow, which can be purged and is affected by magic penetration and diminishing returns.

Even at half range as you state, db passive is at least equal to marrow, considering it's unpurgeable.

And the thing is, that passive doesn't even make up half of a DB's defensive options, because they can always use def charm + elysium ultimate for 100% lulz.

If you have the actual chance to pull this off and **** up the DB in seconds if it is being CCed by either yourself or others of your squad, I don't see it like a complete and massive suicidal move.

Now, I can give people the reason for the "2/3 Max Ranged Reduction passive in comparison to BM-Marrows" thing going on, but even at 10-12 meters away from the DB your damage would sky-rocket increase.

Imma give my "-You're Right- Thumb-up" to @superfedee here. Specially the part of Wizzs Stealth-leaping near the DB and then burning them away from existance ->[Incert any of "Ruby's Fighting DBs" vid here for a proof]. Or for SBs it is also really possible, heck even put the Churning Vortex and Maelstrom and stay within the tornado's pull area and the DB will be annoyed as hell, either will be forced to use stalker and any kind of survival trick up their sleeve or you'll get plenty of chance to gift them one free ticket to the River Styx [And you can see all this is possible in Joe's vids].

I like to believe that yes, DBs are a really difficult class to face in 1v1 scenarios, there's no denying it, but they can still be controlled and tricked with any other class and their special options.
    Hell even a r9s3 +5 (Not any other end-game gear, nor Card Set/Nuemas/Etcetc cuz no $$ or enough Time) Mystic like me can hit some nice numbers on DBs without the needs of Heavy-amps/reductions and those DBs seriously outgear me. I've forced quite a good number of Dusks to spend whatever kind of defensive trick they use and even with Ultimate and Reset everytime I get close, damage beggins to hurt them. Also try-and-predict them is useful.

So yep, they're a real pain to deal with, but they can be managed with every single class, it just needs knowledge, some combos, genie-specific for them and if possible, even use the actual terrain for your advantage. I can do all that against a DB but let me try it against a Tidal-Sin in which not even my knockback or Thicket will work... Oh wait I know the result = Dead.
    Total_Calm - 105 / 101 / 101 - [ ψ The Blue-Eyed Demon ψ ]
  • blazerboy
    edited July 2016
    Options
    For those of you who say duskblade have a "stealth" it's 3 seconds in demon and 6 seconds if you decide to waste two sparks yeah go home son and shadow form is 10 seconds with no additional speed involved... @dregenfox when I mentioned seekers and venos I'm speaking in general of HA and AA. Idk what MMOs you've played but this is the first I ever played where the majority of the casters were highest in flexibility and have highest p.def/m.def ratio over LA/HA so if they needed a class to put them in check why not? Half the time a sin can't get it done if he doesn't 1-4 shot u and if ur good geared yes that doesn't happen and you can't depend on a bm to do that cuz he gets hella focused dead instantly and a barb isn't even a question atleast a db can effectively chase AA classes with some sort of defense if a bm tried that he will insta get K.Oed
  • blazerboy
    edited July 2016
    Options
    How are db getting tagged on but when sins can 3rd spark subsea life hunter then Elysium spellcutter/earthen rift with full jsod and high end hit anything but HA 30k no problem are y'all for real... A full deity sin can damn near hit HA buffed for 20k are most deity DB can only do that with only quadrature (3min CD) and superlucky hit saeber beads (3min) even with ulti reset that's hardly considered spam able when sins it's like 15 sec CD lmfao the only difference is the sin make your wep procs carry you if your lucky while with db it takes more skill and knowing how to set up your genie. A good genie set up can completely counter the db stunlock provided you got decent enough gear to tank
  • dregenfox
    edited July 2016
    Options
    blazerboy wrote: »
    For those of you who say duskblade have a "stealth" it's 3 seconds in demon and 6 seconds if you decide to waste two sparks yeah go home son and shadow form is 10 seconds with no additional speed involved... @dregenfox when I mentioned seekers and venos I'm speaking in general of HA and AA. Idk what MMOs you've played but this is the first I ever played where the majority of the casters were highest in flexibility and have highest p.def/m.def ratio over LA/HA so if they needed a class to put them in check why not? Half the time a sin can't get it done if he doesn't 1-4 shot u and if ur good geared yes that doesn't happen and you can't depend on a bm to do that cuz he gets hella focused dead instantly and a barb isn't even a question atleast a db can effectively chase AA classes with some sort of defense if a bm tried that he will insta get K.Oed

It's still rare for a caster to have 25k+ base phy def unless he has high refines, while most HA classes can hit 45k+ without really trying. Also the proliferation of 67% mag def charms have really put a dent in caster damage.

I think part of the problem is that there are a LOT of fully maxed out, full JoSD casters on Da. A lot of the +12 HA classes are sharded in full primeval, which isn't bad when you're at +10, but ends up being a lot worse with full +12 refines.

Full +12, JoSD/battlement sharded BM's and barbs are very difficult to kill even for casters.

@blazerboy - I've taken the liberty to create two survival index pages of a sage mystic and your current seeker build, both maxed to +12 and JoSD, full cleric buffs, self buff, and barb buffs. Mystic has AEU set while yours does not, which means you could probably get tankier.

mystic: http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html#charClass=9&level=100&vit=100&mag=900&str=70&dex=5&hp=30800&pdef=41000&mres=53000&deflev=115&opplev=101&oppattlev=150&pdefbuff=0&mresbuff=0&hpbuff=0&pdefgearbuff=0&mresgearbuff=0&hpgearbuff=5&dlevbuff=0&optimalType=2&opppreset=0&buffpreset=2&gemquality=1&calcOptimal=0&numSock=0

seeker: http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html#charClass=8&level=100&vit=90&mag=5&str=818&dex=160&hp=40908&pdef=50000&mres=34500&deflev=150&opplev=101&oppattlev=150&pdefbuff=0&mresbuff=0&hpbuff=0&pdefgearbuff=0&mresgearbuff=0&hpgearbuff=5&dlevbuff=0&optimalType=2&opppreset=0&buffpreset=2&gemquality=1&calcOptimal=0&numSock=0

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    HAs can hit 45k+ without trying on what? A level 30 mob?

An amazing hit pvp for me is like 20k-25k and thats usually a zerk crit.
  • alphalordking
    alphalordking Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    HAs can hit 45k+ without trying on what? A level 30 mob?

An amazing hit pvp for me is like 20k-25k and thats usually a zerk crit.

I think those values where for Phys. Def speaking, comparing AAs to HAs xD. *Nice zerkcrits tho*
    Total_Calm - 105 / 101 / 101 - [ ψ The Blue-Eyed Demon ψ ]