Territory Wars and Dragons' Conquest Reset + Changes to reward structure + X-server Nation Wars?

orinj
orinj Posts: 460 admin
Hello, all. Here's some info regarding the upcoming resets to Territory Wars and Dragons' Conquests.

What: TW and DC resets
Who: All servers
Where: In-game
When: August 3rd, 2016
Why: August 3rd will allow participating factions to tie up loose ends, and also allow people to take advantage of the changes to the reward structure
How: Bribing devs (kidding)
Comments: None

What: Changes to rewards
When: Immediate
Why: So more factions have a chance to win
How: Magic
Comments: Here's how the new reward structure will work.

- Going forward, TW and DC will be reset every quarter (3 months).
- At the end of the quarter, the top-placing faction will be awarded a prize.
- At the end of the quarter, another participating faction will be randomly selected to receive the runner-up prize.
- During the 3-month period, a participating faction will be randomly selected to win a monthly prize.
- 5 chances to win: 1x top prize, 1x runner-up, 3x monthly prizes.
- Other than top prize, no double dipping; i.e. can't win twice.
- Note: We haven't decided on prizes yet.

Now about X-server Nation Wars...

Is it feasible - yes. Is it practical - at the moment, no.
The reasons for why it's not practical is due to event synchronization and also limitations related to the server time.
However, we are trying to figure it out.
The following conditions, though, would have to be met for us to pursue this:

1. Event has to take place across all regions on the same server day. - Limitations on the code level.
2. Event cannot overlap into standard nation wars. - Can't rob Pedro to pay Paulo.
3. Event scheduling has to be fair to all servers. - Otherwise, this wouldn't be much of an event.

Points 1 and 2 are the hardest to negotiate.
Point 3 can be resolved by rotating the event times so that they reset every 3 months along with TW and DC. Not ideal, but doable.

But - we know this is important to y'all, so while we'll do our best to try to figure something out, this isn't something that I can promise will come to fruition.

Feedback regarding the contents of this post are welcome, but know that I/we may not be able to respond to all requests or inquiries.

Cheers,

Orinj
F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.

Comments

• tidustheswordwarrior
    tidustheswordwarrior Posts: 50 Arc User
    forget bout the x-nation wars, it was a failure to begin with and will be a failure again regardless of how the time is set up. so just keep it with normal nw among each server.

• npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for the update! It was mentioned in the other thread you had but if xnation wars is brought back can nations be mixed up instead of server vs server? Would help to balance it out instead of the same server winning basically every week

Also, I know this probably doesn't make sense for the most people but I'd love Dragons Conquest on Sunday so I can attendtiger-4.gif​​
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,797 Community Moderator
    edited July 2016
    Thank You @orinj again for this INFO ahead of time.

I did a vote on TW seasons a while back to see what player base was after. I was surprised by the vote my self. Link Here. I feel that 3 would be to much and hard to keep on top of as we have seen in the past it has long been forgotten and so why I have tired again and again to ask for dates. My reason for the 4 Months also backs the Dragons Conquest as we will loose 2 weeks until land is obtained as the way I understand the system.

I am glad to see new items for TW rewards and new ways to win for doing TW, not to say I would hope you may consider asking the community for suggestions on TW rewards.

Sorry to keep this up but something I feel really strongly for the player base. Thanks for your time as well. On a last note If I can help let me know.

H.​​
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    superfedee wrote: »
    imo x-server nw time: PST 12,30 PM (aka CET 10,30 PM) on the saturdays. it would happen right after nws slot and won't interfere with any event.

*disregard the charming comment*
    set up charm shop, people go to tw, come out, nw, come out cross server nw. One can make lots and lots of money by controlling the charm market.

Cross server nw + normal nw = good idea for us mortals who are still farming tokens to make things. For cross server nw, i still do not understand why one server = one nation? Why not just randomize the squads that go in from different servers. There is no way to match up against specific people consistently in nw.

For example, squad 1 from server 1 = light nation. Squad 5 from server 3 = light nation, squad 2 server 1 = dark nation and the randomness chooses the outcome. This way, would the number of players in each nation be not more balanced?

Also have two different times set up for cross server nw. One time set up that helps 1/2 the world time zone, and the 2nd time set up helps the other 1/2 of the world (or how ever decisions are made based on physical locations of players with regards to time zones in question). This way people who can not let's say make it at 9am their time zone, can make it on another day that may be around 6pm their time zone. This helps people attend at least one nation war out of 4.​​
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    npc15 wrote: »
    Thanks for the update! It was mentioned in the other thread you had but if xnation wars is brought back can nations be mixed up instead of server vs server?​​
    Unfortunately, this is not possible.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    orinj wrote: »
    Hello, all. Here's some info regarding the upcoming resets to Territory Wars and Dragons' Conquests.

What: TW and DC resets
    When: August 3rd, 2016
    Why: August 3rd will allow participating factions to tie up loose ends, and also allow people to take advantage of the changes to the reward structure
    Comments: None

- At the end of the quarter, another participating faction will be randomly selected to receive the runner-up prize.
    - During the 3-month period, a participating faction will be randomly selected to win a monthly prize.

The reasons for why it's not practical is due to event synchronization and also limitations related to the server time.

1. Event has to take place across all regions on the same server day. - Limitations on the code level.
    2. Event cannot overlap into standard nation wars. - Can't rob Pedro to pay Paulo.
    3. Event scheduling has to be fair to all servers. - Otherwise, this wouldn't be much of an event.

Points 1 and 2 are the hardest to negotiate.
    Point 3 can be resolved by rotating the event times so that they reset every 3 months along with TW and DC. Not ideal, but doable.

But - we know this is important to y'all, so while we'll do our best to try to figure something out, this isn't something that I can promise will come to fruition.

Feedback regarding the contents of this post are welcome, but know that I/we may not be able to respond to all requests or inquiries.

Cheers,

Orinj

We have been promised 3 months reset for TW when Elysium arrived, but never happened. I hope this time it will be a real thing
  • spatz1993
    spatz1993 Posts: 42 Arc User
    surtr wrote: »
    Thanks for the update! It was mentioned in the other thread you had but if xnation wars is brought back can nations be mixed up instead of server vs server?​​
    Can you remove the commander option for xNW atleast?
  • beast21g
    spatz1993 wrote: »

you mean xTW right?
  • spatz1993
    spatz1993 Posts: 42 Arc User
    beast21g wrote: »

you mean xTW right?

No. xNW.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User

What kind of bribing do you accept? tiger-37.gif​​
  • beast21g
    beast21g wrote: »

you mean xTW right?

No. xNW.

yes my bad you were talking about commanders system
  • sasquatch87
    sasquatch87 Posts: 51 Arc User
    forget bout the x-nation wars, it was a failure to begin with and will be a failure again regardless of how the time is set up. so just keep it with normal nw among each server.

Please speak for yourself x-nw was one of the best events pwi has ever had, true it had some issues but hopefully this time around those issues will be fixed to make everyone happy (mostly everyone).

Thank you for working on bringing back X-NW.

• arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    @heero200 the vote is evenly split. Interesting! But I think I've said this in another thread, but 6 months was the old schedule wasn't it? Back in the day, 1 whole faction would own the map or the top 2. General server apathy though can do this regardless of whether its 4 months or 6 to be fair.

General-Yes it sucks that we can't mix up the nation lay out a bit better (i.e. having it be various servers thrown in instead of each server being a "nation"), but it's nice to see another attempt is made to try and see if there's some sort of common ground to be achieved. Hopefully we can find something this time around that'll work.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User

We have been told that we would have regular TW resets before. Nice try, we aren't going to fall for that again.
    Haven't decided on the prizes yet, means they will be lame **** prizes. Timed fashion anyone?
    Elaborate on what you consider "monthly". Your talking a span of 3 months then say monthly, does that mean they will be given 3 prizes?

Since when did PWE give a rats **** about event times? You guys royally screwed over Harshlands, and have done diddly squat about it and refuse to talk about it.
    You may as well get rid of cross server nation wars all together. It can't happen the way the game sits now (ie different server times, unless you **** over more people and change the server times across all servers). Stop bringing it up, announce that it will never happen, forget about it and move on to other things in game that need to be addressed/fixed.

NGTUy53.png

• x2die4x
    x2die4x Posts: 2 Arc User
    X-nation war was so much fun!! Would love to see it re-implemented at a similar time as before!
  • ninjakitchenrulr
    ninjakitchenrulr Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Cross server NW should happen on Sunday at 8p CET? ( 11 am pst). I believe you would have to replace it with Sundays regular interserver nw

Edit: afterthought about the tw prizes. It sounds great to give runner ups a prize as a incentive but I think maybe the runner up prize should go to the runner up faction. Maybe just keep that third prize to one random faction.
  • blueimage
    blueimage Posts: 51 Perfect World Employee

Personally, I enjoy those new American-themed Skittles with the red, white, and blue packaging.

I mean, I'm not a dev, but I like bribes.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    blueimage wrote: »

Personally, I enjoy those new American-themed Skittles with the red, white, and blue packaging.

I mean, I'm not a dev, but I like bribes.

*Looks at employee status* Good enough for me at least!

Hmph. I should see if anyone can ship those to the PWE office-expect them! In return though...
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    Thank you @orinj this is the type of thing we all love to see, just enough info to kind of get us salivating.

personally, i think 4 months is a better time span. it gives more chance to smaller factions to get land and defend it. at least on TT server the big 2-3 factions leave the smaller factions to the parts of the map they inhabit so they can fight too (manners in PWI??? *amazed*). also its one less period where you all have to organize prizes and posts and whatnot (invariably TW season prizes always seem to encounter problems).

part of me knows its not feasible but maybe do 2 sets of XNW, the 2 most westerly servers and the two other servers? it would at least solve the timezone issue with 2 servers and make the timing a bit easier on the other 2 to work out. logistically i know its not gonna be doable or high up on the options but at least it was worth asking. i would love more options for NW, maybe use the sunday normal XNW timeslot alone and extend the event (probably not possible).

as a sidenote, maybe you werent aware or around but i find that now is a good time to bring up pvp rankings. on the old form of the pwi website (pwi.perfectworld.com, where charge rewards is still hosted) we had a pretty nice interface to look at pk rankings. that would be a nice item to bring up when you visit the devs in China and a nice gift that doesnt require codes and much drama to operate.
  • hakundo
    hakundo Posts: 33 Arc User
    Hi orinj,

while this all sounds great and looks like you guys have some awesome ideas about this all, is there any way to change TW time-slots? The Friday slot after 2 hour NW is just beyond horrible. First of all it's smack in the middle of the night for most of US and way too early in the morning for EURO, and nobody wants to TW after 2 hours of NW.

I know I'm not the only one grumbling at slots, please let me know if you guys have thought about this at all. Thanks!
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    part of me knows its not feasible but maybe do 2 sets of XNW, the 2 most westerly servers and the two other servers?
    As you surmised, this is also not possible. XNW requires four different servers to operate properly.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• kuglepen
    kuglepen Posts: 48 Arc User
    Nation Wars happens twice a week, I still think they should do one of following:
    1. One of the wars happens on european friendly time, other war happens on american friendly time, both being cross server wars.
    2. Only one of the wars are cross server, other is local war.
    3. Back to both being cross server, but the nations are mixed of players from any kind of server

All of them require re writing in some code, so none are gonna happen I guess, sad..

I would REALLY like to see the commander system gone though, if xNW are to come back.

• lilkitsu#4417
    lilkitsu#4417 Posts: 87 Arc User
    i think if you do decide to bring xNW back have that one day and leave one day for Regular NW. not everyone likes xNW
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    kuglepen wrote: »
    Nation Wars happens twice a week, I still think they should do one of following:
    1. One of the wars happens on european friendly time, other war happens on american friendly time, both being cross server wars.
    2. Only one of the wars are cross server, other is local war.
    3. Back to both being cross server, but the nations are mixed of players from any kind of server

All of them require re writing in some code, so none are gonna happen I guess, sad..

I would REALLY like to see the commander system gone though, if xNW are to come back.

1. its already been stated practically to death that XNW has to happen at the same exact time, because the event has the time hard-coded (another issue to bring up during the China visit), in order to 2 times they would have to host the event on say.... the CE server once and a west coast server the other time. that means 2 servers need to be configured to host the event, which may be logically impossible without changes to the code (again China)
    2. i think they intended to let us keep the 2 local ones and maybe do a third one as X-server.... which i think would be pretty awesome (also same constraint with the event timing)
    3. already stated impossible to mix server populations (again, China, also again... not logistically feasible due to cost and timeframe)
  • arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User
    part of me knows its not feasible but maybe do 2 sets of XNW, the 2 most westerly servers and the two other servers?
    As you surmised, this is also not possible. XNW requires four different servers to operate properly.

can we have server change stone or this is still not possible !! at least so those who cant attend normal NW or TW on their server due to timezone issue can move to a server fits them.
  • hogwarts123
    hogwarts123 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Thanks for the Update! Also @orinj, where did you come from and where can we order more of you?

• daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    @orinj
    This looks fantastic! O_O I love it​​
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • ufamea1
    ufamea1 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Might not be a bad idea to conduct a poll for suggested X-server NW time.. you'll at least, at minimum, get possible time slots that can be alternated; that's if you don't get a solid compromise (not likely). As for the day of the event... Sat seems to be the best bet, but hell, poll that too.
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    Can't u guys just find a way, how to introduce xNW, no matter how but stick it up our a.... like u always do with any other changes we dont like?
    Except that this one, we do like it