PWI unfair.

unwantedones
unwantedones Posts: 13 Arc User
edited July 2016 in General Discussion
it's been almost a year now. i've sent in a ticket regarding another player. and in return both my account's was taken away from me.
i've asked for proof of misconduct towards my accounts i have not gotten any, both sin and mystic. different accounts. and if there is or was (a) problem with 1 account, i dont know why both was taken away. instead my reply was that i have violated the ToS. note: i have never tried selling/buying accounts- account sharing nor any of the stuff you see people removed for today. yet still no proof was shown, just a simple. start another account. why must i do this? so it to can get taken away whenever pwi feel like it, without any proof of the matter that i did wrong?. i've paid and spent a good amount of cash on both toons, and to have them taken away like that upsets me some.. but then you have pwi releasing bought accounts back to the buyers. and you're like O.O really??. what's the logic behind all of this? why is the pwi system so unfair.

Comments

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    To be honest, I don't fully understand the situation.
    You've sent a ticket about another player doing exactly what?
    Also, I don't understand the last part either, this "but then you have pwi releasing bought accounts back to the buyers. and you're like O.O really??. what's the logic behind all of this?". What do you mean by that?

Disclose the full situation so we can understand.

Mr. Justice
  • unwantedones
    edited July 2016
    nbreaking wrote: »
    Also, I don't understand the last part either, this "but then you have pwi releasing bought accounts back to the buyers. and you're like O.O really??. what's the logic behind all of this?". What do you mean by that?

i'm trying to keep everything worded a certain way so mod's dont take it down. but this is what have happened, i reported someone for trying to sell their account. pwi took my ticket info said it was false info and ban my account, note the person even admitted it in screen shot. my account was ban for this. they said because of this i violated their ToS.
    they wont show me how exactly i violated this or wont explain how sending in a ticket to get someone removed, even though the ticket was 100% legit.
    and yes. a few people who bought accounts have had the account released onto them by pwi.

so they ban me for sending in a ticket, then say to remake another account, for it to be taken away without proof?
    something need's to be done by this. this needs to stop.
    gms not doing good investigation, they just ban people off the first thing that pops into their head.
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User

He cannot as personal account bans are not allowed to be discussed in the forums. I expect this to be closed really quick
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Well if you spent any money on it and can show bank statements ask pwi to reimburse you or open back your account or see if Dom can look into it i had my account accidently band they couldn't find a reason why when i told them how much money i spent and i had copys of it the guy on the phone had fix it was able to log back in a few hours later .

Except i didnt wait no year i was on the phone same day i saw the band thing send a ticket.

I think i just got lucky because the number i called was that customer service thing but there the dial the extension if you know the party you wish to speak with i randomly dialed a number cause i couldn't get ahold of customer service lol.

So i know some one there can unban accounts but i dont know about a year passed account might be wiped ?

I would just ask Dom mistakes do happen

I read and i think you can google it Pwi band accounts by mistake like a lot by accident but they did fix it when they saw there were a lot of complaints,

if you search the web there's a few time pwi was in the hot seat but that kinda thing doesn't happen that much no more new crew im guessing only thing bad these days is the code mailing thing and the broken events once in awhile or a broken npc
  • unwantedones
    do you mind inboxing me that number if you remember it?
  • unwantedones
    edited July 2016
    jadasia wrote: »

He cannot as personal account bans are not allowed to be discussed in the forums. I expect this to be closed really quick

lets be honest, they only made this a rule because they dont want when they mess up for other players of the community to know their faults.
    besides, i went around their little rule and worded the stuff that could get this taken down differently.
    i just want players to view how unfair they can be and also i want to know how i can go along getting help on this matter.
    all i am asking for is simple proof of my misconduct that violated their ToS. and if they cannot show me this. that means my account was taken away without reason. which makes it unfair.
  • unwantedones

lets be honest, they only made this a rule because they dont want when they mess up for other players of the community to know their faults.
    besides, i went around their little rule and worded the stuff that could get this taken down differently.
    i just want players to view how unfair they can be and also i want to know how i can go along getting help on this matter.
    all i am asking for is simple proof of my misconduct that violated their ToS. and if they cannot show me this. that means my account was taken away without reason. which makes it unfair.

correct me if i'm wrong, but as a paying customer and someone who spent money on this toon. isnt it breaking some law to ban me without giving me a reason why?
  • nbreaking
    edited July 2016

correct me if i'm wrong, but as a paying customer and someone who spent money on this toon. isnt it breaking some law to ban me without giving me a reason why?

Nope due to their ToS that states they own everything regarding your account, so, the account is technically not yours, it's theirs.
    The only time it would be illegal is if you charged let's say 5$ and the page said you were going to receive 5 gold for those 5$ yet you don't receive anything. That would be illegal. Once you charge those 5$ however and get the 5 gold, again, according to their ToS the 5 gold are their property and no longer yours.

Is it fair to be banned with no reason? Nope.
    Is it illegal? Nope.
    Is there anything you can do? Yes. Try speaking directly to Domino in PMs, explain the situation and he might be able to help you. He's a cool dude and I know for sure he'll at least try to help even if in the end it doesn't bring your account back.

If you are unable to speak to Domino, try making a complain here. Be polite, state what happened, state what you want and wait. PWE solved most of these cases on the BBB and they are generally willing to do so.

EDIT: BTW, I'm not saying PWE is an amazing company, but to my experience at least, when you have an issue and actually try talking to them in a polite and respectful manner they try to help. To this day, I have made around 10 tickets and only on 1 occasion I felt it was handled in a wrong way. Also, on the BBB they give PWE an A+ ranking from A+ to F which I guess is something (keep in mind, a service like steam for example is rated F on the BBB).

Mr. Justice
  • unwantedones
    edited July 2016

Nope due to their ToS that states they own everything regarding your account, so, the account is technically not yours, it's theirs.
    The only time it would be illegal is if you charged let's say 5$ and the page said you were going to receive 5 gold for those 5$ yet you don't receive anything. That would be illegal. Once you charge those 5$ however and get the 5 gold, again, according to their ToS the 5 gold are their property and no longer yours.

Is it illegal? Nope.
    Is there anything you can do? Yes. Try speaking directly to Domino in PMs, explain the situation and he might be able to help you. He's a cool dude and I know for sure he'll at least try to help even if in the end it doesn't bring your account back.

If you are unable to speak to Domino, try making a complain here. Be polite, state what happened, state what you want and wait. PWE solved most of these cases on the BBB and they are generally willing to do so.

EDIT: BTW, I'm not saying PWE is an amazing company, but to my experience at least, when you have an issue and actually try talking to them in a polite and respectful manner they try to help. To this day, I have made around 10 tickets and only on 1 occasion I felt it was handled in a wrong way. Also, on the BBB they give PWE an A+ ranking from A+ to F which I guess is something (keep in mind, a service like steam for example is rated F on the BBB).

yes i must agree, some of the gms are pretty cool and even though they sometimes cannot help with the situation they still try, and even that gives those who try for me a big thumbs up. but the ones that just repeat one thing over and over and it seems dont even read what you say, those are the ones that in my opinion should lose their jobs. lets be honest it isnt called customer service to just sit there and do nothing.

also how do i get a hold of Domino?
  • nbreaking
    edited July 2016

Is it illegal? Nope.

yes i must agree, some of the gms are pretty cool and even though they sometimes cannot help with the situation they still try, and even that gives those who try for me a big thumbs up. but the ones that just repeat one thing over and over and it seems dont even read what you say, those are the ones that in my opinion should lose their jobs. lets be honest it isnt called customer service to just sit there and do nothing.

also how do i get a hold of Domino?

From what I know, the Vanilla system is a bit... crappy, so, from what I know he has to be the one opening a conversation with you. We can try to do a bit of summoning by tagging him like this... We summon thee and thy hat, Skittles, to this thread, oh mighty, the one and only @thenamesdomino !!! xD If the summoning fails, a mod can pass him the word maybe. Another thing you can do is to ask him directly to open a private conversation with you on his forum wall here.

Mr. Justice
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    So you were being petty and mean by trying to get someone else banned for selling an account, something that has no real impact on yourself, and you ended up getting banned yourself? Sounds like karma to me. You got just what you deserved IMO.

• beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    perrion wrote: »
    So you were being petty and mean by trying to get someone else banned for selling an account, something that has no real impact on yourself, and you ended up getting banned yourself? Sounds like karma to me. You got just what you deserved IMO.

look who is the mean and petty now
    Officially selling/bying accounts or even the try to do that is bannable.
    Where is the problem if he does the right thing. People reporting other people for less, and without proofs.

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    Guess the Mods are on holiday.

This needs to be discussed with Support. Final say goes with them I am sorry to say. No one on the forums can do anything for you.

Thanks.​​
  • unwantedones
    beast21g wrote: »

Where is the problem if he does the right thing. People reporting other people for less, and without proofs.
    ty, i find it weird that people think reporting someone for doing wrong on game is a bad thing todo.
  • unwantedones
    heero200 wrote: »
    Guess the Mods are on holiday.

This needs to be discussed with Support. Final say goes with them I am sorry to say. No one on the forums can do anything for you.

Thanks.​​

yes i know. just wanted to share this.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Did someone summon me?
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    Did someone summon me?

tiger-16.gif​​
  • perrion

OP didn't "do the right thing" to be a hero. Tickets like this are often vindictive, the goal being to punish an enemy or someone that is better off.

While buying/selling accts is not allowed in PWI (it is supported in China btw), it's a victimless crime. There is no real reason to go out of one's way to submit a ticket to report some random other players that have nothing to do with you. OP was deliberately trying to **** someone over, possibly not for the first time, and maybe that's why he ended up with the ban.
  • unwantedones
    edited July 2016

OP didn't "do the right thing" to be a hero. Tickets like this are often vindictive, the goal being to punish an enemy or someone that is better off.

While buying/selling accts is not allowed in PWI (it is supported in China btw), it's a victimless crime. There is no real reason to go out of one's way to submit a ticket to report some random other players that have nothing to do with you. OP was deliberately trying to **** someone over, possibly not for the first time, and maybe that's why he ended up with the ban.

you used the right word "often" i cannot say on forum why i did it. but it was not because the person was "better off". but it's clear you're a know it all and know better than myself on what have happened, so i'll let you speak :) good day
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    i dont get it i never had this issue before like that and i think you went about it all wrong with the show me proof thing.

The way i go about is umm excuse me i think i was band by accident can you pleas un band me.

usealy they just unban you unless some one took a screen shot of you doing bad.

as for the number its pwi in san frans customer service department which is usealy the debit credit card etc but i think i accidentally got a dev or some one cause not only did they fix it but they knew things about the game.

I think it should be a 5 hour mandatory play a pwi game for all employees once a month so when i call they can say oh i know what your talking about lol

• jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User

No. The rule was made because there is not a damn thing any player can do about this. This is between you and support. Take it back there.
  • unwantedones
    edited July 2016

No. The rule was made because there is not a damn thing any player can do about this. This is between you and support. Take it back there.

freedom of speech, i am not insulting anyone nor am i painting anyone in a bad light. i just post tiny details of what happened. and tbh yes i did get a few good advice on the steps i could take. so this was not totally a bad idea. but you're right, nothing players can do.
  • omnitrixprince
    omnitrixprince Posts: 15 Arc User
    Mr. Krabs is in there!
  • perrion

BS. Tickets aren't allowed to be discussed for the sole reason that it would make PWI look bad. It would make a record of just how random and unknowledgeable most support replies are. It opens them up to further tickets when people see that others received different results from their tickets.

As far a players being unable to help, that's also wrong. There are plenty of cases where player input could clarify a situation or offer guidance.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    I was eyeballing this super hard not gonna lie. Only reason I hadn't outright slammed it was it hadn't gotten too heated. But unfortunately yes trying to circumvent bans by making new accounts to post about said bans isn't really a thing :( At least OP should have gotten enough responses on how to further escalate it if they hadn't gotten any idea how to previously. You have Domino's attention as well as a way to further escalate and resolve your case. So I'll go ahead and close up this little guy.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
This discussion has been closed.