Dear Domino and mod and devs

Options
laiwaisan
laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
We appreciate you even if there is a few hic ups all I would ask is you consider just from now on putting out codes arc only. I think I speak for many of us who hate seeing spam hate on forums mod does a good job keeping it down but new players find this stuff discouraging.

I realy hate to put this out there but any of you notice the same players that complain are the same people that are still playing lol I dont get that lol.

Oh and the who abuse code thing honestly I dont think any of us who play pwi regularly or is new cares if cheesy person gets more then one as long as all get it.

For example: mike chees two refine 10 orbs well thats good for mike im not going to care because I at least got one rather then a mishap in a mail meaning i get 0.

And only people that complain seem to me at least the people that are doing cheesy stuff like that oh i didnt get the e-mail etc etc.

See Mike not only cheesed 2 extra refine 10 orbs but now he wants you to put a code out to get 3 lol.

When all you had to do was put up 1 arc code which was what arc was made for like Noahs Arc several different games and promotions and codes to play those games am i right.

Just r\teach your e-mail promotions department to put arc codes up?

Any hoot that my gripe im sure ill get hated for this but i dont care lol just keep swimming just keep swimming.

Comments

• orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited June 2016
    Options
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    We appreciate you even if there is a few hic ups all I would ask is you consider just from now on putting out codes arc only.

Hey thanks for your feedback! We're actually working on this. Two of our guys are headed to the CN office next week to discuss expanding the Arc mail system so that it supports codes. Maybe I've said too much, but we share your concerns. We're taking steps to ensure faithful delivery while minimizing abuse. We appreciate your patience!

- O
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    Options
    @orinj

i know it may be too much to say, but i think actually getting to peep into the brainstorming and being able to offer input ( in a meaningful way) makes me want to play more. seeing employees poll us and pick our collective brains, imho, is a really good step to take to keep the community focused on the game. not sure exactly what form that can take but i can say that thread about the pvp server is alive and kicking with very good ideas.
  • orinj
    Options
    @orinj

i know it may be too much to say, but i think actually getting to peep into the brainstorming and being able to offer input ( in a meaningful way) makes me want to play more. seeing employees poll us and pick our collective brains, imho, is a really good step to take to keep the community focused on the game. not sure exactly what form that can take but i can say that thread about the pvp server is alive and kicking with very good ideas.

fist-bump.jpg
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Options
    orinj wrote: »
    We appreciate you even if there is a few hic ups all I would ask is you consider just from now on putting out codes arc only.

Hey thanks for your feedback! We're actually working on this. Two of our guys are headed to the CN office next week to discuss expanding the Arc mail system so that it supports codes. Maybe I've said too much, but we share your concerns. We're taking steps to ensure faithful delivery while minimizing abuse. We appreciate your patience!

- O

For years we have struggled with this issue, and maybe, just maybe, you guys finally get it!
    We don't get mad that you **** up (ok, a bit but not that much), it happens. What this community always wanted was transparency and we do understand you guys can't always do that but ignoring issues is not the solution.

Since domino has been around it has gotten better and these last few days, to be honest, have been amazing because you 2 have been, for once, fully transparent with us (in terms of the GM abuse thread, the codes on the email, and even now with this reply of yours) and this is what we crave. Nobody likes to be ignored and when you feel your voice isn't heard you distance yourself.

There have been features taken out and lots of **** ups in the past that actually, weren't that big of a deal, except they were completely ignored, and I think I speak for most here in this regard, but, it would be better having someone saying "This feature will simply not come back" or "we won't do this" than being ignored or simply get empty promises.

In short, orinj, these past few days have been good, I understand you're in a high position, but it would be awesome if you could keep dedicating, even if 10 minutes to our forums. Thanks for the info you've been providing.

Mr. Justice
  • joecisco
    joecisco Posts: 102 Arc User
    Options
    superfedee wrote: »
    @orinj is anything about update the game engine, or re-encode the client to support GPU and\or multithreading, being brought up to china next week? normal-46.gif
    I see this coming up a lot lately.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9964423-girl-power!-interview-with-the-ops-team!
    sylenthunder: When are they going to update the client engine to Angelica III like they stated they brought Archosaur Group dev's back in November of 2013 to do? Are the classes going to get skill graphic upgrades? This is something that was promised over two years ago when the original dev's were brought back in.

Kuni: The company has been under a lot of changes since then, so this will take longer to realize than we had originally thought.
    so sooooooonnnnnn.......™

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9975723-girl-power!-interviews-with-the-product-team!
    sylenthunder: When are they going to update the client engine to Angelica III like they stated they brought Archosaur Group dev's back in November of 2013 to do? Are the classes going to get skill graphic upgrades? This is something that was promised over two years ago when the original dev's were brought back in.

Mintsummer: A lot of things happened during those 2 years. We still want to update the game engine and graphics. And we are looking at something else besides Angelica. ;)

So basically, I wouldn't hold your breath.​​
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »
    There have been features taken out and lots of **** ups in the past that actually, weren't that big of a deal, except they were completely ignored, and I think I speak for most here in this regard, but, it would be better having someone saying "This feature will simply not come back" or "we won't do this" than being ignored or simply get empty promises.

PQ 3 issue, may you ever rest in peace eZzRb8y.png. For now, let's focus on current issues, and come back to other issues once the bandwagon starts moving.​​
  • orinj
    Options
    @orinj is anything about update the game engine, or re-encode the client to support GPU and\or multithreading, being brought up to china next week? normal-46.gif​​

I haven't heard anything about this, but I will ask.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    orinj wrote: »
    @orinj is anything about update the game engine, or re-encode the client to support GPU and\or multithreading, being brought up to china next week? normal-46.gif

I haven't heard anything about this, but I will ask.

thank you very much!

it's a common issue for pretty much all the players, newer systems are very GPU based and the CPUs have like 4 to 6 cores....

PWI currently doesnt utilize GPU (at a point shadowplay doesnt find anything to record from the GPU), and PWI uses only 1 core of the CPU causing insane bad performances despite the graphycs far from being as good as latest videgame titles (and its ok PWI is a classic title)

i believe CH devs should spend that day or two to re-encode current "angelica" engine to support multithreading, or even better just move PWI on Swordsman's game engine​​

>Spend that day or two
    >To game from one engine to the other in a game that's already huge
    Yeah, let's do it in a day or 2, lol.

They've said they would do it like 2-3 years ago, so I agree they should step it up and finally get to it, but 2 days is a bit of a ridiculous expectation as well
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    Heh how come Orinj gets to post the fancy pants fist bump pics but not me? :P

On topic- Hopefully if they integrate it inside Arc it'll make for less abuse.

@jabq Bugs are definitely being looked at though, especially if they're being posted in the Quality Corner forums. There is an existing thread there I think and I can always see if I can send a poke their way about that one.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • jabq
    Options
    @arspaulina#4310 thanks, the threads in the quality corner regarding pq 3 are mostly started by me. We never got a response on the issue (beside the initial response "we are looking into it"). People assumed the new broken "take quest at each stage and reach npc within 30 seconds" is the new fix to pq 3. I just hope when the engine upgrade comes out, most of the bugs in the game that have been around for 3~9 years also get addressed and are not ignored like they always do with each new content update. I believe @sylenthunder and @heero200 have a few threads (from what i recall, other users have also posted similar threads over the years) with an extensive list of bugs that game has had from inception until now that need to be fixed. PQ 3 is irrelevant when compared to getting those bugs fixed tiger-2.gif. Those are more important things to fix.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    @jabq I was starting a list of bugs and Problems... BUT I was asking for the Community help. The thread got a few replys and died a horrible death. I was also going to put it in order that players wanted Fixes.

Never happened.... because their was little to no interest.

PQ3 ETC however I believe was broken for the reason of boting in PWCN This is something @orinj that was again never transparent or we ever had any feedback on. A simple sorry this will not be fixed due to this or that. Exactly what had NOT been done lately and look at the state of how that was done!​​
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    I haven't notice bugs of late because to many dailies to do its been awhile sense i played the story line but i did remember some quests being broken because the npc or special mob gone kinda thing.
  • nbreaking
    Options
    I haven't notice bugs of late because to many dailies to do its been awhile sense i played the story line but i did remember some quests being broken because the npc or special mob gone kinda thing.

There's 1 quest that bothers me... It really, really bothers me... been broken for so long and it's the only quest on my "Side Quests" list and that is "The Circlet". The quest requires you to find something in FB109 which no longer exists.

I don't have OCD or something and yet, seeing that single quest there bothers me beyond belief xD

About PQ3, from what I have heard they broke it intentionally so that you can't farm it with a million alts, you only have 1 minute to take the reward at the end, that way you are not able to pick the rewards on multiple toons (you can barely get it on 1 toon sometimes :|)

About the new engine, yes, it would make the game better but to be honest, even though this keeps being promised, I don't think it will ever happen, but who knows? Also, if it does happen anytime soon, I personally will have to quit for quite a bit... My PC is pretty old and it has an integrated GPU, it will simply not run PWI (this **** can't even run a PS2 emulator :| ), however, if it comes in a couple of months/years i will be ok since i will have built my own PC by then. My point is, idk how many more people have old PCs too, hope it doesn't force a lot of people to quit.

Inb4 "but the new engine would make the game so much better!!" yes, I know, and I support the idea of a new engine. Would fix quite a lot and make the game more "flowy" and most likely bring new people into the game but just trying to tell you that we'll lose people aswell unfortunately.

Mr. Justice
  • heerohex#3018
    edited July 2016
    Options

There's 1 quest that bothers me... It really, really bothers me... been broken for so long and it's the only quest on my "Side Quests" list and that is "The Circlet". The quest requires you to find something in FB109 which no longer exists.

FB 109 does not exist in this Version.

Really they did not Finnish the game and hard caped tho Lv 105. Really does not make sense when the game is to lV 150. they could have expanded to this at a later date. This is the reason we have the Rebirth tho. All REFs should be removed to this.

Search Quality corner and if its not been logged do it.​​
  • joecisco
    Options
    The 109 maps are currently used for Warsong and Nirvana IIRC.

Originally the level cap was 150, and the land was planned to be about 4x larger than it currently is.​​
  • nbreaking
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »

Really they did not Finnish the game and hard caped tho Lv 105. Really does not make sense when the game is to lV 150. they could have expanded to this at a later date. This is the reason we have the Rebirth tho. All REFs should be removed to this.

Search Quality corner and if its not been logged do it.​​

Ups, my bad on the grammar, i meant *which doesn't exist*.

Mr. Justice
  • jabq
    Options
    Just a side thought, if levels were increased to 150, would boss fights not be broken? Currently bosses are mean to most people due to damage reduction. People with low gear, bad refine should be able to tank bosses at level 150, which they get one shot from at present. Or will the mechanics applied to bosses be different if players had reached the previous level 150? Or is that all speculation at this point?​​
  • nbreaking
    Options
    jabq wrote: »
    Just a side thought, if levels were increased to 150, would boss fights not be broken? Currently bosses are mean to most people due to damage reduction. People with low gear, bad refine should be able to tank bosses at level 150, which they get one shot from at present. Or will the mechanics applied to bosses be different if players had reached the previous level 150? Or is that all speculation at this point?​​

IF we could reach 150 I think they would just make all ? bosses lvl 200 instead of the current 150 so everything stays the same.
    If they didn't you'd have a lot of problems, from sins being able to stealth everywhere including cube and avoid literally anything except hands to bosses being easily killed (even easier than now) because there's no dmg reduction from lvl difference.

Lvl 150 would be insane though, that's 225 more stat points which would put my sin for example way over 1000 dexterity and 94% crit :| + all evasion and acc that comes with it. HA would be "nerfed" since str is not the greatest stat (unless they sacrifice damage for crit by putting these extra 225 points into dex but idk how i feel about that) and counts for the multiplier every 200 just like dex, however AA would get a huge boost since every 150 mag points they get the multiplier.

With all the gear we currently have I already think it's pretty insane what certain characters can achieve... if cap was 150... well.. GG xD

Mr. Justice
  • heerohex#3018
    edited July 2016
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »

Search Quality corner and if its not been logged do it.

Ups, my bad on the grammar, i meant *which doesn't exist*.

sadly yes FB109 was programed and are in the game.

But we know them as Nirvana / Warsong but a bit of work has been done to them to make usable so they are not exactly set to the design. What I mean by this is they have used the rooms. PWCN have access to these instances as the original design as far as im know.

Sad really. you would they would finish it first.​​
  • joecisco
    Options
    jabq wrote: »
    Just a side thought, if levels were increased to 150, would boss fights not be broken? Currently bosses are mean to most people due to damage reduction. People with low gear, bad refine should be able to tank bosses at level 150, which they get one shot from at present. Or will the mechanics applied to bosses be different if players had reached the previous level 150? Or is that all speculation at this point?
    They can't be increased past 105 because Wanmei used all the points for 100-105, and the tables cannot go higher in number. That's why we got rebirth instead of more levels. That's also why it takes soooo damn long to raise the levels after 100. Because when you're leveling to 105, you are actually having to get the exp you would need to level to 150.​​
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    i do not want to see that day took forever to get to 103 -150 im faint