If you did not receive your code yet...

Options
thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
edited June 2016 in General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

Earlier this morning we sent a batch of codes out to active and inactive players with a special code. There was a small hiccup on the backend and a few emails were not sent out. If you believe this has happened to you, please contact customer support at https://support.arcgames.com/app/home and they will be able to sort you out. They are currently getting an influx of tickets right now, so when you contact them, have a little patience and they will get to you.

In addition, please make sure you submit a ticket, and not try to resolve the matter via live chat.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience in this matter.

- The PWI Crew
Post edited by thenamesdomino on

Comments

• jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    Was this code for 100 free event gold + 2 maiden chests?​​
  • thenamesdomino
    Options
    Two 100 Event Gold Tickets and two Maiden Kissed Chests.
  • ohbabeh#5845
    ohbabeh#5845 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    I sent in ticket and the GM said I was opted out for newsletters and do not qualify. Is this true?
  • denisanapop#4994
    denisanapop#4994 Posts: 7 New User
    Options
    Quoting: you only sent codes to the accounts that on 13th of May received *Special Promotions and Developer Events!* mail for the code of: "FREE Reawakening II Level 100 gift box including LV 95 gold gear!". Even if after that people went to Settings and chose to receive "Allow us to send occasional newsletters and updates to your registered email address.", you have done nothing about it.
  • denisanapop#4994
    edited June 2016
    Options
    THIS TIME i had all my accounts checked to receive newsletter, and i still received the code on the same few chars of the 13th of May instead of on all of them.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @thenamesdomino I'd like to make a suggestion. As you said yourself, this time EVERYONE should have a code, but there was a problem sending them and not everyone got it which is understandable. My suggestion is, when you have a code that is supposed to be for everyone, please just make it a global code and not account bound. We still can't redeem it more than once and that way everyone gets it for sure.

Thanks for this gift btw ^^

Mr. Justice
  • denisanapop#4994
    edited June 2016
    Options
    how do you explain that the only people who received the code are the ones that had checked their accounts to pwi newsletters prior to 13th of May?
  • akia7
    akia7 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    How do I turn on newsletters. Have been told it is thru settings but I don't see it
  • denisanapop#4994
    Options
    My Account => Settings => Language preferences => "Allow us to send occasional newsletters and updates to your registered email address" at the bottom of the page
  • thenamesdomino
    Options
    how do you explain that the only people who received the code are the ones that had checked their accounts to pwi newsletters prior to 13th of May?

This is an entirely different promotion from the re-awakening fiasco. Players post and prior May 13th were sent emails with codes attached.

• denisanapop#4994
    Options
    Different promotion with the -same- fiasco. No, players didn't receive codes post May 13th, otherwise, how can you explain this fiasco? Many players checked their pwi newsletters post May 13th and got nothing. Your comment should start with: "Some players post and prior...."
  • nbreaking
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Earlier this morning we sent a batch of codes out to active and inactive players with a special code. There was a small hiccup on the backend and a few emails were not sent out. If you believe this has happened to you, please contact customer support at https://support.arcgames.com/app/home and they will be able to sort you out. They are currently getting an influx of tickets right now, so when you contact them, have a little patience and they will get to you.

In addition, please make sure you submit a ticket, and not try to resolve the matter via live chat.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience in this matter.

- The PWI Crew
    Different promotion with the -same- fiasco. No, players didn't receive codes post May 13th, otherwise, how can you explain this fiasco? Many players checked their pwi newsletters post May 13th and got nothing. Your comment should start with: "Some players post and prior...."

I seriously hope we don't get anything more from PWE. Everytime there is a freebie people complain.
    He admitted there's an error and asked people to send a ticket if they didn't get it, is that too hard for you to do? You can't click the support button and submit a ticket saying you didn't get a code?

Damn, clicking a few buttons must be extremely exhausting right? The internet, servers, PCs, etc are not magical, there's bound to be errors and things happen, stop QQing and appreciate it instead. Now go submit a ticket like everyone else <.<

Mr. Justice
  • prella
    prella Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    I wish they should jsut sent the code through Arcgame mail account instead of email... Even if our email is registered and have the "check button to get email from pwi"... I myself have not gotten any email from pwi at all besides other game newsletter.
  • nbreaking
    Options
    prella wrote: »
    I wish they should jsut sent the code through Arcgame mail account instead of email... Even if our email is registered and have the "check button to get email from pwi"... I myself have not gotten any email from pwi at all besides other game newsletter.

That would actually be a good idea :open_mouth:

Mr. Justice
  • sedskdfjkhsdf
    sedskdfjkhsdf Posts: 14 Arc User
    Options

This is an entirely different promotion from the re-awakening fiasco. Players post and prior May 13th were sent emails with codes attached.

It looks like the exact same problem to me...my accounts that got the reawakening 2 email got this latest event gold email too...but my other two accounts which did NOT get the reawakening 2 email also did NOT get this email.

In my last support ticket on this matter regarding the reawakening 2 code I was told that I would be sent further offers in the future...sure does not seem like it to me. Your email sending system is broken and only sends to certain accounts and not others...it needs to be fixed before you use the email system for sending any future codes/giveaways.

• koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    Options
    I've had my box checked since Arc existed, and even before that since my account existed in 2009 if that matters. I never get sent anything despite my email being on file correctly. I just accept it, how would a ticket solve it this time when the problem has been years long?
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    Options
    I've had my box checked since Arc existed, and even before that since my account existed in 2009 if that matters. I never get sent anything despite my email being on file correctly. I just accept it, how would a ticket solve it this time when the problem has been years long?

Sending the ticket will get you the items. Took them about 5 hours to give me my code which is quite fast considering how slow the support usually is. :D
  • denisanapop#4994
    Options
    nbreaking, yes, i complain because pwi does a poor job and every time they send codes through pwi newsletters they create "fiasco". Yes, i sent ticket now and post 13th even though i had checked to receive newsletters. I do not care much about 200 event golds as i already have thousands of event golds from prior events. I complain in the name of everyone who even though has done everything correctly as support told them through mails/forum, they still have not received anything and the reply was flawless. And that, my friend, is a big disappointment from pwi staff. I admire thenamesdomino's work to defend pwi's failures and your work, nbreaking, in telling me what i should do. Many players ingame have newsletters checked and they shouldnt send tickets to pwi support each time a code shows up due to their "hiccup on the backend" because it's not their mistake. If pwi staff did their job properly, every player would be content, don't you think?
  • nene#6448
    Options
    nbreaking, yes, i complain because pwi does a poor job and every time they send codes through pwi newsletters they create "fiasco". Yes, i sent ticket now and post 13th even though i had checked to receive newsletters. I do not care much about 200 event golds as i already have thousands of event golds from prior events. I complain in the name of everyone who even though has done everything correctly as support told them through mails/forum, they still have not received anything and the reply was flawless. And that, my friend, is a big disappointment from pwi staff. I admire thenamesdomino's work to defend pwi's failures and your work, nbreaking, in telling me what i should do. Many players ingame have newsletters checked and they shouldnt send tickets to pwi support each time a code shows up due to their "hiccup on the backend" because it's not their mistake. If pwi staff did their job properly, every player would be content, don't you think?

And sadly some people get a response that just says "you didnt fill the requirements" or "we cant help you with this" while some people get the items from support.
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options
    I think people complain about this is because after so many of the SAME errors from PWI, they get tired of it and of having to work themselves to get the offered goods. Sure, it's just a few clicks and a few written words, but after so many times, it gets tiring and repetitive and very frustrating. I myself are tempted to just not send in any ticket...

@thenamesdomino
    I think the suggestion of making a single public code for a promotion meant for everyone is the best way to go. It would solve the issue of people not getting mails despite having checked the "receive mails from PWI" option. It's easy and quick to the point, without too much fussing from both sides.
  • thefoxxie
    thefoxxie Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    prella wrote: »

I kinda agree to this idea also, since im pretty sure that everyone probably have an account through Arcgame unless they are using different system to login pwi. I also didnt get any email from pwi.. not even other news from pwi at the least.. though, ive gottene mail from Forsaken World, Neverwinter, Gigantic or something and other game that I didnt even play lol.
  • thefoxxie
    thefoxxie Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

- The PWI Crew

forgive me for asking but when we send a ticket what is this going to be under on inquiry? .. is it Game Issue / Technical Issue / Account Inquiry? thanks
  • nene#6448
    Options
    thefoxxie wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

- The PWI Crew

forgive me for asking but when we send a ticket what is this going to be under on inquiry? .. is it Game Issue / Technical Issue / Account Inquiry? thanks

I put it under game issues and then missing item.
  • tidustheswordwarrior
    tidustheswordwarrior Posts: 50 Arc User
    Options
    why should we have to put a ticket in every stinkin time when a code being sent out to emails fails? codes should be made public period. plus how many players have not used their emails for pwi since the beginning except to make accounts and leave em. if the emails are going to cause this much hassle and fiasco id almost rather forget bout any freebies from now on.

• nbreaking
    Options
    why should we have to put a ticket in every stinkin time when a code being sent out to emails fails? codes should be made public period. plus how many players have not used their emails for pwi since the beginning except to make accounts and leave em. if the emails are going to cause this much hassle and fiasco id almost rather forget bout any freebies from now on.

Then do that :open_mouth: No more freebies for you :3 The rest of us will enjoy them, thanks PWE ^^

Mr. Justice
  • tidustheswordwarrior
    tidustheswordwarrior Posts: 50 Arc User
    Options
    everytime they do an email code, one or both of my emails dont get it plus its already listed on pws list so why dont they just fix the item send tool or make the code 1 per acc so it doesnt get exploited. theres also been nothing done to fix the 10 star orb fiasco we had like a yr or two ago. so why bother putting codes out if theres going to be nothing done prior to prevent exploitation

• noobynoobydoo
    noobynoobydoo Posts: 219 Arc User
    Options

erm what? there was a code I missed in may too??????
    Clearly I cant keep up with the sheer amount of codes that are missed and should have been in my email for witch there is none, quite annoying I would have to physically watch for it on a day to day basis as I dont play every day.
    Then would have to submit a ticket *facepalm*
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    The email codes have NEVER worked properly(remember the anni fiasko a few years back). Why is it so hard to learn from your mistakes?
    Do you really want thousends of tickets each time? Dont you have anything better to do?
    MAKE A PUBLIC CODE , which would save you a lot of trouble........
  • skyavy#1474
    skyavy#1474 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    it would be nice if they found another way of sending individual codes in case they won't be able to fix the problem with pwi newsletter. I personally prefer receiving them in the inbox of Arc account. It would be easier and faster as (some) players log in on Arc more often than on their emails.
  • o0tempest0o
    o0tempest0o Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    So one of my factionmates got a reply from support about this. they never got the code in their email and instead were giving a 30 day TIMED fashion as compensation. i really hope thats not all i get for submitting a ticket as i havent gotten it either. 30 day timed fash, is not the same as 200 event gold which you can buy 4-5 cheap event sets that are permanent.