That fashion prices thread again...

chary
chary Posts: 850 Arc User
17.5 gold for perma wep fash. rly. Beyond the fact that wep fash really shouldn't be timed in the first place, that's literally about the price of an entire fash set with multiple pieces straight new from the boutique. -______-​​

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I suppose when you buy those timed fashion weapons once in a while, they will eventually add up. Not wanting to lose that profit, they thought permanent ones should be somewhat expensive.

That's still... too expensive, though. I'd rather just by an enitire fashion set.

When I was thinking of permanent fashion weapons, I'd have imagined they would range between 6 to 10 gold, depending on size or the complexity of the design.
  • chary
    I don't even buy timed wep fash unless someone firesales a brand new one in wc for like half price.​​
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    i feel that the group that sets these prices understands most people wont buy anything unless its on sale and price their items to reflect that we only buy them on sale.
  • elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    They could have made it a bit less stupidly overpriced. But I guess in my case, with the amount I spend on buying weap fash every month, it eventually will add up and getting a perma one is cheaper.
    Besides the emote is cute :c​​
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    elyora2 wrote: »
    They could have made it a bit less stupidly overpriced. But I guess in my case, with the amount I spend on buying weap fash every month, it eventually will add up and getting a perma one is cheaper.
    Besides the emote is cute :c​​

Pretty much, I don't think it's that expensive due to the fact that the timed one is 3 gold for 30 days, which means that if you're one of those people that always buys it, in 1 year you're spending 36 gold just to have them. Now, for half that price you can get one that will last forever and if one day you get tired of it you can even sell it to someone else.

Is it expensive? Yes and no. Yes because it's 17.5 gold, but then again 3 gold for a timed piece of fash was already expensive. No because compared to the timed one this is super cheap.

Mr. Justice
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    And if you want to look at it this way, most of the time, weapon fashions don't necessarily correspond to an actual set of fashion, therefore, it's a set of fashion all to itself.
  • lestaroth
    lestaroth Posts: 77 Arc User
    They finally responded to one of our wishes, even if the price is really steep. I wonder if they will set permanent versions for every weapon fashion and rotate them over time. I think it would be a great idea.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Hey guys if you like the idea but you are kinda ehhh about the price, post a range of what you'd feasibly like to pay. Keep in mind you do get a specific emote with it and animated fashes on fems for example are in a certain price range already. So maybe shoot for something within those parameters? I really love the idea of perm weapon fashes though, since I'd be more inclined to purchase one. What is everyone elses preferred price range?
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • chary
    Somewhere in the ballpark of 5-8g. I don't really care about the emotes.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    OUTCH!

feel like im buying Top Brand Fash...

Well hopefully if something interesting comes along Ill have a look at it.

Sadly Pricing makes sense to me I can see these going in Packs next... Dam don't let the Devs read that...​​
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    Hey guys if you like the idea but you are kinda ehhh about the price, post a range of what you'd feasibly like to pay. Keep in mind you do get a specific emote with it and animated fashes on fems for example are in a certain price range already. So maybe shoot for something within those parameters? I really love the idea of perm weapon fashes though, since I'd be more inclined to purchase one. What is everyone elses preferred price range?

Doesnt 30 day weapon fash give u a "specific emote" too? :o and I agree with @chary , 5-10g is good but 17.5g is just too much for my taste.
  • catgirldesu
    edited July 2016
    I'd pay 6-10 gold for a permanent fashion weapon. The price depending on the size and complexity of the design.

I understand why they wanted to put a high price since they are permanent, but I find it a little too much when you can buy an entire fashion set for the same price or less. And I'd argue a fashion set offers a lot more than a fashion weapon.
    ​​
  • lestaroth
    lestaroth Posts: 77 Arc User
    I would have said 6 to 10 too. 7.5 on average would seem fair to me.
  • o0tempest0o
    o0tempest0o Posts: 7 Arc User
    i haven't bought any fashion weapons since they took out my favorites. i miss my shovel qq they might actually sell a couple if they remade some of the olderones to be permanant instead of making all new ones.
  • arspaulina#4310
    edited July 2016
    So it totally slipped my mind to bring this thread back up near the top to gather all the price ranges up (busy weekend!)

catgirldesu - 6-10g "I'd pay 6-10 gold for a permanent fashion weapon. The price depending on the size and complexity of the design."
    chary - 5-8g "Somewhere in the ballpark of 5-8g. I don't really care about the emotes.​​"
    nene - 5-10g "[...]I agree with chary , 5-10g is good but 17.5g is just too much for my taste."
    lestaroth - 6-10g "I would have said 6 to 10 too. 7.5 on average would seem fair to me."

If I missed anybody/want me to adjust quotes let me know know OR if anyone else would like to drop imput also, drop a line here.

EDIT : fixed nene's price range.
    Post edited by arspaulina#4310 on
  • nene#6448
    nene#6448 Posts: 226 Arc User
    So it totally slipped my mind to bring this thread back up near the top to gather all the price ranges up (busy weekend!)

catgirldesu - 6-10g "I'd pay 6-10 gold for a permanent fashion weapon. The price depending on the size and complexity of the design."
    chary - 5-8g "Somewhere in the ballpark of 5-8g. I don't really care about the emotes.​​"
    nene - 5-8g "[...]I agree with chary , 5-10g is good but 17.5g is just too much for my taste."
    lestaroth - 6-10g "I would have said 6 to 10 too. 7.5 on average would seem fair to me."

If I missed anybody/want me to adjust quotes let me know know OR if anyone else would like to drop imput also, drop a line here.

I put 5-10g not 5-8g :P
  • catgirldesu
    If they don't want to change the prices, they could do the following: re-introduce old fashion weapons as permanent and give them a price range of 6-10 gold.

They are old fashion weapons so I think a lower price makes sense. We've had flyers and fashion pieces get a lower price over time.
    ​​
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I would definitely pay 10g for some of the fashion weps, they're really nice, plus I hate wands. Would really love a sword like my wizard used.

I'm tempted to buy them at 17.5, but held off. Even a drop to like 12.5g would make me pull the trigger.
  • arspaulina#4310
    nene#6448 wrote: »

nene - 5-8g "[...]I agree with chary , 5-10g is good but 17.5g is just too much for my taste."

I put 5-10g not 5-8g :P

Whoops! Fixing now :P
  • raidsreign
    raidsreign Posts: 27 Arc User
    I think the price is fine when you look at what timed fashion sells for, its half of what a years worth of that is. The real problem is its some of the dumbest weapons fashion so far lol
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    raidsreign wrote: »
    I think the price is fine when you look at what timed fashion sells for, its half of what a years worth of that is. The real problem is its some of the dumbest weapons fashion so far lol

Lol yeah. I remember someone saying "So people are paying actual money to hold a swan on a stick" and found it hilarious xD.

There's a few that might be worth 17.5G if they introduced perma versions though.