I'm moving to China, does pwi work in China?

Options
missinin17
missinin17 Posts: 38 Arc User
Hello,

I am planning to move to China permanately. Will PWI work in China or is this the end for me?

Comments

• denisanapop#4994
    denisanapop#4994 Posts: 7 New User
    Options
    i may be wrong, but i'll say my thought. Your IP will change, so first time you log Arc of each account you have, Arc will ask for the PIN code which you'll receive in your email. For as long as you have/remember your email's info, that's ok. You get the PIN code, type it in Arc and keep playing. If you don't remember your email's info, then no PIN code, no game.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Unfortunately China is on our list of banned region IP's. The reason for this is because thats the region of the home office. You'll have to create a new character and account with wanmei
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Options
    I think PWI is blocked in china? So you can't play your current characters. You gonna have to start playing PWCN if you wish to continue.
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    Options
    If it's a permanent move there, you could consider bracing the peril and using a vpn and try to run it from China, although you might get banned. If you're not willing to take the risk, give the account to someone to enjoy it.
    DeffyNature
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    cococya wrote: »
    If it's a permanent move there, you could consider bracing the peril and using a vpn and try to run it from China, although you might get banned. If you're not willing to take the risk, give the account to someone to enjoy it.

If you do either of those things you might get banned.

• dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    Options
    cococya wrote: »

If you do either of those things you might get banned.

MIGHT or WILL? lol~!

every comment besides domino's is basically telling the company to pay attention to your account, so just keep in mind when you are in china you will have to play on china's servers which are different than ours.
  • lestaroth
    lestaroth Posts: 77 Arc User
    Options
    You shouldn't risk getting your account banned. I suggest you set a password on both bank and mailbox and secure all so you got everything back when you return. But yes, it seems that you'll have to put all of your progress here on hiatus and start over there in PWCN.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Take it from someone who lives in asia, it works on VERY old accounts, like mine was made about march 2009 (the 2008 players I guess wont consider this old haha) but my alt that was made winter 2009 I cant log or its IP banned my advice to you is to first log pwi through the website NOT the game client it will tell you if your account can or cant be logged in the region so when I contacted support they said certain old accounts don't have those limit restrictions. This is how I learned which alts worked in my region and which didnt w.o banning accounts and asking pwi to unban them hope this helped
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    Proxies = instant ban when you start the game. Haven't tried with vpn, the proxy was a good enough scare last time. Forgot to turn off hotshield, uninstalled it afterwards onion-15.gif.​​
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Options
    jabq wrote: »
    Proxies = instant ban when you start the game. Haven't tried with vpn, the proxy was a good enough scare last time. Forgot to turn off hotshield, uninstalled it afterwards onion-15.gif.​​

I've forgotten to turn off my VPN connection in more than one occasion and didn't get banned, however a faction member some time ago used a VPN aswell and got banned for it. I guess it depends on what VPN server you use or what VPN software or maybe, just maybe, it's completely random and someone just saw his logs and not mine, so, idk.

Mr. Justice
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    Their is a bot on the server that checks for this. Their are always ways around things. But one slight move is all.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    depends if it isa public vpn or paied from a company that provides vpn services for gaming