Any Interest in a no-holds barred, PVP server? + Which events do you like? + Custom pet or mount?

Comments

• zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    This PvP server vs PvE server discussion will lead to nowhere.

@orinj when you talk to devs, see if they can come up with a solution in which the events that require pk mode enabled (like RW and Sarokkan) only work for characters with pk mode active so they can't be exploited. This is the start to erradicate most of the whining around here. Not making a new server, althought a cross-server pvp area is an excellent idea. We had xNW, but that went downhill because of unbalance. Now our only hope is pray for a nice fight during xTW (which sadly doesn't happen often) and the cross server tournament (Soon).
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • motoor
    motoor Posts: 178 Arc User
    U guys better STFU with server died because of pvp..u wana know why ppl quited?..Because of pwi doing craps,GM abuses,stuff stupidity like Orb fiasco when some ppl did +11 on gear with them and pqi wasnt capable to remove there refine..Ppl quited because of GMs giving stuffs to certain ppl like Nuema portal Set and S sets and other items...so better stop commenting about pvp..if u wana pve so bad go play NFS because pwi was made to be PVP.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Then go and do pvp. Who is holding you back? Are you forced to be blue and you cant pvp? There are plenty white people out there you can pvp with. Stop whining about pvp server and actualy do some pvp, because you can do it even on a pve server.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I'm not sure why some people try to disprove other people's experiences. It's pretty natural that different players have experienced different things in the game.

And I agree with @zentfamily here. Most arguments in the PvP vs. PvE server discussion are pretty ridiculous, and won't lead anywhere. Agree to disagree and accept that different players want to play this game in different ways.

On another note, thank you @arspaulina#4310 for working on a compilation post. That is rather useful!
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    superfedee wrote: »
    just revert Da and Tw into PvP-mode and leave the other ones PvE they are bad anyways​​

Revert implies they were pvp to start with. Remember when the two European servers merged and they were given a choice whether to be pvp or pve? Guess what they voted for?

I'm all for pkers to have a place of their own, but please stop pretending the majority of people would be happy with permanent pk-servers.
  • raidsreign
    raidsreign Posts: 27 Arc User
    Most ppl who dont want to pk will say they dont want to be stuck in pk for 10hrs or they are affraid to lose something. Reduce the timer from 10hrs to 1 or 2 hrs and eliminate the dropping of items if killed in pk, see if that will make ppl want to pvp more
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    ugh not this debate again.

qontrol and one other actually had the best suggestion since the first page. instead of a separate server, have one server space with 24/7 whitename and normalized gears. there is another competing game that uses this idea as well (that i cant name but it is very similar to our weekly pvp "territory Wars" event in name, just add a 2 to it). I say copy the characters from their home server but load them into the pvp space naked with no inventory, just exp and spirit and meridian/rb/neuma (no starcharts or coins). then provide gears and shards/refines (with some sort of choice, so maybe make them free at the npcs) so the gear can be customized.

a big part of ppl not wanting open pvp is money. now some ppl from pvp servers claim they dont experience that problem but there is no guarantee or system available that would prevent camping and hounding of lower-geared ppl by maxed ppl. that is why this universal pvp server space provides such a good solution. ppl can enter and practice pvp which benefits Tw factions, more ppl will be pvp'ing which also benefits the pvp junkies and brings the point of pvp BACK TO SKILL OVER CASH.

as for the second part to your post, i would say mount over pet. i find i dont even summon my pets much and they arent used more than mounts are.

sidenote: i am enthused that you are going to visit China to meet the devs and hopefully set some projects in motion. i strongly think you should try to work with domino to compile some talking points and in doing so i strongly advise you to maybe allow the playerbase to submit ideas ( i know you and your team probably have something based on forum subjects already) maybe to help brainstorm.

i would suggest maybe have the land-owning factions on each server compile some suggestions in short form and submit them to the GM's then you can comb through them for ideas. i only say to limit it to land-owning factions, because sifting through EVERYONE'S idea is tedious, and TW factions i would say have the most active and involved players. we could also word and frame these ideas in a more structured fashion, maybe some minor but important point was lost in translation in all the forum fights that occur.
  • dagoddominator
    oh yeah i almost forgot!!!! daily events should be TWICE daily to accomodate timezones. a major difference between China and international is the spread of timezones, dailies that trigger once daily should be offered at opposing ends of the clock, yet the quests are still only able to complete once in 24 hours.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    1. Do not bring back the Sweet Remembrance event ever.
    2. CoA hasn't been pvp-enabled in years, not since they redid it the first time, and that's regardless of pvp/pve server. It is intentional. Some of y'all, I swear...
    3. PVP/PVE server arguing is pointless at this point. Yes, I'd like them to turn every **** server pvp, but it won't happen so next best thing is either making a normalized gear server (not bloody likely) or making a pvp area in the cross server space for everyone (more likely). Needless to say, if the latter happens, you switch the cross server to pvp and yes that means you will need to wait out the 10 hour timer upon coming back to normal servers if you were blue name. It won't kill you.
    4. Do not make daily events twice.​​
  • dudai
    dudai Posts: 12 Arc User
    Why do you need rrr9 for pve?
  • dudai
    dudai Posts: 12 Arc User
    I would like pwi make all server to pvp
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    dudai wrote: »

Just for fun, solo tm lunar without any OP gear onion-7.gif. Make a video of it, so others can learn that OP gear is not required for pve.​​
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    I would like pwi make all server to pvp

same reason why people want g17r5 gear
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    It's kind of weird how China's server are all PvP. But our are now Pve. I think making a new PvP server would just kill off the current servers. Making that cross server PvP instance for all of us would be the right choice to do. @orinj

• dagoddominator

you dont need r999 for pvp either. the grades of gear are less "required" for pvp than pve, since pvp relies on using the maxed gear in each slot, regardless what "maxed" is. ppl pvp'd in g12 tt99 before r9 came out. only reason to have it in any case is to keep people farming for something.... as is the case in most mmo philosophies.

• dagoddominator
    yea right fight in tt99 now and see how much bids are going to hit you now
    game is not anymore balanced upon TT gears xD​​

well with no att or def levels available, or spirit really.... the balance is going to be about the same. no r999 no +100 stat or 600+ damage stat.... less multipliers available.... lower mag attack..... I mean as long as the gear disparity is not there pvp will get more exciting for those who want it. that fact that ppl with maxed out gears, spending 10k+ can literally stand afk and tank ppl with lesser gear and spirit.
  • dagoddominator
    the point is, the normalization is what will help open world pvp.
  • whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    Aslong as people exist people will find something to agree and disagree on. :/ I didn't add this in my other thread but wanted to give a big thank you Orinj for taking the time to announce this post to us. :)
    The only GOP
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    This is part of the reasons we don't get nice things. We were asked to give our opinion on what we would want more... and now it's turned into a pvp debate and people campaigning to have the servers changed to pvp. That isn't what was asked and it won't happen.
    Just state what you want and move on ppl-- seriously it isn't that hard.​​
    Here we go again....
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    @paralleogram R u forreal... its like when you go to a village of poor and drunk people and ask them, from your new position of unelected head of district, from you fancy new car, what kind of roses they want to have in the new park you are going to make. One that does of course never even attempt to solve their biggest problems. I'd say its pretty normal that people stick to their actual needs. It would be a interesting social anomaly if people behaved differently.

Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    From a pure psychological Aspect now: What reasons would people have to stick around in a game like PWI without PvPing? Well, there are not many factors that would be relevant in this matter:

1. They are solely logging in for friends and use this game as a chat-program with the occasional daily to have some diversity from the regular chat.
    2. They follow their PvE-goals. Some people are obsessed with achieving a PvE-Level with which they can Solo anything or where they can reach higher and higher DMG numbers. I once was driven by that too.
    3. People associate alot of nice memories with this game and thus stick to it as a constant reminder of said memories. Depending on what you lived through in the time you play a game, listen to a song, etc. ... you can get easily attached not only to what moved you in the first place simply due to your mind associating certain memories with other things. You could name it Nostalgia.
    4. Specific reasons. Everyone has very specific reasons to do things sometimes. Some people use games as a place where they can hide from the cruel reality sometimes. Things like that can get adictive to a level in which you dont feel secure outside of your own "world" anymore. One could argue that this is also a first step towards a mental illness but I dont believe such. As long as it doesnt hurt the person or anyone else, its fine imho.

Personally. Even tho I understand all the reasons stated above (and ofc more since there is more =P) I can't imagine playing this game without PvP. That might be due to the fact that once you conquered anything a game has to offer PvE-wise there is simply no point in doing it over and over and over again. It will get old. Boring. Unless you encounter absolute nubs that literally always do the same things in PvP as if they were bots of some sort, then you shouldnt encounter that problem here. PvP is nearly always fun. Winning or losing also doesnt matter too much cept one is riddled with pure egomaniac ofc!

Alot of people get too worked up in PvP tho. There are several types of people. The people that will get killed by someone 50 times in a row but still keep going strong cause they use the oppurtunity to learn from every loss and will constantly get better and then there are the ones that will lose 3 fights in a row and quit the game. Unfortunatly...the latter is the most dominant in nearly anything humanly imaginable. Opening a new Server and giving the oppurtunity to bulk together all active pvpers from any server will only lead to alot of them quiting and eventually become the same as we have now. Empty.

A cross-Server PvP-Arena really would be the best solution imho. One in which everyone from any server could login at any givin time and participate in PvP of all sorts. 1on1s, 5on5s, 10on10s, random Mass-PvP, maybe some tournaments here and there and other PvP-Events. This way people also dont have to abandon factions and friends in their journy to a new server. Just saying.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    here is my suggestion:

Remove the quest bosses from secrect passage. Make the passage pvp again, and put a boss there that spawns every 2h and drops starchart or homestead stuff.
    Then you will see continuous pvp all over the place.

People dont like to fight just for the lulz, they need a reason to fight.
  • dagoddominator
    This is part of the reasons we don't get nice things. We were asked to give our opinion on what we would want more... and now it's turned into a pvp debate and people campaigning to have the servers changed to pvp. That isn't what was asked and it won't happen.
    Just state what you want and move on ppl-- seriously it isn't that hard.

the debate is legit you fool,
    if they open a pvp server no holds barred blablabla and gears are illu crystal gears as per orinj words, it's no point to even try it because the game is not anymore balanced upon TT gears.

point is mister, before "state what you want" you actually would like to read the whole thread before posting your late statement

all the pvp related debate is about orinj asking: let's open new pvp server with illusion crystal granted,
    the average answer is no thanks

because:

none will drop endgame toons to reroll on TT gears
    even with illusion crystal will take years to get up to date
    pvp in TT gears suck
    pvp server isn't even that liked by the playerbase

instead:

fix thursday cross server tournament
    bring back cross server nation wars
    allow access to cross server gulch at any time and enable open PK in there

period.​​

ok we agree for most everything (not gonna continue to argue over g12 gears lets just drop that). i will point out that illusionary crsytal doesnt give gear. the warfront chest does. he stated "a PVP care package, and possibly some other items to allow people to hit the ground running." and the crystal only after a certain level (likely 30 when pk is activated)

i personally think, following the example of other games, that if they were to normalize gear they would not use tt99 but rather NV3 or better yet R8R (since that is par for the course in China right?)... BUT other gears, like ornaments will be farmed (since they are.... a business....)

otherwise your other points are spot on.

the secret passage idea is a great idea too, i think they should spawn beefed up versions of those puppet clones of various classes.... and they have higher spawn rates on top or ppl who are red-named.... as in the redder your name the more likely they will spawn... as for the drops, i dont think that will fly but it would be nice.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    @orinj can you also tell them to redo the G17 blade, with a pretty please and a cherry pie ó/ they messed that one up so badly, it looks like im walking around with a watering can

G17 blade right now:
    20091%20gieter%20verkleind-800x600.jpg
    Post edited by dingo488 on
  • killermystic2
    killermystic2 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yes, new PVP server pls. Actually any new server, cuz the only really good thing I'm thinking about this is the fresh new start. If a new server opens I'll consider starting over. The coins inflation on this game is the most cancerous thing ever brought to PWI. It definitely plays an important role on people quitting, so a new server would have a much better economy I believe.
This discussion has been closed.