Any Interest in a no-holds barred, PVP server? + Which events do you like? + Custom pet or mount?

orinj
orinj Posts: 460 admin
Hi, gang. If we haven't met, my name's Orinj and I'm the head of the US Studio that runs PWI.
I've already introduced myself in a couple of other threads, but I figure it'd be worth mentioning one last time, in case we haven't had the pleasure to meet up to this point. In any case, it's nice to meet y'all. :)

I have a couple of questions for you today.

PVP Server
Would you guys be interested in a no-holds barred, PVP server? Sounds crazy, right? And what do I mean by no-holds barred: no GM presence, no GM help, just player vs. player, in an "unregulated" server (hacks and cheats will still net you an insta-ban ^_^).
We'd give everyone on that server an Illusionary Crystal after they get to X-level (this to dissuade people from making throwaway characters), a PVP care package, and possibly some other items to allow people to hit the ground running.
The purpose of this server would be the same as a Japanese Red Room. In Japan, some businesses have Red Rooms where people go in to yell, air grievances, settle quarrels with raised voices, vent, scream, etc. - BUT - when they exit the Red Room, they gotta leave all of that behind. Yup, you can't take it with you. Leave all your anger, pains, and stressors in the PVP server.
It might also give you an opportunity to live out an alternate life. Maybe you'll have a whole new identity, new friends, new allegiances, I dunno, lol.
I'd love to get your thoughts on this!
Would love to know your thoughts, any concerns related to this, feasibility, logistics, etc. Thanks in advance.

In-game Events
Which in-game events are y'alls favorites? I'm not familiar with any of them, so I wanted to just and see what y'all like before I have the Devs queue them up. Why would I serve you split-pea soup, if you want tomato bisque, right?
It would be really helpful if you let me know which events you like and why so I can better cater to y'alls tastes.

What would you prefer: a custom mount or pet?
If we had the opportunity as a game to create our own pet or mount, which would you choose?
We'd get to choose the type - pet or mount - and what it would look like, down to every bit of detail. It would be completely new, built from scratch. I'm not asking for specific details or designs - not yet at least - just which you'd prefer, pet or mount.
I'm heading to China in September and am hoping to get this initiative underway.
Sounds like fun, no?

Looking forward to hearing your responses. :)

Cheers,

Orinj
F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.

Comments

• joecisco
    joecisco Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    It would be awesome. That plus a server-transfer option.

edit, I meant the separate ho-holes-barred PvP server. PvP is pretty carebear in PWI as it is currently.​​
    Post edited by joecisco on
  • fenfish
    fenfish Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    that would be neat, curious about the care package what would be in that and i vote for mount
  • kuglepen
    kuglepen Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I think most people would pick mount over pet.
    Where would the server be located? And the servertime?

A problem is that most events are once a day, and a lot of them runs at 20:00 servertime - half the people will always be left out cause the players have such a big difference in timezone.

While I somewhat think it would be cool, I'm afraid it would hurt rest of the servers because people might leave permanently for this server. I think PWE should be focusing more on the current servers health.
    I think I would only be up for it if everybody is on equal gear and they cant get any advantages from like cashshopping or spam farming. With the current amount of ingame dailies nobody have time to farm for both their chars on their main server and the chars on the PvP server.
    Post edited by kuglepen on
  • davidmurphy
    davidmurphy Posts: 31 Arc User
    pvp sever plox

• igoplop
    igoplop Posts: 124 Arc User
    Hello.
    In the event area, more events that give +8 and above dragon orbs, A chests or S packs, Barbaric Bloods, materials for homestead, Astrobana/Astrospira pearls...

~ Also, would be nice if the Jade of Returning quest was implemented again and the current Raising Baby quest would stay permanent along side it. It's something highly useful for everyone.

~ Almost forgot, illusion crystals for the people that didn't get them last time due to it "being random" would be great too...

• sonimaxxaa
    sonimaxxaa Posts: 1 Arc User
    now could this server have the cash shop disabled and strictly for pvp like we get everything needed to pvp and vent our frustration out ?
  • motoor
    motoor Posts: 178 Arc User
    Better swich all server that we have to pvp..would be better xD
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Orinj, the "red room" server sounds interesting, but can you comment on the feasibility of a regular server with forced pvp enabled? I'm sure many players from former Lost City and Harshlands that got forced into pve servers during the merge would like to have a pvp server back. Also, can you tell us how feasible server transfers are? Again related to the Harshlands players from east coast who got forced into European server.

As far as events, Assault on Archosaur was fun when dragon quest drops were worth something. Since they're valueless now not much point in the event.

There was a nice event that allowed a male and female toon to farm a pair of novelty level 1 boots over the course of a month. Currently all the NPCs for this quest are ingame except one. I think if you reactivate this NPC http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/npc/22292 it should restart the questline. That wouldn't require much work on your part, and there's nothing game-unbalancing from the questline.
  • glassguitar
    glassguitar Posts: 75 Arc User
    I would absolutely LOVE the no holds barred PvP server. Recommend that there be no dropping of items, just my personal preference.

Event like Celestial Tigers that are quick and give everyone a chance to win at least a consolation prize are my facorites.

Mount, mount, mount!!!

TYVM
  • parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    What we will get with pvp server? Lack of people & pvp on others servers because pvp server will lure active ppl from them.

We need Invite a friend event or something else with the same rewards.
    Get back x-nw please.
  • kuglepen
    kuglepen Posts: 48 Arc User
    superfedee wrote: »
    what if, even better idea, you make in the cross-server a cross-server pk area accessible at any time?​​

+1

• npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    The PK server idea sounds fun, and the above mentoned cross-server pk area sounds awesome also​​
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Probably an unpopular opinion...but I dont like the idea of an official PvP server whatshowever, to explain why I will use my own server (Sanctuary, which changed into Twilight Temple together with Lost City).

When the 2 servers came together PvP really sparked up, both in unstructured PvP (PK) aswell as in structured PvP (TW). I think anyone that enjoys to PvP would say that those were a really fun 2-3 months. However after those 3 months all the people from the losing side quit the game, to instead play on ''PvP servers'' that already exist, but arent supported by PWI. (We miss you ChinaTown :'( ) Where these servers might be nice for the unstructured version of PvP (PK) it has a really bad influence on structured PvP (TW), since people will no longer show up to those, and people will no longer have much motivation to gear their char for this, especially considering how impossible it is to gear up right now in the first place...

Now when we look at the quality of each version of PvP (and this is my personal opinion) then the unstructured PvP is of extremely low quality...the game is very poorly balanced for small fights, aswell as the fact it pretty much always turns into a battle of who has the most people available, due to its unstructured nature, not to mention it usually turns into 5 minutes of waiting for a 30 second long fight... In comparison to that structured PvP is of a way higher quality, which I personally experience as way more fun. To lose the higher quality PvP to in return get the crappy PvP wouldnt be something Id be excited about

What I would personally like to see is for Wargod's Gulch (which is currently the Cross-server Realm) to have this, an area where we can all easily get maxed gear to use for PK / xTW and xNW. For both Dragon's Conquest (xTW) and xNW (which absolutely has to come back!)

As for events, I think Smoke Over Archosaur is pretty much only event I ever really went to as all the other ones arent rewarding at all.

Im quite indifferent about custom mounts and pets. What I would like to see instead is Custom Weapon Fashion. The system of Weapon Fashion has potential to be super cool but its currently completely wasted since the only Weapon Fashion thats currently available is basically for novelty, and its all just meant to be ''funny''. This feature can be used to make amazing weapon skins, which is something I would personally very much like to see ^-^

EDIT: To add to the mount topic, rather than new mounts I would like to see the old mounts get revamped, they all look extremely dated compared to the new ones, but the new ones are all kinda silly ideas and I much prefer all the old mounts, so having that revamped could be an excellent idea
    Post edited by dingo488 on
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    This Pvp server...for all of the pvpers to go there freely? Once we go there, are we permanently stuck on that server for good? Or can we go back to our own servers as we wish? How is this going to work out? xD For me i love pvp...but this is concerning to me. Would like more details please!

• meel37175978
    meel37175978 Posts: 22 Arc User
    I think is a good idea to get a pvp server, BUT at the same time it isnt, players will just sit there to pvp, and will break the other servers, leaving them with less players. Like someone said before, is going to be better to make the pve servers into pvp.

About mount or pet, I would say mount is better.

Also about pvp related... when you go to China to talk about this, make them consider to balance the classes. They already did a good thing with skills in some classes with the lastest update, but there are still some classes that are SO unbalance, example: DB are extremely OP, you practically cant do anything against them, because they have non-stopped stuns; archers are just ****. Im sure there are more class-related stuff to fix, but for now that is what I can mention.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    orinj wrote: »

PVP Server
    Would you guys be interested in a no-holds barred, PVP server? Sounds crazy, right? And what do I mean by no-holds barred: no GM presence, no GM help, just player vs. player, in an "unregulated" server (hacks and cheats will still net you an insta-ban ^_^).
    We'd give everyone on that server an Illusionary Crystal after they get to X-level (this to dissuade people from making throwaway characters), a PVP care package, and possibly some other items to allow people to hit the ground running.
    The purpose of this server would be the same as a Japanese Red Room. In Japan, some businesses have Red Rooms where people go in to yell, air grievances, settle quarrels with raised voices, vent, scream, etc. - BUT - when they exit the Red Room, they gotta leave all of that behind. Yup, you can't take it with you. Leave all your anger, pains, and stressors in the PVP server.
    It might also give you an opportunity to live out an alternate life. Maybe you'll have a whole new identity, new friends, new allegiances, I dunno, lol.
    I'd love to get your thoughts on this!
    Would love to know your thoughts, any concerns related to this, feasibility, logistics, etc. Thanks in advance.

We did have PvP server, you guys switched them to PvE. You must be new to the company.
    Also, leaving it all behind in the "red room". You must have never been on a server (harshlands for example) after a TW/pvp session between 2 factions that hate each other. If you make that server, might be a good idea to put teles on sale on the regular servers. Should make a fortune.
    Oh ya almost forgot. You guys can barely keep the servers up and running consistently as it is, why make another server?
    In-game Events
    Which in-game events are y'alls favorites? I'm not familiar with any of them, so I wanted to just and see what y'all like before I have the Devs queue them up. Why would I serve you split-pea soup, if you want tomato bisque, right?
    It would be really helpful if you let me know which events you like and why so I can better cater to y'alls tastes.

I used to attend most if not all of them. But again, you guys screwed that up when you put a North American server with a European one and screwed up the times (11 hour time difference if i remember, could be wrong. Totally stupid move btw, in case no one has mentioned that to you yet).
    We may ask for tomato bisque, and since your "not familiar" about the events, you will end up giving us split-pea soup. Sounds like someone who is a little more learned with the events, and PWI in general should be asking this.
    What would you prefer: a custom mount or pet?
    If we had the opportunity as a game to create our own pet or mount, which would you choose?
    We'd get to choose the type - pet or mount - and what it would look like, down to every bit of detail. It would be completely new, built from scratch. I'm not asking for specific details or designs - not yet at least - just which you'd prefer, pet or mount.
    Useless for me as you cant fight on a mount or pet. So not much input from me as I find it useless, and surely expensive in the boutique.

I'm heading to China in September and am hoping to get this initiative underway.
    Sounds like fun, no?

You have like 2+ months to learn the game and its events. Times-a-tickin.
    [/quote]

NGTUy53.png

• spaz95
    spaz95 Posts: 110 Arc User
    PvP server would be AMAZING

But if its hosted on an EU or Eastern server i wont even be able to join. Since i get horrid ping on those servers due to how the lan lines go through the world. Meaning they just **** Australian and New Zealand players. I cant even have an enjoyable experience in xTW coz of 1000 ping being my average. I am already forced with a 400 ping given my location (thats the best ping i can achieve).

May I suggest a Western server for it? Since it is best for a "world" prospective. Rather than just an EU and US out look. Yes Westerners will have the largest advantage but at leas people from all over the world will have the samish ping given a Western location is the closest for all of the world to connect too.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    PvP with the current setup would not interest me. But I would prob give it a look over.

@orinj I dono about mount or pet BUT what about designing our own event. Storyline and all!

Kinda my hands on job.​​
  • dieeisw0elfin
    dieeisw0elfin Posts: 1 Arc User
    - What about 1 day XNW and 1 day normal NW?
    - That this guys who already have this r9.3 wep can switch it to China R9wep without loosing this shards and refine. Cause the change already is expensive.
    - Change all Servers to PVP.
    - Server Transfer

• wooooper
    wooooper Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    what if, even better idea, you make in the cross-server a cross-server pk area accessible at any time?
    that would be ludicrous, there would be pk at any hour!!! any faction of any server would pk any other faction of any other server man that would be insane, even the deads will return back to play pwi

^^this...**pls make this happen

mouse-41.giffox-1.gifmouse-41.gif​​
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    wooooper wrote: »
    what if, even better idea, you make in the cross-server a cross-server pk area accessible at any time?
    that would be ludicrous, there would be pk at any hour!!! any faction of any server would pk any other faction of any other server man that would be insane, even the deads will return back to play pwi

mouse-41.giffox-1.gifmouse-41.gif​​

I actually want this instead. @orinj

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    1. Reenable xNW please and enable xserver tourney.
    2. Honestly, I think you guys should just make an area on the cross server to let people pk freely in. A new server is kinda dumb and no one wants to re-gear at this point.
    3. If there was some way to bring back Invitation Scrolls, that'd be lovely so people that can't make RW can get Inkdragons.
    4. Speaking of RW and other events, if there was a way so you could make it so people would need to be white name to damage the bases and carts in order to encourage the event to be pvp-inclined like how it's intended, that'd be lovely. Currently, the convoy daily in Primal is set up like this so there should be a way to flag it.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    edited June 2016
    wooooper wrote: »

mouse-41.giffox-1.gifmouse-41.gif

I actually want this instead. @orinj

Is being worked on from what I understand. O and the XTW thing!​​
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Reply to those asking for pve servers to turn into pvp: I do not agree with this. I'm sure there are other people that feel like me. I am on a pve server for a reason. If some people want to be on a pvp server, that's totally fine. But I don't see why I have to be on a pvp server, when I didn't choose to. Thank you!

I think a pvp server for those that want one sounds like a good idea.
  • inzain93
    inzain93 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Make cross server into a pvp arena of sorts that everyone from all servers can jump into at any time if they want.

Turning the current servers into PvP would cause too much damage to the community. The majority of the playerbase do not want to be on a PvP server. There's a reason only a handful players are in pk mode and the other 80% are in PvE mode.

Pets are pretty much useless and very unattractive. Maybe you could ask the developers in China to allow pets to pick up item drops for us? That would at least give them a purpose.
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    @orinj to reroll a new toon on a new server at this point of the game it is kind of a failure... little to no playerbase would drop his endgame toon to reroll on a new server, it just takes years and thousand dollars to get up to date even with illu crystal...
    but the base idea is awesome.

Going to +1 this here. There are a ton of other games similar to PWI that has a X-server PVP area. We sort of had that with XNW but that was removed. Having a 24/365 area to pvp other servers would really be amazing. Also, if there was a way to create guilds and have alliances or something in this area that would be really cool but I know its pushing it.
    I love the Idea of a PVP server but at this point, the amount of time, energy and $ I put into my main char to start from 0 is off-putting to me -- even with an illusionary crystal and starter stuff.
    A red room of sorts for X-server PVP area I think would satisfy alot of people. Also, this would prevent alot of angst if a PVP server wasn't in their time-zone.

As for events:
    • If the above isn't possible I would really love for XNW to come back.
    • RW should be tweaked to be like the Morai event on weekends. You must be in PK mode to participate. As it currently is, there is no challenge to it.

I'd prefer a mount over an all class pet. Something ginormous, pink and sparkly. egg-1.gif

Thank you for taking the time to speak to us and get our input.

PS: Please bring back the egg smilies into the CS.​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    I also think it would be much better focusing on improving the cross-server realm instead of making people create new characters. The amount of work you need to put into a character these days is just way way too much.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    @orinj

Imagine this!!

Wargod's Gulch, the cross-server realm. Now has a town in it...Its Archosaur!! BUT you can not leave Archosaur! all the gates are closed and you can not fly. Archosaur is also no longer a safe zone, PK is enabled almost everywhere in Archosaur, with the exception of the 4 teleporters present in Archosaur ^-^ each of these 4 teleporters is the entry point for one of the 4 servers.

Be cool to have PK in Archosaur in the cross-server realm B)

Also I know you didnt ask for this but Im way more into PvE than anything else and I think what we really need is more Title Quests, but not like the Title Quests we now have. Aside from the World Quest titles all of the titles are extremely easy to get. I would love for there to be some extreme time-consuming titles to be introduced to PWI. :smile: that ofcourse give a bit of a stat-boost as reward for the players that put in the time.

Some examples of potential titles:

The Vanquisher - Kill 100 of every single (non-boss) mob that spawns in the open world. [+50 p.att/m.att]
    The Hero - Complete every single ''Side-quest'' in the game. [+200 pdef/mdef]
    The Menace - Kill 500 people in xNW/xTW (purposely not doing TW cuz people cud attack their own alt faction to farm kills ;p) [+200 accuracy/evasion]
    Helping Hand - Help 250 people with their BH/bosses or whatever [+25 spirit]

Those are just examples tho xD they might be stupid...but either way, Id love for there to be some REAL titles are are very difficult to get, kinda like the World Quest titles, but then add another level to it :blush:
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    Customized mounts - when you summon your mount a clone of yourself is made and you sit on its shoulders. I'd buy this mount for the lulz.
This discussion has been closed.