Scheduled Server Maintenance [6/21/16 - 11pm PDT]

Options
thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
Hey Everyone!

We will be having scheduled server maintenance tonight at 11pm PDT. This one has a patch so get your Patch Notes.

We expect this maintenance to last approximately 5 hours so during that time you will not be able to access the servers.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

- The PWI Crew

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Thank you very much for those fixes. I but have one thing to add: It says that BMs cant reel-in Catapults or players linked to such anymore. that already helps alot but Seeker and Duskblades can still abuse the same glitch. Seeker even worse as they can glitch players into textures like walls and trees, getting them stuck and unable to move until they die or use Town Portal. If possible, that issue should be addressed as well. Ofc not today and surely not tomorrow but in the foreseeable future would be awesome. Thanks again and good job!
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    i agree with @jsxshadow +1
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Options
    "*The Assassin Death Link and Death Chain spells do not deal damage."

Does this mean the skill will simply be rendered useless? I'd understand it not working in FSJ, but making it completely useless?
    So, now we'll have 2 useless skills, Spoils of War and Death Chain... Spoils of War does what it says but who wants DQs from PvP nowadays? And Death Chain is good in PvP when you have high defense and you're getting ganked.

Is this what it actually means Domino?

Mr. Justice
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    "*The War Avatar Packs crafted by the Resistance Force Leader have been renamed to War Avatar Chest to differentiate them from the functionally different War Avatar Packs sold in the Boutique.
    "
    For the love of god, change this back or name them something like War Avatar Pouches. Reason for this is because chests have been reserved for items, which only provide one grade of war avatars. This change, as it stands currently, will confuse everybody massively.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Thank you very much for those fixes. I but have one thing to add: It says that BMs cant reel-in Catapults or players linked to such anymore. that already helps alot but Seeker and Duskblades can still abuse the same glitch. Seeker even worse as they can glitch players into textures like walls and trees, getting them stuck and unable to move until they die or use Town Portal. If possible, that issue should be addressed as well. Ofc not today and surely not tomorrow but in the foreseeable future would be awesome. Thanks again and good job!

I wouldnt be too surprised if they ninja fixed those too. Remembering China patchnotes they didnt specify skills, which would be affected, just how skills which translocate were no longer effective against catapullers. Cant see a reason why our version would be getting a different version of a fix then again this is PWI where errything is possible.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • nbreaking
    edited June 2016
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »
    "*The War Avatar Packs crafted by the Resistance Force Leader have been renamed to War Avatar Chest to differentiate them from the functionally different War Avatar Packs sold in the Boutique.
    "
    For the love of god, change this back or name them something like War Avatar Pouches. Reason for this is because chests have been reserved for items, which only provide one grade of war avatars. This change, as it stands currently, will confuse everybody massively.

I was telling a friend exactly that. It sounds to me this was intended to generate confusion because people will assume it's a guaranteed S card since it's called S chest.
    To be honest, this sounds very shady to take advantage of people not paying attention. Please, rename them to something else. You're trying to avoid confusion by making a difference between boutique packs and NPC packs but you're generating even more confusion and this time it's the type people will complain a lot.

Chest was always reserved for the ones that give that grade of card (S chest always gives S, A chest always gives A) and now you're making the NPC one which gives B-S have the same name. Just not cool...

Mr. Justice
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    Options
    Maybe someone important will read this:

Homestead coin sink is an outright joke. The amount of coin being sunk into homesteads up until now probably equates for a single week (probably less) of a sochi pack sale. The combination of coins from best lucks and tokens flooding into the server is on such a massive scale and no one seems to realize. Every coin sink that china will attempt to implement into PW will be undermined by these absurd sales, which seem to come every week nowadays. PWE staff need to wake up and stop with these super cheap sales that flood the market with coins and ruin the economy. PWCN may have found their fix, but PWI never will if this continues. 44 gold was a good sale price, 25 gold is ridiculous and working against the players in the end. But I guess we can look forward to having 4m capped gold in the AH for the foreseeable future. PWCN did their part, this time we've been let down by PWI.

This game is 100x more enjoyable when you have access to AH gold.

Thanks
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hey @thenamesdomino @surtr

How come u guys decided to fix this
    "*Blademaster - Reel In now has no effect on Territory War catapults, or on players linked to catapults."

But, didnt decide to do the same with Seeker's Transposition or Db reel in, they still can glitch cata pullers on the air or in the walls.
    Post edited by ballenato on
  • nbreaking
    edited June 2016
    Options

Homestead coin sink is an outright joke. The amount of coin being sunk into homesteads up until now probably equates for a single week (probably less) of a sochi pack sale. The combination of coins from best lucks and tokens flooding into the server is on such a massive scale and no one seems to realize. Every coin sink that china will attempt to implement into PW will be undermined by these absurd sales, which seem to come every week nowadays. PWE staff need to wake up and stop with these super cheap sales that flood the market with coins and ruin the economy. PWCN may have found their fix, but PWI never will if this continues. 44 gold was a good sale price, 25 gold is ridiculous and working against the players in the end. But I guess we can look forward to having 4m capped gold in the AH for the foreseeable future. PWCN did their part, this time we've been let down by PWI.

Thanks

This is not the place to discuss this.
    This thread is open to talk about the patch. Your post is the reason Domino tends to close the maintenance threads nowadays. I replied to you on the other thread, go check it out.

Mr. Justice
  • ninjakitchenrulr
    ninjakitchenrulr Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Death link/ chain never dealt damage. Just reflects it, so what exactly is the known issue?

Just read the description in game and now I'm really confused
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »

Does this mean the skill will simply be rendered useless? I'd understand it not working in FSJ, but making it completely useless?
    So, now we'll have 2 useless skills, Spoils of War and Death Chain... Spoils of War does what it says but who wants DQs from PvP nowadays? And Death Chain is good in PvP when you have high defense and you're getting ganked.

from the patch notes:

"KNOWN ISSUES
    *The Assassin Death Link and Death Chain spells do not deal damage."

Key words are 'known issues.' To me that mean that the the issue is that the skill doesn't do damage which is an issue. Not what you are inferring.

Thanks

No. No need to raise or remove the cap. And stop derailing this thread.
  • nbreaking
    Options
    jadasia wrote: »
    nbreaking wrote: »

from the patch notes:

"KNOWN ISSUES
    *The Assassin Death Link and Death Chain spells do not deal damage."

Key words are 'known issues.' To me that mean that the the issue is that the skill doesn't do damage which is an issue. Not what you are inferring.

Thanks

No. No need to raise or remove the cap. And stop derailing this thread.

I understood the same as you from the patch notes, the friend I was discussing it with however, pointed how they put under "Known Issues" things that WILL be broken after the patch. They did this before when they fixed DC for the hands in TT.

From the way it says, it does feel like it means that they know that right now it doesn't reflect damage, but it does. If you look at the structure, "Known Issues" is just another category.

Anyways, I am not certain if you and me are right or my friend is right, that's why I asked domino if we're losing Death Chain or not. It was a question, followed by a little rant about it if they do nerf it to nothing :x xD

Mr. Justice
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    ballenato wrote: »
    Hey @thenamesdomino @sutr

How come u guys decided to fix this
    "*Blademaster - Reel In now has no effect on Territory War catapults, or on players linked to catapults."

But, didnt decide to do the same with Seeker's Transposition or Db reel in, they still can glitch cata pullers on the air or in the walls.

Heaven's forbid us BM get to have any fun in mass pvp, that is whytiger-2.gif. The joys of blade tornado used to be so much fun.​​
  • rathofdemise
    rathofdemise Posts: 23 Arc User
    Options
    @thenamesdomino look into the forum mod abuse and the GM abuse on other servers thanks
  • enzeruken
    enzeruken Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    I would say rip BM's but meh we all know the class is more or less mostly dead anyways. (obviously there are still a few bms here and there, but yea... so many of them are such easy kills xd) - I get it there were people glitching it/abusing it to high hell and back, and its good that they fixed that... but meh it seems more like a band aid fix, instead of a fix that would still allow the skill to be useful against those OP pullers. --- Eh what am I saying... if we can't kill them before we use reel in from behind them/the catapult... what makes me think we could kill them by a strategic/well timed pull back with reel in.
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    Options
    Yea I'm so concerned about that Abuse, please resolve this issue or at least tell me if my AFK spot is save from GM and the GM/Moderators Friends, I don't want to be banned next just for leaving my toon in the wrong spot :'(
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • forceofsoul
    forceofsoul Posts: 17 Arc User
    Options
    5 hours maint. Gosh these ppl are really lazy.. It increases every few months a bit and in year or two i expect maint to be 24h
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    5 hours maint. Gosh these ppl are really lazy.. It increases every few months a bit and in year or two i expect maint to be 24h
    Please go educate yourself on what is needed to be done to actually do an update / maintenance on game servers, then come back to complain.

@thenamesdomino Also, lol at the known death link/chain issue, how the hell did they break that?
    I'm going to assume the reflection of damage is busted since it doesn't actually deal damage but redirects a portion of it, probably intended to prevent oneshotting in FSP and the likes, but holy cow if that's the reason to break it, they should change the damage that the mobs that are supposed to oneshot to a DoT damage type that goes off instantly (like toads chop does). Then your problem is solved.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• kiymori
    kiymori Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    enzeruken wrote: »
    I would say rip BM's but meh we all know the class is more or less mostly dead anyways. (obviously there are still a few bms here and there, but yea... so many of them are such easy kills xd) - I get it there were people glitching it/abusing it to high hell and back, and its good that they fixed that... but meh it seems more like a band aid fix, instead of a fix that would still allow the skill to be useful against those OP pullers. --- Eh what am I saying... if we can't kill them before we use reel in from behind them/the catapult... what makes me think we could kill them by a strategic/well timed pull back with reel in.

Only R.I.P applies to fail BMs considering they are still one of the top tier classes for group and 1v1 PvP. Sure they won't be blowing stuff up themselves in TW on average but that was really never their job to begin with lol.
  • fpld5
    fpld5 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    Any one have any idea on new rank 8rr helm coming out ? Does that mean easier aps set? Maybe even more op aps set with no str requirement?
  • enzeruken
    enzeruken Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    kiymori wrote: »
    enzeruken wrote: »

Only R.I.P applies to fail BMs considering they are still one of the top tier classes for group and 1v1 PvP. Sure they won't be blowing stuff up themselves in TW on average but that was really never their job to begin with lol.

Plenty of great/skilled BMs quit the game/moved to another far easier, and more OP class for the status quo change when NW came out, while under-geared they are a class that is quite easy to get upset with, not to mention question whether its worth it to continue on them or not... and are even bottom of the food chain it is extremely hard to do anything on them unless they are prepared to the teeth with apo, charms hp/mp/def, full chi, etc.

Bm's aren't a top tier class for group pvp unless they are geared, and even then they are easy for me to ignore on my seeker. - Either way it was more of a joke, don't feel like debating about this over and over, I have no interest in that. - EDIT: Don't get me wrong I am still passionate about them, but yea, I have something else in my life that I would much rather devote my time/energy into.

Not to mention I do realize that if they were to boost undergeared bm's there would be some OP/badass geared bm's in game that would be unimaginably annoying... a complete nightmare to run into, hell truth be told there is already a very small select few that fit that 'bill', fewer I might add than any other class though, followed by barbs, (but barbs have their insane shields to hide behind /o\ and are ridiculously difficult to kill at times. xD lol) then all the rest have several that make me go 'nope'... bye. xD

- In other words I'm out of here/this convo, take care!
  • clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    Options
    Update is just one more money grab and a few bonus feature item player slaps in the face... went from 8-4 servers - won't be that long before it's 4 to 2...
  • e1finger
    e1finger Posts: 43 Arc User
    Options
    Why did yall have to mess with BM's Reel in ? more QQing ppl again? thats why this game so broken always entertaining small crys and changing things on the fly. Hell if yall gonna be at it then give Bms Attack level Buffs, Give us Stealth, Hell just give us Tidel too. Someone throw a baby bottle in the field might satisfy these QQers.
  • mayiawolf
    mayiawolf Posts: 33 Arc User
    Options
    Happy to see the blessing agent brought back , think the colors is a neat idea to ! <3
  • firstblood#1267
    firstblood#1267 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    So wth does Death Chain do since it doesn't reflect any damage back to the attacker. Another useless skill ________ over the sin's more.
  • ninjakitchenrulr
    ninjakitchenrulr Posts: 70 Arc User
    Options
    I've tried death chain today and it's still the same
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options
    I've tried death chain today and it's still the same

I think they wildly misinterpreting the issue. I guess I can say my reading comprehension is above average as I suspected it wasn't changed. I understood the known issue to mean that it's always been an issue and still needs to be addressed. Not a newly created issue.