Unpleasant Event in Twilight Temple Server

fury85
fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
edited June 2016 in General Discussion
Good morning PWI stuff,

I heard today of a very bad situation happened in Twilight Temple Server.
A GM start to ban players in a faction because they stand too close to the “afk special spot” of another faction.
Apart the child situation that people start to dabate about afk spot with an huge world available, the act of the GM is really understandable and it show at the eyes of the community as a big abuse of power.
I’m a stranger at this situation, but i’m an old player and i’m attached to this game and to this community, and i’m worried to hear that things.
I invest time and money, also I have many friends here, and know that GMs can do what they want (also not included in the rules of conduct) for such a stupid reason, it fear me. And I think it fear everyone to continue to put time and money here.

That wont be a post against someone, I will not say any name, people involved know that already, but I think to talk for all our community to ask who/what can protect the players from injustice, because is the community that make the success of a game, we are your custemers and as customers we need some protections.

I hope the stuff can understand my think and i’m glad if they can clarify what happened to the community. I hope also that the players that got banned for this (non)reason can get their access back to the game.

If stuff prefer to ask me more information before reply i'm available in private message or skype.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,
Roar.
Roar_King
Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone

Comments

• dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    take your money and your business elsewhere.
    leave comments on all external review sites to highlight this abuse of power and lack of integrity
    enjoy life playing a different game or private server.
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    take your money and your business elsewhere.
    leave comments on all external review sites to highlight this abuse of power and lack of integrity
    enjoy life playing a different game or private server.

Sorry, but I don't like this kind of comments.
    The game need players to be fun, I'm sure the stuff know that and I invite them to put their face and solve that problem, so the community can trust them again.

I'm the first that hope in a peaceful solution, but also we need to respect everyone (players and stuff) and post only comments that can help to come close to solve the problem.

Anyone can wrong.

Let the time to the stuff to check that and wait for a reply.
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • gomiamiheat
    gomiamiheat Posts: 51 Arc User
    fury85 you are barking up the wrong tree here. A certain mod has been removing posts all day and another mini mod has been preaching about how tos says gm's can do whatever they want. Sorry to be negative but the answer has been given here they don't care we better off to spam tickets, stop cs'ing, etc to get something done saying stuff here will do nothing.
  • dagoddominator
    my comment is the only recourse players have when the company does not adequately resolve issues brought to their attention. you cannot force the company to take any other course of action than the one they intend to take.

im actually being encouraging here because i love this game too. i'm sorry if you dislike that option but the fact so many players treat that option as an impossibility, protests over issues will never be settled.

politely asking, or having needed to have spent thousands of dollars in order to have your comments hold weight..... that is toxic to any sort of game that needs a community to function. if every player excpet the top spenders left... there would be no game even though those cash shoppers are paying to keep the servers up.

you have to maintain fairness and integrity to keep the larger population of players satisfied and present. this is why the list of glitches is such a hot topic, why issues regarding exploits are such a hot topic, and why this issue is such a hot topic.

i have no doubt there will be a response from @thenamesdomino , but as a company history has dictated that the response is not the same when the issue is unknown as opposed to when most of the active forums members are raging over it.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    i applaud your efforts roar and hope you will find a satisfactory answer from a PWI employee like @mynameisdomino, however looking at the other threads asking for the same that have even now already been sunk we all have low hopes. This games support has been like throwing cardboard at a wall to see if it sticks at best, and seeing such petty action by pwi representatives over petty topics i personally feel that we already have have our answer, we just don't want to believe it. TOS States pwi can ban anyone at anytime for any reason and you do not own your account or the items you paid for. This is just another time that pwi has shown us it will take advantage of that, and choose to lose paying customers that support their company for any reason they see fit. Even if it looks like petty faction drama to the rest of us.

Being the recipient of some very lackluster support (read: absolutely no support) from pwi staff in my own year and a half battle with harassment in the community i can say this use of pwi power is definitely the exception. But the question remains... We see no support for massive community concerns yet "GMs" or players with connections, log in to cyberphysically remove players from a factions afk spot? We swing from one extreme to the other, with no recourse, how can the community ensure the safety of their own accounts when even the very basic outline of TOS states there is no safety? And why would anyone wish to invest more time and money into a company that has so far demonstrated their utter lack of care for the communities interests?

I hope someone will move to comment here from pwi and prove me wrong, but keep @dagoddominator comment in mind if and when this gets sunk with no acknowledgement... Until then.... See you in north.
  • zenekii
    zenekii Posts: 9 Arc User
    I have to agree with Roar, I'm not even on the server (I'm an EU player) but, to see that the people who hold "power" in this game whether it be a mod a gm whatever can cause mistrust in the community is awful. It is mistrust, how can we trust that our problems will be solved in a fair way to both parties when such actions and rumors float around the servers.

Whether a player is more active or more persistent should not make a difference, if an issue is looked at and seen as something to be overlooked (they're arguing over an afk spot in this case??) as not causing real discomfort this should not change due to persistence or contacts.

In any case I feel the guidelines the ToS set us as players should be clearer, some of the rules given are very ambiguous and can be taken different ways depending on your upbringing. PWI is a multi cultural game you cant expect us to take what causes "discomfort" to players the same way, what is classified as "harassment" spam? threats? I honestly don't know, I don't do either but, would be nice to be given a clearer picture!

I usually don't get involved my post count should show that but in this case I feel too much is left for the consumer to make their own mind up, thanks for the time.
  • dagoddominator
    i believe people are cleaving to the ToS waaaay too closely. please understand those statements are their to ensure they can take whatever measures they need to to stabilize the game and maintain peace.

it doesnt actually mean they can be unfair or biased, just because a contract says something doesnt mean it will hold up to protests.

the company is probably meeting over it now to see what happened since it happened AFTER BUSINESS HOURS and i suspect that action was undertaken outside of official business, which is exactly what we are asking for an explanation to.
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    I just read the tons of screenshots there been of the chat between the two leaders and the mod..
    I never felt so embarrassed of have been a part of this faction and helped them in wars whenever my main faction had nothing important coming up. I'm so shocked and disguisted by this.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    I'll be locking this thread so please move all further discussion to the thread I've created on the matter (sorry for the inconvenience!) Have your voices be heard!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1205447/discussion-on-gm-misconduct-thread/p1?new=1
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
This discussion has been closed.