Dawn Glory Merger Promise Yet to be Fullfilled

Options

Comments

• mars19
    mars19 Posts: 80 Arc User
    Options
    Chinese never had server transfer only merges.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    Options
    Hey, PWE has lots of important things to do before they even touch this, like making photoshop contest events about pets, schedule a month to be sexist, or a very informative Q&A.

When PWE said they were going to schedule 2 event times, I knew it was just something they were saying keep people there, until they got more used to the time switch. If they do it, good on them, but I never expected them to do this at all. I honestly believe we will see another server merger before you see a dual event schedule. If dawnglory gets it, every server will have to get it or people will lost their goddam minds.
    NGTUy53.png

• xflare
    xflare Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    give it up since when has pwi ever gave a **** at what ppl wanted lol
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    .... and then banned from forums for showing proof of such lies....
    @jamminjimmy No, you were banned because of repetitive violation of the forum rules. If you hadn't directly copied the response from support, you would have been fine. You're lucky it was only a temporary ban. Domino is not always so forgiving.

Personally, the only way to truly resolve this would be to allow a one-time server transfer per account. Since they have merged the servers now, and with the cross-server events, it is well within their means. At least from a technical standpoint. It would need to me done in batch jobs during maintenance, and someone would have to spend time creating those. We all know PWE isn't about to throw money at having people work. This is obvious by the abysmal staffing of the support teams.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,837 Community Moderator
    Options
    .... and then banned from forums for showing proof of such lies....
    Personally, the only way to truly resolve this would be to allow a one-time server transfer per account. Since they have merged the servers now, and with the cross-server events, it is well within their means. At least from a technical standpoint. It would need to me done in batch jobs during maintenance, and someone would have to spend time creating those. We all know PWE isn't about to throw money at having people work. This is obvious by the abysmal staffing of the support teams.

It needs a system to do this not a human where things can go wrong.​​
  • parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Synth. GM said it for prevent massive rage quit from the game. Dude, they wont do this.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Unfortunately mintsummer is no longer with us, but I will follow up on this and see if there's anything that I can do about it.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Unfortunately mintsummer is no longer with us, but I will follow up on this and see if there's anything that I can do about it.

Thank you for replying. You see? That makes sense. The promise wasn't followed up upon because the staff member simply doesn't work there anymore. Thank you so much @thenamesdomino monkey-40.gif
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

• beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    So what happens if the leader of a guild wants to transfer his guild to the new server? Or you will say sorry leave your guild there but you can play in another server
    Also if we had the opportunity for transfers why people cant jump servers all around untill they decide where they want to stay?

Why we bring that subject after 9 months? Oh forgot Invite old friend ended so now people cant have InkDragons from there.

Lets see what @thenamesdomino can do 1st.
  • tek1nig
    Options
    beast21g wrote: »
    So what happens if the leader of a guild wants to transfer his guild to the new server? Or you will say sorry leave your guild there but you can play in another server
    Also if we had the opportunity for transfers why people cant jump servers all around untill they decide where they want to stay?

Why we bring that subject after 9 months? Oh forgot Invite old friend ended so now people cant have InkDragons from there.

This thread isn't about server transfers. That is a sidebar. The thread is about duplicating event timers on Dawn Glory because a competitive North American East server "Harshlands" was merged into Morai "EU" server. As such it was brought up before the merge happened on how this would destabilize the community as the EU players would have a constant edge by being able to participate in events that will further develop their characters growing the gap and making it unfair to the point where we are losing too many players.

This was thought about BEFORE the expansion and the GM who handled it is no longer here. So It took so long because we THOUGHT it would be fixed. We THOUGHT it would take time but NOT this much time. In reality the person who was fighting for us is no longer is with the company. SO, that means @thenamesdomino has to stand up to the plate and fight for us.
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• beast21g
    Options
    tek1nig wrote: »

This thread isn't about server transfers. That is a sidebar. The thread is about duplicating event timers on Dawn Glory because a competitive North American East server "Harshlands" was merged into Morai "EU" server. As such it was brought up before the merge happened on how this would destabilize the community as the EU players would have a constant edge by being able to participate in events that will further develop their characters growing the gap and making it unfair to the point where we are losing too many players.

This was thought about BEFORE the expansion and the GM who handled it is no longer here. So It took so long because we THOUGHT it would be fixed. We THOUGHT it would take time but NOT this much time. In reality the person who was fighting for us is no longer is with the company. SO, that means @thenamesdomino has to stand up to the plate and fight for us.
    ​​

So, what event develops your char and make real gap in the game? Tigers? Mayhem in Morai?
    Or the reason is simply that it's dificult to do only the resource war where you make InkDragon? (cause invite an old friend stopped and people running out of them)

And seriously my friend soon we will have 1 year after merge, if the problem didnt solved in the first 1-3 months why now? I dont say that i dont want a solution i just dont care anymore.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    The problem is that tek1nig is not going out of savezone with full buffs, that includes psy buffs, nw buff and inkdragon blood.
    Now if he got no inkdragon blood he must stop playing because he is not competitive anymore.

And as I stated on the first page, there was never a promise. Everybody that plays this game for 1-2 month knows that *We will try* is meaningless bla bla.

• jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options

​​

As mentioned previously duplicating events on just one server for a specific population is going to cause backlash from those who play on US servers and live in the EU. They will interpret it as special special treatment as the EU players on US servers have raged for years about event times on US servers being an impediment for their ability to participate because they live on the other side of the world.

Also it would not be the 1st time a CM made statements about a resolution for an issue which never materialized before or after the CM vanished and was replaced (Franky and the goon fiasco comes to mind).

If something like duplicating events is ever to come to fruition it ought to be done for every server and not just one to spare the peace.
  • beast21g
    Options
    I realise that the only problem is the InkDragon buff.
    It will be better if we push the game for alternatives for that item with lucky coins/boutique item or event gold or what else they can imagine.

@scruncy There wasnt as a promise but in the past they said that they will look about that problem and nothing happened.
  • tek1nig
    edited June 2016
    Options

So, what event develops your char and make real gap in the game? Tigers? Mayhem in Morai?
    Or the reason is simply that it's dificult to do only the resource war where you make InkDragon? (cause invite an old friend stopped and people running out of them)

And seriously my friend soon we will have 1 year after merge, if the problem didnt solved in the first 1-3 months why now? I dont say that i dont want a solution i just dont care anymore.
    Read all former posts and replies already answered. Please stay on topic.

Reasons for caring:
    :

Read all former posts and replies already answered. Please stay on topic.
    -(Celestial Tigers) Gives DOT/ DOD / Event gold and thats the lowest of the rewards of the weekly events it goes from endgame shards
    -(PK Tournament)"local" giving nation war cast G16 Guild base helmets (under a new name of course).
    -(Jungle Ruins) giving a chance to build G16 ornament "non cube"
    -(Fighters of Abomination) giving holy pills for players to finish their meridian system
    -(Theatre of Blood) giving us much needed perfect stones to compete in pvE and pvP by refilling our Genie aids and flyers

Just those events alone develop players and create a stream of profit for which North American players no longer have access to due to the "EVENT TIMERS".

This is without mentioning Resource Wars as this event is based on the TW LANDS and would not be fair to replicate.

And to answer your final question why now?* I have never stopped asking. It was GM BearClawHL who referred me to the forums as I made a long ticket and this was one of the issues that apparently can only be handled by the Community Manager @thenamesdomino

scruncy wrote: »
    The problem is that tek1nig is not going out of savezone with full buffs, that includes psy buffs, nw buff and inkdragon blood.
    Now if he got no inkdragon blood he must stop playing because he is not competitive anymore. Untrue - watch any of my video's i have many coins remaining from the Harshlands, When i make a post like this I'm here to assist the community and am thinking of more than myself. Please stay on topic.

And as I stated on the first page, there was never a promise. Everybody that plays this game for 1-2 month knows that *We will try* is meaningless bla bla. You were also incorrect there as well, that GM no longer works with PWE so we must rely on our current Community manager for this problem @thenamesdominio
    jadasia wrote: »
    As mentioned previously duplicating events on just one server for a specific population is going to cause backlash from those who play on US servers and live in the EU. They will interpret it as special special treatment as the EU players on US servers have raged for years about event times on US servers being an impediment for their ability to participate because they live on the other side of the world.

The reason it's an issue is because North American was merged across seas into the European Timezone and this is a great issue that no other server can make the contrast of comparison.

Also it would not be the 1st time a CM made statements about a resolution for an issue which never materialized before or after the CM vanished and was replaced (Franky and the goon fiasco comes to mind).

Well hopefully @thenamesdomino will be here to push for us and not resign the task to the next Community Manager.

If something like duplicating events is ever to come to fruition it ought to be done for every server and not just one to spare the peace.
    I realise that the only problem is the InkDragon buff.
    It will be better if we push the game for alternatives for that item with lucky coins/boutique item or event gold or what else they can imagine.

I DO agree that this would be fair, but that is not even the tip of the iceberg of this thread. Please refer to this post for more information.

@scruncy There wasnt as a promise but in the past they said that they will look about that problem and nothing happened.

This wasn't a question of looking into, this was to BE DONE - but due to us losing the CM around this same time certain issues were not address "others were prioritized" People have been complaining about this on forums and in tickets. This cannot be ignored any longer.
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    "The reason it's an issue is because North American was merged across seas into the European Timezone and this is a great issue that no other server can make the contrast of comparison."

I understand that and voiced my support for the frustration for the US players on Harshlands had with being merged with an EU server. Mostly because people from the EU playing on US servers cheerfully went to the forum and rubbed it in your faces with comments like "Now you people feel what we feel" and "for years we were told to deal with it so now you deal with it" and the like. It was disgusting to say the least. I know that there is a huge difference because the people from the EU chose to play on the US servers while HL people were literally forced onto an EU server but in reality any shred of resolution like duplicating events on just one server will cause a lot of rage from the EU people playing on US servers. No question about that.

"Well hopefully @thenamesdomino will be here to push for us and not resign the task to the next Community Manager."

He will if he has a really thick skin and a very assertive type. There is a reason why we have gone through so many CMs and even went through a while without one. The CM is just a messenger however people rage at them as if a CM is the one who makes the decisions to change the game mechanics. Far from that. I fail to understand why some treat the CMs with such condescending disrespect when they don't get what they want. There are several open threads right now which illustrate that point. All the CM can do is pass on our concerns and issues to those who do make the decisions and report any resolution if there is one back to us.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options

Eyyy, another pwe employee bites the dust, what a surprise.
    or well, that's what you meant with "no longer with us", right? Usually people say that when someone died.
    tiger-18.gif

Funny how OP chooses to reply to everyone that is "wrong", but when you point out that they said "we will TRY" and that that was the promise, he refrains from replying to it.
    The promise was that they try, who's to say they didn't try?
    So again to debunk OP's nonsense once more:
    scruncy wrote: »
    Nobody promised anything. Do you really think the sentence *We will look into it* or *I will come back to you regarding this* means anything?

Hello,

Upon the merger the PWE staff knew that there were issues such as this that existed due to the merge of 2 servers from drastically different timezones. As such the appointed staff member at the time which was handling all inquires was GM @mintsummer . You may also reference this information on the official thread of the time almost 1 year ago:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/1197811/server-merge-faq/p2

Pay attention to the GM - mintsummer's posts in this thread. Here is a quote from that thread "1 of many" which support my case:

There's literally not a single other post than the post you quoted below here that "support" your case in that thread. And i'm saying "support", because even the post you quoted doesn't support your case.
    The only other thing posted was "doable, doable, doable, we are working on it".
    That's also no promise about multiple event times, that's just working on the promise that they will "try".

mintsummer wrote: »

If there is any event sensitive to time zone, we will try to schedule it multiple times so that most players can have fun. Meanwhile, we are working on multiple time slots of TW/ Cross Server PVP/NW. Stay Tuned!

"we will TRY"
    Is not any promise that they WILL implement multiple times.

I am not asking for something that is not doable. As per GM mintsummer this is not only doable, but should have been done 1 year ago.
    Which makes this claim utter nonsense because they never said they will do it for certain, that promise was never made.

I speak for many in the community from the Harshlands when I say - I am only asking for what was promised and nothing more.
    And they promised to try, which is probably what they did (lol who am I kidding, ofcourse they didn't but we can't check that)

Please community manager @thenamesdomino investigate and make this happen before our community continues to suffer more player losses.
    Oh boohoo the player loss card again

Regards,

SyntherosX(HL2)
    Former Harshlands Player 8 year Loyal Player
    "Its time to play FOR REAL - LETS DO THIS! YOSHAAAA!!!!" - SyntherosX

Ah special snowflake added to the post "im player x, i <insert statement about paying, or playing for x years here>, so do <insert statement what pwe should do> because i said so"

Either implement a server transfer option or do nothing. If they are going to do multiple events on only 1 server because of that merge, then it's unfair to other servers where EU players are from the time when there was no EU server.

So either a transfer, or multiple event times on all servers, or nothing.
    And anyone that says "you have a choice which server you play on", go away and stop posting because you're obviously either:
    1. Too new to realise we did not have a choice
    2. An entitled ****, because Just like you, we are not going to reroll on a different server because we built up characters on the server that we are

Also, OP, you can stop with the nonsense about mintsummer never working on it because she's gone, her last freaking post was in may this year (2016) for crying out loud​, so she had 8 months to work on it.​​
    Post edited by dblazen1 on
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    The EU players that's playing on US servers choose it? It's not like there was much of a choice back when the EU server didn't exist.
    I can understand the frustration of suddenly getting forced into another timezone, but I'm still getting kind of annoyed hearing that it's only dawnglory that needs it and only dawnglory that should have it. The situation may not be exactly the same case for every server but that doesn't change the fact that the other servers needs it just like dawnglory >.>
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Mintsummer was a she, and was my best contact to the Developers in China. Last word I had with her was at the very end of April. Sad to hear they are gone, but I imagine they got a better job offer.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    Personally the whole Morai vs HL issue os a beaten dead horse but hey w.e floats. Yes EU players didnt have an option as to what server they chose but they still had a degree of choice which timezone East or West worked better for them VS hey we know you spent thousands of dollars or hours farming in characters we will make it so its completely inconvenient to play and not really manage it enjoy. At this point you tell people either reroll on another server and redo it agian or deal with it. Which brought us to a dwindled populous. The EU players like competition aswell you can alienate either groups best way imo twice for all events but make it so once per day all ALL servers this makes coordination solely based on what time is best for you. This way theres no spaming and much more equal opportunity
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • tek1nig
    edited June 2016
    Options
    blazerboy wrote: »
    Personally the whole Morai vs HL issue os a beaten dead horse but hey w.e floats. Yes EU players didnt have an option as to what server they chose but they still had a degree of choice which timezone East or West worked better for them VS hey we know you spent thousands of dollars or hours farming in characters we will make it so its completely inconvenient to play and not really manage it enjoy. At this point you tell people either reroll on another server and redo it agian or deal with it. Which brought us to a dwindled populous. The EU players like competition aswell you can alienate either groups best way imo twice for all events but make it so once per day all ALL servers this makes coordination solely based on what time is best for you. This way theres no spaming and much more equal opportunity

Agreed I see how It would benefit the many EU players on the other servers as well now that more have posted and believe it would be fair for all for this to be implemented cross-server, but as I said in my Original Post, I am fighting for the Harshlands community that were thrown into the EU abyss @thenamesdomino Take heed, we need you. Please update us the moment you have something.​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    lawl
    They take month to just add the starlight crystals to the npc and now you want them to duplicate special events for one server.
    How naive are you?
  • thenamesdomino
    Options
    The date for the starlight crystals was given to me the moment that I updated that thread, it's only about a week away. As far as the server times changing, I can tell you now that this will probably take some patching and testing on our part to accomplish. I meet with the other stakeholders today and I will bring this up. Had I known about this I could have begun fighting for this sooner.
  • thenamesdomino
    Options
    In light of recent events going on locally and abroad, I'm going to give that one a hard no.
  • misanno
    misanno Posts: 53 Arc User
    Options
    i agree with synth, he makes a valid point, if duplicating these events it would definatly help out the amercan server players, but for those who want to take advatage of the duplicated events need to be stoped, there for,
    nation war, duplicated, access once a day. so those who originally were on morai that already did nation war, can not do it again until the next time its out, or change it from friday and sunday, to sunday and saturday, sunday for eu time, saturday for american time
    to be honest nation war was the only event i actually did,
    mayhem in morai, i dont really think this needs a time change, its available at noon for me, and thats when i get off work, and it lasts till 3pm thats plenty of time for me to hop on my mystic to get prestige and influence
    celestial tigers, i havent been able to get the quest to work for me so i just say meh
    pk tournament, i avoid as much as possible, mainly because im not much of a pvper, ill fight back if im not a 1shot, but most of the time i get 1shot so no thanks, however i have alot of friends who manage to get in the top 10
    jungle ruins, i did this once and didnt like it, charm killer event of the century, **** that

fighters of abomination and theater of blood, i work till 10pm, i doubt i can do them anyways