In regards of which class really is OP in this game...

jsxshadow
jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
This. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/__wMheXWGmM

I dont know, maybe it belongs in the PvP-Ponderings, but well. Just goes to show how broken this class is. No other class in the game would've had even remotely a chance vs Ruby with that massive gear-difference. But there ya go. Just your average Duskblade. Totally not broken. Mind you that my DB is still missing the lvl2 Ulti which would've...well ya know :D but its an unfair skill anyway that I wouldnt use in a 1on1. Not like DBs are fair in any regard :D Enjoy!

@sylenthunder please move this to PvP-Ponderings if you believe that it belongs there. Thank you!

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Friendly reminder that you were the one spouting that DB's would not be OP at all and tell people, who called they would be before they were even released, they have a lack of PvP knowledge.

Something about anticipation.

You know very well this belongs in pvp ponders, stop acting like you're stupid.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• jsxshadow
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    Friendly reminder that you were the one spouting that DB's would not be OP at all and tell people, who called they would be before they were even released, they have a lack of PvP knowledge.

Something about anticipation.

You know very well this belongs in pvp ponders, stop acting like you're stupid.​​

Well, before CN started putting out the rediculous Skill upgrades DBs have been quite OK. The primal Updates alone are just stupid. A DB with just morai/Demon-Sage-Skills wouldnt stand a chance vs most players. Ofc, I was unaware of these skills when I said that. Take them away and my point stands.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    You should rename this thread:
    Let me brag how good I am with my duskblade.
    giphy.gif

• jsxshadow
    You should rename this thread:
    Let me brag how good I am with my duskblade.

No, thats not the point. Even tho there are only 2 possibilities cause I have looked into alot of ppl that post footage online, nearly all at that, and either they are all so bad that you wanna rip ya hair out in agony (most likely) or I am just the best of the best (which I doubt). If anything that just showcases how bad others are and what others cannot do while bragging how broken other classes are while duskblades are the only broken class here :D
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Moving this to PvP Ponderings. Balancing will always be an ongoing issue while people find more and more ways to get the most out of their characters. That being said there are some times when abilities just are that good that they require fine tuning. Bringing this up with the team to see what we can do.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Let the duskblades be OP in 1v1s, they are so ignorable in mass PvP, at least give them this
  • jsxshadow
    Moving this to PvP Ponderings. Balancing will always be an ongoing issue while people find more and more ways to get the most out of their characters. That being said there are some times when abilities just are that good that they require fine tuning. Bringing this up with the team to see what we can do.

Thank you very much. I am glad that you put nerfing/adjusting Duskblades into consideration. I also have thought about some easy fixes. As you can also see in the video, the main strength of DBs lies in the ability to close the gaps between them and the enemy nearly every time and that is due to the low CD on their jumping skills. If we, lets say, would double the CD and stop other skills from resetting the Cooldown of the jumpskills...well I guess then Duskblades would be OK again. Simply cause then you could kite them and find strategies around their other skills.
  • hawke1000
    hawke1000 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Thanks a lot for taking this into consideration, I'm glad you guys endeavor to keep things balanced & I really appreciate it! :)

Apart from that, it is always a pleasure to 1v1 with my man Joe, Those are like no other fights! <3:smiley:

~ Ruby_Inferno
    Post edited by hawke1000 on
  • gomiamiheat
    gomiamiheat Posts: 51 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Let the duskblades be OP in 1v1s, they are so ignorable in mass PvP, at least give them this

Just not true. A class being overpowered in 1v1 effects mass as well and people should really stop with the whole "db is so weak in mass" thing. First off you have to be a close ranged physical class to inflict damage as anything 8 meters or further away will be extremely nerfed to the point ive seen people test and r9rr cant OS g15 low spirit dbs from range. Secondly they have aoe disarms, they have stealth, they have untargetable....their self buff nerfs damage all around...how does any of this equal weak in mass lol?

The updates to the class for the skills to build a ridiculous amount of chi were not needed at all. I hate the fact that sbs and dbs can gain over 100 chi from a single move i mean thats just ridiculous by itself. I'm a seeker and I think most chi I can gain from a single move is 15 besides the sage thing that everyone has so gg.

Updates made all the classes stronger but thats the problem it made every class stronger even the one that was already unbalanced before.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User

Unless we somehow magically start getting different updates than CN again, then the only hope of balancing this is if CN's version also has a problem with duskblades as they are now.
    And they have a lot less end-game geared people than our version, so it's unlikely they complain about it a lot.
    If CN doesn't have this problem, they won't change it.

If we get different updates than CN, then they make no sense seeing as how they are trying to get our versions to be more the same.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• herbage
    herbage Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Asking to nerf duskblade class was totally unnecessary, only if you knew how boring and crappy it is for TW. In this regard, wizard is 100x more fun for TW than duskblade, so dont steal us only fun in small PK or 1vs1 with nerfing this class, which is totally a 1vs1 class.

As for Joe, man you play every class way much better than anyone else, that is something extraordinary how you can learn each class in this little time, but dont expect every one can do that and play like you can. I know many duskblades on DG server who are better geared than you, and can`t do half of what you did, saw how Infernum struggled against Ruby, who is full +12 with deity and still died in 1vs1, so, if you play well with 1 class, dont measure everyone by your size or skill.
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    A class being boring to play means absolutely nothing for balance. Maybe its boring to you but not for everyone. Oh and maybe DG duskblades are not good but that doesn't mean duskblades on other servers arent good.

Duskblades are absolutely OP in small scale PvP and up to a certain level of mass PvP too. And of course pretty unbeatable in 1v1 unless they suck at playing duskblade and then look are joe's video. In TW and other huge pvp like that they can easily go after and kill clerics and venos both of which are pretty essential classes to have.

They have so many ways to escape or avoid damage and so many ways to stunlock someone without letting them do anything and if they fail they can just reset all their cooldowns GG. Not to mention stuff like how they can dig and carry NW flag in their black stealth. They have other things like easy chi building and their buff. They are not as OP in mass PvP as in 1v1 but If you think they are irrelevant in mass pvp then maybe you've been lucky and only fought undegeared sucky duskblades.

Duskblades are just broken and there's a reason so many people are rerolling or making duskblade alts. Its just like with sins some years ago.

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    To be honest the only thing that makes duskblade anywhere near op is access to tangling mire. No offense to ruby but I tore him a new one multi times once I started using it just to prove a point that mire prob should be locked out from db. You take mire out of the equation and its not a big deal. I'll never using mire in legit 1v1 because lets face it when 1 skill can hit endgame ppl 50k with little no no effort than yea shouldnt be exploited. So mire quadrature/spark/0 p.def personally shouldnt be abused as they are. @herbage you clearly havent seen the fights me and ruby 1v1 and I won granted ruby actually outgears me in terms of reborn cards if I use mire yes he can die if hes caught offguard no matter how slim it is. Talk the smack you like but unless you're joe,incursio,ruby,sizz you're just another person complaining they are GG easy simply because I work harder for my gear and can prob outskill some enemies. If I cant means I have to work harder until I can yes Ruby has killed many times and? So the fact he can hit 77k on endgame ppl with 1 combo he can use then easily kite until its availible agian I think once every 60 sec? GG WP sir I've fought Ruby for years on diff classes and always had good times and then times I just lost but learned something @jsxshadow Ive fought aswell and though we differ on oppinions not once told me Im bad at what I do even though he and I are on equal playing field on his sb we BOTH kill eachother pretty sure he wouldnt deny thay, so nice try.
    The fact people who talk as if +12 on pure armor as in hp is op BESIDES on psychics is pure stupidity Ive seen every class completely destroyed as +12 vs +10 its just hp get over it. Deity build classes die quick with the exception of a sin in tidal but also kill quick but thats op? Yep this is what happens when you let people who clearly don't work towards anything and want things spoonfed, they talk about complete nonsense and QQing about others who work towards a goal xD kinda partially why joe gets as much flame as he does even though we cant deny yes he can be **** but you cant deny dudes got skill but QQers dont see that *sigh*
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • fernadoalonso#1976
    fernadoalonso#1976 Posts: 1 Arc User
    null

@blazerboy you are drunk, get some sleep and after that come here to run your mouth. Idk about what kind of fights you talking about but all the time i see you doing 1vs1 you always lose. Not so well for +12 deity dusk, knowing the fact you always outgear opponent with your gears and rb AEU set. Get some skill, kid, then i might to listen to your advices, but for now, knowing who you are and how you play, everything you say should be ignored by everyone.
  • hatsuyas
    hatsuyas Posts: 12 Arc User
    If I have a duskblade with g16 with half **** refines and I can kill r9rr easy then there surely is an issue that needs to be addressed here.
  • oreowarrior
    oreowarrior Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Hatsuyas, even before i stopped playing(january) G16 vs r9rr was a pretty much even matchup until around +8(I even proved this!!! Beat a 3rd cast barb as a g16bm both +5). I always wanted to prove that G16+12(with correct stuff) and r9rr +12 were about even but never really got that chance. Infact, if i recall correctly, the only real advantage that r9rr had over g16 was the set bonus. I dont remember the specifics, but it was something about the attack and defense levels on r9rr being greater? Even ran it on a calculator and r9rr dealt anywhere from equal to 2x damage on it.

Forgot to mention that this may have changed with any skill updates or gear updates that may have occured since then.
    (It probably changed)
  • devilish2
    devilish2 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Ty PWI to make DB class,now all other classes who used to 1vs1 can quit.It was ridilicious watching how +10 DB killing +12/NP set ,maxed starchart archer loool .Well i hope pwi soon nerf DBs ,or...lets all play DB? PS. make bramble/bramble hood to work in pvp ,veno is the only class who havent pvp selfbuffs ...ty
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    The point made was this:

a skilled g16 db has the cc and dmg to kill endgame r9rr (other classes).

Can you name any other class that, as a g16, can, with relative ease, cc and kill endgame r9rr (other classes)? Simply put, no. Not a chance in hell. G16 gear doesn't provide adequate defenses to survive r9rr-level damage for more than a couple hits. And only a duskblade can stun lock so effectively that defense charms absorb any hits that do get past the stun lock.

So the question we ask is, if a g16 duskblade can stand toe-to-toe with a r9rr full jades wizard, what chance does that wizard have when the duskblade, too, acquires r9rr with jades/deities? The obvious answer is, not much. Not self-buffed anyways.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• jsxshadow
    csquared5 wrote: »
    The point made was this:

a skilled g16 db has the cc and dmg to kill endgame r9rr (other classes).

Can you name any other class that, as a g16, can, with relative ease, cc and kill endgame r9rr (other classes)? Simply put, no. Not a chance in hell. G16 gear doesn't provide adequate defenses to survive r9rr-level damage for more than a couple hits. And only a duskblade can stun lock so effectively that defense charms absorb any hits that do get past the stun lock.

So the question we ask is, if a g16 duskblade can stand toe-to-toe with a r9rr full jades wizard, what chance does that wizard have when the duskblade, too, acquires r9rr with jades/deities? The obvious answer is, not much. Not self-buffed anyways.

Well...when I fight Wizards/Caster on the same gear as my Duskblade they either instantly use immunity and die nearly instantly once its out or they die instantly :D My Quad-Interrupt Combo kills anything equal geared withing 2-3 seconds depending on how good your ping is. Either you have genie ready or you are dead.

That is the reason why I dont gear up my Duskblade anymore. Not at all. The DB class is way too strong. Nowadays when I fight somewhat endgame caster on the DB it ends up me using only def weap/def bles on selfbuffs vs the caster being SoD-Buffed. That's a little challange at least but even then I still win 99% of the fights. Wouldn't be able to do that stuff vs ruby since he is full endgame (cept for cards) and I would literally deal 5k crit with my Quad-Combo and 500-1k damage per hit on 32k HP xDD

Still, at very endgame sins are still the way bigger threat. Tidal just scales too well with any sort of defensive improvement.