Oldschool - Perfect World before Genies

howiter
howiter Posts: 5 Arc User
Let's be honest here, we know that the golden days of Perfect World was before the first majour expansion - the Genies.

Now I think many of you are going to disagree with me on that, but to be fair, I think Perfect World was more like it's actual lore than it is now. With all of these new additions, we've grown away further and further from the world and begun to see more and more of a clusterfuck of a place known as Pangu. There is a reason why we had 3 races only, it's because they ALL had a history with eachother. They HATED eachother, and wanted to kill eachother. But now they are working together to stop one evil, the Wraiths.

Now?

Perfect World introduces fish people that had absolutely NO impact on the story whatsoever. The Earthguard too, and now the Dawnthingies... Wat?

If they have absolutely NO relation to the other 3 main races, then why are tHEY here?!?!

To be honest, if we bought back old school, it would bring back old players and they would love to play the less laggier and more sense-making game that was Perfect World - Wan Mei. When I first joined this game, it was one of my favourite mmos because the concept was great! The musicial score was beautiful, the mobs were REALLY well done, and I have to say, it was pretty brilliant. But now? It's boring. There is no main plotline now, and everything is WAY too divided. I mean come on... We had the original game end with a cliffhanger in Heaven and Hell when the character gets the 3rd fairy n such...

But what I'm saying, release an old school version of this game and update the game with it's own exclusive oldschool updates. Maybe some content relating to the original story, maybe something for endgame so people can be kept busy and all...
Tagged:

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Not going to happen.
    I'm sure the races all tie in the lore, but we probably never got the complete translation for it.
    And really, how many people do you think actually played PWI for the plot, specially now?
    Like every aging MMO, they tend to not age all that well, PWI is no exception to that.

What china should've done is not rush PW and let the original dev team do what they intended to do, but yada yada rush rush, @sylenthunder can write more about that.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    There is no market for pre-genies Perfect World so PWE (or whoever) has no reason to release an official server for it. It's usually only a handful of people that want it, whether because they genuinely liked the old PW or because of nostalgia, and private servers are usually the better option.

Also consider the fact that PW is about 10 years old. People will generally rather check out one of the newer MMORPGs than re-start on an old PW, which frankly, really doesn't have that much to do compared to current PWI or other MMORPGs. Not to mention with the lack of updates, people will eventually get bored of it. Unless they just want to do the old quests or do pre-genie PK. That, again, is something they can do on a private server.

​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    This has been brought up several times before. It won't happen. Ever.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    This has been brought up several times before. It won't happen. Ever.

If they update the Game Engine what are the odds they could open the Lv Cap and fix a few other things at the same time. Possible im sure. I don't believe in the impossible their is always a way. The way I work is Don't say its impossible find the solution. Would sure be nice for them to be able to Finnish the system or bring it back to a state where they could work as designed.

LOL im a hard task master, But I can usually find results where others fail. Think I have answered my own question. It would be Hard but not impossible...​​
  • squeekup
    squeekup Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    It's not so bad now really . I will admit I did enjoy the DQ days. Made it worth picking up drops while grinding/farming for skilling mats. Now it's kill spend kill spend. Or rather thats how it feels here.
    Post edited by squeekup on
  • werecorrupted
    werecorrupted Posts: 5 Arc User
    Was watching a couple of old vids, seeing a lvl 75 archer dominate a TW was really nostalgic, why not have atleast one server with the old codes, it would bring a ton of old players back, encourage newbies, heck atleast don't go further than Sin's, miss when the big thing was getting aps, when you farmed for it and not dump your wallet for a r9 >_>.
    Make the server with a certain fee, PWI, if youre lacking so much in $$.
    Cheers :3
  • runedrangen1
    runedrangen1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    hello,

I am sure that many requested this or not.

The reason why i am posting this might be useless but,
    since PWI release the game incredible good because the world
    was filled with so many players around the world.
    i am starting a toon with frends that just started the game
    and i see no one like no one is doing quests everyone is maxed out.
    leveling is made way to easy now hyper x12 etc.

what if PWI made an vanilla servers on EU and NA

Without hyper stones no extra exp just the hard way to get lvl 101
    no FCC nothing that helps you with lvling.

its just that its so empty for new players they have nothing to do unless to pay and get gear.
    old pwi was so much fun players actaully invited eachother to sqaud and questing then leaving and split apart for another quests
    etc.

even if alot of players can buy tons of gold they can get gear but wont get the exp easily.

well this is my thought for a very long time since i play this game for like 7 years now.

Greetings Leon,